shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

S

SparkliesLuver

Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

I honestly don't; I'm so sorry, OTL. If you really want to know, you might try contacting them (and include a picture or two) and ask. Just a thought.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1433246665|3884090 said:
Pulled the trigger on this Marlborough chrysoprase from Ryan yesterday. :) I've been looking for juuuuuust the right one for awhile. I can't wait to see it in person! 7.64 ct., 12.49 mm.

Wow, what a find!! Love it, love its vivid green color.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock

LisaRN|1433259694|3884203 said:
Acinom|1433182813|3883789 said:
LisaRN|1433167549|3883658 said:
Thanks ricezo!!! Acinom- As soon as I get the one back from Jerry, and receive the new one I will do a photo shoot. :) I am really (curious, excited, apprehensive) looking forward to how the re-cut spinel turns out. It was a really poor decision on my part to buy it and I have included a picture of what the stone looked like before I sent it to Jerry. Poor garnety spinel........ Made worse by a pic of my nails and hands after gardening. Jerry is performing a Barion cut on her. Fingers crossed.
002_9.jpg

How exciting to do a recut. Looking forward to see the outcome.

Jerry just sent me pics of the recut. The stone is now 2.41 carats. He does amazing work and I am happy he salvaged this stone. Lesson learned for me on buying a stone to be re-cut, but the stone is close in color to my lost spinel which is what I was going for. This one is just smaller, expertly cut, and is a bit more reddish than the other. He does say it sparkles nicely- so I am excited about that. :)

jerry_spinel3.jpg

Please post more pictures after you receive it. It looks great based on Jerry's photo.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, shulaibaoma! :D Hopefully it arrives on Monday; I'll be sure to post pictures!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1433510670|3885515 said:
Thank you so much, shulaibaoma! :D Hopefully it arrives on Monday; I'll be sure to post pictures!

I look forward to seeing more pictures. :clap: I love green and it is my favorite color, but so far I do not have any green color gem. I need to search my green color very soon.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Got the spinel back and as expected Jerry's cutting is exquisite! I am posting three pics to show the stone in different lighting. In direct sunlight the stone darkens quite a bit to a dark purple that I am not keen on. So I will be putting the stone up for sale in the future at a loss unless the stone grows on me. I am not sorry I bought the stone though because I got to "meet" Jerry and that experience was priceless. What a wonderful man and his talent is truly awesome!

Best color:
047.jpg
048.jpg

Indoors- low light:
018_6.jpg

Direct sunlight:
057_1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, frankly I'm surprised as his post cut photo made it look so much brighter and redder. That's a disappointment. But I'm glad it went well with Jerry and you'd recommend him to others.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1433615503|3886010 said:
Hmm, frankly I'm surprised as his post cut photo made it look so much brighter and redder. That's a disappointment. But I'm glad it went well with Jerry and you'd recommend him to others.

That is why I have started to post "best color" and "worst color" pictures of my stones on this forum. I think it is helpful because pictures can sometimes be misleading regarding how a stone performs under daily viewing conditions. I try to capture what I see hoping that someone may learn from it. :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1433619509|3886032 said:
minousbijoux|1433615503|3886010 said:

That is why I have started to post "best color" and "worst color" pictures of my stones on this forum. I think it is helpful because pictures can sometimes be misleading regarding how a stone performs under daily viewing conditions. I try to capture what I see hoping that someone may learn from it. :)

Yes, I should have said that I love the fact that you take photos under different conditions and discuss it here. Thank you.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock

Here is the amethyst I purchased from Ryan about a month ago. What I mostly see is the second photo, a dark purple. The green tourmaline in the second photo was my first purchase, cut by Dana. I love it - I couldn't get a picture to do it justice. CS are hard to photograph!
dsc01027.jpg
dsc01048.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty Huldak! The tourmaline looks like it is glowing.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Huldak|1433765987|3886504 said:
Here is the amethyst I purchased from Ryan about a month ago. What I mostly see is the second photo, a dark purple. The green tourmaline in the second photo was my first purchase, cut by Dana. I love it - I couldn't get a picture to do it justice. CS are hard to photograph!
dsc01027.jpg
dsc01048.jpg

Thanks for sharing. The Amethyst has a beautiful colour. But it's a pity the stone is mostly dark. Do you plan to keep it and set it?

