shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
**Has anybody project got finished last week? Emily emailed me last week saying my ring was ready. I verified my address (the same time I asked about their lab diamonds) and I haven't gotten any info on tracking. I tried emailing her yesterday and today but it said her mailbox was full. So I reached out to her on Alibaba instead. It shouldn't take this long for them to ship them if it finished last week, should it? how long has it been taking for most of you guys? It's never taken this long to shipped out once they've finished before.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
**Has anybody project got finished last week? Emily emailed me last week saying my ring was ready. I verified my address (the same time I asked about their lab diamonds) and I haven't gotten any info on tracking. I tried emailing her yesterday and today but it said her mailbox was full. So I reached out to her on Alibaba instead. It shouldn't take this long for them to ship them if it finished last week, should it? how long has it been taking for most of you guys? It's never taken this long to shipped out once they've finished before.

Hi, yes my earrings were completed last week, and I’ve got them yesterday. My contact person is Ella, and I’m located in Europe.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Right! That and added on to some other projects that didn't come out well, I'm starting to become weary of them. I don't want to push my luck any further after I get my solitaire.

Isn't Annabella the rude rep? The one that worked on the champagne ACC in YG that we're referencing? If I ever get anything from Tianyu, I will avoid working with her.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Quick question - I have a OEC that I ordered from Tianyu and really like it. But I am wondering about Tianyu’s OEC compared to Starsgem OEC. Does anyone here have both? Can anyone let me know which is cut more beautifully or are they the same?

TIA!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to remember where I recently read this so I could link it here, but someone explained why French cuts are not as brilliant and can at times look a bit opaque. Essentially we need to think of them as rose cuts - they do not have a table that allows light into the stone to bounce around and reflect back out. Instead the faceting reflects light straight back at us. There was something else about the way the pavilion is faceted as well, but I can't recall it exactly. They are less brilliant when clean, and then can look opaque from dirt and oil when not clean. That explanation was talking about diamonds, and as we've seen is accurate for moissies as well.

This is true; French cuts look opaque and have a different sparkle. This is a diamond version but same idea.

Click to enlarge:
6D860896-53F0-492C-B687-E01BADC349F1.jpeg 458FDABE-7D80-459B-B233-761F37CE6E43.jpeg 94C7F6CA-600F-41F8-AC7B-77A7C07BEBDF.jpeg

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi, yes my earrings were completed last week, and I’ve got them yesterday. My contact person is Ella, and I’m located in Europe.

Another lady told me hers got done last week (after mine) and she'll about to get her either today or tomorrow. Emily told me it's because DHL is back up because it's the holiday. I want to believe that but everybody is getting tracking number and all that except me...So I'll keep waiting. If I don't get some sort of info by the end of this week then I'll see about reaching out to Alibaba. Because I paid mine through Alibaba and they have a certain time to prove they sent it. If they sent it, shouldn't they have the tracking number from DHL? I mean at least I'll know it's in process sitting somewhere.

Isn't Annabella the rude rep? The one that worked on the champagne ACC in YG that we're referencing? If I ever get anything from Tianyu, I will avoid working with her.

She seems to be the one most people are having issues with. Yea, I would be too scare to work with me as well. Tianyu's rounds are gorgeous, too bad they're having some growing pains.

Hi Everyone,

Quick question - I have a OEC that I ordered from Tianyu and really like it. But I am wondering about Tianyu’s OEC compared to Starsgem OEC. Does anyone here have both? Can anyone let me know which is cut more beautifully or are they the same?

TIA!
Hi, I had both. SG's OEC facets are thinner. Tianyu's have thicker facets. It depends on your taste.

This is SG's OEC's closer view:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU55RSHgPP/

The top is SG's and the bottom is Tianyu's:
go to https://vimeo.com / 284949523 (but without the space). The video will be too small on here.

I got a second OEC from Tianyu (the flower pedals on my first from them in the video were too thick for mine liking) and I like it a lot more. This is my second and current one:

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

go to https://vimeo.com / 284949523 (but without the space). The video will be too small on here.

I got a second OEC from Tianyu (the flower pedals on my first from them in the video were too thick for mine liking) and I like it a lot more. This is my second and current one:

Wowzers! That OEC is gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Another lady told me hers got done last week (after mine) and she'll about to get her either today or tomorrow. Emily told me it's because DHL is back up because it's the holiday. I want to believe that but everybody is getting tracking number and all that except me...So I'll keep waiting. If I don't get some sort of info by the end of this week then I'll see about reaching out to Alibaba. Because I paid mine through Alibaba and they have a certain time to prove they sent it. If they sent it, shouldn't they have the tracking number from DHL? I mean at least I'll know it's in process sitting somewhere.

She seems to be the one most people are having issues with. Yea, I would be too scare to work with me as well. Tianyu's rounds are gorgeous, too bad they're having some growing pains.

Hi, I had both. SG's OEC facets are thinner. Tianyu's have thicker facets. It depends on your taste.

Ok so comparing to my OEC it looks similar. I’m quite happy with Tianyu’s OEC.

