shape
carat
color
clarity

I truly think I found the dress. I really hope so. I am sick of looking! *PICS*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So... yet another dress thread from Clairitek?

So far I have been through the excitement of finding a Paloma Blanca really cheap on eBay. Then I was having dreams about the Pronovias Dango. Then I found a lovely Henry Roth gown at a consignment shop. Then I went to three salons in the past week. Boy am I glad I live in an area that is rich with bridal salons.

On Saturday I went to Countryway Bridal in Cherry Hill, NJ. Major props to them for A) allowing photos B) allowing me to browse the racks alone, without someone breathing down my neck and C) being just truly laid back and low pressure.

I tried on my beloved Jim Hjelm that I fell for at Kleinfeld Bridal. Unfortunately this gown was almost 4x my budget. Whoops! I loved the romantic feel of it. I realized that I wanted a flowy, ruffly hem and that I loved lightweight gowns with organza or chiffon. When I tried it on a second time I didn''t feel the love again. I was relieved because I didn''t want to drive myself nuts looking for this gown on preownwed, oncewed, or eBay.

Right after the Jim Hjelm I put on the Marisa #737 and I was in
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. So was FMIL (who had gone with me the day before to another place, we did lots of bonding this weekend!). She just said "You don''t have to think about this one! I wouldn''t change a thing! It looks like it was MADE for your body." and then remarked how she felt like she was going to tear up.

I proceeded to try on a few more gowns (including Basil''s JH gown. LOVED it on her... hated it on me) and then went and tried on the Marisa again. The shop was offering 20% off everything in the store through the end of the month. With the discount it would have been $1500. When I got back to FI''s parent''s house I called Pearl''s Place and they have it for UNDER $1200!!! FI told me to go for it even though it was $200 over my budget because he could tell I was really loving this gown.

So here we go... some pics. I plan on placing the order this week!

I just want to give a shout out to Neatfreak and the others who commented on my Dango thread about how they felt I could find something that did my figure more favors. You guys were TOTALLY right. I think I already thanked you in my thread about the Henry Roth gown. I am so glad I went on to try on other gowns and didn''t settle for something just because of a good deal.

marisa737front.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
From the back.

marisa737back.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Side (taken the first time I tried it on from my camera phone)

sidewithoutsashPS.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The bridal salon tied on a sash for me to check out that look too. I am on the fence about whether or not I will wear one and if I do wear one, where/how it will be tied.

Again from the camera phone.

rightsashmarisa737.JPG

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
That dress fits and compliments you beautifully. I''m not sold on the sash at all, but you look stunning in that dress!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the dress, dont really like the sash but the stress is awesome on you!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! You look fabulous and you found a great deal!

I love the bottom, it is so perfectly flowy!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Last one with a different sash before they realized they had a better colored sash for me to look at. This first one was just a placeholder. I just prefer this angle because you can see the back too.

wrongsashmarisa737.JPG

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I totally love this gown on you... its make your figure look FABULOUS!! :) I think this one is perfect for you! YAY for finding the dress :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:16:34 PM
Author: CrookedRock
That dress fits and compliments you beautifully. I''m not sold on the sash at all, but you look stunning in that dress!
Thanks! I''m not either now after trying it on a second time. I think that once its fitted properly (without wrinkles from the clips in the back) it will look better. At least that''s a detail I can decide on at the last minute.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda like the sash.. maybe add a brooch too with it.. and i''d call it a day! :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ILPC, CR, BB, Cammy, and SDL for the feedback! You guys are really fast with the replies! I do love this gown more than any of the dozens I''ve slipped on so far. I''ve really learned a lot about dress shopping in general and what works for my body.

Go figure that I thought I would get an A-line gown with a sweetheart neck! Here I am with a mermaid/trumpet and a scoop.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:18:46 PM
Author: Clairitek

Thanks! I''m not either now after trying it on a second time. I think that once its fitted properly (without wrinkles from the clips in the back) it will look better. At least that''s a detail I can decide on at the last minute.
Seriously your figure is perfect for the cut of that dress. You are getting me excited about dress shopping now!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:18:52 PM
Author: blondebunny
I kinda like the sash.. maybe add a brooch too with it.. and i''d call it a day! :)
I was considering that too. I definitely think that I will keep my eyes peeled for some pretty antique brooches that I could either use with the dress or put it on a comb to use in my hair. If I do use a sash I don''t think that I''d have it be this long. They had stolen that one from a JH dress.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the dress! You finally found "the one"! YAY

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto! The dress looks great on you.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! You''ve found a winner!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning dress and very, very flattering on you (not that you wouldn''t look great in a paper sack). I like it both with and without the sash, I think they''re just different looks and you have to decide which you prefer.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Ooh la la!
30.gif
Claritek, you have a great bod there girlfriend...work it! ::finger snap::

Love the dress. Love the sash (is that what they are called?). Love the look...its great on you!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
that dress looks amazing on you! I am not sold on the sash either. I don''t think you need it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I actually like the sash; it defines your waist very nicely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have definitely found it. It's just incredible. Flat out knocked my socks off. It's got to be one of my favorites I've seen on here to date! Gorgeous. And HELLO! BARGAIN!

No sash is my vote.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s fabulous, and I also love the sash (though I''m biased- I was a sash bride
2.gif
). It looks amazing on you.

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Love it
30.gif
Very beautiful on you, and I too, not sure about the sash. I like it, I think it adds some extra "pow" to the overall look, but does it go with your other colors? So either way if you choose to go with or without it, looks fantastic!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I like the sash/brooch idea too.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
That dress is gorgeous and looks great on your tiny little frame! When I was dress searching I was deciding between two at the end, and this was one of them. I ended up going with the other but think this one is beautiful. Congrats on finding your dress after a difficult search!

I didn''t try it with the sash but saw pictures of other girls who wore a sash with it. (Found some pics online when I was trying to decide which dress to get.) It''s really pretty both ways. I would probably go ahead and get a sash and play around with it and let both styles (sash and no sash) settle in a bit to help make the decision.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and looks fabulous on you! Yay - looks like your search is over!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I like the sash from the back, but the way it is tied looks too bulky. Maybe use a broach to secure it (as I think someone else suggested.)

Either way, I LOVE that dress on you!

Bex215

Rough_Rock
Hey there C-tek! Are you by any chance in Philadelphia/South Jersey area? (I noticed you went to Cherry Hill this weekend). If so, can you recommend some places to look for dresses? I have NO idea where to start (or what I like or what looks good on me). Basically, I''m totally clueless. I was going to just go to department stores and see what I come up with! I''m on a VERY tight budget and I tend to prefer a simple, non-fussy (no lace, no beading, no pearls) kind of dress (the wedding is in a botanical garden). Any help would be appreciated
1.gif
Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww it is GORGEOUS on you!!! Thanks for the shout out and I am so glad you waited, this dress is so much more flattering.

And add me to the "no sash" camp. This dress doesn''t need it and I think it breaks up the gorgeous flow of the dress on you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results