shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all OEC's L through OP! Please Share your Beauty!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My pretty is a 1.89ct American Cut, likely from the 1920s. I don’t have a lab report but it’s probably an L. I got it on eBay back in 2012.

Back then the big debate was “is J color too yellow” :lol-2: Now no one even blinks at J. And back then 2 cts was huge. Now it looks like 3-4 ct is no big deal! Funny how times change.

I never think about the color of my diamonds at all.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
For grins, I fell down the "I love lower color old cuts" rabbit hole, and now wear a GIA Q/R OMC :)
20230829_135747.jpg

And an S/T oec (from Adam)

Hold up, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE... not so fast... that ring you just popped up doesn't show up on ANY of your threads (I went sleuthing looking for all of the setting deets :lol:!) I need details, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Was this the same diamond set in that beautiful and intricate setting? In Platinum? We need more information, and I think I speak for the community :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Please share a link if I missed it!!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
My pretty is a 1.89ct American Cut, likely from the 1920s. I don’t have a lab report but it’s probably an L. I got it on eBay back in 2012.

Back then the big debate was “is J color too yellow” :lol-2: Now no one even blinks at J. And back then 2 cts was huge. Now it looks like 3-4 ct is no big deal! Funny how times change.

I never think about the color of my diamonds at all.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

THis is absolutely gorgeous

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Hold up, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE... not so fast... that ring you just popped up doesn't show up on ANY of your threads (I went sleuthing looking for all of the setting deets :lol:!) I need details, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Was this the same diamond set in that beautiful and intricate setting? In Platinum? We need more information, and I think I speak for the community :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Please share a link if I missed it!!

No. No thread, & not the same diamond....:) I'll put something up later today.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.3 something, supposed to be an O-P but I don't have a certificate
F573EF6A-13BE-45CA-8001-FF8ED30FA492.jpeg

I love everything about this, the faceting and that setting, an absolute dream :kiss2:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Below is a link to my 5.74 OMC, GIA N SI1. It’s currently being reset with Sako and I miss her so much!

SMTB post

All of these Stones are :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

And I can't wait to see your reset!! I LOVED your current setting, interested to see what you are doing next? Is it another Bezel? Your Stone is a STUNNER!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
My 3-stone has an L center, K sides, and the OMC is O/P. I love how the lower color stones appear different in various lighting.

IMG_9018.jpeg IMG_8990.jpeg

So BEAUTIFUL!! I have been LOVING the East West settings for an OMB, would you mind sharing her measurements?

maryred

Rough_Rock
So BEAUTIFUL!! I have been LOVING the East West settings for an OMB, would you mind sharing her measurements?

Thank you, I don’t mind at all! Measurements are 9.24 x 8.86 x 6.23 and weight is 3.57 cts.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I forgot that I also have this three stone. They are all M.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock

Shut up. OMG…. That setting is GORGEOUS!!!!!!:kiss2:

If you ever tire of her…. I only own one ring, and 9 naked fingers, that would LOVE to give her a home, lol! Seriously how do you not just sit and stare at that setting, and old mines to boot! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

That ring is…. WOW

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Shut up. OMG…. That setting is GORGEOUS!!!!!!:kiss2:

If you ever tire of her…. I only own one ring, and 9 naked fingers, that would LOVE to give her a home, lol! Seriously how do you not just sit and stare at that setting, and old mines to boot! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thanks! It is more if a special occasion ring for me, because I am afraid of losing stones. The prongs are so delicate and I’m not sure I trust them, but I don’t want to redo them. Just wouldn’t be the same.

I’m not selling her at the moment, but I’ll let you know if I do.
IMG_9658.jpeg

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
All of these Stones are :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

And I can't wait to see your reset!! I LOVED your current setting, interested to see what you are doing next? Is it another Bezel? Your Stone is a STUNNER!

You’re resetting? Need deets!!!

Hahaha, yes. I liked my old setting but the double bezel was really bothering me and I saw a gigantic antique cushion with tiny pear sides and I decided that’s what I wanted to have in my reset.

It felt nearly impossible to find matching antique pears so I reached out to Sako and commissioned his dad’s work to recut two antique pears from a modern pair. Below are a couple pics of what’s to come. I’m so nervous it’s going to be too bulky but Sako has been very reassuring and his work is just unbelievable.

685DF30D-E601-4017-8A87-4F083F0654BC.jpeg
92908FD5-1990-4AF4-8D11-D3E9D4936052.jpeg

Sorry to hijack your thread @TruLuv858 ! I’m so excited to follow your journey of what you find and decide to go with!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, yes. I liked my old setting but the double bezel was really bothering me and I saw a gigantic antique cushion with tiny pear sides and I decided that’s what I wanted to have in my reset.

It felt nearly impossible to find matching antique pears so I reached out to Sako and commissioned his dad’s work to recut two antique pears from a modern pair. Below are a couple pics of what’s to come. I’m so nervous it’s going to be too bulky but Sako has been very reassuring and his work is just unbelievable.

Sorry to hijack your thread @TruLuv858 ! I’m so excited to follow your journey of what you find and decide to go with!

Oh it’s gonna be fabulous!! Sako will cut that down by hand so much once the parts are cast and put together. I don’t think the final ring won’t be too bulky. Are the stones gonna be bright cut set?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

That is going to be crazy good. Can’t wait to see it!!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it’s gonna be fabulous!! Sako will cut that down by hand so much once the parts are cast and put together. I don’t think the final ring won’t be too bulky. Are the stones gonna be bright cut set?

Yikes! I meant to say that I don’t think the final ring will be too bulky!!! Bad typo! Posting while trying to put my 3 year to bed is not a good idea lol

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

no need to apologize!! I am so happy you shared!! Its going to be beautifu!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would add my stone to the mix, since I know some of you have been following. I had intended to share sooner, but decided to wait until my setting was complete from DK before creating an entire thread.

She is a GIA OP VS1, 10.49 x 10.86mm. She was sourced from Becca at 88 Star Jewels, who was absolutely lovely.

Here she is on my Hand to give you perspective:

IMG_2944.jpeg

Here is the Instagram link:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would add my stone to the mix, since I know some of you have been following. I had intended to share sooner, but decided to wait until my setting was complete from DK before creating an entire thread.

She is a GIA OP VS1, 10.49 x 10.86mm. She was sourced from Becca at 88 Star Jewels, who was absolutely lovely.

Here she is on my Hand to give you perspective:

IMG_2944.jpeg

Here is the Instagram link:

She’s so beautiful and bright!!! So happy you found your upgrade. Can’t wait to see her set! Congratulations!

ashdawnp

Rough_Rock
I have an L that I love! It’s my favorite cluster ring ever!
(*although I do reserve the right to change my mind at any given time)
IMG_9574.jpeg

Gorgeous what size is your oec in mm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results