Attachments

• file 2018-12-19, 8 46 16 am.txt
    57 bytes · Views: 70

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to remember where I recently read this so I could link it here, but someone explained why French cuts are not as brilliant and can at times look a bit opaque. Essentially we need to think of them as rose cuts - they do not have a table that allows light into the stone to bounce around and reflect back out. Instead the faceting reflects light straight back at us. There was something else about the way the pavilion is faceted as well, but I can't recall it exactly. They are less brilliant when clean, and then can look opaque from dirt and oil when not clean. That explanation was talking about diamonds, and as we've seen is accurate for moissies as well.

Thank you for the insight! I was considering a French cut band, but I might not get it. Maybe rather some dangling earrings with old cut pears of antique cushions.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is true; French cuts look opaque and have a different sparkle. This is a diamond version but same idea.

Click to enlarge:
6D860896-53F0-492C-B687-E01BADC349F1.jpeg 458FDABE-7D80-459B-B233-761F37CE6E43.jpeg 94C7F6CA-600F-41F8-AC7B-77A7C07BEBDF.jpeg
Thank you for posting the pics! It really gives me a peace of mind! Unfortunately we haven’t had any sun in the last few days, so I hadn’t had the opportunity to have a look at them in the sun. I hope they perform better. But in any case, I’m revealed, I hadn’t bought real diamond French cut earrings, I would be disappointed with them.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the insight! I was considering a French cut band, but I might not get it. Maybe rather some dangling earrings with old cut pears of antique cushions.
I think the French cuts, tapered baguettes and the crushed ice/canary colored stones have been disappointing so far in moissanite as far as performance. My favorites are still the elongated ACC, the H&A rounds and the OEC’s. I thought the oval brilliant was ok but it definitely looks like a moissanite and nothing like a diamond (if that is important to you).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the French cuts, tapered baguettes and the crushed ice/canary colored stones have been disappointing so far in moissanite as far as performance.

I had a tourmaline set in a ring with a pear moissanite on each side. Ugh. The facets get so squished- looking at the pointy end. (Yes, I'm very technical! :lol:)

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I think the French cuts, tapered baguettes and the crushed ice/canary colored stones have been disappointing so far in moissanite as far as performance. My favorites are still the elongated ACC, the H&A rounds and the OEC’s. I thought the oval brilliant was ok but it definitely looks like a moissanite and nothing like a diamond (if that is important to you).

@swaye2010 which vendor makes the best elongated ACC In your opinion?

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I did six stones for full finger coverage, but here is mine.

2ADEA1A2-529A-4BF6-924D-FD334958B4AE.jpeg
BF964457-3B9E-459E-9EEA-BB2901EAF9D9.jpeg
4BEC4045-3F24-4A79-97C3-20152B8D1CF8.jpeg
C84A9BFD-7A18-45AD-B852-447F77BC8384.jpeg

I love how this six stone came out :love:
Is this setting just as comfortable as your 5 stone ACC from DK? I have been looking at 5 or 6 stones for awhile and I love this.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love how this six stone came out :love:
Is this setting just as comfortable as your 5 stone ACC from DK? I have been looking at 5 or 6 stones for awhile and I love this.
DK’s five stone was definitely more comfortable, but this one isn’t uncomfortable. It’s more like, I am aware it is on my finger whereas the DK version felt like nothing at all.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DK’s five stone was definitely more comfortable, but this one isn’t uncomfortable. It’s more like, I am aware it is on my finger whereas the DK version felt like nothing at all.

Did you keep the DK one too? Both rings are beautiful. I love how the setting of the DK one. I have smaller fingers so a 5 stone would be perfect.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you keep the DK one too? Both rings are beautiful. I love how the setting of the DK one. I have smaller fingers so a 5 stone would be perfect.
I didn’t because my white gold sensitivity finally became a blistering allergy. So I had Tianyu make this one for me in platinum.

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I didn’t because my white gold sensitivity finally became a blistering allergy. So I had Tianyu make this one for me in platinum.

Oh bummer! I never saw it for sale. I would have snapped that beauty up.

AudreyHepburn

Rough_Rock
This Tco style ring turned out gorgeous! Was this from a cad design or stock ring they already sell?

Unfortunately after 34 years my body has decided to go from "lower quality items with higher amounts of nickel cause a little rash" to "even high-end white gold items with low amounts of nickel cause skin peeling". Nearly all of my jewelry is white gold. :cry2:

So I had Tianyu make me a platinum Tiffany-inspired setting and it arrived yesterday. They did a fabulous job with it and I am thrilled. I had them include a stone with the intention of swapping it with Shimmer, and then selling my old DK e-ring with the new OEC... but I honestly like this new stone so much that I'm conflicted. I'll have to spend some more time with it before I decide. =)2

I had them the set the stone just a touch higher and do rounded claw prongs. Stone is a 7.5mm F color OEC.

fullsizeoutput_5eaa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eab.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5eac.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5ea7.jpeg

Shimmer on top, new OEC on the bottom:

fullsizeoutput_5ea5.jpeg

The new stone has a similar facet pattern to Shimmer, just a taller crown and smaller table. I love a big, tall crown so I'm really tempted to keep the new one.

