shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know. I wanted to know what you all think and if this is expected or acceptable. What bothers me is that I asked them to look it over and ensure no spots before sending to me and they told me that the color was even. I'm thinking about getting a third one and picking the one that looks best. I have no way of knowing if the third one will be the right color, shape, etc. May be a perfect egg like the one in the add I posted earlier does not exist.

I will be honest since you are looking for input: it would not bother me at all. I like a bit of variation so it looks natural. The overall color and shape would matter much more to me.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad someone understand how I feel. What you said is very helpful. Maybe I should focus on the shape since the little variations are only visible in daylight and only if you look for them. I might still get a third one and try to pick the best. If I do, I will post a picture and ask you for help.:D I hope you don't mind.
Actually it is $2100 plus tax... and I will need to buy an additional chain when I'm ready to wear it. I don't know if I will ever wear it since I don't wear yellow gold but something about the egg makes me feel I want to buy one before they're all gone.
I wonder if VCA turquoise has variations in color too. VCA turquoise pieces look perfect in the pictures but so is Tiffany's egg.

Whoa $2100 is a lot. You really need to be happy with it. If i were you, id get a third and choose from those, if you can. Dont give up, you will find one! Sometimes its just picking the best of the best, it may not b perfect, but at least you know you did the best you could. And i will totally help, of course! :)

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Whoa $2100 is a lot. You really need to be happy with it. If i were you, id get a third and choose from those, if you can. Dont give up, you will find one! Sometimes its just picking the best of the best, it may not b perfect, but at least you know you did the best you could. And i will totally help, of course! :)

Thank you for your all your help! I think I would rather have one than not have any and not be able to buy one if they're all gone. Now that several of you helped me realize that the light spots are not too bad if the color and shape are good, I know I'm OK with keeping one of two I have if the third one does not meet my expectations.:D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your all your help! I think I would rather have one than not have any and not be able to buy one if they're all gone. Now that several of you helped me realize that the light spots are not too bad if the color and shape are good, I know I'm OK with keeping one of two I have if the third one does not meet my expectations.:D

Exactly, i would feel the same way!!! Besides when, or if, they go back into production, the price will only go up. And who knows what quality turquoise they might have then. Best of the best is the way to go!!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Help is needed and will be appreciated :wall:
Cloudy today. I will try to take better pictures tomorrow or the day after.
It is interesting that the stamps are different on the third one. If they weren't all purchased by me directly from Tiffany & Co., I would be suspicious :confused:.

20201216_152605.jpg

20201216_152529.jpg

20201216_152554.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I still like the one on the left (in the 1st pic). The 3rd ones shape looks a tad wonky? Not sure.....
How is the stamp different?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I still like the one on the left (in the 1st pic). The 3rd ones shape looks a tad wonky? Not sure.....
How is the stamp different?

One says Tiffany & Co. instead of T&Co. :confused:
Hopefully, I can take better pictures in sun light tomorrow.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
One says Tiffany & Co. instead of T&Co. :confused:
Hopefully, I can take better pictures in sun light tomorrow.

Really? I thought only the large size said "Tiffany" spelled out, instead of "t & co." Maybe they changed that bc they no longer make the large one? Yes please post more pics. Do you see anything that would eliminate one as a candidate yet in your eyes?

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Help is needed and will be appreciated :wall:
Cloudy today. I will try to take better pictures tomorrow or the day after.
It is interesting that the stamps are different on the third one. If they weren't all purchased by me directly from Tiffany & Co., I would be suspicious :confused:.

20201216_152605.jpg

20201216_152529.jpg

20201216_152554.jpg

First egg (1st picture) is still the best! Wow, I'm impressed that your Tiffany store has so many eggs. Mine only had 1!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
In sun light....

20201217_142058.jpg

20201217_142108.jpg

nkc

Shiny_Rock
First egg (1st picture) is still the best! Wow, I'm impressed that your Tiffany store has so many eggs. Mine only had 1!

