shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing two August Vintage Rounds (AVRS) 1.9 to 2.2 cts.!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Comparing two August Vintage Rounds (AVRS) 1.9 to 2.2 ct

ecf8503|1350236842|3285062 said:
Hey DS -

Just to echo what everyone else has said... go with your heart! I hope the other I becomes available again, as it seems you really liked it.

Um... got any more pics???? :naughty:

Haha! No, I have been busy posting wedding pictures on FB! Now I have to get back to my diamonds before they leave!!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1350236389|3285058 said:
ClassyRocks|1350232972|3285039 said:
I have thought a great deal about the size issue that you are experiencing. I have not hung around long on this forum, so I do not know the nuances of your lifestyle, profession/husband's profession, friends, etc. I know that can influence perception of "size", but I cannot be sure if that applies in your case. BTW, I am not trying to hint for clues to those questions.

I really cannot add anything that the other PSers haven't already stated, but I can add one of my personal experiences. A couple of years ago, my husband purchased an incredible diamond and precious gem necklace for me. I spotted it and told DH about it. It is something that could be in the Crown Jewels collection . . . IMO. DH bought as a gift for me, and clearly it brought him as much joy to give it as I was to receive it.

I don't believe in having things unworn in the safe, so one morning I carefully chose my outfit to wear it. I put on a button down shirt, jacket, and left my hair down so it would frame my neck (and hide the necklace if I felt uncomfortable with it showing). Then I went to Bible Study. There is a sweet older lady (70's) who glows with love for the Lord; she also enjoys jewelry even though most of hers is costume. I wanted to talk to about where and when I should wear my necklace, so after everything was picked up I showed the "bauble" around my neck. She was ecstatic and told me that I should enjoy DH gave me and not be ashamed to wear it. This lady knows me, and knows where my heart is. I don't idolize jewelry; it is a material thing that has no eternal value. Rather, I am amazed at the God given talent that some have to create beautiful jewelry, art, or what ever it may be. Still, I don't wear the necklace if I think I will be around someone where it could be a stumbling block.

All that to say, I don't see a much difference between the 1.9 and your current diamond other than the cut. I agree with you about the color; I definitely prefer the I for you whether it be the 2.2 or the other I that may become available again. This is just me. . . . but if I was going to upgrade, I would want to do it once and be done. A wonderful vintage setting by Victor would make the diamond look like it has always been yours, unlike the ring holder which as I said before makes the diamond look larger and out of place to you. Please know that I wrote this reply not to impose my values or comfort level on you. I have debated about deleting it, but . . .

BTW, if someone thinks it is fake, I say all the better! That doesn't bother me a bit.

So very well said, Classy! I do consider fine jewelry pieces as a kind of art, and certainly gems and rare metals were created for our enjoyment while we are here!

We live in a relatively affluent area and I would say we are upper middle class. Most of my close friends are from my church, but they just aren't into jewelry. Some have beautiful lake homes and spend their money on other things. Then there are some who have less than we do, and that is what makes me more uncomfortable. But I am really not letting that be my primary worry. I think after wearing my original 1 ct. diamond for years, it took time for me to adjust to 1.6 cts. Now that I want to go up a bit in size, I have to adjust to a new size. I really don't want to trade again since I want to have a really nice setting made, so I just need to make the right decision.

Thank you sincerely for sharing your thoughts because you know we have that common thread. {{{{hugs}}}}

Awww! You are precious! Hugs To You Too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, I hope you were able to enjoy the wedding in spite of all this diamond talk! I suspect you were able to put it aside for a bit and enjoy the moment.

What a quandry! Too bad that the 2.12 is so much more in terms of dollars - it just sounds like the perfect stone for you. Out of the others, I think I'd go with the 2.2 I that you currently have. The 1.81 left doubts and the J color stone is beautiful in terms of its cut but I don't think the color will set well with you. I realize that the 2.2 is larger than you'd like but I do think once the stone was set it wouldn't be as large as it looks in the temporary setting.

The last option of course is just to wait and see what else becomes available. I realize it might be awhile but surely with the holiday season upcoming there will be more stones coming in.

