shape
carat
color
clarity

CA Mom who gave birth to octuplets has SIX other kids at home under age 7!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 1:39:24 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Date: 2/6/2009 1:11:27 PM

Author: crown1

i was rather shocked when i saw her on the today show. i am asking if anyone else thought she looked like she had had injections in her lips? it appeared so to me. i got the sense she was going for the angelina jolie look. i wondered if that had something to do with the desire to have many children. i hope this is not offensive it is just a sense i got when i saw her. if i am wrong about the lips and this is just her look i am sorry to be judging her on her appearance. i am not thinking she is unattractive but that the look may have something to do with her motive to be like a ''movie star''.

This is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw her this morning - I thought she looked like Angelina Jolie!! Lip injections didn''t occur to me, but I did think they were rather plump and she really reminded me of Jolie.

I was totally surprised to see her give any sort of interview, let alone an ''exclusive'' interview to NBC. I thought it was really interesting the things the doctors on the show said after watching her interview segment. They said the woman is in denial and is going the total wrong thing to fill a void by having children. They also said she''s being unreasonable and in denial about how much effort it''s going to take. I know some of you talked about the breast feeding time and all, but the doctors even talked about how much time parents have to devote to children when it comes to homework, etc... let alone the fact that when you have multiples like this, there''s a good chance some of them will have physical or developmental disabilities, when means even more time which has to be devoted to helping them through that.

FI hadn''t seen this story until this morning. He couldn''t believe it when I told him all 14 children were through IVF.

the interview made her seem totally in another world to me. who would even think of going back to school with 14 children to care for. who especially would consider such a thing when 8 of those were such low birth weights and needing so much care. i can not fathom who would want to encourage this woman in any way. the children are here and need to be loved and cared for but the woman needs counseling and to stay out of the public eye. she only makes herself sound less responsible with her words. she is seeking attention imho. if she gets it who knows what else she will do?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 1:55:45 PM

the interview made her seem totally in another world to me. who would even think of going back to school with 14 children to care for. who especially would consider such a thing when 8 of those were such low birth weights and needing so much care. i can not fathom who would want to encourage this woman in any way. the children are here and need to be loved and cared for but the woman needs counseling and to stay out of the public eye. she only makes herself sound less responsible with her words. she is seeking attention imho. if she gets it who knows what else she will do?
I agree. From what I saw, she is not grounded in reality. She should have ALREADY been able to afford them when she set out to do the invitro. She needs a mental eval.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I just read an article that says she was wed in 1996 and divorced in 2008!! It also said her back injury (work related) was the cause of the dissolution to her marriage! Where is this husband? I do not know much about IVF, but if you are married (which it states she was during all the pregnancies) does the husband have to go through some sort of pre- IVF counseling too? Or have any say at all?

I agree she needs a serious mental evaluation. I don''t think money solves everything, but with 14 children how does she honestly expect to pay for them NOW and how long are her "friends, family and church" going to help out before putting themselves out?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 2:04:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 2/6/2009 1:55:45 PM

I agree. From what I saw, she is not grounded in reality. She should have ALREADY been able to afford them when she set out to do the invitro. She needs a mental eval.
Ditto. I agree.

She reminded me of Angelina Jolie too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I''ve withheld judgement until we had more information. Now that we do... that woman is off her freaking rocker.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:08:03 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay so I''ve withheld judgement until we had more information. Now that we do... that woman is off her freaking rocker.

Ditto. It absolutely would not surprise me if she WAS trying to be Angelina! How freaking insane.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this woman
29.gif
i''m speechless
29.gif

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
if you have had 6 children in 7 years, you are not infertile. i do not know ANY doctor who would impregnate a woman yearly with ivf. sooo very strange. it took us 5 years to have our 4th child(they call it secondary infertility if you already have a child/children) i recall dh having to sign something, don''t know what, about providing his contribution...i heard that the sperm provider was "overwhelmed" and adjusting and that he could be in the children''s lives when he is ready(i think that the mother said this in her interview) because apparentlly he is not currently involved with the first six children?

i am appalled and truly wish that these 8 babies along with their 6 siblings were adopted into loving, worthy homes that could provide for them.

is this family from iraq? i am curious and wondering if she wanted her children to be american citizens?

i also think she has had plastic surgery(ie nose and lips) which is an aside but given their financial issues, etc, she seems like a very odd, unstable bird.

in the interview, she said that she holds her babies and gives them HERSELF, which is something many parents do, but many parents do not? HUH? what about basics, like food, shelter, clothing, medical needs? holding them won''t keep them from starving to death...

dh and i work very hard to provide for our five children. dh is very successful but it is EXPENSIVE to have a large family. it saddens me that there are soo many couples who truly must do without becoming parents because they cannot afford it(fertility treatments or adoption)

