shape
carat
color
clarity

CA Mom who gave birth to octuplets has SIX other kids at home under age 7!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485584,00.html

Oh my!!!
6.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
wow... I guess a v@gina can be a clown car.....
23.gif

who knew?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
ANS she still lives at home with her parents!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
At least (as of now) she is not trying to make money off her children!
20.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif

Well, that''s one soccer team+the three referees. On to the other team now!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 8:52:41 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
20.gif
No, not yet.....But just how is she going to pay for all these kids?

I''m sorry, this one one of THE most irresponsible things I''ve ever head. I have no words, that are nice.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:06:36 AM
Author: Ellen

20.gif

I'm sorry, this one one of THE most irresponsible things I've ever head. I have no words, that are nice.
My question is to the integrity of the fertility doctor that administered treatments to a single woman with 6 living and healthy children under 7 living at home with the support of her parents. I honestly wonder if she has a mental illness.... and question the DR for not recognizing this... was he just
22.gif
22.gif
???

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:09:22 AM
Author: tlh

20.gif

I''m sorry, this one one of THE most irresponsible things I''ve ever head. I have no words, that are nice.
My question is to the integrity of the fertility doctor that administered treatments to a single woman with 6 living and healthy children under 7 living at home with the support of her parents. I honestly wonder if she has a mental illness.... and question the DR for not recognizing this... was he just
22.gif
22.gif
???

I agree Ellen. I don''t understand why a "fairly young" woman with 6 kids would be on fertility treatments. Thl brings up a good point about the doctors. Wonder if the father was a donor. No mention of him. Obviously we have no idea about the financial situation of this family. Ed referred to their "big house."

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 8:58:03 AM
Author: AdiS
23.gif

Well, that's one soccer team+the three referees. On to the other team now!
FI and I were thinking of all the sports they would never have to try out for... My favorite: They can host their own 7 on 7 football games!!

ETA: Here's the yahoo article that has some quotes from the fertility doctor at the bottom.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:17:59 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 1/30/2009 8:58:03 AM
Author: AdiS
23.gif

Well, that''s one soccer team+the three referees. On to the other team now!
FI and I were thinking of all the sports they would never have to try out for... My favorite: They can host their own 7 on 7 football games!!

ETA: Here''s the yahoo article that has some quotes from the fertility doctor at the bottom.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/octuplets
lol now that sounds impressive!

I agree with Ellen though. I can''t say anything nice about that woman.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:09:22 AM

20.gif

22.gif
22.gif
???
A quote from the linked article.

"Doctors say they advise against higher-order births, but acknowledge the decision is not theirs to make.
"Who am I to say that six is the limit?" said Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg, medical director of Fertility Institutes, which has clinics in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York City. "There are people who like to have big families."
Dr. James Grifo, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the NYU School of Medicine, added: "I don''t think it''s our job to tell them how many babies they''re allowed to have. I am not a policeman for reproduction in the United States. My role is to educate patients."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, they can''t tell people how many kids to have. But if I were a doctor, and a single woman with 6 children, living with her parents, came in and asked for fertility treatments, I would tell her no. I believe doctors DO have that right. Yes?

So my vote here is on the money.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:17:56 AM

I agree Ellen. I don't understand why a 'fairly young' woman with 6 kids would be on fertility treatments. Thl brings up a good point about the doctors. Wonder if the father was a donor. No mention of him. Obviously we have no idea about the financial situation of this family. Ed referred to their 'big house.'
Well, young women can have problems, although SHE doesn't/didn't seem to. I don't understand why she'd even want any more.
33.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love kids, I have kids. lol But 6 is a handful as it is....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bet going with my hubby that the only reason she did this was so that she could get a show on TLC like Jon & Kate +8 or the Duggers or that other weird family with 12 kids. I bet she told the fertility Doc she would split any profits in order to get the treatments. LOL, am I cynical or what?!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:38:16 AM
Author: Catmom
I have a bet going with my hubby that the only reason she did this was so that she could get a show on TLC like Jon & Kate +8 or the Duggers or that other weird family with 12 kids. I bet she told the fertility Doc she would split any profits in order to get the treatments. LOL, am I cynical or what?!
YES!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a vagina, ma'am, not a clown car.
20.gif

ETA: haha, TLH, looks like great minds think alike, I just noticed you posted the same sentiment!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 9:46:45 AM
Author: monarch64
It''s a vagina, ma''am, not a clown car.
20.gif

ETA: haha, TLH, looks like great minds think alike, I just noticed you posted the same sentiment!
Ha! Yes, apparantly so.
12.gif

I also read the Dr''s quote and I feel that he couldn''t have done MUCH educationg... or LISTENING for that matter... Let''s do the math! Ready, OK!

6 children all under the age of 7. Umm.. lets say 1 a year? ok... it takes 9 months to have a baby? So she waited.... 3-6 months and said, OMG I CAN''T GET PREGNANT!

But wait... She''s single... so did she say... please hook me up w/ my sperm popcicle please!
Then they loaded her up full of embreyos like a gumball machine... and then WOWZA, 8 babies later.... and we don''t even know if they have CP, or any other birth defects.

I really find this whole thing a shame. I don''t care HOW many babies you WANT to have, when you load your belly up like that... you jeapardize those children coming out UNHEALTHY, with DEFORMITIES, and some may not even make it. Seems like someone needs to be responsible...and less selfish. I also think that she wasn''t raising those 6 children ALONE. Her parents were helping... and how is she able to take care of/insure these babies? John Q Taxpayer? I don''t know...

OK... Sorry. My point is...TO THE DOCTOR how much educating can you do with someone who has just been trying... WITHOUT A PARTNER! For 3-6 months. (It would take me that long, umm if I were still single, to find A DATE!) I dont call that trying to have a baby. And at 20-40K for fertility treatments, I highly suspect MONEY was a motive.

