shape
carat
color
clarity

Franck Muller watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:55:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
Any time I have a choice between diamonds or not, I usually opt for diamonds and am not sorry I did. The exception? The Chanel white watch. With a minimal amount of diamonds the watch was more than double, and while I wanted a white watch for summer, it just seemed silly. So I got it without, and now I am sorry. Of course, it is not a tailored daily wear watch, but it has really grown on me and I am wishing I spent the additional money, even though it seemed ridiculous to me at the time.
Sounds like classic coulda-shoulda-woulda to me! Definitely something to be avoided at all costs!

Harriet, imagine if every time you looked at the watch you wished there were diamonds? It would be torture and then you'd go out and buy another watch WITH diamonds. You'll wind up spending more in the end because you didn't get what you wanted in the first place.

DF, I think we're bad influences!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember that some of us have budgets.
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:12:59 PM
Author: Harriet
Remember that some of us have budgets.
2.gif
So forget the Leon Mege setting for your e-ring until you upgrade the diamond, and presto, you can afford the FM watch!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Leon Mege quote is surprisingly reasonable.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, if I were you I would focus on the main issues...I would rather get the FM watch I loved and not reset a ring, certainly that money could be better spent, since again your setting is lovely...think about the dribs and drabs and buying, as Starry said, something you are lukewarm about and or are settling for, and make a wiser expenditure, tabling some of the other stuff...that is what I would do if budget were an issue. Better than spending a chunk of change here there and everywhere and not truly getting what you want. I would kick myself for not getting what I wanted. If truly I could not spend the money, than it would have to be fine. But if I realized that the money I was spending on other fun items was adding up and I could have the bigger better item, I would re focus myself. Just trying to put it in perspective, I am not spending your money for you, just seeing all these threads going in all these directions, and trying to point out the obvious.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:18:06 PM
Which one? Do tell?
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which you've done, O' Voice of Reason.
I'm still worried that the FM with diamonds won't go down too well at my firm.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:18:23 PM
Harriet, if I were you I would focus on the main issues...I would rather get the FM watch I loved and not reset a ring, certainly that money could be better spent, since again your setting is lovely...think about the dribs and drabs and buying, as Starry said, something you are lukewarm about and or are settling for, and make a wiser expenditure, tabling some of the other stuff...that is what I would do if budget were an issue. Better than spending a chunk of change here there and everywhere and not truly getting what you want. I would kick myself for not getting what I wanted. If truly I could not spend the money, than it would have to be fine. But if I realized that the money I was spending on other fun items was adding up and I could have the bigger better item, I would re focus myself. Just trying to put it in perspective, I am not spending your money for you, just seeing all these threads going in all these directions, and trying to point out the obvious.
Ditto!!!
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:21:43 PM
I''m still worried that the FM with diamonds won''t go down too well at my firm.
Nonsense!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:20:11 PM
Author: starryeyed

Which one? Do tell?
1.gif
I''ll tell only if it doesn''t violate forum rules. Does it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:22:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/7/2007 11:18:23 PM
Ditto!!!
2.gif
Yet another voice of reason. Don''t worry -- I don''t have that short of an attention span, just several landmark occasions coming up.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, all the MORE reason to get something more substantial. I buy myself lots of trinkets and things, but save big things for my dh to get for me. He knows I want it, I know he wants to get it for me to mark an occasion, everyone is happy. If you want a basic no diamond watch, fine, but it just seems you are rationalizing about work etc, when I am certain there are colleagues in the office who have nice pieces, as do you. Without knowing the people you work with, I would assume a level of sophistication and would hope a nice watch on your wrist would garner not much more than nice comments...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
I wish I could pair a diamond watch with my e-ring (I''m a right-hander). But, I work in a very conservative environment. As it is, other women are already staring at my e-ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand. But I do not worry about other''s views too much...I do what makes ME comfortable. If I truly felt too conspicuous, I would buy a simple but high quality watch without diamonds, wear it with my Cartier simple band and call it a day where work was concerned. I would get what I want for outside of work. That way, you are covering your bases.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:51:26 PM
I understand. But I do not worry about other''s views too much...I do what makes ME comfortable. If I truly felt too conspicuous, I would buy a simple but high quality watch without diamonds, wear it with my Cartier simple band and call it a day where work was concerned. I would get what I want for outside of work. That way, you are covering your bases.
I would have to agree with DF here - two watches may be your answer. One for work, one for the rest of the time.

