shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella is who helped me and I get her late in the day as well. Pacific time.

My CAD is already done! It is a big fat eternity for sure!
tianyu cad.png

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ella is who helped me and I get her late in the day as well. Pacific time.

My CAD is already done! It is a big fat eternity for sure!
tianyu cad.png
That is gorgeous... very unique and I can’t wait to see it!
I got my CAD last night too. This is a simple solitaire, which I almost never do but I thought it was time (10 mm G/H in H&A). I am reducing the bottom to 2.3 mm instead of 2.5 mm because the proportions were off. I went extra big this time because everyone said the knife edge’s create more of a muffin top. I think it will be easier to make it 1/2 size smaller if I need to than to go up because of the platinum alloy mix (although I don’t really know if this is a problem?)
A4079DA3-ABC1-49A9-B622-8542B38F5068.png

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous... very unique and I can’t wait to see it!
I got my CAD last night too. This is a simple solitaire, which I almost never do but I thought it was time (10 mm G/H in H&A). I am reducing the bottom to 2.3 mm instead of 2.5 mm because the proportions were off. I went extra big this time because everyone said the knife edge’s create more of a muffin top. I think it will be easier to make it 1/2 size smaller if I need to than to go up because of the platinum alloy mix (although I don’t really know if this is a problem?)
A4079DA3-ABC1-49A9-B622-8542B38F5068.png

I cant wait until you get your H&A and let us know what you think of it. I personally love them! The fire throw with them is amazing!:kiss2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if keeping the bottom at 2.5mm might keep her upright easier? Better balance for that big stone? I would want it for me anyway. It is up to you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait until you get your H&A and let us know what you think of it. I personally love them! The fire throw with them is amazing!:kiss2:
I requested H&A in my band as well. At 3mm each it might be fun to look for them.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! :love: I just looked again and said OMG those 2 rings (yours and redwoods) would be AWESOME together!:D LOL!!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I don't have that much finger real estate. :mrgreen2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It's all finally here. Warning, lots of pictures!

All in all, these items took a little over two weeks. It would have been sooner if I didn't add stuff to my order :lol:

Here is the milgrain bezel set pendent with a 5mm OEC GHI colored set in 14k Rose Gold. The milgrain on it is pretty detailed. I had originally had it made at 14", so almost like a choker. Ella offered to have it adjustable to 16", which is why the chain in the photo below are different sizes.
2018-08-23 12.36.24.jpg

I'm very happy with the way it turned out, here it is at 14"
2018-08-23 12.06.22.jpg

Next are my earrings: 6.5mm each in H&A GHI in 14k White Gold. They're a little droopy because my piercings are stretched. Is it too big? It's taking a little getting used to as I have never owned diamond studs larger than .4 ct.
2018-08-23 12.13.38.jpg

Last, but not least, the ring. 7.6mm ACC GHI set in 14k White Gold. The ring is comfortable and super sparkly. The milgrain turned out exactly how I'd hoped. The workmanship is great: everything seems symmetrical and no sweater snagging elements that I can find so far. For the price they charge, it's a steal and they knocked it out of the ballpark!

2018-08-23 12.32.22.jpg
2018-08-23 12.34.27.jpg
2018-08-23 12.30.15.jpg

Obligatory "hai I haz toothache" mod shot :geek:
2018-08-23 12.14.22.jpg

Bonus... Took out my SLR and did a side-by-side with the inspiration picture, for reference (sorry about the crappy lighting in my shot, I didn't set up a lightbox or anything, just natural window light):
sidebyside.jpg

Some video bling here:

So happy with my order. Now I need to plot my next projects ;-)

They did a fantastic job!!! Beautiful pieces. Are you happy with the color of the H&A earrings? I was worried to order the near-colorless. The ACC looks amazing! Makes me want to order one :geek2:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All in all, these items took a little over two weeks. It would have been sooner if I didn't add stuff to my order :lol:

