shape
carat
color
clarity

Franck Muller watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 12:31:21 PM
Author: widget
I think the Tortue is some sort of recent ''revival'' of an old Cartier classic..

I''m with DF: I LOVE the tonneau shape!

widget
Do they make it in a thinner version...I am not yet in the market for it, but in a year i will be and I WANT! I should do the research NOW, but why make myself cry...but this sort of passive searching is good. Like gathering knowledge! Thanks guys!

Widget, those watches shouldn''t give too much problem...good luck with it!!!
7.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the tonneau shape. Please let me know if you think of any skinny watch in that style. My heart''s with the Franck Muller, though!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoot. Bergdorf's told me the FM watch is being discontinued. I didn't believe them, but I called another retailer and they can't get it either.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Harriet: I found a couple of watches you might find interesting.

First, Ulysse Nardin's "Michaelangelo". (It comes in lots of different colors and configurations)

ulysse nardin michaelangelo.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....Ebel "Beluga":

UEbel beluga.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and finally: Vacheron Constantine:

vacheronconstan.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkade_medium_b_801_021.jpg

I love this watch.......

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
saxonia_medium_c_803_021.jpg

I really like large faces--and I've seen this one with a MOP face and cream colored strap; devine, but not "dainty".

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 2:19:09 PM
Author: widget
....and finally: Vacheron Constantine:
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 3:20:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal
arkade_medium_b_801_021.jpg

I love this watch.......
Canuk-gal,

Thanks! I can''t see who the maker is.
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, it's "A. Lange & Sohne"

And the Vacheron Constantine...simply...
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Vacheron is on my list... but with a WG bracelet and diamond markers instead.

A couple of my freinds have different Patek Phillipe watches. They are lovely, and really classic. But they don't have style that does it for me.

I also want to know which one it is that Canuck gal posted there... its really lovely. A Lange & Sone is what the maker looks like.

I don't have a watch either Harriet. Just my cell.
20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2007 4:04:03 PM
Author: Gypsy
That Vacheron is on my list... but with a WG bracelet and diamond markers instead.

A couple of my freinds have different Patek Phillipe watches. They are lovely, and really classic. But they don't have style that does it for me.

I also want to know which one it is that Canuck gal posted there... its really lovely. A Lange & Sone is what the maker looks like.

I don't have a watch either Harriet. Just my cell.
20.gif
HI:

Gypsy and Harriet, the manufacturer is as Nicrez states: A. Lange & Sohne.
1.gif
www.lange-uhren.com

cheers--Sharon

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FMIL has a watch from Jaeger-LeCoultre and hers is very delicate and lovely.

Here''s one that I thought might be nice and small plus the price is reasonable. They have other similar ones at different price points as well... but this one is a nice flexible everyday... which would work until you got yourself another, dressy one later.
11.gif

http://www.atlantictime.com/jaeger-lecoultre-reverso-florale-watch-10065-80.html

Q2658120.jpg

This is a similar one in 18K instead of stainless...

http://www.atlantictime.com/jaeger-lecoultre-manual-wind-watch-21051-80.html

Q2673302.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the bottom one Gypsy, it''s very pretty!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
More fodder for thought! I need something that I can wear on my e-ring hand but still look lawyerly. Help!

Kaleigh,
If I'm not mistaken, you just had Leon make something. Where can I find pictures? I have a couple of projects planned.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Of all the watches posted so far, I still like the FM Curvex best...
30.gif

If you do too, why not call some of the big dealers (Jomashop, AtlanticTime, etc) and have them look for one for you? Surely there''s one available somewhere!

widget

j1940_241375725gyt.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous widget!!! Such a classic time piece.
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. What a fun thread!

I am VERY partial to Cartier watches. If I could have any watch right now, I''d get a Baignoire Allongee with a diamond bezel. Love it!

Have you looked at Cartier''s Lanieres Hexagonal or the Lanieres Mini Tonneau? These are smaller watches.

How about this one? The Audemars Piguet Promesse. The case is curved and it''s small. I love the gray strap.

