shape
carat
color
clarity

Franck Muller watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two Bedat watches, the one you have shown, the stainless but with diamonds all around the bezel and on the east and west side of the lower bezel, and the same watch in 18 k yellow gold with diamonds all around the bezel. Bedat watches are lovely and not so common, which I like. I am sure it will pass muster among the green eyed colleagues. Only people who know watches really know that this is a nice high end watch.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
I found it at your suggestion. Is it skinny?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the more rounded No. 3, I think that they also make a skinnier longer one. On my wrist I liked the more rounded tonneau, I tend not to like the skinny shapes. They have a more vintage look and are not flattering on me, my wrist is small but I still like some width...I think watches have to be tried on, I have thought I would love something and hated it on me...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is the skinnier one I think. The stainless one I have is on page 5, the top right one with the additional little photo to show the side detail. They do not have the all gold and diamond bezel one that I own on this site. I got the stainless first, and when I wanted a yellow gold watch I could wear for day to luncheons and events, I liked it so much I bought the yellow gold version. It is in between being really dressy and sportier, which I like. Again, I think it best to try on. I really think you should consider the smallest rolex, the stainless one, no diamonds, smooth bezel and flat link bracelet. I have the larger size with a pink gold face and the arabic numerals, and I love the tone of the face. It is chic without being flashy. But the smallest size is likely best for you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you mind showing me the Rolex you have in mind?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is on the site, Oyster perpetual late date pink or something, rolex 79160...check it out, I am not sure if there is one size down from it or not...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very classic. Are you a watch expert?
2.gif
This will be my first good watch, so please give me the 101 on good watches.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Good grief! Now I want a watch!!!!! You ladies have gorgeous watches!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love them. I am not an expert about the movement or that type of thing, but Rolex''s are highly regarded and collected. I think that one is basic yet lovely, but I HATE dark faced watches for some reason and I never liked the typical presidential. This is a great all around watch, not a dressy one, clearly, but still for almost all other wear it is perfect. It is different, which I like, I do not always like to get what everyone has.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
blue, step away slowly and carefully from your computer. It might not be too late, you may have escaped contamination. Then again, you might not have!!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
It''s too late -- Blue''s been on PS longer than I have.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was worth a try...I am trying to not be an enabler anymore!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember you''re now a voice of reason!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try, I really do try, but I do not always practice what I preach!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 1:36:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
Widget, I think you can change the movement through Cartier if you want, not sure about it but my jeweler told me Cartier does it...
Yes, they will. I have a mechanical one and it went wrong. I took it to the New York store and they reworked the entire movement at no charge. They never asked me for any paperwork, which I had long since lost. It took about 2 weeks.

Widget if you take it to SF store I bet they''ll end up shipping it to NY.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 11:10:57 PM
Author: diamondfan
It was worth a try...I am trying to not be an enabler anymore!
No worries - I'll alleviate you of the responsibility, DF!
1.gif

Sharon, I read Salmon's Watches 101, but wish Salmon had more to say about Breguet. They've been in business since 1775. In 1780, they developed the first self-winding movement, in 1786 the first guilloche dial, in 1812 the first wristwatch (for the Queen of Naples), in 1998 the smallest self-winding chronograph movement in the world, and the list of innovations goes on. They've made watches for Winston Churchill and Queen Victoria. Pretty impressive.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
You are all evil!
11.gif
I am now in love with the idea of getting a casual yet elegant watch...(sans diamonds for now)

I am really liking the Cartier Tonneau (but the skinnier one DiamondFan)

This one has diamonds, (which I LOVE) but anyone know what the Tonneau will retail without them? Grrr...I should not be getting a watch, but I DO need one...
9.gif

Cartier tonneau.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
That's gorgeous. Would a diamondless one be discreet enough for my job?

Update:
I looked at the Cartier site, and a diamondless one does not seem to exist.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:55:52 PM
Author: Nicrez
I am really liking the Cartier Tonneau (but the skinnier one DiamondFan)This one has diamonds, (which I LOVE)

OOooooh. I really adore this one! Cartier & Jaeger are my faves for watches I think .... I''m after the not so skinny (which is why I hadn''t mentioned it) Stainless Jaeger Reverso Duo. Will be a few years away though
39.gif
. By the time I have enough mad money I''ll probably be back in a "men''s watch" phase: Tags & antique Rolexes etc...harumph.
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
See?! Isn''t is just ideal? I want it WITH and WITHOUT diamonds! But I am thinking I will get the Tonneau without for now. I saw an older one at Christie''s (where I first fell in love) but it had a satin black strap and a black alligator strap! *dies*
30.gif
That one might have been custom....

I WANT! You people are evil I tell you! I was going to "invest" in a bag, and now I might scrap that for the Cartier!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
If you find it without diamonds, please let me know. Which bag were you thinking of "investing" in? I bought 2 in Jan!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Bad bad! I am desperately searching for the Tonneau without diamonds, that''s why when I saw your Franck Muller I remembered how much I wanted that Cartier, but didn''t remember a thing about it, except the look.

As for what I was going to invest in, I hadn''t even begun my search. But likely an everyday bag, like the Chanel New Lock bag in black leather, medium sized, and perhaps a Longchamp tote or summer bag (as I got addicted in Paris when I got a bag and zip wallet which everyone always comments on...) but now, bye bye Chanel...helloooo Cartier. Why?
39.gif

I wonder if I can find an older tonneau with diamonds cheaper through estate? I will keep my eyes peeled! But if I find the one without bling, I will let you know and it''s yours over mine, as maybe I am meant to get a bag...? (more immediate need there)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please do. As for an everyday bag, I bought the Bottega Veneta shopper and couldn't be more pleased.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
that is a nice find starryeyed! i especially like the sapphire with the simplicity of the watch. nice looking and conservative for harriette''s daily needs.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
If that one doesn''t work for you harriet, you know you can call SP and ask them to call you when a Cartier Tonneau comes in...
31.gif

By the way, spoke to someone who told me that the Tonneau is easy enough to find in estates, so if you are willing to get "pre-owned" you should find one, but haven''t seen a diamondless one...
39.gif

God Speed!

Also, can you post a pic of the bag? I am very strange but like my totes very structured, simple with clean lines...those plush soft leathery ones are never cute on me...
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results