No, they didn't have any. They ordered the first two from the warehouse and the third one came from a store since they don't have any left in warehouse.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Really? I thought only the large size said "Tiffany" spelled out, instead of "t & co." Maybe they changed that bc they no longer make the large one? Yes please post more pics. Do you see anything that would eliminate one as a candidate yet in your eyes?

It just got more complicated when I received the third one!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Still loving the darker blue (top egg of your pictures). Is that the one with the Tiffany & Co spelled out?

No, one of the lighter ones. I'm not sure if it is an older stock since the engraving is not as clear as the other ones but this could also be due to the need for using smaller font.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so lovely!!! Still love the blue of the top one, as long as the shape looks good.
Also, i dont know if its just the photo, but the top one looks a bit bigger than the other 2.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
My lazy attempt to show the difference of the tags markings "Tiffany & Co." vs "T & Co."
Is it possible than one egg is from an older patch?
20201218_105952.jpg

20201218_110121.jpg

20201218_110139.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, i think the full spelling one might be newer. Bc i heard, (now this is like 8 yrs ago when i got mine) that only the big ones were spelled out. Logically, in my mind, if they stopped making big ones they mightve changed that rule.
That being said, in the last image, the full spelling one looks bottom heavy. The t & co. one looks more proportional. Any one youre leaning towards?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Yes, i think the full spelling one might be newer. Bc i heard, (now this is like 8 yrs ago when i got mine) that only the big ones were spelled out. Logically, in my mind, if they stopped making big ones they mightve changed that rule.
That being said, in the last image, the full spelling one looks bottom heavy. The t & co. one looks more proportional. Any one youre leaning towards?

I'm unable to make a decision. PS friends and family members voted for the dark one so this is what I'm leaning toward.
At some point, I thought about keeping two but that would be a waste.
I wish if the dark one did not have the light spots but I don't think they're too bad.
The turquoise of the last one I got from a store that has "Tiffany & Co." marking is so perfect even with a loop. The color reminds me of the color of the sky. However, the little bow metal pieces at the top are flatter than the other two eggs (flat is not my preference).
I think the differences are not so obvious in real life as they're in pictures. It is interesting that I only saw the light spot and difference in shape after taking and looking at pictures. Maybe this means that no choice is a bad one.
Thank you all for being so helpful... I hope I didn't ask too many questions =)2
I still have a few days to decide but I will probably end up keeping the dark one.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm unable to make a decision. PS friends and family members voted for the dark one so this is what I'm leaning toward.
I wish if the dark one did not have the light spots but I don't think they're too bad.
The turquoise of the last one I got from a store that has "Tiffany & Co." marking is so perfect even with a loop. The color reminds me of the color of the sky. However, the little bow metal pieces at the top are flatter than the other two eggs (flat is not my preference).
I think the differences are not so obvious in real life as they're in pictures. It is interesting that I only saw the light spot and difference in shape after taking and looking at pictures. Maybe this means that no choice is a bad one.
Thank you all for being so helpful... I hope I didn't ask too many questions =)2
I still have a few days to decide but I will probably end up keeping the dark one.

I wouldn't keep 2 if i were you....i have enough problems picking which jewelry to wear, that would be impossible, having 2 eggs of the same stone. Right now i cant even justify getting another of a different color. I used to think i could wear them together, but then they would click together and drive me crazy!! If the color of one looks better to your eyes, that should count for something. I am all about shape. I didnt want the gold ribbon to have any sharp looking bends in it if the egg wasnt rounded perfectly, but thats me. Good luck, i know you will make the right coice for you!! :)

