shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I was told I cannot upgrade the chain but can buy a different chain separately since they cannot separate the egg from the chain it comes with.
Are you sure your store allows an upgrade? Which store? I would appreciate more details.

By upgrade, I mean I can buy the Schlumberge chain separately. I.e., I can buy the egg (that comes with the finer chain) but if I wanted the Schlumberge chain, I'd have to buy it separately as well. Apologies for the wording!

I thought the Tiffany medium sized chain (non-Schlumberge) looked nice with the egg, but the 18" length was about $600 or so.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
By upgrade, I mean I can buy the Schlumberge chain separately. I.e., I can buy the egg (that comes with the finer chain) but if I wanted the Schlumberge chain, I'd have to buy it separately as well. Apologies for the wording!

I thought the Tiffany medium sized chain (non-Schlumberge) looked nice with the egg, but the 18" length was about $600 or so.

That chain is my favorite too. Its the perfect weight for the charm.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I felt that in some pictures, this one looked like a rock and not an egg.
Here are more modelling shots of the last one sent by the SA. I thought it was nice of her to do this. IMG_7815.jpg IMG_7817.jpg IMG_7819.jpg IMG_7816.jpg

I agree with @meesmom about the sky blue choice. Knowing it can possibly be Sleeping Beauty turquoise adds to its allure. Wish this was at my store. Of course, this all depends on what coloring you think looks best on your skin, @nkc.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I felt that in some pictures, this one looked like a rock and not an egg.
Here are more modelling shots of the last one sent by the SA. I thought it was nice of her to do this. IMG_7815.jpg IMG_7817.jpg IMG_7819.jpg IMG_7816.jpg

In the second pic i see definite wonkyness. I'd pass. And yes i see a river rock, not an egg. It looks similar to the one i returned.

nkc

Shiny_Rock

This is exactly what they told me. These were their exact words. I don't understand why they call it an upgrade. It is basically an additional purchase. They told me customer service approved the upgrade but I have to buy the finer chain in addition to the other chain I want.:confused:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @meesmom about the sky blue choice. Knowing it can possibly be Sleeping Beauty turquoise adds to its allure. Wish this was at my store. Of course, this all depends on what coloring you think looks best on your skin, @nkc.

Excellent point! If you have a tiffany box, id take it into a well lit room and hold it up to my face. If you have anything sky blue id do the same. It could help u decide...?

Reactions: nkc

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is exactly what they told me. These were their exact words. I don't understand why they call it an upgrade. It is basically an additional purchase. They told me customer service approved the upgrade but I have to buy the finer chain and in addition to the other chain I want.:confused:

Thats weird. When i bought mine a few years ago it didnt even come with a chain. It was a lot cheaper too, i should've gotten a turquoise one then. Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!! :doh:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Thats weird. When i bought mine a few years ago it didnt even come with a chain. It was a lot cheaper too, i should've gotten a turquoise one then. Shoulda, woulda, coulda!!! :doh:

A couple of years ago, the sold the eggs separately and the turquoise egg used to be $1475 if I remember correctly. Just like you, I waited too long and now they don't have just the egg in stock. They told me their system does not allow them to separate the pendant (egg and chain) since they have a different SKU number for just the egg (sold separately).

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of years ago, the sold the eggs separately and the turquoise egg used to be $1475 if I remember correctly. Just like you, I waited too long and now they don't have just the egg in stock. They told me their system does not allow them to separate the pendant (egg and chain) since they have a different SKU number than just the egg (sold separately).

I remember they used to sell them on a bracelet too. I guess they thought of it more as a charm then.
When i bought my lapis one it was $1050 and the turquoise ones were only $1250.:shock: but that was like 7 years ago (i think).
Did you decide on one yet?

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock

I wish I could see the zircon one! Or imagine a double-rose cut diamond egg... :love:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I remember they used to sell them on a bracelet too. I guess they thought of it more as a charm then.
When i bought my lapis one it was $1050 and the turquoise ones were only $1250.:shock: but that was like 7 years ago (i think).
Did you decide on one yet?

The store allowed me to purchase both and they will ship them to me so I could pick one.:D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
The store allowed me to purchase both and they will ship them to me so I could pick one.:D

Sounds like a good plan. I want you to see those puppies from all angles. ;-)

SGV_Gal

Rough_Rock
Please post a picture of your opal egg.