Lastly, I could not agree more with the others. Buy for yourself. It's too hard to pre plan heirlooms and far too difficult to know what or how the kids will feel in another 20-30 years. No way of knowing what else you might acquire in your lifetime either. I like the idea of creating heirloom quality pieces - just not so much buying with a plan in mind for each of the girls. It's a lovely gesture but one I fear that might get lost in the shuffle as the years go by! They may also be fortunate enough in their lifetimes to have bigger and better than you. I think you have to have a really deep appreciation of fine jewelry to be able to fully grasp the meaning to the owner. I have friends that have inherited jewelry from their mothers. They have brought the pieces around for me to see as they know I love jewelry. There have been some beautiful pieces - both diamond and gemstone. They are happy to have them of course but I never see them wearing any of it. If I ask, they say things like 'Well, I don't like wearing that kind of stuff all the time' or 'I put in the safe deposit box - I'll probably never really wear it.' I ask if they would consider resetting something and they don't want to change it from what it was. They wear their own wedding rings and maybe a right hand ring and that's about it. When you see this stuff bought on ebay, I often think that's how it finally got there - after a couple of generations someone decided to sell it and use the money to buy something else. I just feel that as my days draw to a close, I'd like to tell my daughter and daughter-in-law what I would want them to have of mine and let it go at that. We just can't control it much beyond that. My husband has an aunt that is in her 90's and she has a rather large diamond. She only has one daughter so you'd think it would not be an issue. However, over many years she has decided that she doesn't care for her daughter's husband and doesn't want to leave it to her daughter for fear that when the daughter is gone someone in his family may end up with it! It's crazy and maybe age related dementia of some sort but it makes you think. You've just too many years ahead of you to plan for what happens when you're gone!

Sorry - this probably begins to sound like a sermon though it wasn't my intent! Best of luck to you in your decision - whether you decide to buy now or wait until later. I'm sure the wheels are just turning in your head right about now and I don't envy your angst over the decision. Just know that we're all thinking about you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1350253340|3285168 said:
DS, I hope you were able to enjoy the wedding in spite of all this diamond talk! I suspect you were able to put it aside for a bit and enjoy the moment.

What a quandry! Too bad that the 2.12 is so much more in terms of dollars - it just sounds like the perfect stone for you. Out of the others, I think I'd go with the 2.2 I that you currently have. The 1.81 left doubts and the J color stone is beautiful in terms of its cut but I don't think the color will set well with you. I realize that the 2.2 is larger than you'd like but I do think once the stone was set it wouldn't be as large as it looks in the temporary setting.

The last option of course is just to wait and see what else becomes available. I realize it might be awhile but surely with the holiday season upcoming there will be more stones coming in.

Lastly, I could not agree more with the others. Buy for yourself. It's too hard to pre plan heirlooms and far too difficult to know what or how the kids will feel in another 20-30 years. No way of knowing what else you might acquire in your lifetime either. I like the idea of creating heirloom quality pieces - just not so much buying with a plan in mind for each of the girls. It's a lovely gesture but one I fear that might get lost in the shuffle as the years go by! They may also be fortunate enough in their lifetimes to have bigger and better than you. I think you have to have a really deep appreciation of fine jewelry to be able to fully grasp the meaning to the owner. I have friends that have inherited jewelry from their mothers. They have brought the pieces around for me to see as they know I love jewelry. There have been some beautiful pieces - both diamond and gemstone. They are happy to have them of course but I never see them wearing any of it. If I ask, they say things like 'Well, I don't like wearing that kind of stuff all the time' or 'I put in the safe deposit box - I'll probably never really wear it.' I ask if they would consider resetting something and they don't want to change it from what it was. They wear their own wedding rings and maybe a right hand ring and that's about it. When you see this stuff bought on ebay, I often think that's how it finally got there - after a couple of generations someone decided to sell it and use the money to buy something else. I just feel that as my days draw to a close, I'd like to tell my daughter and daughter-in-law what I would want them to have of mine and let it go at that. We just can't control it much beyond that. My husband has an aunt that is in her 90's and she has a rather large diamond. She only has one daughter so you'd think it would not be an issue. However, over many years she has decided that she doesn't care for her daughter's husband and doesn't want to leave it to her daughter for fear that when the daughter is gone someone in his family may end up with it! It's crazy and maybe age related dementia of some sort but it makes you think. You've just too many years ahead of you to plan for what happens when you're gone!

Sorry - this probably begins to sound like a sermon though it wasn't my intent! Best of luck to you in your decision - whether you decide to buy now or wait until later. I'm sure the wheels are just turning in your head right about now and I don't envy your angst over the decision. Just know that we're all thinking about you!

MGR...I really appreciate all your time trying to help me think this through! I did take the diamonds over to see my older daughter (who was in the wedding last night) and she thinks I am crazy! :lol: I hate to tell y'all what she said, but she said the diamonds were just too big for here but maybe not for my diamond cult !!! :lol:

But I hear you and others. I can't see the future and know whether my kids would love the jewelry pieces as much as I do or not.

