carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

S

SparkliesLuver

Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

tourma-guy said:
I have these two pretties on their way from Litnon. The first is a Burmese Spinel at 0.86ct. The second is a Tanzanite at 1.47ct. Hopefully they are as vivid in person as they are in the pictures.

Absolutely cannot wait to see your pics of these! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good going, Tourmaguy. They both look well colored and I especially love the look of the tanzanite.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

4.6 carat pink spinel. One of two spinels I bought to make me feel better over the spinel I lost. Now I need to take it out of the temporary holder and put it away. lol
038.jpg
042.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourma-guy|1431014115|3873466 said:
I have these two pretties on their way from Litnon. The first is a Burmese Spinel at 0.86ct. The second is a Tanzanite at 1.47ct. Hopefully they are as vivid in person as they are in the pictures.

I'm going to have to cut myself off for the rest of the year if I keep these two. :oops: :lol: You all are bad influences. :tongue:

I really liked the color of the Burmese spinel when I saw it on the site. Can't wait until you have it in hand and post pics. I am sure the tanzanite is beautiful too.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

Here they are ladies and gents. The colors are just as pretty as in the pictures. The tanzanite shows more purple in person than in the photos I took. The spinel tends to shift between red and pink red (as you can kind of see in the two pictures), and it absolutely glows and sparkles. Both gorgeous stones. The cut and polish on the tanzanite leaves something to be desired, but for the price I can't really complain and its only noticeable under a loupe. It also has a slight window issue on either side of the cullet, but its very minimal and should be masked by a setting. Once again, for $200/ct I can't really expect perfection. The color was exactly what I was hoping for though.

I do have some gripes with the accuracy of the listings though. Mainly the spinel's description. In the listing it was said to have no windowing, which is not completely true. Its barely noticeable due to the color saturation but it is there. Also it was listed as IF to VVS, but as you can see by my last picture it has an inclusion right in the table. To be honest the inclusion is a bonus for me personally, as it helps confirm its natural origin. But the fact that this inclusion is right in your face at 10x magnification makes it not qualify as VVS. Maybe I'm just being too picky.

20150508_191829_richtone_hdr_.jpg

20150508_192157_richtone_hdr_.jpg

20150508_192512_richtone_hdr_.jpg

_30044.jpg

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

Well, I emailed litnon about my concerns so we'll see what they say...

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock

So yes, I was just being too picky. :lol: Michael responded quickly with a great email explaning that the definition of VVS changes based on the type of stone (whether its typically found included or not), and that the tanzanite was purchased from an overseas cutter and they passed the savings on to their customers since the stones aren't precision cut. I also may have been imagining the window in the spinel. Even if its there you can't see it unless you really look for it.

Good customer service from Litnon/Gemline. ::)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

New sapphire ring from Dana and Diamond Zone:

_30288.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

tourma-guy|1431349866|3875044 said:
So yes, I was just being too picky. :lol: Michael responded quickly with a great email explaning that the definition of VVS changes based on the type of stone (whether its typically found included or not), and that the tanzanite was purchased from an overseas cutter and they passed the savings on to their customers since the stones aren't precision cut. I also may have been imagining the window in the spinel. Even if its there you can't see it unless you really look for it.

Good customer service from Litnon/Gemline. ::)

I am particularly enamored with the spinel. It is lovely, and I'm glad your concerns were laid to rest :)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

tourma guy - your stones look beautiful! I'm glad that Litnon/Gemline were able to help you!

arkieb1 oh my! Your Aqua and ring are stunning! Have you started a thread? ETA: found your thread!

blingbunny - I love the colour of your sapphire and it looks lovely in that setting! You have so many nice pieces.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1 - that is a stunning ring. I love everything about it.

blingbunny - Such a beautiful sapphire and the setting is perfect.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

3.99 Raspberry spinel.

Best color under noon skylight.
025_2.jpg

Worst color.
029_1.jpg

Direct sunlight.

004_7.jpg

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock

I'm excited for this to arrive!

_30697.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chloeishere|1433030070|3883125 said:

I can see why! Love the blue gem with yellow gold, and love the milgrain. Looking forward to hand shots when this pretty arrives.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a great find! Looking forward to see your pics

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1432403445|3880443 said:
3.99 Raspberry spinel.