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock

You should pick the color that looks best to your eyes and on your skin tone. I think there are pros and cons to the colors. One looks more blue and another closer to the Tiffany blue color. You can't go wrong!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to thank you all for your patience and all the help you have given me. I ended up keeping the dark egg :D. This discussion helped me see more than I would be able to see on my own (shape, etc.).
I know this might not be considered a significant purchase but it is important to me to get the 'perfect' egg since I will not have this opportunity again (discontinued) once they're out of stock.
While trying to decide, I went to a jewelry store near me to compare the eggs to other turquoise jewelry (David Yurman, etc.) in case I decide to add more turquoise pieces in the future that I would like to match. The SA did not know I was trying to decide which egg to keep but he immediately said the dark color is so beautiful and rare. He said that it is difficult to find a color as saturated as the dark one. So, I guess he agrees with you all=)2.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to thank you all for your patience and all the help you have given me. I ended up keeping the dark egg :D. This discussion helped me see more than I would be able to see on my own (shape, etc.).
I know this might not be considered a significant purchase but it is important to me to get the 'perfect' egg since I will not have this opportunity again (discontinued) once they're out of stock.
While trying to decide, I went to a jewelry store near me to compare the eggs to other turquoise jewelry (David Yurman, etc.) in case I decide to add more turquoise pieces in the future that I would like to match. The SA did not know I was trying to decide which egg to keep but he immediately said the dark color is so beautiful and rare. He said that it is difficult to find a color as saturated as the dark one. So, I guess he agrees with you all=)2.

Its a beautiful, iconic jewelry piece you'll enjoy for years to come. Congrats!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

Im glad you were able to get a professional, in person opinion! I really think you made a nice choice, i love the color, and the shape is very much like mine. Im glad you got one now. Im pretty sure they will bring them back someday, but i doubt the quality will be the same. Please post pics!! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@meesmom @nkc Eggthusiasts!

Can you please advise? Quite by surprise, I've found a lapis egg, no chain, at a local shop. What should I "expect" to pay as an estate piece? Last document/appraisal 2019.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Can you please advise? Quite by surprise, I've found a lapis egg, no chain, at a local shop. What should I "expect" to pay as an estate piece? Last document/appraisal 2019.

cheers--Sharon

How excitting !
I saw a lapis bangle on here recently and its such a beautiful intense colour

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

cheers--Sharon

Hello!
For some reason, estate pieces seem to fetch more than retail?? I will tell you that i paid $1050 retail for my lapis egg, in 2013. The year after that they went up to $1250 ( if my memory serves) and i believe they stayed that price until they were discontinued. Now, if its an antique one from the 60s or 70s, or its the large size, i have no idea what pricing should be. I remember the large size lapis egg, at the time i purchased, was over $2000. Do you have any pictures of the estate piece?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
For some reason, estate pieces seem to fetch more than retail?? I will tell you that i paid $1050 retail for my lapis egg, in 2013. The year after that they went up to $1250 ( if my memory serves) and i believe they stayed that price until they were discontinued. Now, if its an antique one from the 60s or 70s, or its the large size, i have no idea what pricing should be. I remember the large size lapis egg, at the time i purchased, was over $2000. Do you have any pictures of the estate piece?

Thank you for your quick reply!

No I did not take any pictures. (Doh, I need a clue. ) 14.5mm x 10.5mm. 4.1 gms. I have no idea about purchase date.

cheers--Sharon

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your quick reply!

No I did not take any pictures. (Doh, I need a clue. ) 14.5mm x 10.5mm. 4.1 gms. I have no idea about purchase date.

cheers--Sharon

Np!! Its funny how it works out sometimes...i just happened to be checking my email right after you posted! :)
Is the measurement with or without the bail? Heres a picture of mine against a mm ruler. 20210102_175120.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Np!! Its funny how it works out sometimes...i just happened to be checking my email right after you posted! :)
Is the measurement with or without the bail? Heres a picture of mine against a mm ruler. 20210102_175120.jpg

I failed the test! LOL I didn't ask if the bail was included. I am "assuming" it was....suffice it to say OTL is my name of the day!

Thank you for your help!:wavey:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I failed the test! LOL I didn't ask if the bail was included. I am "assuming" it was....suffice it to say OTL is my name of the day!

Thank you for your help!:wavey:

It probably was included....may i ask, were they asking a lot more than i stated for it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results