Here's my current thinking. If there was a 2.0 ct., 8mm (max) stone, I think I would love to stretch to that size. But this 8.2mm is probably a little too much of a jump for me. Now I will say, this stone is excellent, high I color, perfect cut, etc. It is really eyeclean in spite of being an SI1. Plus it is in budget unlike the 2.12 I VS1. I have not ruled it out yet, because I have decided that when I send the 2 stones back, I want to see the 1.81 I VVS in between these two on a white background so I can see how the color looks in comparison to the I and the J. I felt that the 1.81 was tinted, but I actually did not take any pictures on a white background, so the side pictures that I do have are tinted by the environment to a certain extent. I love the cut of that stone but I need to be sure about the color. The 1.81 was actually larger in diameter than the 1.91 J! And at 7.8mm, it is probably a good size for me. So both stones have a downside, but if I can live with the color of the 1.81 I, then that may be the direction I take.

I still have the option of having Jon look for an antique stone for me or having an AVR cut, but having a stone cut is likely to be more expensive and there is no guarantee that it would come out to have the specs I like best.

I just need to look through my setting folder again and Classy's threads and really think how each stone would look in my favorite settings. I was going to have to pack up the diamonds tonight to send with my husband in the morning, but I forgot that he has a business trip so I will have to take it to a FedEx location later in the day tomorrow. Therefore, I will have part of tomorrow to look at the stones!

Thanks again!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

See, these young women like diamonds but they're not thoroughly obsessed like we are! I understand where they are coming from though as I only wanted a half carat stone when we got engaged. He went ahead and got a .75 which was huge among my friends. I could never have imagined at that point in my life I would want a substantially larger stone! Frankly, I wish I had caught the teddy bear craze or the teacup collecting passion! This one has been very expensive and so maddening at times.

Glad you will have some peace and quiet with the stones tomorrow before sending them back. It takes a bit to get their imprint indelibly etched in your mind!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, and the wedding was absolutely perfect!!!! We did totally enjoy it and I was able to leave all this behind for several hours!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1350256452|3285189 said:
See, these young women like diamonds but they're not thoroughly obsessed like we are! I understand where they are coming from though as I only wanted a half carat stone when we got engaged. He went ahead and got a .75 which was huge among my friends. I could never have imagined at that point in my life I would want a substantially larger stone! Frankly, I wish I had caught the teddy bear craze or the teacup collecting passion! This one has been very expensive and so maddening at times.

Glad you will have some peace and quiet with the stones tomorrow before sending them back. It takes a bit to get their imprint indelibly etched in your mind!

Haha! Yes, I imagine we could have found a less expensive hobby! But oh well! Tea cups and teddy bears would probably definitely end up on ebay one day, so I like to think the jewelry might be more enduring!

{{{hugs}}} to you, too!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1350256531|3285190 said:
Oh, and the wedding was absolutely perfect!!!! We did totally enjoy it and I was able to leave all this behind for several hours!

I knew you would! It's so much fun to watch these young people that grew up alongside our own kids get married too. Hard not to be in the moment with them and I knew you'd put the diamond debacle on the backburner for a bit.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well, doesn't your daughter know that you are one of the leaders of the diamond cult? :lol:

DS you really cannot seek the opinions of people who do not fetishize diamonds. Frankly, its an excercise in futility and slightly... embarassing? I dunno, they never get it. My mom really likes diamonds now that she has one (a 0.80ct OEC I found for her), but she absolutely CANNOT fathom the size of mine and how much I love wearing it. And my MIL also thinks I am "loopy" because of how many different rings I have had. My friends don't notice or care, and if I asked them about diamonds would look at my like I whipped out two Beanie Babies to compare. The only person who even HALF gets my enjoyment of diamonds is my husband, and even he is like yours: He wants me happy, and is really happy when I am happy.

One of the best things that happened recently was meeting Demelza, because she is as obsessed as me and when we meet in person its all diamonds all the time and we both lap it up. Well, I guess we talk about other things too, sometimes, in between the diamonds ;))

Anyways, don't worry about those "non cult members". They have not been enlightened anyways! We all know the truth.