025_2.jpg

Worst color.
029_1.jpg

Direct sunlight.

004_7.jpg

Amazing color :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blingbunny10|1431802516|3877517 said:
New sapphire ring from Dana and Diamond Zone:

So beautiful!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1433093022|3883321 said:
LisaRN|1432403445|3880443 said:
3.99 Raspberry spinel.

025_2.jpg

Worst color.
029_1.jpg

Direct sunlight.

004_7.jpg

Amazing color :love: :love: :love:

Thank You Acimon.:) I bought this from Stinson's http://www.gemservice.com/.... Rick could not have been nicer and I am pleased with the purchase. Would like to correct that the spinel is actually 3.91 not 3.99 carats.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the link Lisa!
How will you set this beauty?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1433094530|3883329 said:

Honestly I am not sure Acinom. I have been hunting 3+ carat pink spinels because I think they will be scarce in the future. Jerry Newman is re-cutting a purplish/red for me which I hope turns out nice, and if it does that will be the first one I set. If not lesson learned about buying stones that need to be re-cut. I have another 3 carat pink spinel (round with high crown) that I am waiting to receive. So whichever is nicer will be the first one set with two .75 carat old mine cut diamonds as side stones. The others I will just hoard. lol.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, I would love to see a group pic of your stones :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful spinels LisaRN! I'm very jealous!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks ricezo!!! Acinom- As soon as I get the one back from Jerry, and receive the new one I will do a photo shoot. :) I am really (curious, excited, apprehensive) looking forward to how the re-cut spinel turns out. It was a really poor decision on my part to buy it and I have included a picture of what the stone looked like before I sent it to Jerry. Poor garnety spinel........ Made worse by a pic of my nails and hands after gardening. Jerry is performing a Barion cut on her. Fingers crossed.
002_9.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1433095490|3883335 said:
Acinom|1433094530|3883329 said:

Honestly I am not sure Acinom. I have been hunting 3+ carat pink spinels because I think they will be scarce in the future. Jerry Newman is re-cutting a purplish/red for me which I hope turns out nice, and if it does that will be the first one I set. If not lesson learned about buying stones that need to be re-cut. I have another 3 carat pink spinel (round with high crown) that I am waiting to receive. So whichever is nicer will be the first one set with two .75 carat old mine cut diamonds as side stones. The others I will just hoard. lol.

Whoever heard of doing such a thing, collecting and hoarding?! Bwah hah hah haa! :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1433167549|3883658 said:
Thanks ricezo!!! Acinom- As soon as I get the one back from Jerry, and receive the new one I will do a photo shoot. :) I am really (curious, excited, apprehensive) looking forward to how the re-cut spinel turns out. It was a really poor decision on my part to buy it and I have included a picture of what the stone looked like before I sent it to Jerry. Poor garnety spinel........ Made worse by a pic of my nails and hands after gardening. Jerry is performing a Barion cut on her. Fingers crossed.
002_9.jpg

How exciting to do a recut. Looking forward to see the outcome.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1433092950|3883320 said:

That's a great find! Looking forward to see your pics

Thanks Lisa and Acinom! It's actually a reset. I got a cathedral solitaire Montana sapphire ring from ElleW/ Freke like two years ago, but it was several sizes too big, white gold (I have a nickel allergy) and too high set for my personal style. This is a reset, was just able to squeeze it into a stick setting (it's a 6.3x5mm oval), in 14k rose gold. I'm really pleased by how it turned out, especially with a vendor I haven't used before! It arrived but the lighting is awful for sapphires. Will try to get a good picture on tomorrow!

S

SparkliesLuver

Pulled the trigger on this Marlborough chrysoprase from Ryan yesterday. :) I've been looking for juuuuuust the right one for awhile. I can't wait to see it in person! 7.64 ct., 12.49 mm.

il_222.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

It's gorgeous SparkliesLuver - I love that beautiful green! Any setting ideas?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ricezo! :D I must admit that I'm still in love with the Lang Antiques ring I suggested for Acinom (below). But I won't be able to set it this year, so I have a lot of time to explore ideas. :)

_30765.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results