This is the smaller size. There were two pink opals in stock at the time of my purchase. I chose the darker pink one even though it has two small spots (last 2 pics). The other one didn’t have dark spots but was much paler and had a oval pale area. Too bad I don’t have pictures of the paler one. The SA didn’t give me a brochure even though I purchased in store.
C5E02A42-FAEC-4068-A29E-F2123FAE5261.jpeg B937853A-6EE3-4288-BA60-B9C627DAFCA8.jpeg F104FD72-FF8E-429E-970F-251DBA0E6E50.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is the smaller size. There were two pink opals in stock at the time of my purchase. I chose the darker pink one even though it has two small spots (last 2 pics). The other one didn’t have dark spots but was much paler and had a oval pale area. Too bad I don’t have pictures of the paler one. The SA didn’t give me a brochure even though I purchased in store.
C5E02A42-FAEC-4068-A29E-F2123FAE5261.jpeg B937853A-6EE3-4288-BA60-B9C627DAFCA8.jpeg F104FD72-FF8E-429E-970F-251DBA0E6E50.jpeg

I would've bought this one too, the shade of pink is perfect and beautiful!
I would call customer service and ask for a book, if you want one. This is the title of the book i got:
16066111946421518639976771997525.jpg

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

So soft & beautiful!

Reactions: nkc

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Good Choice. I would choose the darker pink too. I can barely see one spot only after you pointed it out. Thank you for posting pictures. It is beautiful.

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
A picture from T&Co. catalogue that I found online. The price is before the increase and for the egg only.
tco_schlumberger.jpg

THATS IT!! Thats the chain i love! Its not as think as the schlumberger one, but much thicker than the pendant chain.
I also found some images online of a very different egg that Ive never seen before...i wonder what this is?
m_5ee78d5d09d76048853c1ee3.jpg
Also there was once a tiffanys ad from the 60s for sale one ebay (i wish i had bought it). It was for Easter, and it had all the eggs they made, in a kind of "collect them all!" kind of message. Of course, they were all priced only around a couple hundred dollars each!:lol-2:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
THATS IT!! Thats the chain i love! Its not as think as the schlumberger one, but much thicker than the pendant chain.
I also found some images online of a very different egg that Ive never seen before...i wonder what this is?
m_5ee78d5d09d76048853c1ee3.jpg
Also there was once a tiffanys ad from the 60s for sale one ebay (i wish i had bought it). It was for Easter, and it had all the eggs they made, in a kind of "collect them all!" kind of message. Of course, they were all priced only around a couple hundred dollars each!:lol-2:

I think this stone might be Chalcedony but I'm not sure. I have never seen this stone at Tiffany before but this could be an old discontinued collection.

nkc

Shiny_Rock

I'm glad you told me. It makes sense since it is $650. I initially thought this was the Schlumberger chain. The chain in the picture would be the perfect chain for the egg. Thank you!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great thread!!!!!!! I love (old) catalogue pictures......

cheers--Sharon

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you told me. It makes sense since it is $650. I initially thought this was the Schlumberger chain. The chain in the picture would be the perfect chain for the egg. Thank you!

Trust me, i had it for years and i kick myself for selling it when i got the schlumberger chain. I liked it so much, but i thought the schlumberger would be best. Bigger is not always better, for me at least. ;-)

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Trust me, i had it for years and i kick myself for selling it when i got the schlumberger chain. I liked it so much, but i thought the schlumberger would be best. Bigger is not always better, for me at least. ;-)

Do they still carry this chain? Is it what they call the medium thickness?
I initially thought the Schlumberger chain is made to go with the egg since they're both Schlumberger.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I initially thought the Schlumberger chain is made to go with the egg since they're both Schlumberger.

Yes, it is made for the egg, but i think they meant it for the large size egg, which was all they had back in the day.
Let me see if i can find this chain on the tiffany website.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

I can only find the listing in white gold:
Yes it is called medium weight. They better still make it in yellow!!!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I can only find the listing in white gold:
Yes it is called medium weight. They better still make it in yellow!!!

Is it not this one? Probably not since their prices does not go sown and this one is slightly cheaper?

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/necklaces-pendants/18k-gold-chain-GRP07879/18k-gold-chain-33483996/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results