Here is the milgrain bezel set pendent with a 5mm OEC GHI colored set in 14k Rose Gold. The milgrain on it is pretty detailed. I had originally had it made at 14", so almost like a choker. Ella offered to have it adjustable to 16", which is why the chain in the photo below are different sizes.
2018-08-23 12.36.24.jpg

2018-08-23 12.06.22.jpg

Next are my earrings: 6.5mm each in H&A GHI in 14k White Gold. They're a little droopy because my piercings are stretched. Is it too big? It's taking a little getting used to as I have never owned diamond studs larger than .4 ct.
2018-08-23 12.13.38.jpg

Last, but not least, the ring. 7.6mm ACC GHI set in 14k White Gold. The ring is comfortable and super sparkly. The milgrain turned out exactly how I'd hoped. The workmanship is great: everything seems symmetrical and no sweater snagging elements that I can find so far. For the price they charge, it's a steal and they knocked it out of the ballpark!

2018-08-23 12.32.22.jpg
2018-08-23 12.34.27.jpg
2018-08-23 12.30.15.jpg

2018-08-23 12.14.22.jpg

Bonus... Took out my SLR and did a side-by-side with the inspiration picture, for reference (sorry about the crappy lighting in my shot, I didn't set up a lightbox or anything, just natural window light):
sidebyside.jpg

Some video bling here:

Oh man. I LOVE everything!!!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
:dance:
I might not be the best person to ask as far as color goes because I'm not extremely color sensitive. I am totally fine with the GHI H&A, especially with them being earrings.

However, to be objective and in case you're trying to make a decision, I took a couple of pictures in natural light (no sun) for reference.

I compared it next to a heirloom diamond solitaire from my grandmother (which I was told that it's in the colorless range, not sure exactly what color) and the H&A looks slightly warmer than that.
(Skin color reference: I'm probably MAC NC25 for the summer)

The H&A GHI is on the left, and the diamond is on the right.
2018-08-23 14.06.15.jpg

My diamond e-ring is an I color EC, here's what the H&A GHI looks like next to it. From simply looking, my I color EC is warmer than the GHI H&A, and I would say that the photo is pretty true to what I see:
ering.jpg

I hope this helps with your decision making if you're trying to pull the trigger :lol-2:

Oh it absolutely does!! Since I’ll *probably* be going with yellow gold too, I think GHI will be perfect. You’re awesome, thank you!!! :dance::mrgreen2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Lol. I don't have that much finger real estate. :mrgreen2:

:lol:Have mercy! :???: You sound like me!! hmm, short meaty fingers??? I adore those blessed with long thin fingers than anything looks great on!!:geek2:

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

2018-08-23 12.36.24.jpg

2018-08-23 12.06.22.jpg

2018-08-23 12.13.38.jpg

2018-08-23 12.32.22.jpg
2018-08-23 12.34.27.jpg
2018-08-23 12.30.15.jpg

2018-08-23 12.14.22.jpg

sidebyside.jpg

Some video bling here:

:eek2:HOLY CANNOLI!! You hit the Moissanite Jackpot!:dance: Wow, They are all beautiful pieces so congratulations to you on your HAUL! That is amazing that it only took 2 weeks to get to you and that just means that they are busting behind on getting custom orders out fast! I think that the color looks great and true to GHI color range. I dont think that the earrings are drooping on you at all and there is an easy fix for any earring that does that! You can buy either some silicone backs or the larger sized backs that keep that from happening in the ear. I know that they sell them on JTV.
You guys are so awesome to share your beautiful bling with us and it is so inspirational to those of us who are still trying to figure out what we want, lol.. I am currently working with Ella on a ring so I will let you guys know what happens with the end result.;)2 Gosh I LOVE this thread!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@sassegemz you are so welcome!;)2 Here is a link with them all on one page so that you can see what I am referring to:
https://www.jtv.com/search/?Ntt=Earring+Backs

The large earring backs are in the 2nd row.. I have some of the silicone ones and they are excellent for earrings that you are worried the backs could slip off of like expensive earrings! They hold tight!:praise:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a haul! Gorgeous. Enjoy all that bling! :appl:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I am sending my stone to David now that he is back in the office. He's been gone for a couple weeks. Hopefully it will be set and lovely in the end.

