shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Gemstone Pendants for Bridal Party

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
It took me a long time to figure out what to get my bridal party who happen to be a pretty diverse group of women with very different styles. Since I spend a good amount of my free internet time on PS I decided to try and figure out some sort of affordable custom sterling silver project to present to them at my rehearsal dinner.

I came across a sliding bezel pendant somewhere on PS and started researching Etsy vendors. I put out an alchemy request and a day later had 6 different people bidding. I worked out a pretty good deal (IMO) on the metal work and chains but then I had the issue of getting stones in time for my wedding.

This is where our dear FrekeChild comes in. She went to her local loose gemstone store and purchased 5 beautiful stones in my budget and shipped them off to me. I already had a little oval spess that I wanted to use for my friend who LOOOOOOVES orange.

So here is the final product! They turned out exactly how I wanted. I really hope my bridal party appreciates how much thought and planning went into them. Knowing my girls, I think they will.
1.gif

The stones in the pendants are a swiss blue topaz, london blue topaz, peridot, spess garnet, chrysoberyl, and amethyst.

This is a vendor photo. They were made by DanielMJewelry on Etsy.

pendants1129372resized.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s a lot of blank space. Don''t know what happened there.

I love me a handful of pendants!

pendantsinhandps923874823.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The stones before being sent off to the jeweler. Along with their friend.

pileofstoneswithring.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The obligatory ''lay them in the cracks between your fingers'' shot.

sidewaysrainbowPSresize.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaand another.

psrainbowwithring.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Almost done! Another pretty pile of stones.

ringontablepileofstonesPS.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Macro of the little spess I found on eBay.

spessresizedPS9238472.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know what a chrysoberyl looked like so Freke told me to imagine Mountain Dew. I''d say that is a pretty accurate description! I love how it seems to glow from within.

chrysoPSresized.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Claritek - that is an awesome idea! How gorgeous are those little stones! Any neck shots?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome idea! They are beautiful.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, absolutely gorgeous, I''m bezeling one of my peridot into a slider, thanks for posting the info. They are absolutely adorable.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I love them! How sweet and thoughtful of you
36.gif
They remind me of sparkly yummy jolly ranchers! What sizes are the stones?

Yay for Freke too
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous! What lucky bridesmaids! I need to go have a looksee at his etsy shop!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 3:38:18 PM
Author: shimmer
Wow, I love them! How sweet and thoughtful of you
36.gif
They remind me of sparkly yummy jolly ranchers! What sizes are the stones?

Yay for Freke too
36.gif

The dimensions on the stones:
7 mm round london blue topaz
7x9 mm oval swiss blue topaz
6 mm round chrysoberyl
7x9 mm oval amethyst
6x8 mm oval peridot
6x4 mm (best guess) oval spessartite garnet

And I agree- Yay for Freke! This could have been disastrous with me purchasing all of my stones from eBay. Who knows how long I would be waiting for my stones to be shipped. Freke had them to me in less than a week from our first conversation about them.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I''d wear a hideous taffeta dress for one of those! But given your obvious good taste, I''m sure you''re bridesmaids will be beautiful. They''re all gorgeous, but I really love the spess!!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Claire! They are the perfect sizes too, I particularly love the topaz''s and amethyst.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty! Lucky bridesmaids!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh these are SO beautiful! I love them! My favorites are the spess and london. Lucky bridesmaids you have!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They turned out great!

I was actually considering doing something like that for some girls in my family, do you mind my asking how much they were?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Those are wonderful! What a thoughtful idea for gifts. Did you pick colors specifically for each girl?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
So awesome! This is my new favorite thread!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love these!
30.gif

I love simple settings that let the color of the stone be the star. Well done, and best wishes on your wedding!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t find that seller on etsy-anyone have a link for a search challenged gal such as myself?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! They are so pretty. Like a handful of candy!!!! Your BMs are going to adore them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely gift to your friends! They are beautiful.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Omg what awesome gifts!!!!!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really adorable!

-A

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 4:45:26 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
They turned out great!

I was actually considering doing something like that for some girls in my family, do you mind my asking how much they were?

Nope, not at all! The stones cost me $60 total. You can probably expect to pay anywhere from $12-$20 for the rolo chains (those are 1.5 mm) but there are some deals on eBay for chains if you take the time to look. The metal work cost me $25 per pendant.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 4:47:10 PM
Author: Selkie
Those are wonderful! What a thoughtful idea for gifts. Did you pick colors specifically for each girl?

Yes and no. I have a friend with an August birthstone so she will get the peridot stone. Another bridesmaid love orange so the spess is for her. I am going to give the chrysoberyl to another bridesmaid who is a little more offbeat. I am not sure who will get the blues and purple yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results