shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg Hi everyone. I posted my ring from Tianyu a few weeks ago. I noticed right away that it was wonky looking. Anyways Tianyu claimed it wasn’t so I took it to a jeweler who verified that the prongs were off, 1 set of prongs was longer and thicker than the others, the entire head was crooked and the stone was set crooked. Even with a written estimate from my jeweler Tianyu refused to pay for repairs or let me return the ring. Finally after seeing my post they agreed to refund me $100 if I removed the photo and post of my ring. Anyways I refused and they didn’t give me any refund. My experience with them was horrible. Annabella was my rep and her customer service was terrible. The craftsmanship of the ring was very poor. A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg Hi everyone. I posted my ring from Tianyu a few weeks ago. I noticed right away that it was wonky looking. Anyways Tianyu claimed it wasn’t so I took it to a jeweler who verified that the prongs were off, 1 set of prongs was longer and thicker than the others, the entire head was crooked and the stone was set crooked. Even with a written estimate from my jeweler Tianyu refused to pay for repairs or let me return the ring. Finally after seeing my post they agreed to refund me $100 if I removed the photo and post of my ring. Anyways I refused and they didn’t give me any refund. My experience with them was horrible. Annabella was my rep and her customer service was terrible. The craftsmanship of the ring was very poor. A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg
That is terrible!! Can you dispute it through your credit card? I've read about a few negative experiences and it really makes a person think twice about buying from them. I can't believe they cleared the ring to ship that way and that they don't want to make this right for you. SMH :naughty:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That is terrible!! Can you dispute it through your credit card? I've read about a few negative experiences and it really makes a person think twice about buying from them. I can't believe they cleared the ring to ship that way and that they don't want to make this right for you. SMH :naughty:

Uh oh. Now they’re starting to sound like MoCo and offering people compensation to take down bad reviews. Not good....not good at all!!! :snooty:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I’m making my shopping list for the next few months - I want to add a 5 stone ring (could be another number is stones, too) to wear when wanting to change it up when my mood or outfit calls for a white metal (I’d get it in platinum). Although I rarely let the solitaire leave my finger. :P2 Does anyone have one from Tianyu they’d be willing to share a picture of? I’ve looks through this thread and their Instagram accounts but nothing caught my eye. I don’t want anything too bold but want some sparkle. I’d get it in an antique cut but am more interested in seeing the styles you have and am not concerned with the stone cut. Thanks in advance!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’m so so sorry to hear this. It’s unacceptable service. Is there protection from the way that you paid?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
59ADE9DE-1A4B-4B44-BA4C-B47068137785.jpeg FA59A256-7AC3-4803-AAA5-6CA88521F2D9.jpeg
This is on my wishlist for sure!

I like it! I’m afraid it’s too much look but I do like it. I’ll save it to my favorites. :)

I just ordered a yellow gold Tiffany inspired solitaire in 6.5 mm (I posted earlier about my desire to get a sister to the one I have - this Tianyu thing has gotten out of hand). As soon as that arrives (will be a few weeks since I just confirmed with Sophia that I want to order it), I’ll start really planning the next one in earnest. :)

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is completely unacceptable. May I have your permission to discuss with Emily how they can better handle situations like this in the future?

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

That is so shady. They should just own up to the poor quality and do something to make it right. I remember you saying you really like the stone and setting. Do you think you will have it repaired by your local jeweler? It's a very pretty ring. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

tinaul

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm finally taking the leap and ordering my first moissanites for myself and my mom. I asked for a 7.5mm F1 H&A brilliant round cut and they sent me pictures of these two stones, What do y'all think? I'm wondering if the first stone is darker due to lighting?
1545014781-37.jpg 1545014781-45.jpg 1545014781-80.jpg 1545014781-90.jpg

Last edited:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I'm finally taking the leap and ordering my first moissanites for myself and my mom. I asked for a 7.5mm F1 H&A brilliant round cut and received these two stones and they sent me pictures of these two stones, What do y'all think? I'm wondering if the first stone is darker due to lighting?
1545014781-37.jpg 1545014781-45.jpg 1545014781-80.jpg 1545014781-90.jpg
These pics are from Tianyu? I have never seen them take pics like this before. What is your rep’s name?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! They're from Annabella/Alisa Luo. I'm not sure if they're the same person?
Wild! Haha But yeah, those pics are not great and I wouldn’t commit to either stone without better photos.

tinaul

Rough_Rock
Wild! Haha But yeah, those pics are not great and I wouldn’t commit to either stone without better photos.

Yeah.. I asked for a video of both. Hopefully she comes through.

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ughhhh my saga continues.
I got a text this morning that my delivery arriving soon (was supposed to be friday but still not here...) has customs duties of $20. When I called to inquire, Tianyu didn't send the package as a return or repair, they sent it as a new shipment. So I've contacted Ella to see if they'll be covering that, since if it was shipped correctly, I wouldn't have any duties to pay.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mjay That is horrible!! Can you dispute via paypal or alibaba? Or your credit card? Are you going to keep it?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today my french cut earrings arrived.
My first impression was, that the packaging was really secure, and the jewelry box was nice. As I opened the box I was really satisfied with the craftsmanship of the studs, but French cuts are not as brilliant as I was hoping for. The stones look a little bit greyish in the setting. But have a look at the pictures, what do you think:

5573E673-FAA0-4626-8E02-1FA07FB38CD9.jpeg
554A0159-B9A8-4360-B1AD-1C69DDF4EA08.jpeg 968B684E-8033-411D-B4EB-F4DC02F307CD.jpeg

Basically I’m satisfied, because for the price what I paid I’m really happy.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The last pic makes them look very brilliant. They look very sturdy and well made. I'm also surprised they got the milgrain to look so delicate. They're getting better and better at it. Enjoy your earrings!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The last pic makes them look very brilliant. They look very sturdy and well made. I'm also surprised they got the milgrain to look so delicate. They're getting better and better at it. Enjoy your earrings!

I find the milgrain also really fine. The last picture is a fire picture, but unfortunately it is not the regular picture, when I look at it. But basically I'm satisfied, and I'm sure, I'm going to buy more from them.

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to remember where I recently read this so I could link it here, but someone explained why French cuts are not as brilliant and can at times look a bit opaque. Essentially we need to think of them as rose cuts - they do not have a table that allows light into the stone to bounce around and reflect back out. Instead the faceting reflects light straight back at us. There was something else about the way the pavilion is faceted as well, but I can't recall it exactly. They are less brilliant when clean, and then can look opaque from dirt and oil when not clean. That explanation was talking about diamonds, and as we've seen is accurate for moissies as well.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
That is so shady. They should just own up to the poor quality and do something to make it right. I remember you saying you really like the stone and setting. Do you think you will have it repaired by your local jeweler? It's a very pretty ring. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Right! That and added on to some other projects that didn't come out well, I'm starting to become weary of them. I don't want to push my luck any further after I get my solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results