shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek''s Wedding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to start posting some details about my 6-20-09 wedding in Rhode Island!

Attire

My Marisa 737 Dress in Ivory

FI is going to wear a medium/darkish grey pinstriped suit he already owns from Ralph Lauren. Its tailored nicely and looks great on him. He is going to wear a white Calvin Klein French-cuff shirt I gave him this past Christmas with some cufflinks my father gave to him. I also bought him a pretty silk tie in a nice shade of blue/green. He looks so handsome in blue!

Accessories

My Engagement Ring

Wedding Necklace

I am going to make my own veil and put some Swarovski crystal beads on it for a little sparkle. I also want to make some aquamarine drop earrings and embellish a comb with some freshwater pearls and aquamarines for after I take my veil off. If I don't do the comb then I want to order a hair flower from Etsy. I think they are really darling. I am also considering getting hair flowers for all of my BMs. I think that they will all wear their hair up.

I have two wedding bands in mind right now. I am ordering them both and then I'll send back the one I don't want.
Danielle from Whiteflash in Platinum

5-stone Shared Prong from Whiteflash in Platinum, 0.25 carat total weight

Hair

I want to do something low in the back for my hair. Something sort of like this.

Bridal Party

I have 5 girls in my bridal party. Even though we are downsizing the wedding I couldn't imagine getting married without these girls up there with me. There will be almost as many people at the altar as there are in the seats but we don't mind.

I asked the girls to get a knee-length dress in some shade of blue. To help narrow down the shades I told them to go to the David's Bridal website and look at Horizon, Cornflower, and Pool. One girl is going to get her dress there:

One BM's Dress

We are going to ask the other men in the bridal party (the dads, his cousin, brother, and two friends) to wear a suit with a white shirt. We plan on giving them a nice blue tie to go with their white shirt. I think that the bridal party will look somewhat cohesive.

Flowers

I am in love with high petal count flowers like peonies. I would LOVE to have a mix of pink and white peonies in my bouquet. We might go for this splurge sinec we downsized the rest of the wedding. If I can't do peonies I think that I'd be happy with cabbage roses or any of the other peony alternatives posted in the thread Deelight started a few weeks ago.

Dream Bouquet on The Knot

I will probably order an assortment of pink roses to make bouquets for the BMs and have pink roses used in the bouts for the men.

Photographer

We haven't booked a photographer yet but we are in contact with a couple we really like.

Phil Seaton- Living Photo

Kyle Coburn

Phil is local to the wedding and Kyle isn't. I've loved Kyle's work ever since I came across his site back in December. He would have to be flown in but we would get 2-3 days of coverage from him (including our day after stuff). I think that his cost (with an album and printing rights) would be around $4000 and the other guy would be around $2700 with no album (but 350-400 proofs printed and a DVD of high res images for our own printing) and only coverage on the day of the wedding. Opinions on these two guys welcome.

Rehearsal Dinner

We want to do something casual and laid back since we will be having the formal dinner for our reception. My family really enjoys Anthony's Seafood in Middletown, RI. They have great fresh stuff (from what I hear, I don't like seafood) and FI is borderline obsessed with their Kung Pao Calamari. We think this will be a fun way to end things on Friday night before we get married on Saturday.

Church

I can't find a picture of the church but it is on the campus of my alma mater- URI. I want to do bridal party pics and family pics before the ceremony on the campus quadrangle. There are some pretty stone buildings there and lots of trees.

URI Quad

Reception

Dinner... in Newport? Thats all we know so far. We are going to visit with the people at The Mooring and 22 Bowens which are both in downtown Newport. I am confident that one of these places will work out. I've eaten at them both and The Mooring has a waterfront dining room.

This is a link to the pdf for their private dining guide. I am thinking that the Harborview Room might be nice. Its waterfront with a deck attached. Perfect for cocktail hour.

The Mooring Private Dining Guide

Then we want to treat our friends to some more drinks in Newport after the dinner has ended. I think that I might change out of my gown and into a shorter more flirty white dress. Suggestions welcome for this.

The Day After

As I posted in my other thread my father really wants to charter American Eagle for a sail around Narragansett Bay the day after the wedding. The down side is that they only can accommodate 15 people max. We are also talking to the people who own The Schooner Madeleine which can fit everyone.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I think your wedding sounds so divine, and I'm excited for you and your FI that you are able to have the wedding you want! Can't wait to hear and see more about it!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! That''ll be so special and memorable to have the ceremony at your alma mater. Sounds like things are really going to come together nicely!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It sounds wonderful! Casual, but classy. I love Newport. We chartered a schooner for our wedding, and everyone really enjoyed it!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My wedding bands are ordered! Well I will only keep one but we ordered two. I will send back what I don''t like. I got the 5-stone shared prong band and the Danielle.