4631.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I also love the Piaget, Limelight collection. Perhaps the tonneau-shaped Limelight wold be good for you. Sorry I couldn''t cut and paste with Flash, but check out their site - www.piaget.com.

Breguet has a great reputation for excellent timepieces. Here are a few from the Reine de Naples collection that I love!
30.gif
These aren''t exactly conservative though.

BreguetRDN1a.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here's the second. I like this one better than the first, but they are both gorgeous.

BreguetRDN2a.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
If you like the Ebel BelugaTonneau, check out this one from Overstock.com. Ebel $4K

P10469134.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ebel brasilia is also pretty...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! The FM Curvex still has my heart. I don't think I should get the diamond-studded model though -- it's a bit much on the same hand as my e-ring.
33.gif
This watch is going to be my everyday watch.

Btw, which online retailers have you used?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. It seems the Franck Muller has really hit your heart. I would get just what you want - if you want diamonds, get diamonds!

Long-term, diamonds may be a better bet because you can dress the watch up or dress it down. It''s much harder to dress up a plain watch. If you get the plain one, I almost guarantee you will want a watch with diamonds within a few months. I know - it''s happened to me.

I don''t think a watch with diamonds competes with your e-ring; in fact, it''s a better complement. If the diamond-FM is a little more than you want to spend right now, I''d hold off and save up. You can always get a steel and diamond watch now if you HAVE to have one.

In terms of where to shop, just be sure to check out the vendor''s reputation on the Better Business Bureau Reliability Search. Also, as I''m sure you know, epinions.com is a good source for feedback too.

I''ve bought a bunch of stuff from "Barry" at Gemnation. They are really busy, but will usually match/beat any advertised price.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:23:01 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. It seems the Franck Muller has really hit your heart. I would get just what you want - if you want diamonds, get diamonds!

Long-term, diamonds may be a better bet because you can dress the watch up or dress it down. It''s much harder to dress up a plain watch. If you get the plain one, I almost guarantee you will want a watch with diamonds within a few months. I know - it''s happened to me.

I don''t think a watch with diamonds competes with your e-ring; in fact, it''s a better complement. If the diamond-FM is a little more than you want to spend right now, I''d hold off and save up. You can always get a steel and diamond watch now if you HAVE to have one.

In terms of where to shop, just be sure to check out the vendor''s reputation on the Better Business Bureau Reliability Search. Also, as I''m sure you know, epinions.com is a good source for feedback too.

I''ve bought a bunch of stuff from ''Barry'' at Gemnation. They are really busy, but will usually match/beat any advertised price.
Thanks, Starryeyed. If it''s true that the FM Curvex is being discontinued, I can''t wait and save up. On the other hand, I need a quiet watch in my quiet profession.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:43:47 PM
Author: Harriet
On the other hand, I need a quiet watch in my quiet profession.
Harriet, are you kidding?? You have a totally screamin' e-ring, why should a few diamonds on the bezel matter? It's up to you though - if you are more comfortable with a plain watch, that's what's important.
2.gif

I guess I see diamond bezels a little diffferently than other jewelry. Tasteful watches are conservative by nature - a few diamonds does not change that. You tried on the watch with diamonds and loved it, right? I don't think you should "settle", lest you doom yourself to the coulda-shoulda-woulda game. Get what you want!

I feel like I am enabling again....
1.gif
Give Barry a call and see what he can do for you.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any time I have a choice between diamonds or not, I usually opt for diamonds and am not sorry I did. The exception? The Chanel white watch. With a minimal amount of diamonds the watch was more than double, and while I wanted a white watch for summer, it just seemed silly. So I got it without, and now I am sorry. Of course, it is not a tailored daily wear watch, but it has really grown on me and I am wishing I spent the additional money, even though it seemed ridiculous to me at the time.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed and DF,
You are both officially my enablers.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember my motto...It's only money!!!

(and, you cannot take it with you!
2.gif
)

You can certainly find a nice stainless watch by Baume and Mercier, Omega, etc, if you want to get the FM and have a more simple one for work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results