Now I get to start the heartbreaking task of cleaning all of my white gold jewelry and listing it for sale, so that I can start replacing it with platinum pieces. :cry2::cry2::cry2:[/

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I got my solitaire ring from Tianyu and the design is probably how I’ve always imagine my kind of knife edge ring would look. I was worry they wouldn’t do it justice, but in the end I lloovvee the setting^_^ I asked for the thick arrows as the stone. It doesn’t quite look like thick arrows, but it’s still super sparkly so for the most part, I’m pretty happy with how it turns out.

I’m in a warm room with a green sweater so don’t pay too much attention on how the stone look in this room.

IMG_20181221_161809.jpg IMG_20181221_161834.jpg IMG_20181221_161848.jpg IMG_20181221_144736.jpg IMG_20181221_144742.jpg IMG_20181221_144749.jpg

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:
I got my solitaire ring from Tianyu and the design is probably how I’ve always imagine my kind of knife edge ring would look. I was worry they wouldn’t do it justice, but in the end I lloovvee the setting^_^ I asked for the thick arrows as the stone. It doesn’t quite look like thick arrows, but it’s still super sparkly so for the most part, I’m pretty happy with how it turns out.

I’m in a warm room with a green sweater so don’t pay too much attention on how the stone look in this room.

IMG_20181221_161809.jpg IMG_20181221_161834.jpg IMG_20181221_161848.jpg IMG_20181221_144736.jpg IMG_20181221_144742.jpg IMG_20181221_144749.jpg

Simply beautiful! I may get this style with a OEC. In the last two months I’ve ordered 3 rings.....this is getting out of control!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
:lol:

Simply beautiful! I may get this style with a OEC. In the last two months I’ve ordered 3 rings.....this is getting out of control!

Haha, I've thought about doing that with an OEC as well. Maybe the next one:D I hear you about it being out of control. I've purchased a lot from both Tianyu and Stars Gem. I think 4-ish with SG and 5-ish with Tianyu.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
i am so close to pulling the trigger and purchasing something from Tianyu, a style that I’ve seen them execute a bunch of times. Though it looks great, there is something off about it, and I can’t quite put my finger on it.

this is from Tianyu:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnk8VWkhepi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4zy60m6w9oro

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpoNRqVHPJl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11ojo99zofj8b

this is essentially the same style, but from Moissaniteco: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZGC9v2nKSG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19mrocoql0g11

I find the Tianyu model’s invisible halo has a cheap look to it. I can’t figure out why. I don’t know if it’s the size of the stones used, the amount, or the width of the bar they’re on.

Ive been so back and forth about this. I know it’s probably a minor detail I can discuss with them to fix when they make mine, but I don’t quite know what it is that i don’t like about it. Hoping some of your eyes can see what I mean!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
There's too much metal showing and the melee is too big. There are also gaps where the melee meets the metal in the corners. That could have been prevented with smaller melee and better polishing.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Your ring came out gorgeous!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
i am so close to pulling the trigger and purchasing something from Tianyu, a style that I’ve seen them execute a bunch of times. Though it looks great, there is something off about it, and I can’t quite put my finger on it.

this is from Tianyu:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnk8VWkhepi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4zy60m6w9oro

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpoNRqVHPJl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11ojo99zofj8b

this is essentially the same style, but from Moissaniteco: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZGC9v2nKSG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19mrocoql0g11

I find the Tianyu model’s invisible halo has a cheap look to it. I can’t figure out why. I don’t know if it’s the size of the stones used, the amount, or the width of the bar they’re on.

Ive been so back and forth about this. I know it’s probably a minor detail I can discuss with them to fix when they make mine, but I don’t quite know what it is that i don’t like about it. Hoping some of your eyes can see what I mean!
The Moco ring was a custom order so I think it probably has a wider band than the original version of this ring. I won’t comment specifically about the Tianyu ring since that is just an example but their rings don’t taper in as much at the head as much as the Moco version. Several people have had rings made in this similar style and they have compared.it a bit to a flounder. The shank being a little bit wider and flatter and it doesn’t taper as much in at the head. These are all things that can be corrected if you get the dimensions right and have everyone look over your CAD before they go into production. It can sometimes be a little more frustrating working with one of the Chinese vendors but there are many people on this thread that can help you. The finishing can be good but maybe not to the highest standard that you might get from a US vendor. You have to balance that out against the savings on price as the one you linked is $1875 which I assume is just for the e-ring and not inclusive of the band. This same ring in white gold is probably closer to the $500 mark with Tianyu.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
compared.it a bit to a flounder. The shank being a little bit wider and flatter and it doesn’t taper as much in at the head. These are all things that can be corrected if you get the dimensions right and have everyone look over your CAD before they go into production.
1A9C86E2-6E7D-44D4-9CEE-D63B3F7FDE71.jpeg
You’re right, it is the different proportions throwing me off! I just put their 2 photos side by side and can see the difference. I also just threw in another Tianyu ring with an under halo styling that I prefer much more than the first one I found

Thank goodness I have everyone here to help when my CAD comes in!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results