I also think we found our photog. He isn''t one of the ones I linked above but I just got off the phone with him and I really liked his personality. Not to mention he is $1000 less than the next cheapest guy we liked.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 3:40:28 PM
Author: stephbolt
I think your wedding sounds so divine, and I''m excited for you and your FI that you are able to have the wedding you want! Can''t wait to hear and see more about it!

Steph I just can''t get over the size of your kitty''s ears. She is very cute.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I forgot how great you look in your dress
face23.gif

It''s going to be a great day Clairitek!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m more excited about your wedding than mine!!!It looks and sounds fantastic!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:44:01 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I forgot how great you look in your dress
face23.gif

It''s going to be a great day Clairitek!
Awwww... thanks Fiery! You''re making me blush over here.
41.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Well our first choice of private dining room is already booked so we won''t be having a nice private deck for cocktails before our dinner. There is one other water view room available which is good news. Fingers crossed that it doesn''t get snapped up before we can get up there to look at it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding sounds posititvely amazing
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - your wedding is really coming together so nicely! Yay on finding a photog!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful plan! you are gorgeous, your RD place is fantastic, I love it and don''t even eat shellfish!, chartering a boat is a fantastic idea! The pictures will be amazing! Have you looked at Selkie''s pics? What a beautiful weekend!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
It looks and sounds like its going to be totally amazing - I especially LOVE your dress
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Here is a little update for ya...

Any of the restaurants I thought we could book in Newport are already full for totally private dining rooms. So we are currently booked into a garden patio area (tented in case it rains) in a nice restaurant in my home town. We decided we would give up the water view during dinner for total privacy. If we manage to find something better in the mean time we can always give up the reservation. My mother also booked us into a restaurant right across the street thats more casual for the rehearsal dinner. We decided to just at least get our names into some places instead of sitting on our laurels because we started to get nervous that we would end up with something that wasn''t fancy enough.

Amazing how my mother who isn''t into weddings at all, is all of a sudden trapsing all over town making plans for us! I love it!

I found this dress as a potential post wedding bar dress. Its fancy for the bars but I think its pretty cute. What do you guys think?

Alvina Valenta Bridesmaids Dress

I would order it in ivory on ivory.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great idea to start booking things just to have something - then you have backups just in case, even if you find something you love more
1.gif

That BM dress for after the wedding bar-hopping is darling - I think it would be super-cute
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The dress is beautiful
30.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Claire :) your wedding is going to be stunning!

OMG and I love your wedding dress LOVE it!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I am in love with that Alvina. In love!!! If you get it, please post pics!
30.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh darn it all! That Alvina Valenta dress is already sold! I just went back to POWD and its gone. Oh well. I''ll keep looking. I really liked it! Thats what I get for hesitating.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s too bad about the Alvina; it was lovely!

Sounds like your wedding plans are coming along nicely. Woohoo! Can''t wait to see how it all turns out!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve figured out my flowers. This weekend I purchased 2 dozen roses and 5 stems of creamy colored mums (just wanted a different texture than the roses) to play around with bouquet sizes. I plan on ordering bulk roses from an online wholesaler and assembling the bouquets with my bridal party the day before the wedding.

I bought fuschia and pale pale pink roses. Though in these pics from my phone the fuschia looks read and the pale pink is washed out. Oh well.

bouquettopctek.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t figure out how to rotate this in my photo editing software. I''m not sure I will make the handle so long when I do it for the wedding. I plan on using a combination of pale blue organdy ribbon and the off white for the BMs and all white for me. I am not sure if I will put white roses in their bouquets or just the two shades of pink but I do really like the combination of the three shades.

bouquetsidectek.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to update my wedding thread since a few things have changed from when I wrote the OP. (This is partly for my own record keeping, feel free to ignore me!)

Semi-pro Engagement Pics

Colored Gemstone Bridal Party Gifts

My DIY Lace Edge Veil

DIY Pocketfold Invitations

General Update Thread

Post-Party Wedding Dress

I selected my flowers last weekend. My bouquet is going to have pink peonies, dark pink roses, and pale pink spray roses. We are using callas for the bouts. The bridesmaids bouquets will have blueish hydrangea, white roses with pink tips, greenish white roses, and pale pink spray roses. I am super super excited to be getting peonies in my bouquet!!

The centerpieces are going to be tall glass cylinders with river rocks and then three submerged callas (wired together at the base and stuck into the rocks) with a floating candle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results