shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ricezo, thanks for sharing some more photos of your ruby ring. It's gorgeous and how lovely that it has a special family connection...that makes it even more beautiful! The design seems very simple and timeless..It really draws your eye to the rich red ruby. The design reminds me of the ancient Roman, and the medieval designs of some rings that I saw in this book about the history of rings/jewelry by Diana Scarisbeck. :)

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

ricezo, your ruby ring is very pretty and unique.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

ilovegemstones|1427241153|3852020 said:
Love the garnet and the marquis ruby ring also, ricezo. What a great atone purchase and it is so nice to have a gorgeous ring like that with sentimental value too!

pregcurious said:
Nice ruby!

mochiko42 said:
Hi ricezo, thanks for sharing some more photos of your ruby ring. It's gorgeous and how lovely that it has a special family connection...that makes it even more beautiful! The design seems very simple and timeless..It really draws your eye to the rich red ruby. The design reminds me of the ancient Roman, and the medieval designs of some rings that I saw in this book about the history of rings/jewelry by Diana Scarisbeck. :)

shulaibaoma said:
ricezo, your ruby ring is very pretty and unique.

Thanks everyone! I love my ruby ring and I'm glad that you like it too! I also have a matching necklace which I definitely don't wear enough.

_28639.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow...Gorgeous set!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Lilmosun! I just need the matching earrings! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fabulous set!!! You have such wonderful pieces Ricezo.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Aw thanks Acinom! That's a big compliment coming from you!

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Hello! I wanted to post a ring that is coming to me from Ed! It is my first big purchase! Well actually it's a present for my step mom and we all pitched in but still. And this is a lot of gold coming your way so be prepared lol. Not my taste as I like smaller bands but I think it is pretty. Ed says it's not a good picture and I agree so I will post more pictures when it gets here!

_28893.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austinj: tell us more please! What kind of stone is it? There is something elegant about its relative simplicity - its a lovely ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and ring Austinj! I am mesmerized by that color :love:

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! Yes it is very cool I think. It's. 2.41 carat unheated aquamarine (her birthstone) and ring is in yellow gold with white gold prongs not dipped. I can't wait to see it in person!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful...an unheated aqua is on my wishlist and I hope to someday have one as nice!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not stunning by PS standards but I am so happily surprised how this came out, I wanted to share.

I bought this stone last year. The pictures looked horrible but the seller recommended it. Although the color was way better than the pictures, I prefer sparkly stones and this was too silky for my taste. I guess fate (and probably the fact that it wasn't expensive) kept me from returning it. I took it out to set it a couple of times but just didn't love it enough to invest in.

I happened to pick up some inexpensive settings from a jeweler who was retiring and it fit one of them - so decided it was time to set it or sell it. To my surprise, the silky look disappeared and the stone instead flashes in all lights (although my cell phone pics seem to bring back the silk, lol). It shifts between green-blue to almost pure blue depending upon the lighting but most importantly, looks good in all lights. Total investment was $620 which was way less than the Montana sapphires I've been eying (not that its the same thing and I've never seen a Montana sapphire IRL but has definitely filled my desire for a teal sapphire).

Stone is a 1.86 ct (7.6 mm) teal sapphire from Madagascar, represented as unheated (no cert) from Chris A
Setting is 18k (over 4 grams)

tealsapphirering3__2_.jpg
tealsapphirering__3_.jpg
tealsapphiresetting__2_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and ring lilmosun :love: :love: :love: the color is mesmerizing.
Not stunning by PS standards? To me it's stunning by every standard. Please post your ring in the below 1,250 dollar thread. I cannot believe you paid such a good overall price.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful rings austinj and lilmosun! :love:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

I have a few stones I've never shared but am itching to set:

(faceted chrysoprase)

(my only orange stone)

(a sphene. A greener sphene is on my wish list as well....)

_28920.jpg

_28921.jpg

_28922.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

I also snapped up a fellow PSer's setting and set it with what I believe is a Dan Stair garnet (This is one of those stones I bought before I learned to keep better detailed records). As you might be able to see, the setting is a bit wonky, but I still love wearing it. ::)

_28923.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing Blingbunny!!
Beautiful stones :love:
I especially love that chrysoprase and the garnet ring.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks ricezo and Acinom! The more I wear this ring, the more I love it. But to explain my comments- I see the killer rings/stones others have like yourselves have so post knowing that mine aren't in the same league. But I am happy/fortunate that I can even afford what I have and its fun to share even if I feel like I need to justify in doing so, lol. Now that I have most of what I want in smaller beauties, maybe I can start saving for upgrades :love:

Blingbunny - love the colors on all your new stones...can't wait to see how you set them.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Bb, you've really been holding out! I don't see wonkiness at all in your ring - I see a pretty setting a well cut garnet which goes beautifully with the setting! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Lilmosun - you have an amazing collection that is definitely PS worthy so don't discount it please!! I've added a number of your pieces to my 'ring inspiration' folder, you are so creative!

Blungbunny - gorgeous stones! More details please! Especially that spess, it looks so glowy!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilmosun, that ring looks great! And blingbunny, love that stone in the setting! :)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks all for your kind comments! I've been a bad poster and have mostly been lurking without sharing any pics of my own, so I thought it was time to contribute.

Specs for ricezo (and ricezo, I love your ruby set posted above!)

chrysoprase - 2.51ct, Australia, from Brad -- Chrysoprase is typically cabbed, so having a faceted stone is pretty neat.

orange spess - 2.36ct/7.24mm, Nigeria -- Gene rated this 10/10 for color, so I jumped on it. I see this in 18k yellow gold with diamonds and claw prongs. Undecided whether the whole ring should be in YG or whether I should do a YG cup-basket-thingy with a WG shank /WG diamond halo.

sphene - 2.8ct, Madagascar -- Not top color, but still a fascinating stone that throws off red and green like nobody's business. So tempted to set this in a ring, though I'm sure that would be a disaster given how clumsy I am.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the specs! I really love your stones and I'm looking forward to seeing your various projects!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My current project .

imag3714_1.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1429889242|3867150 said:
My current project .

Niel - I love it!! details please!!!!