shape
carat
color
clarity

Franck Muller watches

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 9:30:14 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/14/2007 9:22:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I am the most indecisive person when it comes to this kind of thing. It is hard because I don''t have access to try most of thse on. I have tried on Ebels and I know they are very nice quality, etc. My problem is deciding on just ONE!
I am a big fan of Ebel watches. They keep great time and hold up well. Plus they won''t break the bank.
HI:

Ditto Lisa. And everytime I get a new battery, my watch comes back polihsed, looking brand new. I love it all over again!

BTW DS, I have owned two Concords, and my sister also has one. Great time pieces. Never had an issue with that brand either.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa and Sharon! I love to read these watch threads because you can learn so much about brands! I really want high quality, but I don't have to have a Patek or anything like that! You can only justify so much for the name. But even to get an Ebel or Concord close to half off new is amazing!

Lisa or Sharon, which Ebel style do you have? I like about three at least!

Alos, what you said about the polishing must be true. My local jeweler told me that the stainless on the Ebel's was so fine that it repolished to look new just like gold would.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the Ebel Brasilia is lovely. Depends on the look you want!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 11:12:54 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think the Ebel Brasilia is lovely. Depends on the look you want!
That is a nice one, DF! Maybe I should try on all your watches and choose one that way!
2.gif
These threads are addictive!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:12:00 PM
Thanks Lisa and Sharon! I love to read these watch threads because you can learn so much about brands! I really want high quality, but I don't have to have a Patek or anything like that! You can only justify so much for the name. But even to get an Ebel or Concord close to half off new is amazing!

Lisa, which Ebel style do you have? I like about three at least!
Mine has a rectangular face, with diamonds going down each side, stainless steel bracelet. I believe it's discontinued now, model # is 9901J18. I did see an updated version of it at Tourneau. It's quite spiffy. Has a mother of pearl face.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, I do not own the Brasilia, just have admired it in the ads and stuff. It looks sleek and different...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d honestly like a rectangular one and a round one. One with diamonds and one without. Now that I am looking at some of the sites mentioned on this thread, I see that 40% off and more is not hard to find online. That is very nice!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 11:12:00 PM
Thanks Lisa and Sharon! I love to read these watch threads because you can learn so much about brands! I really want high quality, but I don''t have to have a Patek or anything like that! You can only justify so much for the name. But even to get an Ebel or Concord close to half off new is amazing!

Lisa or Sharon, which Ebel style do you have? I like about three at least!

Alos, what you said about the polishing must be true. My local jeweler told me that the stainless on the Ebel''s was so fine that it repolished to look new just like gold would.
HI:

DS, I have the diamond Beluga; and it is almost 6 years old and keeps perfect time. Also, I may get another watch this year (I''ve got plans...so many projects so little time....), I will never give this one up (like I did the Concords to my one sister).

Watch huntiing is almost as fun as getting new diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i will add another vote for ebel. i absolutely love mine! have fun deciding ds! whatever you choose will be an awesome compliment to your 1.6
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belle, I forgot that you also have an Ebel!Which one do you have? I like several of them!

Sharon, that is good to know you still love your Beluga! Is it the round one? I have actually tried on the round Beluga with diamonds and thought it was beautiful.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's here (but the bracelet's too big)!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
it looks nice harriette. it does not look small to me and it seems to be an all right size for your wrist and with your ring. i hope that it makes you happy.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh Harriet, It looks great!!! Just take it to have it sized. Congrats!!!! Is it sleeting there?? We are getting pounded here!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown1,
Thanks! It will make me happy. I'm going to have it engraved "I survived!"

Kaleigh,
Is it tempting you too?
29.gif
We have nasty "wintry mix" here.

Btw, is it discreet enough for work?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 11:02:03 AM
Author: Harriet
Crown1,
Thanks! It will make me happy. I''m going to have it engraved ''I survived!''

Kaleigh,
Is it tempting you too?
29.gif
We have nasty ''wintry mix'' here.

Btw, is it discreet enough for work?
Haha no not yet!! I think it''s perfect for work, really I do. I think you''ll really enjoy it for many years to come!! What kind of warranty did they give you??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,

I will enjoy it for quite a while, since I have no intention of buying another watch anytime soon (you can hold me to that). The warranty is for 1 measly year.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, one year is about all they give, I think that stinks!!! But they are great watches, so hopefully you won''t have any problems.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow ... it looks PERFECT! A nice complement to your e-ring''s size & shape. That was weirdly important to me too - when shopping for e-rings ... something that looked nice with my WATCH. You''ve def accomplished that! Sizing is quick - not sure about engraving. Congrats!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Can the sizing be done on the spot? Btw, is that your dog in your avatar?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 2:54:57 PM
Author: Harriet
Thanks! Can the sizing be done on the spot? Btw, is that your dog in your avatar?
Yes, it doesn''t take long at all!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Btw, the bracelet can be swapped for leather straps. Also, the winder (correct me if I''m using the wrong term) has a darling wee blue spinel.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. The part you are referring to is called the "crown". Many times watches have a "cabochon" crown. This refers to the cut of the stone. I''ve seen sapphires and rubies used, but never spinels - that''s interesting. Keep you eye on it for the next few days to make sure it is keeping good time.

Enjoy the watch and wear it in good health!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! The crown is cabochon-cut, and the hands are blue to match the spinel. How fun.

I'd really like to meet you some day.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Ooops. Double post....

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sounds lovely. I think I would say "cabochon crown" as opposed to a "stainless steel crown".

A gemstone can also be referred to as cabochon, as opposd to faceted.

Next time I head to NYC, I''ll have to let you know!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, congrats! I love it, enjoy it!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: starryeyed

......The part you are referring to is called the 'crown'. Many times watches have a 'cabochon' crown. This refers to the cut of the stone.
I thought you might get a kick out of the crown on mine: it's a teensy diamond, but mounted upside-down! LOL

widget

PS: Harriet: Congrats on your FM! It looks great!

000_3560.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 4:53:38 PM
Author: widget
I thought you might get a kick out of the crown on mine: it''s a teensy diamond, but mounted upside-down! LOL
widget
Widget, that crown is the coolest! I love it!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your watch looks great, Harriet! I do agree that it is in proportion to your ring and will be fine for daily wear to work. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2007 1:54:51 PM
Author: decodelighted
Wow ... it looks PERFECT! A nice complement to your e-ring''s size & shape. That was weirdly important to me too - when shopping for e-rings ... something that looked nice with my WATCH. You''ve def accomplished that! Sizing is quick - not sure about engraving. Congrats!
Deco, that is funny but I have been thinking the same thing...that I want my watch and my rings to compliment each other. I was looking at several shapes including rectangular, but then it crossed my mind that retangular watches would be so good for someone with an emerald or other square/rectangular stone. My diamond is round, and I am thinking that I want a watch that has a round dial or at least curved. It was just funny that I was thinking about that and you posted pretty much what I was thinking...except I already have the rings and need a watch!

Sizing is really quick and they should not charge you, Harriet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results