shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
:clap:I am so excited for you and cant wait to see all those photos once you get your beautiful pieces in hand! Thanks for sharing the videos with us. I totally agree with you about the colors..For me personally I like the really white stones for H&A's or RB's but when it comes to Vintage, Art Deco pieces it has to be warmer stones all the way!;)2 So I guess what I am trying to say here is that is all depends on the person, the cut and the setting that it is going into. (Hope that makes sense, lol):mrgreen2:

Oh yeah, I was almost drooling over that ACC VIDEO!!!:P2 Oh my word, that is one gorgeous stone!

***And I MUST say this: I think it is wonderful that Emily, Ella and all those who are in contact with the custom orders take the time to answer all our questions, pick out stones like we request, take the photos and videos to show us. It takes time for them to pay attention to our details and attend to our requests and I think they do such a good job of that! I give them KUDOS for going the extra mile for the customer!=)2
Yeah, I think I prefer warmer stones for rose gold vintage-styled rings especially, as I find the whiter stones almost too white. Or maybe I’ve just been looking at too many morganite rings and wishing moissanite came in a peachy color.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@Moissamight moissanites do come in a few colors as well like Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink and Purple. So Pink might be close enough to tickle your Morganite fancy, lol..:P2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Please keep us updated, I love seeing everyone's projects!

Oh I will! I plan on ordering the loose stones but having David Klass make the setting. It’ll be a 3 stone in 14k yellow gold, I just have to decide on stone sizes. I’m up in the air between 5.5 sides and 7.5 center, or 5.75 sides and 8 center. First world problems, amirite? :oops2::lol-2:

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
@Moissamight moissanites do come in a few colors as well like Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink and Purple. So Pink might be close enough to tickle your Morganite fancy, lol..:P2

Thanks! I thought that yellow/green were “natural” as well as some shades of blue (?), but pink and purple are coated and the coating can wear off? I’d be glad to be wrong about that though! :D

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
This is quoted from the Fire and Brilliance website:

Fancy Color Moissanite
Fancy color moissanite are authentic moissanite gems created by Charles & Colvard. The fancy colors are created through a special heating process with ion induction displaying beautiful colors on the surface of the gem.

Is the color permanent or temporary?
Per the lab, the color treatment is permanent and is not temporary as long as the fancy colored moissanite gem is not exposed to excessive heat greater than 1020° F.

So considering that you wouldn't be subjecting your stone to heat of 1020+ degrees F, I think it is safe to say that the color would last a lifetime..;)2

Hope that helps @Moissamight =)2

steveholt

Rough_Rock
My stones arrived! While I was hoping for the best of course, I was prepared mentally for the worst.

They look great - I think as good or better than my Moissanite & Company Forever Brilliant stones. I ordered a 6mm and two 5mm DEF round brilliant, to go with the two 4mm stones in this ring and create a graduated 5-stone. Also? It is HARD to photograph multiple stones well!

IMG_20180816_171439.jpg

I admittedly know nothing about gemstones, so I can't give much of a write-up other than to say that I'm thoroughly satisfied! I tried to get some good photos, settled for passable photos and then I decided to put them next to a loose, .78ct diamond (included and yellowish, although I don't remember the exact specs).

IMG_20180816_171251.jpg IMG_20180816_222411.jpg
In this next pic the diamond is 2nd from the right:
IMG_20180816_222939.jpg
Diamond on the right:
IMG_20180816_222756.jpg

So for the price of one stone at MoCo, I got three, they look great, and I am super happy! Figured I'd share pics to help if others are researching while determining whether to buy.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed here, I'm glad I found and trusted your info!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :clap: @steveholt They look amazing! Moissanite is always so hard to photograph..The true beauty is so difficult to capture and never compares to how it looks in real life.:roll2:

Thanks for sharing your new sparklies with us! Now we wait to see the 5 stone ring when it is completed!;)2

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ring and earrings are done! Ella sent me some pictures. Can't wait until I get them. The work looks legit in pictures, but I'll have to see and touch. :mrgreen2:

