shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I would be extremely happy if I got that stone from Tianyu. I'm also going for G/H--glad to see it looking so white in your video. Did you ask for anything else specific when having that stone cut, or just the size and color you wanted?
Yes, it is still a pretty white stone face up. You can send Ella a picture of my ring if you like the stone and ask her to cut it that way. Luckyrabbit on here did the same stone and ring too and was very happy with the cut. The other option is to find pictures of a cut you love or even the Moco stone you have and send that to them to duplicate.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Excellent idea! I will do just that. Thanks!!

Yes, it is still a pretty white stone face up. You can send Ella a picture of my ring if you like the stone and ask her to cut it that way. Luckyrabbit on here did the same stone and ring too and was very happy with the cut. The other option is to find pictures of a cut you love or even the Moco stone you have and send that to them to duplicate.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
No, all taken from google images. :)

The Antique cut is what I'm after, not the brilliant.

I'm not an expert jeweler and I really doubt I'll be able to see minor imperfections. It doesn't have to be perfect but I want to capture that lacy antique-y feeling from both examples. Would this basket be more realistic to accomplish?

5053 mixed gold.jpg Venetian 5053.jpg

I think a lot of us have said the same thing due to the complexity of the ring and the challenges of the language barrier sometimes. Without giving up complete hope though, I wanted to link a few pic’s that a lady did with a ring last month and I can’t remember if it was uploaded onto this thread as well. It was a fairly complex ring as well but I think they did a pretty good job with the overall design. It was a little faster for me to pull it off the WB thread because I knew where it was but you can click on the link to read her comments on page 20 and going forward. I am including a few pic’s for reference as well. It might be a little easier to work off of something they have done already if you like this stye?

https://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/please-share-your-tianyu-cads-and-the-finished-product/page/20

EE6683E9-7FD7-487D-96F7-9621FD07BC22.jpeg 08FA52CE-72DF-4FFA-AD64-2A83E25296E1.jpeg A3EC2F7A-F9CA-4409-B71E-F7425B2EE1E7.jpeg 8FB417FD-BB90-4F8F-A4A4-D7106F05941B.jpeg

crc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for telling me the hard truth! I’d rather know now than be disappointed later. :) I wonder if I could just add a halo or otherwise modify one of their existing designs. I’ll contact them and see what that could look like.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for telling me the hard truth! I’d rather know now than be disappointed later. :) I wonder if I could just add a halo or otherwise modify one of their existing designs. I’ll contact them and see what that could look like.
Yes, I don’t want you to be disappointed because you are looking for something very specific here. The lady who got the ring I posted above really liked her setting but the actual ring had a gap between where the two-toned gold was that was not made obvious from the CAD. This is where you might get some disappointment. Keeping it all one type of gold/platinum will help and if you really want a halo, see if they can offer you some designs that they have already that might be easier to modify. You can tell them you are looking for something in the style above that also includes a halo and see what they come back with. It might be a little easier that way rather than trying to combine a bunch of different drawings. Also see if you can find one picture that has everything you are looking for to help guide them. Another option is to always just buy the loose stone and check for preloved settings like this for sell on LT/DB or ebay that might work for you too....

You might want to get a price from Starsgem as well. I haven’t seen this complicated of a design from them but they are a little better at the finer miligrain. Doesn’t hurt to ask....

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @swaye2010 to keep it simple. Your idea seems great but to piece it together might be a challenge but especially with a language barrier. Swaye2010 made a few great suggestions in her post.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :wavey:

llc328

Rough_Rock
Another lady told me hers got done last week (after mine) and she'll about to get her either today or tomorrow. Emily told me it's because DHL is back up because it's the holiday. I want to believe that but everybody is getting tracking number and all that except me...So I'll keep waiting. If I don't get some sort of info by the end of this week then I'll see about reaching out to Alibaba. Because I paid mine through Alibaba and they have a certain time to prove they sent it. If they sent it, shouldn't they have the tracking number from DHL? I mean at least I'll know it's in process sitting somewhere.

She seems to be the one most people are having issues with. Yea, I would be too scare to work with me as well. Tianyu's rounds are gorgeous, too bad they're having some growing pains.

Hi, I had both. SG's OEC facets are thinner. Tianyu's have thicker facets. It depends on your taste.

This is SG's OEC's closer view:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU55RSHgPP/

The top is SG's and the bottom is Tianyu's:
go to https://vimeo.com / 284949523 (but without the space). The video will be too small on here.