God bless those children

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it was interesting that she says she came from a dysfunctional family YET she is hoping they will help support her
20.gif
Okaaay...I do think it was odd any doctor would be a party to this. For one, medically speaking, doctors like you to have 12 months IN BETWEEN pregnancies (NOT babies). I cannot imagine what her blood work would show! Talk about the trauma of being preggo for 7 straight YEARS! I wonder if the "father" will come forward. They said it was one donor for all of her children. BTW she is nuts if she thinks all you have to do to be a good parent is give yourself. Of course love is critical (and probably the most important) but there is more than that like a STABLE life. Scary SHE wants to be a therapist.
23.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I know what we paid for IVF and I couldn't imagine doing so that many times. Also, I know what was said to us by the doctors. The topic of selective reduction was one of the first things we were informed of, but we never implanted EIGHT embryos in the first place. The doctor has some serious ethical issues in all of this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 11:45:28 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I know what we paid for IVF and I couldn''t imagine doing so that many times. Also, I know what was said to us by the doctors. The topic of selective reduction was one of the first things we were informed of, but we never implanted EIGHT embryos in the first place. The doctor has some serious ethical issues in all of this.
I hear you. I really want to hear from her Doc... She sure is missing a few crayons as far as I am concerned. I am worried about all her kids.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what we paid for IVF and I couldn''t imagine doing so that many times. Also, I know what was said to us by the doctors. The topic of selective reduction was one of the first things we were informed of, but we never implanted EIGHT embryos in the first place. The doctor has some serious ethical issues in all of this.
Just for the record (though does it really matter at this point??), she stated in her interview it was 6, each time. Still way too many though.

Also, I have noticed the news stations picking up on the whole Angelina Jolie thing. They showed a picture of her this morning from highschool. She looks to have had not only lip work, but also her nose, which I had been wondering about. And she changed her name too.

Clearly, she''s got issues. I feel so badly for these kids....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still can''t wrap my head around this story. 8 newborns and 6 other little kids at home to take care of -- I can''t even begin to imagine what that must be like. Yikes!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
PURE SPECULATION HERE:

Do you think they gave her a hysterectomy after 8 babies being born? I know a uterus is made to stretch and all... but how on this green earth can it go back to PRE-Octuplet condition. Just seems like a medical neccessity...
33.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:15:55 AM
Author: tlh
PURE SPECULATION HERE:

Do you think they gave her a hysterectomy after 8 babies being born? I know a uterus is made to stretch and all... but how on this green earth can it go back to PRE-Octuplet condition. Just seems like a medical neccessity...
33.gif

I doubt she would agree to that. Have they done any indepth interviews with her doctor. I would love to hear what (s)he has to say!

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
I''ve avoided this thread because I don''t have anything nice to say. Perhaps the least volitile statement I can make about this woman is that she needs to be prosecuted. And if I was a Californian paying taxes so she and her illegitimate kids could get all this free medical care, I''d have had a stroke by now.

That aside, is it me or did anytone else think she looks like she''s had a lot of plastic surgery? The lips, nose, overall "frozen" appearance? is she addicted to that too?

I also agree whoever implanted her needs to be dealt with. Criminal.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
The entire situation makes me angry for a variety of different reasons.
I have decided to NOT watch any interviews/etc. with her. I don''t think anyone should pay her for any type of interview/ book deal/ tv show etc. We should all boycott any form of media with her in it. If nobody watches it, they''ll quit showing her, and she won''t be making money off of those children.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:36:20 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
The entire situation makes me angry for a variety of different reasons.
I have decided to NOT watch any interviews/etc. with her. I don''t think anyone should pay her for any type of interview/ book deal/ tv show etc. We should all boycott any form of media with her in it. If nobody watches it, they''ll quit showing her, and she won''t be making money off of those children.
I absolutely hear what you''re saying, but that''s the rub. If no one pays her for anything, how can she possibly afford the childrens necessities? It is such a mess.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I feel really bad for the grandmother. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29098465/
I mean, why should she have to raise all these kids and support them? If it''s true her dad is going to Iraq to earn more money, that just adds to it. These people are old enought they shouldn''t have to raise another family. It''s one thing to babysit once in a while, but I really feel like this girl is taking advantage of her parents. Then again, what can they do? Leave her out on the street with her kids?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what gets me from that msnbc article:

"The Web site posted photographs Sunday from inside Angela Suleman''s disheveled three-bedroom home, where Nadya and her brood also live. Heaps of clothing pour from an open closet door and a carpeted bedroom, where a bedsheet serves as a curtain, is cluttered with cribs.
Nadya Suleman''s publicist Mike Furtney said that his client has been away for nearly two months, so shouldn''t be held responsible for the home''s current condition."

