shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing two August Vintage Rounds (AVRS) 1.9 to 2.2 cts.!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Comparing two August Vintage Rounds (AVRS) 1.9 to 2.2 ct

Oh, and I take back my support of the idea of the 2.12 I VS1. It is not noticably larger than the 1.8 I VVS, not enough to warrant the price difference anyways IMO.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the information on the trunk show. We are taking a "Real New York Tours" private tour that day, and I'm sure we will go to Greenwich, but I don't know if I'll really have any time to browse. I'm gonna try though!!

And DS... I agree about the cut of the 1.8. One person said the other 2 stones look "crisper", which to me makes them look more "modern" and less like an antique stone. But, again, I have to remember that photos are static and fail to truly represent the life of a diamond. But from the photos, I like the old cut better. And the size looks great too. I hope you end up loving it!!

BTW.... I'm having a "sample" made for a spacer ring! A local jeweler and I have been talking about it and she is making a prototype out of silver to see if I like it. To be continued... :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1350792121|3289430 said:
Oh, and I take back my support of the idea of the 2.12 I VS1. It is not noticably larger than the 1.8 I VVS, not enough to warrant the price difference anyways IMO.

Oh wow, that is a big, big plus because there is a huge price difference! That makes me feel a little better!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dougsgirl|1350797565|3289464 said:
Thank you for the information on the trunk show. We are taking a "Real New York Tours" private tour that day, and I'm sure we will go to Greenwich, but I don't know if I'll really have any time to browse. I'm gonna try though!!

And DS... I agree about the cut of the 1.8. One person said the other 2 stones look "crisper", which to me makes them look more "modern" and less like an antique stone. But, again, I have to remember that photos are static and fail to truly represent the life of a diamond. But from the photos, I like the old cut better. And the size looks great too. I hope you end up loving it!!

BTW.... I'm having a "sample" made for a spacer ring! A local jeweler and I have been talking about it and she is making a prototype out of silver to see if I like it. To be continued... :naughty:

Taking a tour is a really good idea. We used Grayline one day and you can get on and off that at any location you want which really worked well for us.

Yes, it is true that those still photos do not do the new stones justice, but the stones I fell in love with were the earlier cut. So I am probably not going to compromise on that! Really, the only thing I still need to resolve is color, but I am feeling like I wouldn't notice it in an antique setting like I do with the bare stone sitting next to my G diamond!

Great idea about having a model spacer ring made! I'll look forward to seeing it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I happen to like the patterning on the 1.8ct, also!

chicam

Shiny_Rock

DS I change my vote too. Aside from the crispness, the 1.81 facet patterning is more OEC-like and prettier. It's probably photography that's causing it to look little bit out of focus. Get the 1.81. You loved at first sight. Settle with the color, then get it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks mom2boys, chicam, and everyone who commented on the stones. It did help me to see multiple stones to solidify my preference for the cut of the 1.8. This would be so much easier to work out if I could be at the store to see all the stones at once! But I may have to see the 1.8 one more time to be sure about the color.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Been away from the computer for most of the weekend. I will say that from the pictures of the stones you had last weekend I did like this new style of cut - it does seem sharper but I can certainly see the appeal of the old cut style too. I think the major issue is still the color - I'm sure any of those stones would be pretty. Guess we'll wait until Tuesday to see the side views that you are waiting on. Fingers crossed that you like what you see!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Could Jon make one of his famous videos for you with these contenders??
And ditto taking pictures of the Single Stone collection :cheeky:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

backwardsandinheels|1350916638|3290155 said:
Could Jon make one of his famous videos for you with these contenders??
And ditto taking pictures of the Single Stone collection :cheeky:

+1!! :bigsmile: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will say that the new stones are more beautiful in person than in that picture. I didn't ask Jon for a video because he has stones of both types on video and I have seen both in person now. I really love everything about the 1.8 if I can handle the color. I wouldn't in a rb but I think I can in an antique style cut. Just choosing a setting is going to be the major headache!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock

DS, I take a break from PS for 6 months to move country and look what you're up to!! :naughty: :naughty:

I am so excited for you! and a teeny bit jealous of course! :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what you decide on (although I haven't really caught up on my PS reading so maybe you have decided?)

a

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, did you ever get pictures of the color comparison?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

angeline|1351204766|3292458 said:
DS, I take a break from PS for 6 months to move country and look what you're up to!! :naughty: :naughty:

I am so excited for you! and a teeny bit jealous of course! :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what you decide on (although I haven't really caught up on my PS reading so maybe you have decided?)

a

Angeline!!!! {{{{hugs}}}} I wondered where in the world you had been! I suppose moving to a different country gives you a valid excuse to be missing!!! Did you go to Australia or am I totally off on that?

The latest is that GOG is sending me the 1.81 I VVS1 AVR again tomorrow! I have to decide if I am okay with the low I color. I saw the stone in the summer, but since Jonathan was expecting some new stones to come in, I waited since he thought he'd be getting a couple of H color stones. BUT they all turned out to be J!!! At that point, someone else bought the 1.8 I before I could reserve it! Then the 2.19 came in and they wanted larger and returned the 1.8. So I am now taking another look at the 1.8 to see if I can adjust to the color after having F and G for many, many years!

You'll have to catch me up on what ring you have now since you sold your VC rings! I guess people like us keep the forum interesting! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1351205487|3292469 said:
DS, did you ever get pictures of the color comparison?

Yes, but too be honest they were not quite bright enough to really be able to tell. So they are sending me the diamond and it will come tomorrow! I think that is for the best anyway. Now I have seen a high I and a J in the new cut, so I can feel more confident about my preferences when I see this one for a final time.

I think I will post about the 1.8 on the other thread, though, since that stone was the topic of that thread.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We'll be waiting to hear your assessment!

angeline

Ideal_Rock

Awww thanks DS for the hugs!!! Always appreciated :D

Yes we did move to Australia, it's very far away... in diamond terms... hee hee..

I'll have to start a thread now I'm almost settled, on my BGD three stone.

Back to the important decisions though, I'll be very interested and excited to see what you think tomorrow. My time difference is a lot different now, so I'm not sure what tomorrow is really!

Nice to 'see' you in action again :wavey: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MGR...thanks for sticking with me through this neverending saga!

Angeline...I can't keep up with international time, either, other than I know China is 12 hours ahead of here! Now you get busy and start a thread on your three-stone!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results