shape
carat
color
clarity

Franck Muller watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 3:52:37 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. Have you seen this Franck Muller at Signed Pieces: FM New $3325 Metal Bracelet?
Starryeyed,
Thanks, but I''d prefer black numerals.

Kaleigh,
What''s your favourite watch?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Not exactly new, but this is LOVELY and the estimate seems low...

http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=2352+++++641+&refno=++692550&saletype=

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,

It's structured and a good size for daily use. I'm eyeing the white one.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 4:58:18 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 3/9/2007 3:52:37 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. Have you seen this Franck Muller at Signed Pieces: FM New $3325 Metal Bracelet?
Starryeyed,
Thanks, but I''d prefer black numerals.

Kaleigh,
What''s your favourite watch?
Cartier, Rolex pearlmaster and Ebel. The list could go on and on. I love watches!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the white one. Oh oh.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got this one as a gift. It''s a tad big for everyday, though.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Darn you. Now I lurve the Cartier Tonneau!

Kaleigh the watch-lover,
Help me out!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Methinks you have gotten plenty already!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Harriet! Those ARE lovely...
3.gif

God I wish I had a picture of the fabulous Longchamp I got in white and gold/bronze... I still have the bag, but it''s in a terrible state! Not even photographable.
39.gif
Last year my colors were white and gold. I rocked them to death.

This year I declared it a Hermes Orange year. I am considering orange and MAYBE the Hermes green color for accessories. Mind you, I would LOVE to have the ACTUAL Hermes for the Orange and Green scheme, but alas, my wallet is not on board with me on that one!
39.gif

I need to know more about these bags Harriet.... I want!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:21:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Methinks you have gotten plenty already!!!
I don''t have a single watch. Help me!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed,
Thanks! I''ll go look at it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just like the one Starryeyed found, but with black numerals.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is the price on that one without diamonds?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
$5k. What do you think of it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, I might get a bit tired of the stylized look of the numbers, but I do like the watch. I know you said you want something smaller, I have not seen these on the wrist. But I think they are cool watches and that may next on my list, I will ask my watch guy what he thinks of them.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
harriette, visit the james free website and see the brands of watches they have.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i see my post has been edited as it should have been since i posted something against the forum rules. sorry.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 10:59:47 AM
Author: diamondfan
I like it, I might get a bit tired of the stylized look of the numbers, but I do like the watch. I know you said you want something smaller, I have not seen these on the wrist. But I think they are cool watches and that may next on my list, I will ask my watch guy what he thinks of them.
Please do. I''ve tried the model on and it''s a lovely size.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 11:51:45 AM
Author: crown1
harriette, visit the james free website and see the brands of watches they have.
Thanks!

Btw, did you say a naughty work?
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet, I''m guessing the Cartier isn''t working for you?

If you ever considered the FM with diamonds in another gold color, Signed Pieces has one in pink gold. Quite a stunning piece.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Starryeyed,

It works, but not for work! The Lanieres in a tonneau shape would.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 8:43:41 AM
DF,
$5k. What do you think of it?
Update:
The list price is $5k, but I've found it online for $3,500.

Btw, does anyone know if the Cartier Lanieres mini-tonneau comes in steel?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:
Cartier says the Lanieres comes only in yellow and rose gold.

Nicrez,
Have you decided on a bag yet? You can change the scarf on the Gucci on and add an Hermes orange/green accent.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
bad news...I went to shopping this weekend and saw the bag... but I didn't LOVE it on me. I seemed a bit TOO large and simple. I have no idea what I want anymore!
39.gif
Actually, I take it back, I am not looking for a big tote anymore, as my Longchamp is so darling i am going to take it to get cleaned (come hell or highwater it WILL survive!) and then that leaves me with a smaller classic brownish/universal type bag for an everyday use.

Gucci is certainly a consideration. These past few years they don't irritate me, but issue, everone and their sister has Gucci. Poop. I hate being a lemming...but I do like their look seomtimes. That sort of canvas logo is really popular...
7.gif

I also am weird, but have an issue with canvas, as i have a cute bag from LV, but it's the mini monogram in the fabric, and it can not be cleaned, therefor redning it useless to someone as beatly as I am on my bags!
11.gif
I am a total heretic. I put them down on the floor (if they are totes), on benches, and other public surfaces...I am a mess, I need one made of vinyl or PVC!?
39.gif

And i like the FM watch, sorry no luck on the Cartier without diamonds, but I will keep looking!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, any thoughts on Ferragamo or Tod''s?

They can be hit or miss, but I average about one new Ferragamo per season (Summer/Winter). If it''s not an everyday bag, I usually find an evening or occasional bag that I love.

Tod''s is also Italian, as you probably know, and the leather is great. I haven''t bought one yet, but everytime I see one, It''s distinctive and gorgeous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Sorry the bags didn't work out for you. I agree with you on Gucci -- this is the first one I've actually liked! Btw, what do you think of the FM with white numerals Starryeyed found? It's growing on me.

Starryeyed,
I'm a big Tod's fan. But, if Nicrez beats up her bags, Tod's won't work unless she gets a pebbled leather version. I'm extremely gentle, and my smooth leather tote is already wearing at the corners.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I am an absolute horror with bags...I suppose because i hate carrying them, yet I love their look? Any chance to ditch my bag, I do. I have been known in the past to take a Roger Vivier at a night club in NY and just plop it on the sofas and go dancing (hidden under coats).
38.gif

So the animal has spoken. as for the FM, I sort of agree with diamondfan. The letters may wear a bit, but overall the design and look are too good to pass up. That''s why I liked the Cartier. Classic numerals. BUT, if you have a funky fun edge, and you clearly do...
31.gif
then the FM might be ideal for what you are looking for! For the price, how do you feel about that being your watch for a while? You can always get a fancy diamond one later...but recover from this expense first...? I give it 4 stars out of 5.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me? Funky fun edge? Where did you get that from?! I lurve the Cartier, but it's not a work watch. Remember what law firms are like?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 5:06:54 PM
Me? Funky fun edge? Where did you get that from?! I lurve the Cartier, but it's not a work watch. Remember what law firms are like?
Are you sure about this Cartier? Cartier Tank Francaise 18K WG on Blue Crocodile Strap $4,645

There are no diamonds, the dimensions are small - 20.5 mm wide x 24 mm long x 6 mm thick, it has classic black roman numerals, and is a great deal on an 18K Cartier watch. Sorry I couldn't paste the image.

Do you perhaps think it's not worth getting 18K WG when steel looks almost the same? This Cartier is definitely a conservative watch. It screams work watch to me. Why do you think it's not for work?

The FM is nice too, but for $1300 more, I'd get the 18K Cartier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results