Somethng else I wanted to pass along was this: When I met Demelza I tried on her 2.5ct RB and 2.4ct OEC and thought they were too big. I thought I would feel self-conscious. But now that I have been wearing my own 8mm stone, which set is 8.7mm in coverage, I know 100% I could wear a much larger diamond. Once you get over a certain size, they are all just "huge and garrish" :lol: Around my part of the world, huge begins around 1.5ct I think. So, if you know you want bigger than 1.5ct, and so are clear into "so big its fake, you must be crazy!" land, then from there on out just worry about what YOU love and enjoy looking at. Like Backwardsandinheels said, these chunky old cuts just look so freaking amazing the bigger they get. I think the same is true for MRBs as well, but I find the change in optcs more noticable in chunkier cuts. In my fantasy land I would really covet a old cut (or style cut) as big as I could possibly get, because the artistry and beauty just pleases me so much.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1350267393|3285303 said:
Well, doesn't your daughter know that you are one of the leaders of the diamond cult? :lol:

DS you really cannot seek the opinions of people who do not fetishize diamonds. Frankly, its an excercise in futility and slightly... embarassing? I dunno, they never get it. My mom really likes diamonds now that she has one (a 0.80ct OEC I found for her), but she absolutely CANNOT fathom the size of mine and how much I love wearing it. And my MIL also thinks I am "loopy" because of how many different rings I have had. My friends don't notice or care, and if I asked them about diamonds would look at my like I whipped out two Beanie Babies to compare. The only person who even HALF gets my enjoyment of diamonds is my husband, and even he is like yours: He wants me happy, and is really happy when I am happy.

One of the best things that happened recently was meeting Demelza, because she is as obsessed as me and when we meet in person its all diamonds all the time and we both lap it up. Well, I guess we talk about other things too, sometimes, in between the diamonds ;))

Anyways, don't worry about those "non cult members". They have not been enlightened anyways! We all know the truth.

Somethng else I wanted to pass along was this: When I met Demelza I tried on her 2.5ct RB and 2.4ct OEC and thought they were too big. I thought I would feel self-conscious. But now that I have been wearing my own 8mm stone, which set is 8.7mm in coverage, I know 100% I could wear a much larger diamond. Once you get over a certain size, they are all just "huge and garrish" :lol: Around my part of the world, huge begins around 1.5ct I think. So, if you know you want bigger than 1.5ct, and so are clear into "so big its fake, you must be crazy!" land, then from there on out just worry about what YOU love and enjoy looking at. Like Backwardsandinheels said, these chunky old cuts just look so freaking amazing the bigger they get. I think the same is true for MRBs as well, but I find the change in optcs more noticable in chunkier cuts. In my fantasy land I would really covet a old cut (or style cut) as big as I could possibly get, because the artistry and beauty just pleases me so much.

:lol: No, that is top secret information and not for outsiders!

Yes, 1.5 and up are pretty unusual here, too. I have to agree about size and seeing the gorgeous chunky facets! The 2.2 is just gorgeous to look at! I am trying to make myself think that it might appear smaller if I had 6 chunky antique prongs covering part of it! :lol: The thing that is killing me is that there isn't a huge difference in price between a 1.8 I VVS and a 2.2 I SI1! So it is painful to think of passing up the large stone in that respect. I am dealing with the inclusions okay. I think it is more mental because I just prefer VS. And here my top two choices are VVS and SI! :twirl: I did love the facets on the 1.8, too, but my worry with that stone was low I color. It wasn't bad, but I felt like it might be graded J by GIA and it is painful to pay for a low I!

Do you see anything wrong with a 52 table in an old (style) cut? Transitionals sometimes had tables that size, didn't they?

Okay, going back to look at Dem's thread with her rings and yours!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

i'm drooling

p.s. i'm a bit partial to 2ct I stones ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mico|1350269418|3285317 said:
i'm drooling

Your ring looks beautiful but I am not seeing a Show Me the Bling thread! :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

My table is around 50% and I think Demelza's is around that too. Both of our stones are quite similar to most of the older-style AVRs, more like early ideal cuts, or european cuts, not OECs or trannies at all in my humble opinion.

I would also have a hard time paying almost the same for a smaller and more tinted stone :lol:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Just remember you're a mind clean person and pretty color sensitive...don't spend a lot of money on something that isn't perfect for you...wait for a gorgeous H/I VS AVR to come available.

chicam

Shiny_Rock

See the 1.81 again before making a final decision. Don't buy an SI stone, you will always be dissatisfied with both that and the fact that it's the "wrong size". We are crazy about diamonds and know EXACTLY what we want when we see it. If we get what we don't want, we get back to looking sooner than later. That's where the craziness lies. Others would get what they exactly don't want, but become very happy with it. Not so PSers. Lol.

chicam

Shiny_Rock

Better yet, as Purplesilk said, an even more perfect one is around the corner. Wait for it. Is the 2.2 more gorgeous to look at in your opinion than the 1.91? I really love the look of the 1.91. I'm not advocating you get it. I understand why it's out of contention, but it seems brighter and more interesting with a busier look that I like.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1350275896|3285370 said:
My table is around 50% and I think Demelza's is around that too. Both of our stones are quite similar to most of the older-style AVRs, more like early ideal cuts, or european cuts, not OECs or trannies at all in my humble opinion.

