shape
carat
color
clarity

CA Mom who gave birth to octuplets has SIX other kids at home under age 7!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
without a doubt. In fact that was my first thought when I saw that the donations destination was the PR firm. I''m sure they''re taking their cut off of the top of what comes in. Honestly though, I don''t think she can be trusted with any amount of money....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:30:54 AM
Author: meresal
Date: 2/12/2009 10:16:33 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
from what they said on Dr. Phil yesterday, the donations and contributions from companies havn''t come in. She hasn''t gotten anything thus far. No one wants to be seen as encouraging this.
How long until the PR firm drops her? I assume her contract is based on a percentage of her ''earnings/donations''.
Well that PR firm was trying to get her 2 million for her first interview ... Oprah, CBS & ABC dropped out but NBC didn''t. They claim they didn''t pay but its fishy. They may have "donated" through an outside company. So she may already have over a million from this debacle -- which should really go directly to Kaiser Permanente ... where her bill will top 1.5million by the time those kids are discharged. The hospital is trying to get California''s "poor people" medical fund pay for them. Pay for the care of kids conceived in a $165,000 medical proceedure with a fund meant for the truly needy???? UNREAL.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:36:10 AM
Author: decodelighted

from what they said on Dr. Phil yesterday, the donations and contributions from companies havn''t come in. She hasn''t gotten anything thus far. No one wants to be seen as encouraging this.

How long until the PR firm drops her? I assume her contract is based on a percentage of her ''earnings/donations''.

Well that PR firm was trying to get her 2 million for her first interview ... Oprah, CBS & ABC dropped out but NBC didn''t. They claim they didn''t pay but its fishy. They may have ''donated'' through an outside company. So she may already have over a million from this debacle -- which should really go directly to Kaiser Permanente ... where her bill will top 1.5million by the time those kids are discharged. The hospital is trying to get California''s ''poor people'' medical fund pay for them. Pay for the care of kids conceived in a $165,000 medical proceedure with a fund meant for the truly needy???? UNREAL.

Yeah, I read that they''d already submitted a claim... and I also read that she used the disability money from the state for her disabled children to fund her IVF.

This story gets more and more ridiculous.

HOW can this happen? I know it''s been asked before, but I just can''t wrap my head around it.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I have no words for how truly disappointing this is on all accounts. I live in California and I read this morning that the hospital bill will likely be 1.3 mil at least and will most likely be paid by Ca. taxpayers. Sooooo disappointing.
8.gif
I''m very sad for all those children.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Everytime I hear more on the story I just do this:
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
. I can't even put any nice words together to say about it.
29.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I''m in California too and feel that we, as taxpayers, should not pay for her decision to have babies that she could not afford. She''s a leach to society. She''s a modern beggar. She now uses the internet to raise funds for her kids! Last night, on the news, there was a lady (I think it was her PR person) who was promoting this website saying things like, "Many are supporters of her and are donating to the ''cause''. For those of you who are opposed to the ''cause'' just think what $1.00 could do for the kids. If everyone just donated $1.00 to her, she won''t have to depend on public assistance." OMG. I can''t beleive that. You don''t see me, or most sane people asking the rest of the country for $1.00! GOOD GRIEF
38.gif

Date: 2/12/2009 12:06:06 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
I have no words for how truly disappointing this is on all accounts. I live in California and I read this morning that the hospital bill will likely be 1.3 mil at least and will most likely be paid by Ca. taxpayers. Sooooo disappointing.
8.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Have you guys seen this? I almost threw up in my mouth (scroll down a bit for the pics)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/12/nadya-sulemans-ocutplet-p_n_166276.html

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, while she has denied plastic surgery, her neighbors have commented that she left one day prior to having the babies and came back with HUGE lips and her nails done. It''s like she was prepping for the media attention. So sick. Her lips are GROTESQUE!!! Blegh!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/11/octuplet-mom-nadya-sulema_n_166030.html

Suleman no doubt needs help. She has no income, is $50,000 in debt. She also receives $490 a month in food stamps and receives about $600 in disability payments a month for each of the three of her older six children with disabilities. One has ADHD, one had a speech impediment and one has autism, according to NBC''s "Dateline" special.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a legitimate question. Is ADHD really a disorder one can claim disability for outside of Medicaid for prescriptions?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
It''s really sad, this whole thing. I worry for the uncertain future of those babies.
15.gif

BTW: That is one big belly...

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:29:34 PM
Author: tradergirl
Have you guys seen this? I almost threw up in my mouth (scroll down a bit for the pics)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/12/nadya-sulemans-ocutplet-p_n_166276.html
23.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:53:20 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Date: 2/12/2009 1:29:34 PM

Author: tradergirl

23.gif

WOW!!!