I understand what you mean about your co-workers. Jealousy is a very ugly and powerful motive.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then I''ll be a good girl and hold off on a diamond watch. It''s one thing to have peers jealous of you. I don''t want to offend the higher ups as well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just don''t wear it to work! Seems pretty simple...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
True, but I don''t need a watch when I''m not working. Plus, I''m at work all the time anyway.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious then, would you be wearing all of these other things to the office too? I would not be worried about a mere watch if so...Plus Harriet, a word of my advice here. I have endured comments, not at work, but...from people who only see the "stuff" and not the content of who I am inside. I like nice things, and I buy them. I do not do it except to please myself. There will always be people with more and people with less. Snarky gossips will find things to chew on no matter what you do or do not wear to the office, imho. You cannot please all people all the time, nor should you try. I would hope those people you work with are not spending your money for you or judging what you choose to buy, but have other things to focus on. However, asI am not in an office environment, I do not not want to be naive, even if I think certain things hold true regardless. You are posting here about a lot of material items. Are you going to hide those items from people at work? I am not saying flaunt anything, or be inappropriate...but if you are saying you have a certain sensitivity about those things and are at work most of the time, yet concurrently have a laundry list of pricey items posted here in various threads...well, I am admitting to being a bit confused. It is nice to have a wish list, a lot of us here do, and we are thrilled to get one of our items from it (and add on a new one too)...but you have a long time to amass these things, and I would hope you have people of a like mind surrounding you, or if not, that they are more focused on their own lives than on what you are buying or getting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 12:25:09 AM
True, but I don''t need a watch when I''m not working. Plus, I''m at work all the time anyway.
Lately you have been on here during the day and was wondering how you find time to do that with being a busy lawyer??? Guess you juggle things well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 12:35:44 AM
Just curious then, would you be wearing all of these other things to the office too? I would not be worried about a mere watch if so...Plus Harriet, a word of my advice here. I have endured comments, not at work, but...from people who only see the ''stuff'' and not the content of who I am inside. I like nice things, and I buy them. I do not do it except to please myself. There will always be people with more and people with less. Snarky gossips will find things to chew on no matter what you do or do not wear to the office, imho. You cannot please all people all the time, nor should you try. I would hope those people you work with are not spending your money for you or judging what you choose to buy, but have other things to focus on. However, asI am not in an office environment, I do not not want to be naive, even if I think certain things hold true regardless. You are posting here about a lot of material items. Are you going to hide those items from people at work? I am not saying flaunt anything, or be inappropriate...but if you are saying you have a certain sensitivity about those things and are at work most of the time, yet concurrently have a laundry list of pricey items posted here in various threads...well, I am admitting to being a bit confused. It is nice to have a wish list, a lot of us here do, and we are thrilled to get one of our items from it (and add on a new one too)...but you have a long time to amass these things, and I would hope you have people of a like mind surrounding you, or if not, that they are more focused on their own lives than on what you are buying or getting.
Hi DF,
For work, I''ll just be wearing my e-ring and future watch, possibly my Trinity. When I do get the studs, I''ll wear those too. The rest of the stuff is for weekends. They do release me on weekends.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 12:46:03 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/8/2007 12:25:09 AM
True, but I don't need a watch when I'm not working. Plus, I'm at work all the time anyway.
Lately you have been on here during the day and was wondering how you find time to do that with being a busy lawyer??? Guess you juggle things well.
Yup, plus I'm on PS mostly before I leave for work.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:25:08 PM
Date: 3/7/2007 11:20:11 PM
Which one? Do tell?
1.gif
I''ll tell only if it doesn''t violate forum rules. Does it?
Hi Harriet. I contacted the Pricescope administrator and asked if sharing that info would be a violation of any forum rules. "Irina" wrote back and said no, it''s not a violation. The forum rules are linked at the bottom of the page if you want to check yourself.

Ok, sooooo, spill it.
28.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed,
You''re hardcore. Ok -- it''s $3150 to $3310. I''ll see what WF quotes.
Ok, back to work...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 10:12:53 AM
Starryeyed,
You're hardcore. Ok -- it's $3150 to $3310. I'll see what WF quotes.
Ok, back to work...
Thanks Harriet - interesting. So this is for the split shank tsavorite or the e-ring reset?

If you don't mind, remind me of the design again - like how many sides of pave, whether there is pave on the head, etc?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 11:04:29 AM

Date: 3/8/2007 10:12:53 AM
Starryeyed,
You''re hardcore. Ok -- it''s $3150 to $3310. I''ll see what WF quotes.
Ok, back to work...
Thanks Harriet - interesting. So this is for the split shank tsavorite or the e-ring reset?

If you don''t mind, remind me of the design again - like how many sides of pave, whether there is pave on the head, etc?
The e-ring reset -- a skinny one-sided pave and a tulip head sans pave. What is a tulip head anyway?
There never was a split-shank tsavorite, just a split-shank emerald-cut for much much later.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Just doing a quick Google, I found this image for a "Tulip Head". Looks pretty. You may want to ask if this is what he means.

AbaziaTulipHead.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 12:13:39 AM
Then I''ll be a good girl and hold off on a diamond watch. It''s one thing to have peers jealous of you. I don''t want to offend the higher ups as well.
Just agreeing with you Harriet...

I assume you are an associate...? I used to be a paralegal, and as true as that is for them, it''s far worse for a lawyer...So many of my friends have suffered that fate. Lawfirms are a very conservative, male dominated, and bizarre little microcosm for the most part.

I agree with you, don''t be too flashy at work. It''s always best to keep your nose down and put in the face at work, especially if you are hoping to gain favor with your higher ups. Sad to say but it''s such a tricky little road (especially in larger law firms the likes of Skaaden, Cravath, Wachtell Lipton, W&C hence why you work like a dog...
7.gif
then when you make partner, leave and go private! That''s what my friends did. Out of my core girlfriends (we all had dinners together monthly for 9 years) there were 5 lawfirm lawyers, and me. Then one by one they left law, and the only one still a "lawyer" is actually a trascactional lawyer for a large investment firm.

My advice to you, other than get the FM plain and treat yourself to diamond watch when you hit another milestone is...RUN! Go private! ;-) But seriously, good luck!
28.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Thanks for your sound advice. Mercifully, I like my firm and love my practice area (yes, I am an associate). But, I may need to talk with that friend of yours in a few years time!

Starryeyed,
I didn't have a chance to call LM today, but will try to do so and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results