S

SparkliesLuver

I received my chrysoprase from Ryan and I love it! :D The cutting and polishing is great and I love the sugarloaf shape. I'll be excited to set this beauty when the time comes.

img_8200.jpg

img_8201.jpg

Huldak

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLover your chrysopase is beautiful! I'm glad you posted, because I just ordered his remaining one earlier this morning. :)

Thanks LisaRN!

Acinom, I'm unlikely to set the amethyst anytime soon because I'm not feeling the desire for a purple ring at the moment. I've mostly looked at it indoors, so now that I see these pictures I'm going to look at it more in better light.

Edited for typos

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Huldak! Oh, did you?! How great! :appl: I'm sure you'll love it. Please post your own pictures when you get it. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Waaaaah! Your chrysoprase is amazing Sparkliesluver!!! Both shape and colour are gorgeous. You've made a great choice.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. That's very kind of you to say! :) I too love the color, and I can't wait to see it outside. In my dream world, it reminds me of your paraiba sugar loaf (because it's the closest I'll come!). ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparkliesluver: remarkable that you mentioned it as I thought about my Paraiba sugaoaf as wel!! Love the Carribean green of yours :love: :love: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Now you're just being too kind! :) Yes, it does bring about those colors. Someday we'll have to have a green party!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds good!! You have acquired a beautiful collection :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

You're too kind, Acinom; thank you. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklies that chrysoprase is just beautiful. So glad it lived up to it's picture. I just want to reach through the monitor and pet it! lol

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Lisa! :) Yes, I am too. I've been tempted to order a few pieces before, from other vendors, but never did because I worried they'd disappoint in-person. Glad I took the chance this time! hehehe I know what you mean. (In case you're wondering, Ryan does have a bit more material :naughty: )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did your other stones arrive Sparkliesluver? Ie the result of your 'low-key' search :lol: :lol: Anxiously waiting for you to start your new thread :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

2 of the 3 have arrived, Acinom. I thought the other would be here tomorrow, but it's looking like Friday. :whistle: The anxious part of me wants to start a thread now but I'll probably wait until I have all of them in-hand.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1433956985|3887393 said:
2 of the 3 have arrived, Acinom. I thought the other would be here tomorrow, but it's looking like Friday. :whistle: The anxious part of me wants to start a thread now but I'll probably wait until I have all of them in-hand.

Soooo waiting for your thread! :)

S

SparkliesLuver

LisaRN said:

haha I actually had all three in hand this morning, but I already mailed one back. It wasn't what I was looking for, but I do have one picture. I might be receiving one or two more early next week, so I'll probably just accumulate my pictures and make a thread on Monday.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1434042581|3887891 said:
LisaRN said:

haha I actually had all three in hand this morning, but I already mailed one back. It wasn't what I was looking for, but I do have one picture. I might be receiving one or two more early next week, so I'll probably just accumulate my pictures and make a thread on Monday.

Do you love the other two Sparkliesluver?
And two more coming your way! You have been very productive with your low key search.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Do you love the other two Sparkliesluver?
And two more coming your way! You have been very productive with your low key search.

Sorry for not responding until now. Been really busy! I actually sent all of them back because I didn't love them. That's why it's been a low-key search, since I don't want to bug my fellow PSers. :lol: I have one left that should be on its way next week, but other than that my search hasn't turned up much.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparkliesluver: I love your non compromise approach. Also, it's better for our reputable vendors to not openly denounce stones that are fine, but do not match with a specific personal preference.
Hope you find your dreamstone soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results