I am so saddened by this whole story. Every time a new detail unfolds I feel more ill for those poor kids!
39.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:28:57 PM
Author: MommaBear
I''m in California too and feel that we, as taxpayers, should not pay for her decision to have babies that she could not afford. She''s a leach to society. She''s a modern beggar. She now uses the internet to raise funds for her kids! Last night, on the news, there was a lady (I think it was her PR person) who was promoting this website saying things like, ''Many are supporters of her and are donating to the ''cause''. For those of you who are opposed to the ''cause'' just think what $1.00 could do for the kids. If everyone just donated $1.00 to her, she won''t have to depend on public assistance.'' OMG. I can''t beleive that. You don''t see me, or most sane people asking the rest of the country for $1.00! GOOD GRIEF
38.gif

8.gif
I''d donate 0.02 if they would make sure she got some serious therapy.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm in California too and feel that we, as taxpayers, should not pay for her decision to have babies that she could not afford. She's a leach to society. She's a modern beggar. She now uses the internet to raise funds for her kids! Last night, on the news, there was a lady (I think it was her PR person) who was promoting this website saying things like, 'Many are supporters of her and are donating to the 'cause'. For those of you who are opposed to the 'cause' just think what $1.00 could do for the kids. If everyone just donated $1.00 to her, she won't have to depend on public assistance.' OMG. I can't beleive that. You don't see me, or most sane people asking the rest of the country for $1.00! GOOD GRIEF
38.gif

8.gif
I'm very sad for all those children.

What do these people consider public assistance??? Where the heck to you think the $1 is coming from?!?!
29.gif
I am beyond words at this point. I'm sure we can all tune into PBS tonight to hear, "For just $1 a month, you can bail this mother out..."
Tradergirl- I'm actually scared to look at the link you posted.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:36:10 AM
Author: decodelighted

Well that PR firm was trying to get her 2 million for her first interview ... Oprah, CBS & ABC dropped out but NBC didn''t. They claim they didn''t pay but its fishy. They may have ''donated'' through an outside company. So she may already have over a million from this debacle -- which should really go directly to Kaiser Permanente ... where her bill will top 1.5million by the time those kids are discharged. The hospital is trying to get California''s ''poor people'' medical fund pay for them. Pay for the care of kids conceived in a $165,000 medical proceedure with a fund meant for the truly needy???? UNREAL.
deco- I forgot about the payments for interviews. Did they say why the other shows dropped out? Too high a price or moral dilemmas?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
there is something seriously wrong with the way welfare is run in this country. This woman will get plenty of cash for her kids, at the taxpayer''s expense, but I have a friend who is a single working mom of one who was denied food stamps. She works full time but was told her monthly income was $5.00 (yes, five dollars, actually it was less than that) too high. She appealed and lost. Sigh. Makes no sense.

I hope these kids are placed in loving homes where they can get the attention they deserve. There are so many willing families out there who would love to adopt them. It makes me sad to think she will keep them all. She does seem very mentally ill but also very,very selfish. The more I hear of this story the more angry I get.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 2:36:52 PM

I''m in California too and feel that we, as taxpayers, should not pay for her decision to have babies that she could not afford. She''s a leach to society. She''s a modern beggar. She now uses the internet to raise funds for her kids! Last night, on the news, there was a lady (I think it was her PR person) who was promoting this website saying things like, ''Many are supporters of her and are donating to the ''cause''. For those of you who are opposed to the ''cause'' just think what $1.00 could do for the kids. If everyone just donated $1.00 to her, she won''t have to depend on public assistance.'' OMG. I can''t beleive that. You don''t see me, or most sane people asking the rest of the country for $1.00! GOOD GRIEF
38.gif

8.gif

What do these people consider public assistance??? Where the heck to you think the $1 is coming from?!?!
29.gif
I am beyond words at this point. I''m sure we can all tune into PBS tonight to hear, ''For just $1 a month, you can bail this mother out...''
Tradergirl- I''m actually scared to look at the link you posted.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Money coming from the public is public assistance! Food stamps= public assistance.
20.gif

I am watching a NEW dr phil that continues from yesterday. They are about to discuss her plastic surgery (or if she had it). I am sure they will say she didn''t and it is from the baby weight... but we''ll see.
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
This woman really needs to be professionally evaluated. IMO only a mental illness can explain her actions. Unreal.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Perez Hilton is saying that she is trying to emulate Angelina in every way. By that I mean looks and babies! If this the case then the authorities really need to act on this now to make sure that there are proper psychological testing done as part of the work up for IVF

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speechless! I want another baby terribly, but we''re barely scraping by as it is w/2 kids, so we''ll either wait until we''re more stable financially or just be happy with 2-no WAY would I expect other people to support me and my family just b/c I want another baby-that''s ludicrous! How do people end up w/such a sense of entitlement like that? I just don''t get it! And to purposely have that many babies at one time-what kind of mother does that? Why would you purposely subject your kids to such a great risk of developmental problems, for no reason than just because? I feel so bad for those kids. They should all be taken away and given loving homes and she should be put away.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It just gets curiouser and curiouser..... Remember how she said she wasn't trying to emmulate Angelina, didn't think about her? Seems she wasn't telling the truth. While Dadya isn't funny, the video kind of is.
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Have you all heard about the issue with her church? You know, the church that was supposedly behind her and going to help her with her litter... Apparently they have no affiliation with her what-so-ever. Someone needs to lock this crazy broad up!!!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results