Focker OUT!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think the craziest kink of all, is that is an unwed mother of 6 children already...why, why, why would she possibly think adding another 8 would be a good idea??? Wasn''t rasining 6 on her own hard enough? Why compound the issue? She sounds like she either has serious mental issues, or she wants to turn a profit off her baby-making ability.

I though it was also funny when her father said "we have a huge house, not this one, where we will go when the babies are allowed to come home...and you will never find them"....ummmm, I doubt it.

Although, on a side note, since I do not personally **like** Kate (of Jon & Kate +8 fame) it would be funny to see TLC cancel her show to make room for a single mom of 15 kids...bet that''s something they will consider...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:31:34 AM

Ha! Yes, apparantly so.
12.gif

I also read the Dr's quote and I feel that he couldn't have done MUCH educationg... or LISTENING for that matter... Let's do the math! Ready, OK!

6 children all under the age of 7. Umm.. lets say 1 a year? ok... it takes 9 months to have a baby? So she waited.... 3-6 months and said, OMG I CAN'T GET PREGNANT!

But wait... She's single... so did she say... please hook me up w/ my sperm popcicle please!
Then they loaded her up full of embreyos like a gumball machine... and then WOWZA, 8 babies later.... and we don't even know if they have CP, or any other birth defects.

I really find this whole thing a shame. I don't care HOW many babies you WANT to have, when you load your belly up like that... you jeapardize those children coming out UNHEALTHY, with DEFORMITIES, and some may not even make it. Seems like someone needs to be responsible...and less selfish. I also think that she wasn't raising those 6 children ALONE. Her parents were helping... and how is she able to take care of/insure these babies? John Q Taxpayer? I don't know...

OK... Sorry. My point is...TO THE DOCTOR how much educating can you do with someone who has just been trying... WITHOUT A PARTNER! For 3-6 months. (It would take me that long, umm if I were still single, to find A DATE!) I dont call that trying to have a baby. And at 20-40K for fertility treatments, I highly suspect MONEY was a motive.

Focker OUT!
She has 2 yr old twins!!! That should be enought to stop anyone from adding 8 more!!
32.gif

I think the article said 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, and 2. But I could be mistaken, one child may be 3 instead of 5.

Does anyone else not agree that the parents are huge enablers here? This is not all the doctors fault. She has 2 other people that are willing to do anything to help. Talk about missing a few crayons... Why in the world would they think this is a good idea??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:44:40 AM

She has 2 yr old twins!!! That should be enought to stop anyone from adding 8 more!!
32.gif

I think the article said 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, and 2. But I could be mistaken, one child may be 3 instead of 5.

Does anyone else not agree that the parents are huge enablers here? This is not all the doctors fault. She has 2 other people that are willing to do anything to help. Talk about missing a few crayons... Why in the world would they think this is a good idea??
I agree. I think it''s fairly safe to say all three have some issues.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is just beyond irresponsible...on both the doctor and woman''s side. She can''t even support the 6 she already has, why would she want to add to her struggles? And what man is going to want to take on a wife and 14 children? Unless she makes some kind of money off of it that is. Some people need help and the doctor needs to take a hard look at himself for agreeing to this nonsense.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:51:07 AM

Date: 1/30/2009 10:44:40 AM

32.gif

I agree. I think it''s fairly safe to say all three have some issues.
Definitely!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:56:39 AM
Author: steph72276
It is just beyond irresponsible...on both the doctor and woman''s side. She can''t even support the 6 she already has, why would she want to add to her struggles? And what man is going to want to take on a wife and 14 children? Unless she makes some kind of money off of it that is. Some people need help and the doctor needs to take a hard look at himself for agreeing to this nonsense.
Ditto!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock

I find this whole situation with this woman to be appalling. It was one thing when they said *someone* had 8 babies, but to find out she has six more little children at home!

I’m not even sure that makes me mad the most… I think the fact that she STILL lives with her parents and there is no mention of the father of all of these children. It makes me absolutely sick that a doctor allowed her to do this knowing she had 2 year old twins, especially when there are so many women on PS (and around the world) that are trying so hard to have children and can’t and have to wait at least a YEAR of trying before they will be considered for fertility treatments.

OK. vent over.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Can. Not. Fathom.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

DITTO.

Why seek fertility treatment when you already have several children?
Astonishing.
38.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

I really hope she doesn''t get her own show or make money off of them! I know it''s probably bound to happen, but I really hate the idea. I also, really don''t like John & Kate plus 8 and feel like they are doing it only for the money (I guess what other reason is there to broadcast your life?). I cannot stop thinking about this woman AND her parents and what in the world they were thinking. I will be so pissed if she makes money off of how irresponsible she is...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I feel terrible for the children and I have to wonder how much they will be neglected. It is beyond irresponsible, this is twisted.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You know, I don''t judge women getting treatments after 6 kids... but dont they usually get their tubes TIED???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 12:24:07 PM
You know, I don't judge women getting treatments after 6 kids... but dont they usually get their tubes TIED???
I'd be much less inclined to, if she was married, and they lived in their own home, and could afford the children (though it would take quite a salary to raise 14 kids). But this situation is entirely different.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 12:26:22 PM

Date: 1/30/2009 12:24:07 PM
You know, I don''t judge women getting treatments after 6 kids... but dont they usually get their tubes TIED???
I''d be much less inclined to, if she was married, and they lived in their own home, and could afford the children (though it would take quite a salary to raise 14 kids). But this situation is entirely different.
I know.
2.gif
I''m just being silly. In all honesty, I am too APPALLED to say anything nice. As I figure this woman is suffering from a serious mental illness. So I just figured I''d be uplifting.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results