shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. What a STEAL! What do you think of the 10 mm OEC? Does it look like a diamond?
I think out of all the rings I have ordered so far, this one is the most realistic looking diamond-like moissanite. The cuts keep getting better as I have watched the progression over the last 8 month’s. Both my ACC’s are pretty good too but I don’t get quite as much fire as my OEC. I think if you have them cut it for you and you are very specific with dimensions and pictures, you will get a very nice stone/setting.

Having said all this - no one would ever think this is not a diamond looking at my finger. However, I have looked at a lot of diamonds and moissanites and I can usually tell. I am sure you would be able to tell too. I am a big enough fan though that I have just ordered another 10mm H&A round in a knife edge platinum setting. I should have the CAD in the next day or two and the ring in the next 2 weeks. Price on that was around $660 and just under $700 with the payment fee’s/shipping (note - these prices can change due to fluctuations in gold prices)

For future orders - they have been asking people to pay through the Alibaba system instead of paypal to reduce the fee’s even further. You will need to create an account and enter all your address & contact info to process the payment. It wasn’t much harder than paypal but it does require a login.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I hope that they will still allow orders to be paid via Paypal as I would trust that method and feel more comfortable with paying in Paypal than I had the Alibaba website which is a pain to navigate. I thought that the Paypal fees were being paid on the invoice. Or maybe that is just the conversion fee?..:confused:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
They told me it was 2.5%-3% cheaper than PP. I was quoted a price but the invoice was sent about $40 higher which I assume is the fee and shipping. I forgot to look at the detailed invoice or maybe it is saved in Alibaba somewhere. I think you do get the same protections, but yes, if they run them through Alibaba it does help their rating. This is the only time I am going to pay this way though as Paypal credit gives you 6 months no interest on anything over $99 and so I chip away at it over the course of a few weeks and never pay any interest anyways.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only time I am going to pay this way though as Paypal credit gives you 6 months no interest on anything over $99 and so I chip away at it over the course of a few weeks and never pay any interest anyways.

I like that idea!!=)2

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think out of all the rings I have ordered so far, this one is the most realistic looking diamond-like moissanite. The cuts keep getting better as I have watched the progression over the last 8 month’s. Both my ACC’s are pretty good too but I don’t get quite as much fire as my OEC. I think if you have them cut it for you and you are very specific with dimensions and pictures, you will get a very nice stone/setting.

Having said all this - no one would ever think this is not a diamond looking at my finger. However, I have looked at a lot of diamonds and moissanites and I can usually tell. I am sure you would be able to tell too. I am a big enough fan though that I have just ordered another 10mm H&A round in a knife edge platinum setting. I should have the CAD in the next day or two and the ring in the next 2 weeks. Price on that was around $660 and just under $700 with the payment fee’s/shipping (note - these prices can change due to fluctuations in gold prices)

For future orders - they have been asking people to pay through the Alibaba system instead of paypal to reduce the fee’s even further. You will need to create an account and enter all your address & contact info to process the payment. It wasn’t much harder than paypal but it does require a login.

Thank you! Let me know what you think of the H&A compared to the OEC when you get it! I love your OEC ring...

btrizzy

Rough_Rock
OMG you guys are killing me. I now need to get a 10mm solitaire. PLEASE tell me what you think of the H&A cut when you get it!
Will do, hoping to get it sometime next week. I already have a Whiteflash ACA ring that I excited to compare it too.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

OMG!:eek-2: They nailed that one to the T!!:kiss2: Love, Love, Love it! That is so pretty.. I would be dying just waiting for it to arrive in the mail! Please post lots of hand shots once you get it.. That is absolutely gorgeous! You guys so inspire me and I am working on trying to figure out what to do next myself!;)2

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@btrizzy :geek2: if you don't mind me asking what are the stats of your stones? Color and sizes?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do, hoping to get it sometime next week. I already have a Whiteflash ACA ring that I excited to compare it too.

Perfect!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I am sending my stone to David now that he is back in the office. He's been gone for a couple weeks. Hopefully it will be set and lovely in the end.

After receiving this video today I think have to have this ring. I have loved it forever but could never justify the price even preloved for a band that I might not wear very often. I have quite a bit of Tiffany that I have gotten preloved and I just love the finish of their items. I think this looks like excellent work. I will do all white gold because I quit wearing yellow some years ago. My colored gold is mostly all rose now.

What do you think?

http://wwvideo.file.alimmdn.com/21281452/XXKL2KUAmrK7MLeHhryrrg/19mhXrzQ7BpTbc8JDIg.mp4

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price for all platinum is not that much more.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I am sending my stone to David now that he is back in the office. He's been gone for a couple weeks. Hopefully it will be set and lovely.