This is a 7.6mm ACC in GHI Color with 14k White Gold
IMG_7142.jpg
IMG_7143.jpg

These are 6.5mm H&A in GHI Color:
IMG_7146.jpg
IMG_7145.jpg
Oooh! Can't wait to see your pics of these - especially hand shots of that ring!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone interested in asking for tiny milgrain, they do understand it and will do it if requested. I am not fond of bead style milgrain so I asked Ella about having it done tiny. She sent me a pic that shows me they will do it if you ask.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone interested in asking for tiny milgrain, they do understand it and will do it if requested. I am not fond of bead style milgrain so I asked Ella about having it done tiny. She sent me a pic that shows me they will do it if you ask.
Can you upload the pic so we can see? I didn’t think to ask for my ring.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is what she sent me. I can see that it is not perfect but when it is that small and also an inexpensive setting it doesn't matter to me.

tianyu milgrain.png

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
You guys beat me to that question, I was going to ask the same thing!;)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what she sent me. I can see that it is not perfect but when it is that small and also an inexpensive setting it doesn't matter to me.

tianyu milgrain.png
I would say from a distance, my ring looks like that. It is when I zoom in on pictures that I can see there is more of a gap in the beading. I really have no problem with the miligrain since it is not on the entire ring. My only comment is to ask about some polishing because it is very rough like sand paper. The shoulders on my ring are wide but the good thing is that the hand somehow gets used to it. Since other people are starting to do miligrain or if you get a full eternity, I would just point this out. Maybe just a little polishing so when you rub your hand over it, it is not so rough. I can tell the difference because I have another ring to compare it to.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say from a distance, my ring looks like that. It is when I zoom in on pictures that I can see there is more of a gap in the beading. I really have no problem with the miligrain since it is not on the entire ring. My only comment is to ask about some polishing because it is very rough like sand paper. The shoulders on my ring are wide but the good thing is that the hand somehow gets used to it. Since other people are starting to do miligrain or if you get a full eternity, I would just point this out. Maybe just a little polishing so when you rub your hand over it, it is not so rough. I can tell the difference because I have another ring to compare it to.
I like how your ring turned out! Maybe a local jeweler can buff the rough edges out for you? It shouldn't take much. It's 14k? Even if you have to have it re-rhodium plated it might be worth it.

Because I am a tad bit of a daredevil I would use my dremel with a polishing wheel and some compound to do it myself. LOL. But not everyone would want to do that.

Last edited:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I like how your ring turned out! Maybe a local jeweler can buff the rough edges out for you? It shouldn't take much. It's 14k? Even if you have to have it re-rhodium plated it might be worth it.

Because I am a tad bit of a daredevil I would use my dremel with a polishing wheel and some compound to do it myself. LOL. But not everyone would want to do that.

Yeah - I am sure it can be buffed a little to become softer. I thought I would mention it though for people ordering miligrain so they don’t have to worry about doing that after they receive it. I tried to get one of my China rings sized at a jewelry and he kind of turned his nose up at me when I said I got it from China. This one is 18K and palladium and all my other rings have been platinum. They wanted to know what the alloy was with the platinum. I don’t know enough about alloy’s to know if this is a problem when it comes to sizing but he kind of put me off so I need to find another mom & pop that’s not a chain to do it.

If you have some skills, I am sure it could be done. I don’t think it would take much. The French cut band is not as abrasive as the ring probably because the ring sits much higher up on the finger. I always like to point these things out for the next people....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah - I am sure it can be buffed a little to become softer. I thought I would mention it though for people ordering miligrain so they don’t have to worry about doing that after they receive it. I tried to get one of my China rings sized at a jewelry and he kind of turned his nose up at me when I said I got it from China. This one is 18K and palladium and all my other rings have been platinum. They wanted to know what the alloy was with the platinum. I don’t know enough about alloy’s to know if this is a problem when it comes to sizing but he kind of put me off so I need to find another mom & pop that’s not a chain to do it.