I would also have a hard time paying almost the same for a smaller and more tinted stone :lol:

I honestly believe I favor the older style AVR's and yours and Demelza's diamonds. It has been very valuable for me to be able to see three AVR's with different characteristics to be able to determine preferences. I am sure the new style in a larger stone would be equally beautiful, but right now I am leaning toward the two older style cut stones. But I am feeling like my max is 8mm. And that is still improvement coming from someone who had to adjust to 1.6! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

purplesilk|1350281242|3285389 said:
Just remember you're a mind clean person and pretty color sensitive...don't spend a lot of money on something that isn't perfect for you...wait for a gorgeous H/I VS AVR to come available.

chicam|1350291763|3285411 said:
See the 1.81 again before making a final decision. Don't buy an SI stone, you will always be dissatisfied with both that and the fact that it's the "wrong size". We are crazy about diamonds and know EXACTLY what we want when we see it. If we get what we don't want, we get back to looking sooner than later. That's where the craziness lies. Others would get what they exactly don't want, but become very happy with it. Not so PSers. Lol.

chicam|1350291906|3285413 said:
Better yet, as Purplesilk said, an even more perfect one is around the corner. Wait for it. Is the 2.2 more gorgeous to look at in your opinion than the 1.91? I really love the look of the 1.91. I'm not advocating you get it. I understand why it's out of contention, but it seems brighter and more interesting with a busier look that I like.

purplesilk...Well, I am sort of afraid that in the size and clarity I want, an H might cost too much, so I am really okay with I color as long as it doesn't look like J! The problem is that Jon rarely gets these stones in and since he just got several in the 1.6-2.2 carat range, it could be a long time before he orders more. And even then, there is no guarantee that there would be a stone with all the characteristics I want. I've been watching those stones since they first came out!

chicam...you are probably right about the clarity. I do have a mental minimum of VS2 and all my diamonds currently are VS1 or VS2. And as I just said in the previous post, I think 8mm would really be my maximum size. The 1.8 is 7.8mm and the 1.9 is 7.7mm, so I would definitely buy the 1.8 over the 1.9 just due to size (as well as color). But both cuts are gorgeous in person! I would take either if I could find a stone that had the right size, color, and clarity. But the 1.91 and the 2.2 are equally bright. So one cut is not better than the other in that respect. I have loved seeing both!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

You know I have issues with clarity, but I have learned that if I 100% cannot see it in any lighting with my eyes, then I don't care :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1350315772|3285593 said:
You know I have issues with clarity, but I have learned that if I 100% cannot see it in any lighting with my eyes, then I don't care :halo:

Yes, I am more open than I was since this stone is so eyeclean.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

When in doubt, don't...I guess it was your motto...I still believe you're a mind clean person...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

purplesilk|1350327093|3285734 said:
When in doubt, don't...I guess it was your motto...I still believe you're a mind clean person...

:lol: Well, I do need to remember my own motto! I do prefer mind clean for a permanent stone.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006 said:
:lol: Well, I do need to remember my own motto! I do prefer mind clean for a permanent stone.

Permanent stone...that's the key concept...don't stoop to compromises...please!!!
:wavey:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1350162946|3284699 said:
diamondseeker2006|1350149442|3284566 said:
I just showed my husband and he said he thought the 2.2 diamond looked too big to be real. :(sad However, he always says to get whatever makes me happy. I do think it is too big for my world. It really is gorgeous, though.

ETA: Ditto Dougsgirl, forget about comparisons with your daughters. They won't care! And I also think you should stop thinking about heirloom stuff. You will likely change your diamond again at some point, don't you think? I mean, really? Just get what you love and let them do with it what they will when you are gone! Maybe they will hock it and take a trip to Aruba in your honour! :lol: Yes, gallows humour, but really, we can't predict the future, so enjoy such frivolous things like diamonds now.