After receiving this video today I think have to have this ring. I have loved it forever but could never justify the price even preloved for a band that I might not wear very often. I have quite a bit of Tiffany that I have gotten preloved and I just love the finish of their items. I think this looks like excellent work. I will do all white gold because I quit wearing yellow some years ago. My colored gold is mostly all rose now.

What do you think?

http://wwvideo.file.alimmdn.com/21281452/XXKL2KUAmrK7MLeHhryrrg/19mhXrzQ7BpTbc8JDIg.mp4

Omg I want it!! Can’t wait to see!!

Well I did it and ordered the X ring in all platinum. Now to wait and see how it turns out for me. It was not totally inexpensive but I think there is quite a bit of platinum in that ring. I hope I love it. I have been scouring this and the reddit threads for pics of their settings. I did pass on to Ella that I am so picky about finish and polishing and she said she would make sure with the jeweler section at their factory.

If this turns out nice I have a bracelet in mind with 6mm OECs and an antique cut heart shape. :whistle:

Ahhh you guys are all ordering such exquisite stuff! I may have to place my own order.... hoo baby!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I want it!! Can’t wait to see!!

Ahhh you guys are all ordering such exquisite stuff! I may have to place my own order.... hoo baby!
Do it! I have been so impressed by the things people are getting and how accommodating the SAs are in making sure you get what you want.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if I posted my stuff from Tianyu on here before. I've order few things from both Tianyu and StarsGem. I got an e-ring from them months ago in platinum. It's holding up pretty well, just the coating (?) on the bottom comes off pretty easily. Not sure if they also dipped platinum? Think one of the prongs is slightly off, but I'll live. Otherwise, I love it^_^ And then I asked them to make me a band (also platinum). I wish I had asked to set it as low as possible because it's thicker than my other bands, so I'll just be wearing it by itself:( Lesson learned.

IMG_20180710_171520.jpg

18.08.07 (1).jpg 18.08.07 (4).jpg 18.08.07 (3).jpg

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
What do you mean about the coating coming off? Can you please post a pic? Platinum does not have a coating (as far as I know). I placed an order with Tianyu and and now I'm worried their jewelry isn't solid platinum.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
What do you mean about the coating coming off? Can you please post a pic? Platinum does not have a coating (as far as I know). I placed an order with Tianyu and and now I'm worried their jewelry isn't solid platinum.

I wouldn't say coating coming off, sorry, that was badly worded. More like scruffed. And you can see the differences that it becomes more matte looking than the other shiny areas. I think they dipped platinum in rhodium over there as well? Because it has the same rhodium dipped look as my white gold from them and a rhodium dipped sterling silver from Amazon. Unless platinum rings have some sort of coating to them already? B/c it's shiny and then it gets scruff up easily on the bottom (inside palm of your hand). It's just on the bottom though (other people won't see it when the ring is on your hand), every other areas have been maintaining the shiny look. I don't have that ring with me at the moment and won't be back home til later tonight but I'll take pics to show you what I mean.

On another board, a lady went to get her rings from Tianyu and StarsGem tested if they're platinum. She said they are. So I'm sure it is platinum.

Last edited:

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
Whew! Sorry I'm so paranoid. Sounds like maybe you're talking about a patina. I had envisioned flakes of coating coming off so it kind of freaked me out.

I just got my Tianyu this afternoon. I'll see if I can post pictures. I'm not exactly thrilled with the products based on cut, color, and workmanship. Not sure what to do or if I can even return them.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! Sorry I'm so paranoid. Sounds like maybe you're talking about a patina. I had envisioned flakes of coating coming off so it kind of freaked me out.

I just got my Tianyu this afternoon. I'll see if I can post pictures. I'm not exactly thrilled with the products based on cut, color, and workmanship. Not sure what to do or if I can even return them.

Oh no! What’s wrong with them? Their customer service from what I’ve read is great so I’m sure they’ll make it right or refund you. I’d love to see what you got!!!:geek2::mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results