Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! My appointment is on Monday.

If they don't have your necklace, would you like me to ask why it is marked as unavailable on the website? Any other questions you'd like me to ask?
Oops sorry, yes Monday lol, I guess I'm in a rush for you to go!! That's so sweet of you. I'd really be curious, if one is available for you to see, how the shape is. If its a "good egg" ;-) Maybe yes, you could ask why they are unavailable so often? Only if you have time, of course, I'm sure you have a short time slot and people will be waiting. Please spend your time ogling your beautiful future brooch! And thanks again for thinking of me! :)

I just thought of something...wouldnt it be something if you wound up leaving your appointment with an egg!!:lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Brilliant_Rock
Oops sorry, yes Monday lol, I guess I'm in a rush for you to go!! That's so sweet of you. I'd really be curious, if one is available for you to see, how the shape is. If its a "good egg" ;-) Maybe yes, you could ask why they are unavailable so often? Only if you have time, of course, I'm sure you have a short time slot and people will be waiting. Please spend your time ogling your beautiful future brooch! And thanks again for thinking of me! :)

I just thought of something...wouldnt it be something if you wound up leaving your appointment with an egg!!:lol-2:
If they have your egg, I will definitely check the shape, take photos of it and ask regarding its availability.

I think your egg is gorgeous, but I'm a cool metal girl. If it came in white gold, it most certainly would "follow me home"!!

meesmom

Shiny_Rock
If they have your egg, I will definitely check the shape, take photos of it and ask regarding its availability.

I think your egg is gorgeous, but I'm a cool metal girl. If it came in white gold, it most certainly would "follow me home"!!
Ahem...

tiffany_jean_schlumberger_egg_charm.jpg__1536x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg

Reactions: AV_

RunningwithScissors

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely, but I meant I need the part that holds the egg to be white gold or platinum.

I love the interior parts of the pendants, the eggs -- the cobalt and turquoise ones and this one (you posted above) too. I even like the pink one (rose quarts?) too. And I love the design, that bow is so cute!

meesmom

Shiny_Rock
That's lovely, but I meant I need the part that holds the egg to be white gold or platinum.

I love the interior parts of the pendants, the eggs -- the cobalt and turquoise ones and this one (you posted above) too. I even like the pink one (rose quarts?) too. And I love the design, that bow is so cute!
I figured, but I couldn't resist, haha! Yeah, if they had them in white metal, I'd buy it that way too. :)

RunningwithScissors

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Meesmom!

Okay I visited Tiffany's yesterday and inquired about your turquoise egg. My sales associate was able to see more info on his computer than customers can on through the Tiffany's website. They have discontinued the larger egg charm but not the smaller egg pendant necklace. They have "plenty" (his words) in their NY distribution center. (I didn't ask how many "plenty" actually is.) He said to his knowledge Tiffany's doesn't have any intention of discontinuing them at this time. He said that any open Tiffany's branch should be able to do a request to receive one for a customer to look at and try on.

My Tiffany's only had the diamond version of the egg pendant (the one you posted above.) I tried it on and it is lovely. However, I do think it would be prettier in the turquoise and cobalt options. I just really like that pop of blue color.

I asked about the egg part being truly egg shaped in the cobalt and turquoise versions. He didn't seem to understand my question and just said that the surface should be smooth and even and if it isn't then they would of course replace it. I didn't press it.

I forgot to take a photo of the diamond version one on. Sorry!

I hope this info helps.

meesmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Meesmom!

Okay I visited Tiffany's yesterday and inquired about your turquoise egg. My sales associate was able to see more info on his computer than customers can on through the Tiffany's website. They have discontinued the larger egg charm but not the smaller egg pendant necklace. They have "plenty" (his words) in their NY distribution center. (I didn't ask how many "plenty" actually is.) He said to his knowledge Tiffany's doesn't have any intention of discontinuing them at this time. He said that any open Tiffany's branch should be able to do a request to receive one for a customer to look at and try on.

My Tiffany's only had the diamond version of the egg pendant (the one you posted above.) I tried it on and it is lovely. However, I do think it would be prettier in the turquoise and cobalt options. I just really like that pop of blue color.

I asked about the egg part being truly egg shaped in the cobalt and turquoise versions. He didn't seem to understand my question and just said that the surface should be smooth and even and if it isn't then they would of course replace it. I didn't press it.

I forgot to take a photo of the diamond version one on. Sorry!

I hope this info helps.
Oh wow, thank you for asking for me! And im not suprised they didnt understand the egg shape issue, they thought i was nuts for asking, and said very similar statements each time i questioned the shape. Im glad you got to try on an egg! Even the small is quite sizable, right?
I have found Tiffany customer service, getting, well, more vague in their answering of questions. I want to have the posts on my earring changed, and it was so hard to find a customer service rep that was willing to give me a price for that service. They just want me to ship my earrings, and then they will tell me, ugh. So frustrating..
Ok, so now that my Riviere is coming, its decision time to see if im going to sell my channel set band and get an egg!!! :shhh:
Ok so enough about me. Can we see and hear about that gorgeous brooch!!! :kiss2: Dragonflies are my favorite btw. They are very friendly for bugs!:D

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.