shape
carat
color
clarity

Clairitek''s DIY Pocketfold Invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Details:

Pocketfolds, envelopes, and reply card envelopes from cardsandpockets.com
All in grasshopper pie (mint green).
$38 total for 23 of each

Linen white cardstock from Office Max or Office Depot $15 for a stack of 100 sheets

7/8" wide white ribbon from Joann''s $2.79 (used just over two spools)
3/8" wide navy blue grossgrain ribbon from Joann''s $1.99 (used 2 spools)

Navy blue cardstock from Joann''s for matting

Flourish image downloaded from istockphoto.com

I had the servives of a graphic designer at my disposal for these. She did the selection of fonts, arranged the flourish, etc. We didn''t really have wedding colors so we just went with what we thought was pretty.

envelopePSbackground.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Ribbon on the pocketfold. I used doublesided scrapbooking squares to stick it on. I didn''t want a bow so my friends will have to undo a knot.
11.gif

closednvelopeondeskwithribbon.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Ceremony invite with navy blue matting.

CEREMONYINVITEMAIN.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the ceremony invite.

CEREMONYINVITE.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Open with reply card and inserts. There are 3 days of events (rehearsal, wedding, day after stuff) so we had a lot of inserts. The flourish lines up on all of the inserts as you''ll see in the next pic.

verticalopeninvitewithreply.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Last but not least. Ring on ribbons shot. Really makes my setting look strange but oh well!

ringonenvelope.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Cute! Very well done, and I love that PS is in the background. LOL!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Very impressive! They look great.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:44:43 PM
Author: sunnyd
Cute! Very well done, and I love that PS is in the background. LOL!
I noticed that too!!!

Your invites look great! I love the mint green and navy together!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! V pro looking.

ETA: V pro looking? What the hell was that?? I'm sorry, I was distracted. Your invitations are lovely and very professional looking
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
For some reason this picture wouldn't post before.

The inserts without the reply card so you can see how the flourish design is on all of the cards while layered (and on them individually in various proportions).

ETA: Hmm... Still won't post. I've sent it to Admin in hopes it will post for them.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
These look amazing! I love the knot instead of the bow...it looks more professional I think.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Cool invites! Good job!

Ali

Shiny_Rock
One more:

isrrblurred.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
They look great! And, I cannot believe you were able to put them together so inexpensively. Awesome.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 12:18:46 AM
Author: katamari
They look great! And, I cannot believe you were able to put them together so inexpensively. Awesome.

It helped to have a decent quality color laser printer are my disposal. Doing the printing for free involved staying after hours at my friend''s workplace to feed the cardstock through the printer. I spent over an hour chopping up the pieces on a paper cutter. My goal was to spend $4 an invite with postage. I went a little over but I am pleased enough with the results to not really care.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
They look awseome.. and I applaud you for having the patience to put them all together!
1.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
They look great! I like the simple color scheme, it looks very sophisticated.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look amazing! Really professional.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!
36.gif

Lori

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I love them! Doesn''t it feel great to have something MAJOR checked off the list!!! Great job!!
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic looking invites!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So last night I got all of the envelopes stuffed after spending a day carefully addressing them. FI and I were watching Lost and there was a bottle of red wine on the table. FI apparently had the BRILLIANT idea to nudge the wine bottle over an inch or so with his FOOT. He knocked the bottle over and doused a bunch of the invites I just spent weeks working on (on and off, with the help of my designer friend) including a night where I was at school printing them until 1130 (we live an hour from school). I was FURIOUS. I was soooo proud of the invites, down to the very last detail. I couldn''t believe that half of them had been doused in RED WINE.
29.gif
29.gif

Thankfully I have 3 left over envelopes so I picked the 3 worst ones and am going to readdress the envelopes. Thankfully it didn''t soak through to the pocketfold.

Part of me is pissed at myself for placing the sealed envelopes in harms way and the other part of me is super pissed that FI thought he could actually MOVE A BOTTLE OF WINE WITH HIS FOOT and NOT spill anything. He felt HORRIBLE and after I calmed down I did my best to let him know it wasn''t the end of the world and that he better not spill wine on my dress at the wedding.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif

I say, blame it on the Post Office! Dang postal workers drinking red wine around the mail...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic, C-tek! They look so professional!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results