Uh, hello...they point out she shouldn''t be held responsible because she''s been away for 2 months. Well, MAYBE she shouldn''t have gone and gotten pregnant in a high risk situation, thereby needing to take 2 MONTHS away from the 6 children she already has!

My god, I have one daughter and I get sick at the thought of leaving her for my business trips. I am already hating to leave her this week and I''m only gone for ONE NIGHT!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction. Holy moly, you couldn''t make a story like this up!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
With 14 kiddies, where will she put all the beds? Sure they can share cribs now but what about later
33.gif
, that''s still 7 bunk beds
32.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I feel so sorry for these children. I really hope DCF steps in here. I think there is a problem when your own mother says you are NOT capable of handling your own children. This is craziness. I agree with boycotting her interviews, books, or whatever "deals" she gets. I understand it wouldn''t help out the children in this situation, but then maybe, just maybe DCF will be forced to step in here. Families should not expect to be given "deals" or money to support their children and this case should not be an exception. If this wasn''t put out for the public as much as it has been someone would have stepped in already.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 9:21:52 AM
Author: Ellen

Just for the record (though does it really matter at this point??), she stated in her interview it was 6, each time. Still way too many though.

Also, I have noticed the news stations picking up on the whole Angelina Jolie thing. They showed a picture of her this morning from highschool. She looks to have had not only lip work, but also her nose, which I had been wondering about. And she changed her name too.

Clearly, she''s got issues. I feel so badly for these kids....
I saw a picture of her prior and she has had a bit of plastic surgery,,, yes nose , lips, and possibly other things.
Her hair looks very black and similiar to a style Angelina Jolie use to wear. I think there might be a link to the star and trying to mimic her - or maybe she thinks she "is" her. I wonder where she has found all the money for the plastic surgery, and time for beauty up keep ? Very ill... I feel so bad for those babies.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
This woman is absurd.

First of all, having 14 children and thinking you''ll be able to support them all on a counselors salary is total nonsense.

I hope DCFS steps up and takes the children away from her. She clearly has issues. She cannot raise these babies.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:18:53 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
This woman is absurd.

First of all, having 14 children and thinking you''ll be able to support them all on a counselors salary is total nonsense.

I hope DCFS steps up and takes the children away from her. She clearly has issues. She cannot raise these babies.
she is currently on disability because she "injured her back"

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:23:15 PM
Author: crystalheart1

Date: 2/9/2009 3:18:53 PM
This woman is absurd.

she is currently on disability because she ''injured her back''
Personally, I think if she can carry 8 babies in womb her back is just fine to work.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the new photos Radar has of the inside of their house? Food smeared on walls ... piles of kids clothes on closet floors, house floors ... beds on top of beds on top of beds. Their reporter called it "filthy". Its a SMALL house that''s already crowded with NINE people.
6.gif

But, you know, she *holds* them for 45 minutes A DAY so ... things -r- AOK.
38.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:38:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
Have you seen the new photos Radar has of the inside of their house? Food smeared on walls ... piles of kids clothes on closet floors, house floors ... beds on top of beds on top of beds. Their reporter called it ''filthy''. Its a SMALL house that''s already crowded with NINE people.
6.gif

38.gif
Maybe she should spend less money plumbing her lips (which are disgusting, by the way) and hire and professional cleaning lady. The house is flithy...I makes my skin crawl.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 3:57:15 PM

Have you seen the new photos Radar has of the inside of their house? Food smeared on walls ... piles of kids clothes on closet floors, house floors ... beds on top of beds on top of beds. Their reporter called it ''filthy''. Its a SMALL house that''s already crowded with NINE people.
6.gif

38.gif
Maybe she should spend less money plumbing her lips (which are disgusting, by the way) and hire and professional cleaning lady. The house is flithy...I makes my skin crawl.
I haven''t seen the HS photos so I don''t know if she has had surgery or not, but if she did, I''m beginning to think the Angelina theory has merit. I think she wants to become Angelina Jolie and having all these kids is part of the plan. Because that was probably easier to execute than finding a Brad Pitt.

It is so hard to refrain from being judgmental here but man oh man, does this all sound WACKY or what????

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 4:32:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/9/2009 3:57:15 PM

6.gif

38.gif
I haven''t seen the HS photos so I don''t know if she has had surgery or not, but if she did, I''m beginning to think the Angelina theory has merit. I think she wants to become Angelina Jolie and having all these kids is part of the plan. Because that was probably easier to execute than finding a Brad Pitt.

It is so hard to refrain from being judgmental here but man oh man, does this all sound WACKY or what????
BELIEVE ME those lips are not natural...neither is her nose...working in my line of business, I can spot plastic a mile away even when it''s good...these are not "good" jobs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results