After receiving this video today I think have to have this ring. I have loved it forever but could never justify the price even preloved for a band that I might not wear very often. I have quite a bit of Tiffany that I have gotten preloved and I just love the finish of their items. I think this looks like excellent work. I will do all white gold because I quit wearing yellow some years ago. My colored gold is mostly all rose now.

What do you think?

http://wwvideo.file.alimmdn.com/21281452/XXKL2KUAmrK7MLeHhryrrg/19mhXrzQ7BpTbc8JDIg.mp4

:kiss2:I love that band and the design and like you, I stopped wearing yellow gold years ago because white metals just looked better on me with my skin tone. I think it is just a preference. Maybe my tastes changed as I got older and started climbing up that hill! :mrgreen2: LOL!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
=)2 I thought they did a good job on it as well. I think I am going with platinum because I love the weight of it on my hand. Yellow looks ok on me but it stands out more than rose. And usually I want 18k rose and not 14k. Softer color.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tianyu is 8mm DEF colorless H&A moissanite
Whiteflash ACA is 2.1 ct J VS2 diamond

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts. I am seriously considering getting a tianyu 6.5mm H&A vs. a warmer colored diamond, and am having a super hard time figuring out whether the significant cost increase between diamond vs. moissanite is worth it to me. I love moissy so it isn't a "mind clean" thing, but if I can see the difference then I'm willing to pay more. The stone looks SO GOOD in yours that it's hard for me to imagine a diamond (Even a super ideal) looking significantly better.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I am sending my stone to David now that he is back in the office. He's been gone for a couple weeks. Hopefully it will be set and lovely in the end.

What do you think?

Why not do it in platinum and rose gold? :love:
What are you setting the beautiful Asscher cut in? A plain soli?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not do it in platinum and rose gold? :love:
What are you setting the beautiful Asscher cut in? A plain soli?
I think I want just platinum for this one but I had thought about doing rose gold.

My Asscher will go in my ACC's empty solitaire setting with the double claws.
20180806_175948.jpg

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:Cant wait to see that all set @redwood66!! I thought that your Asscher was amazing!:sun:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I did it and ordered the X ring in all platinum. Now to wait and see how it turns out for me. It was not totally inexpensive but I think there is quite a bit of platinum in that ring. I hope I love it. I have been scouring this and the reddit threads for pics of their settings. I did pass on to Ella that I am so picky about finish and polishing and she said she would make sure with the jeweler section at their factory.

If this turns out nice I have a bracelet in mind with 6mm OECs and an antique cut heart shape. :whistle:

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I did it and ordered the X ring in all platinum. Now to wait and see how it turns out for me. It was not totally inexpensive but I think there is quite a bit of platinum in that ring. I hope I love it. I have been scouring this and the reddit threads for pics of their settings. I did pass on to Ella that I am so picky about finish and polishing and she said she would make sure with the jeweler section at their factory.

If this turns out nice I have a bracelet in mind with 6mm OECs and an antique cut heart shape. :whistle:
I couldn't get your link for the X ring to load - is it the Tiffany Schlumberger replica? I've been thinking of getting that ring, too, but doing it in white and rose gold. =)2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't get your link for the X ring to load - is it the Tiffany Schlumberger replica? I've been thinking of getting that ring, too, but doing it in white and rose gold. =)2
It is. But I wish the video would load for you because it looks soooo much better than the listing on alibaba. Ella told me those are old pictures on there and it does look better now. I don't think I would have chanced it without seeing that video. My price was higher than they have listed on the website but I expected that in platinum. Maybe Ella or Emily can send you one loaded up in another viewer?

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is. But I wish the video would load for you because it looks soooo much better than the listing on alibaba. Ella told me those are old pictures on there and it does look better now. I don't think I would have chanced it without seeing that video. My price was higher than they have listed on the website but I expected that in platinum. Maybe Ella or Emily can send you one loaded up in another viewer?
I finally got it to load! I cannot WAIT to see yours!!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been unsuccessful in contacting Tianyu. I tried email and WeChat and no response. Does someone have a good contact email or WeChat number they’ve used recently? Thanks!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ve been unsuccessful in contacting Tianyu. I tried email and WeChat and no response. Does someone have a good contact email or WeChat number they’ve used recently? Thanks!
I was just messaging with Emily last night. :)

59624315-06CE-4D71-8E5E-94E1AC8C691B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results