I got a second OEC from Tianyu (the flower pedals on my first from them in the video were too thick for mine liking) and I like it a lot more. This is my second and current one:

@dkata
I didn’t know where to post this but I saw you have been dealing with Ella from Tianyu Gems .. she has been helping me .. I received a ring that was defective..long story short , I have been trying to email her at the same email me had many discussing through any it keeps getting sent back that it can’t be delivered .. how are you on contact with her .. I used this email for several weeks and now I can’t .. [email protected] .. Can you please tell me how you in contact with Ella?
Thank you!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@dkata
I didn’t know where to post this but I saw you have been dealing with Ella from Tianyu Gems .. she has been helping me .. I received a ring that was defective..long story short , I have been trying to email her at the same email me had many discussing through any it keeps getting sent back that it can’t be delivered .. how are you on contact with her .. I used this email for several weeks and now I can’t .. [email protected] .. Can you please tell me how you in contact with Ella?
Thank you!
You are just missing the dot in-between jerry lu. So it should be [email protected].

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2018-12-31_11-36-45_798.jpg 2018-12-31_11-37-08_523.jpg
Cloudy day here but yellow gold has arrived! It's a more petite version of the one I usually wear and I really like it. I'm sure I'll change my mind but for now I'm happy with the options i have in my jewelry box. :roll2: i have to stop looking at this thread as it gives me too many ideas.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@eapj
That is so lovely! Clean lines, nice stone size. Such a nice piece :kiss2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@dkata
Thank you!
It took out part of the email and I can’t edit. It should be [email protected]

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@eapj
That is so lovely! Clean lines, nice stone size. Such a nice piece :kiss2:

Thanks! Tianyu took the CAD of the original (thanks @mrsgreeneyes) and scaled it down a bit to match the smaller stone. I'm thrilled to have two beautiful and classic rings in different metals.

Last edited:

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@dkata
Thank you!

Hi! Sorry I haven’t seen your post! Sorry! I corresponded on this email address:

Tianyugems Ella <[email protected]>

So there is no dot in between.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Sorry I haven’t seen your post! Sorry! I corresponded on this email address:

You are right...there should be no dot. I have it in my address list under both ways because I must have tried it before with a dot in the beginning. Not sure why it did not work for her then?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to post a close up of the faceting on my Tianyu OEC Stones (clearly I have a thing for them!).

The first one I purchased this spring (set into my original engagement ring with a platinum head and yellow gold shank - set by David Klass but not a DK ring) - 7mm or so :
6ACBF644-B888-41C9-B72B-83D5DF4C13E3.jpeg

The second one set into a Tianyu platinum ring (7.5mm):
4A4391A8-6DE0-471B-A298-E8AF219395AA.jpeg

The third set into a yellow gold setting by Tiyanu (6.5mm):
0E6EF620-170D-45AA-B848-7ACFB1273F6E.jpeg

To compare, the OEC diamond from my original engagement ring put back into its original home by David Klass (7.1mm or so) - I found this much more difficult to take a picture of:
5A2E948B-8BC3-4215-802B-9C8B730BAFF3.jpeg

I’m really happy with the Tianyu Stones.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Here is the best I could do with my camera phone. It's actually 3 stones and I think it's fairly obvious.

I contacted Tianyu and their response was, they check every gem with 10x magnifying glass and they sent me the best of the lot. They advised me to the clean the bottom of the stone and not the table - but I told them that I ran this ring through an ultrasonic cleaner 3 times and I still see the issues.

What do you think? Is this an issue with the ring or the cleaning? If so, how can I clean it better?

With the ultrasonic, I ran it on 5 minutes each time and I also use some Dawn dish washing liquid.

I'm off to clean it for a fourth time ...

upload_2018-12-27_10-28-58.png

upload_2018-12-27_10-29-32.png

upload_2018-12-27_10-29-43.png

upload_2018-12-27_10-28-38.png

It's hard to tell if it's a stain on the surface or something going on inside the stone? Try a silver polish and a cloth, gently rub and see if it will come off, if it's moissanite oil slick, it should come off.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
6A249978-8ADD-476F-9DA0-183B0C9EAEEC.jpeg EEDFC625-E2E7-4D9C-ABD6-FA26E86CC5D3.jpeg I’m thinking of selling my emerald cut ring with traps. I love it but feel a little weird because it’s quite blingy.

Thoughts?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
6A249978-8ADD-476F-9DA0-183B0C9EAEEC.jpeg EEDFC625-E2E7-4D9C-ABD6-FA26E86CC5D3.jpeg I’m thinking of selling my emerald cut ring with traps. I love it but feel a little weird because it’s quite blingy.

Thoughts?
It is big, but it's so beautiful! Maybe Save it for special occasions? Or as a right hand ring?
If yo you you really won't wear it, don't keep it, but seriously, if you love it, rock it :love:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to post a close up of the faceting on my Tianyu OEC Stones (clearly I have a thing for them!).