Triple Ditto. I create jewelry for my enjoyment, even though the intent is to pass it down. The only thing I keep in mind is keeping my "Amelia Ring" a bigger size, even though I really needed it to be sized down because my daughter is tracking to be tall and will probably have bigger hands.

But I'm under no illusions that my child will like my jewelry. In fact, I just bought a leather 3 ring binder so I can print out all the pricescope threads on each piece, as well as put all the certs in one place. That way if she wants to pawn it, she will have the knowledge on what she is wanting to sell!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

purplesilk|1350328453|3285752 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:

Permanent stone...that's the key concept...don't stoop to compromises...please!!!
:wavey:

:wavey: I hear ya and hope I can make my compromises VERY minimal! Thanks for the reminder!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TravelingGal|1350330279|3285781 said:
Dreamer_D|1350162946|3284699 said:
diamondseeker2006|1350149442|3284566 said:
I just showed my husband and he said he thought the 2.2 diamond looked too big to be real. :(sad However, he always says to get whatever makes me happy. I do think it is too big for my world. It really is gorgeous, though.

ETA: Ditto Dougsgirl, forget about comparisons with your daughters. They won't care! And I also think you should stop thinking about heirloom stuff. You will likely change your diamond again at some point, don't you think? I mean, really? Just get what you love and let them do with it what they will when you are gone! Maybe they will hock it and take a trip to Aruba in your honour! :lol: Yes, gallows humour, but really, we can't predict the future, so enjoy such frivolous things like diamonds now.

Triple Ditto. I create jewelry for my enjoyment, even though the intent is to pass it down. The only thing I keep in mind is keeping my "Amelia Ring" a bigger size, even though I really needed it to be sized down because my daughter is tracking to be tall and will probably have bigger hands.

But I'm under no illusions that my child will like my jewelry. In fact, I just bought a leather 3 ring binder so I can print out all the pricescope threads on each piece, as well as put all the certs in one place. That way if she wants to pawn it, she will have the knowledge on what she is wanting to sell!

The piece that my older daughter said she wanted the minute she saw it was the Beaudry sapphire ring in my avatar. She loves antique style pieces, but she is into the overall look and not size. I think she will like my things the most, because the younger one seems to like more contemporary styles.

Great idea about the binder!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Oh no so sorry the new stones didn't work out for you.. ;(

I hope the one you liked will somehow become available..... Did you at least decide on which setting you want to use? It's funny because I was reading your setting thread the other day and decided to look into Van C setting, and I really liked this PSer's setting a lot with the different more intricate head in it, if possible. But I'm worried that I may get tired of the setting in a while.....because it is so unique. And also I've never seen their work in person so I don't know how I really feel about it at all.... Do you know what kind of price range for the ring below?

This setting:
vc2.jpg

With this shank:
vc9.jpg

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1350270158|3285321 said:
Mico|1350269418|3285317 said:
i'm drooling

Your ring looks beautiful but I am not seeing a Show Me the Bling thread! :naughty:

!!! It's coming! I uploaded the pictures on my Fi's comp, which used to be here... and then i didn't realize he took it back. I could've spent this past weekend doing a dual photo shoot!!

This weekend... promise ;-)

we'll all just make do with your amazing photo skills, i'm still learning :loopy:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wintotty|1350344850|3286011 said:
Oh no so sorry the new stones didn't work out for you.. ;(

I hope the one you liked will somehow become available..... Did you at least decide on which setting you want to use? It's funny because I was reading your setting thread the other day and decided to look into Van C setting, and I really liked this PSer's setting a lot with the different more intricate head in it, if possible. But I'm worried that I may get tired of the setting in a while.....because it is so unique. And also I've never seen their work in person so I don't know how I really feel about it at all.... Do you know what kind of price range for the ring below?

Well I'm not sure yet, Wintotty! I am keeping all my options open until I compare color on the 1.8 stone (which is larger than the 1.9 since it isn't as deep). It is 95% certain that I will be able to have the 1.8 if I turn down the absolutely gorgeous 2.2! You should see it! Honestly, a 3.5 ct. AVR will have to be the most beautiful diamond in the world. So far, this 2.2 is the most beautiful round diamond I have ever seen!

Yes, that is my favorite setting by VC. I have pictures of that ring with the head you want. It is about $2500 in platinum right now (although it might be more for a stone the size of yours). Their work is perfection!!! That is actually one of the top settings I am considering. It is gorgeous! You are welcome to use it, too, of course! Pictures in next post.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is a picture with the right head on the shank. And you have the option of pointed prongs, too. The setting fee varies depending on the prongs. It is style 484 large.

_1324.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results