If you have some skills, I am sure it could be done. I don’t think it would take much. The French cut band is not as abrasive as the ring probably because the ring sits much higher up on the finger. I always like to point these things out for the next people....
One could even mention when ordering to please have any roughness/edges buffed out at the factory. They will probably get it figured out once people start making very specific requests.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelers can be a tad haughty at times, especially if they know you aren't going to buy anything.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my two new rings from Tianyu - mrsgreeneyes gave me her blessing to copy her French cut. The OEC is 10 mm in 18 white gold & palladium mix with miligrain. The stones are all G/H and face up pretty white in person. The miligrain is not as delicate as my more expensive jewelry but I think they did a pretty good job for the price.

3C5D7CD4-0496-45EE-BE3F-6452825E4184.jpeg 63310B61-98E2-4DCB-A410-F997C073E46D.jpeg

Comparison to miligrain work from sapphire ring made in LA;
9994A2E7-DEAD-4281-B474-16E93C65668B.jpeg

Do you mind if I ask what the total was and what size stone? Thanks.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelers can be a tad haughty at times, especially if they know you aren't going to buy anything.

I totally agree with this!;)2 Luckily for me, I have a good one that owns his own shop and there isn't anything that he can't or won't do for me! He even does custom work. He has many years of business and experience. If you can find one like this in your hometown, you will find a GEM! Pun Intended!:D

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree with this!;)2 Luckily for me, I have a good one that owns his own shop and there isn't anything that he can't or won't do for me! He even does custom work. He has many years of business and experience. If you can find one like this in your hometown, you will find a GEM! Pun Intended!:D
I am going to have to take a look. One guy does custom work and made me the most expensive and ugliest ring ever so that is a NO! The other is super high end and I have had some diamond things done there but I don’t know how they feel about moissanite??

I have pretty much had everything made by the same person in LA for years now but I hesitate to send him things to fix because I feel like I have been cheating on the poor guy all summer....

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mind if I ask what the total was and what size stone? Thanks.

Sure...I know they hate for us to quote prices because the gold prices change but a ballpark does not hurt. The French cut band in 18K & palladium was around $400 and the OEC ring was the same gold and around $600 of which $367 was for the OEC they cut for me in a 10 mm G/H stone. It tipped right over $1000 so I got mrsgreeneyes 5% discount by mentioning her name. A very good price considering it is about a 4 carat stone. I think that size is over $2K in the US for just the stone.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure...I know they hate for us to quote prices because the gold prices change but a ballpark does not hurt. The French cut band in 18K & palladium was around $400 and the OEC ring was the same gold and around $600 of which $367 was for the OEC they cut for me in a 10 mm G/H stone. It tipped right over $1000 so I got mrsgreeneyes 5% discount by mentioning her name. A very good price considering it is about a 4 carat stone. I think that size is over $2K in the US for just the stone.

Oh, sure I understand fluctuating prices plus I guess exchange rate?? Yes, I just wanted a ballpark. That is a deal. I love your set.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to have to take a look. One guy does custom work and made me the most expensive and ugliest ring ever so that is a NO! The other is super high end and I have had some diamond things done there but I don’t know how they feel about moissanite??

I have pretty much had everything made by the same person in LA for years now but I hesitate to send him things to fix because I feel like I have been cheating on the poor guy all summer....

:geek2:Well I certainly wish you luck finding that special jeweler that will accommodate your needs without making you feel guilty or bad for bringing in a beautiful stone like Moissanite to work with. Especially one that does quality work because that is most important! I feel very blessed to have my jeweler and the fact that I can trust him completely. It gets harder and harder to do that these days.sad :((

I had to laugh out loud:lol: at the last part of your comment, that was too cute!;)2

SporkingQueen

Rough_Rock
How long is it typically from the time Tianyu ships out an order to the customer receivinging it? My DHL tracking number doesn't have that info yet as the label was just created. I'm so excited to get my package!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How long is it typically from the time Tianyu ships out an order to the customer receivinging it? My DHL tracking number doesn't have that info yet as the label was just created. I'm so excited to get my package!
Depends on where you are located. When I lived on the US East coast, it took about four business days. Now that I'm in the Midwest, it's 2-3 business days.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Once the tracking starts - it will be 3 to 4 days depending on if it falls over a Sunday. The uses Speedpak so it is pretty fast these days.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. What a STEAL! What do you think of the 10 mm OEC? Does it look like a diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results