The first one I purchased this spring (set into my original engagement ring with a platinum head and yellow gold shank - set by David Klass but not a DK ring) - 7mm or so :

To compare, the OEC diamond from my original engagement ring put back into its original home by David Klass (7.1mm or so) - I found this much more difficult to take a picture of:

That diamond OEC is absolutely amazing. It is such a beautiful and unique vintage setting. Your other rings give you a variety of sizes and colors and all look well cut so I am sure you are happy to have all these choices with size and color. I feel the same way! :D

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That diamond OEC is absolutely amazing. It is such a beautiful and unique vintage setting. Your other rings give you a variety of sizes and colors and all look well cut so I am sure you are happy to have all these choices with size and color. I feel the same way! :D

Thanks! I take no credit for the diamond ring as it was my husband’s great grandmother’s. I feel so lucky and spoiled to have so many options. Wo glad I found Tianyu through PS. We’re lucky people indeed to have bling choices!

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
It is big, but it's so beautiful! Maybe Save it for special occasions? Or as a right hand ring?
If yo you you really won't wear it, don't keep it, but seriously, if you love it, rock it :love:

I think I feel conscious about it because it is so big. But I also don’t want it sitting in my jewelry box if I don’t use it. I guess I’ll see how it goes.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thoughts?

I think it's beautiful! But I'm size-sensitive, too, so I get it. Perhaps give it a little more time? If it continues to be too much for you, I'm sure that you could find another home for it with a PSer.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I
have my own thread but thought I’d add a few photos here of the finished paw pendants in case future folk were looking for an example of their heart cut moissy.

It’s a 9mm heart (3ct equivalent) and 4mm heart and arrow rounds. Setting is 14k rose gold and they honestly did a great job with fabrication and finish. The rose gold has a lovely polish and warm color, prongs are well done and stones set securely. It’s perfect.

FB5BD611-329A-451B-913D-5AB73C023D2A.jpeg 7311638E-BDE2-498C-8EDB-52232667F64E.jpeg
2688001A-4937-4283-ABBB-96D97B815C09.jpeg
840782F4-2AB2-4F62-A53F-0C7F504A2817.jpeg

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I
have my own thread but thought I’d add a few photos here of the finished paw pendants in case future folk were looking for an example of their heart cut moissy.

It’s a 9mm heart (3ct equivalent) and 4mm heart and arrow rounds. Setting is 14k rose gold and they honestly did a great job with fabrication and finish. The rose gold has a lovely polish and warm color, prongs are well done and stones set securely. It’s perfect.

FB5BD611-329A-451B-913D-5AB73C023D2A.jpeg 7311638E-BDE2-498C-8EDB-52232667F64E.jpeg
2688001A-4937-4283-ABBB-96D97B815C09.jpeg
840782F4-2AB2-4F62-A53F-0C7F504A2817.jpeg

Super cute! I saw this piece on their Instagram.

llc328

Rough_Rock
You are just missing the dot in-between jerry lu. So it should be [email protected].

No dot.... what I was doing was replying to an email and it has ALL our conversations attached .. I think it was too long to send hence the maik failure.. I thought ,...let me send a new email to Ella ....and then it went through!... thank you for your comment/help ... it’s very much appreciated

llc328

Rough_Rock

Thank you!.. yes .. No dot! .. I was trying to send a email through replying with a long attachment of all our conversations ... I think the file was too large ,...that it kept getting bounced back as a mail failure .... because when I wrote a new email to Ella.....at that email address ...it went through ....and I did hear back from her ....thank you for commenting and replying to me !!! It’s very much appreciated ..

Kyle753

Rough_Rock
Hello all sorry for reviving a post from several pages ago but I would love some advice. Ella from tianyu just sent me the CAD and would like some input on any adjustments I can make.

Compared to the stock photos I provided them, it seems like the band width is quite thicker on the cathedral support portion of the ring. I also asked for 1.8mm for both width and height. My girlfriends ring finger is size quite small at 3.75 (between 3.5 and 4) should I go for 1.7mm instead?
-602978968.png

Image below I provided tianyu
il_570xN.1197876363_ljrd.jpg
Tianyu can absolutely do this. I would put the band measurements at 1.8mm for both width and height. I agree with you that the truly colorless stones (D/E) are too stark, I would stick with F color for this one. It’s colorless without being stark white or steely grey. =)2

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all sorry for reviving a post from several pages ago but I would love some advice. Ella from tianyu just sent me the CAD and would like some input on any adjustments I can make.

Compared to the stock photos I provided them, it seems like the band width is quite thicker on the cathedral support portion of the ring. I also asked for 1.8mm for both width and height. My girlfriends ring finger is size quite small at 3.75 (between 3.5 and 4) should I go for 1.7mm instead?
-602978968.png

I wouldn’t go less than 1.8mm especially with white gold. When you get it polished and rhodium plated you lose gold. It needs to be strong enough to withstand the test of time. I like thin bands too, but 1.8mm is my thinnest because of this reason and because of wear and tear.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock

-602978968.png

I would also have them bump up the bottom to 1.8mm as that is where we get the most wear bumping into things, grabbing things , etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results