shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of image theft

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:58:08 PM
Author: musey

Once again, the fourth pic is Nicrez''s ring.
Ooops.. A little slow over here.. I really need to read and look at all the links before posting..

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shame on Them!!! Isn''t there anything that can be done, about them using Pricescope pictures????

Linda

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I think its my ring!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I have a pic just like that..... I''m trying to find it!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That website is very suspicious. There are too many photos that have been taking in exactly the same light on a white background. Isn't that odd for a company that claims they don't get the ring until it's been sold.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 7:10:03 PM
Author: mia1181
I think its my ring!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I have a pic just like that..... I''m trying to find it!
Okay.... weird.... I have looked at all my posts and I can''t find that pic. Maybe I never posted my similar pic and the diamond shown is in the same setting as mine.... I''ll have to wait until I get home to check the pics on my pc.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Wow just came back here and saw this! I feel badly for starting the post in the first place! I just thought it was an interesting site after reading the owner''s story
emsad.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 7:53:13 PM
Author: niccia
Wow just came back here and saw this! I feel badly for starting the post in the first place! I just thought it was an interesting site after reading the owner''s story
emsad.gif
No don''t feel badly, we needed to know!! Because of YOU, now we do. So thank YOU!!!!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 7:55:22 PM
Author: Kaleigh

emsad.gif
No don''t feel badly, we needed to know!! Because of YOU, now we do. So thank YOU!!!!
1.gif
Absolutely!!
36.gif

I just clicked on the colored shopping cart or whatever that''s supposed to be by my sellers name and got this page. Different email down the page. I should ask for more shots of "my" ring and see what they come up with.
11.gif

http://auction.idonowidont.com/131,userid,shop

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:02:08 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 3/6/2008 7:55:22 PM

Author: Kaleigh

Wow just came back here and saw this! I feel badly for starting the post in the first place! I just thought it was an interesting site after reading the owner's story
emsad.gif
No don't feel badly, we needed to know!! Because of YOU, now we do. So thank YOU!!!!
1.gif
Absolutely!!
36.gif

I just clicked on the colored shopping cart or whatever that's supposed to be by my sellers name and got this page. Different email down the page. I should ask for more shots of 'my' ring and see what they come up with.
11.gif

Oh Ellen! First you're thwarting thieves at home, and NOW PHOTO thievery!!
Dadgummit!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely!!
36.gif

I just clicked on the colored shopping cart or whatever that''s supposed to be by my sellers name and got this page. Different email down the page. I should ask for more shots of ''my'' ring and see what they come up with.
11.gif

Oh you have to do this!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:12:39 PM
Author: Stephanie

Absolutely!!
36.gif

I just clicked on the colored shopping cart or whatever that''s supposed to be by my sellers name and got this page. Different email down the page. I should ask for more shots of ''my'' ring and see what they come up with.
11.gif

Oh you have to do this!!
What shots should I ask for, they''ve got a pretty good selection of views there.
11.gif

Thanks coati!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
haha, I''d ask for more of those outdoor fire shots!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:24:20 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I see a few PS rings on there. SHAMEFUL!!!
29.gif

*I didn''t know rings could be made of platinym, either..
20.gif
Is that like Pleather? (bad joke but i had to say it!!)
16.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:28:46 PM
Author: elle_chris

Is that like Pleather? (bad joke but i had to say it!!)
16.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:20:56 PM
haha, I''d ask for more of those outdoor fire shots!!!
I''ll ask for some outdoor shots, to make sure the H color is ok with me.
41.gif

And what a dip stick. They say all their rings are brand new. Hello, my ring looks far from brand new in that pic.
20.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
when i first saw that fire shot of ellen''s ring, i said out loud "that''s ellen''s ring!"

hehehe
9.gif

sheesh, these people are doing a bait and switch to all the poor customers...
38.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I just clicked on the colored shopping cart or whatever that's supposed to be by my sellers name and got this page. Different email down the page. I should ask for more shots of 'my' ring and see what they come up with.
11.gif

Hmm, Based on Ellen's link, I figured the seller's store is diamonddirectbuy.com. Bingo!
Then I went to the products' page, and look...
They even post these pictures on their website!!! eesh.
23.gif

Wow. I'm so naive that this is the first time I've heard of this. If I wanted to buy a wedding dress on ebay, and I choose a seller because I think they post pictures of their actual products instead of magazine stuff, it still might not be their product at all???? Geez, how can one buy online with confidence now?

psers, fight, fight fiiiiiigggght!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Wondering though, are there internet laws that prevent the pictures we post online from being used elsewhere?
Ethically I know it''s wrong, but what about legally?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:54:10 PM
Wondering though, are there internet laws that prevent the pictures we post online from being used elsewhere?

Ethically I know it's wrong, but what about legally?
I don't think so... I found my wedding gown pic re-posted on another forum w/ a bunch of people commenting on it
14.gif
talk about EW.

I'm pretty sure it IS illegal for them to use pictures that aren't of their actual product, though.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I thought it was awful strange that "james" responded SOOO quickly to the other thread. I guess he was trolling for some new "auctions." I have a feeling he is putting fake ones on there to get people to post theirs (for real).

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:56:12 PM
Author: musey

Date: 3/6/2008 8:54:10 PM

Ethically I know it''s wrong, but what about legally?
I don''t think so... I found my wedding gown pic re-posted on another forum w/ a bunch of people commenting on it
14.gif
talk about EW.

I''m pretty sure it IS illegal for them to use pictures that aren''t of their actual product, though.
That would make me feel uncomfortable. Very weird.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 8:56:28 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
You know I thought it was awful strange that ''james'' responded SOOO quickly to the other thread. I guess he was trolling for some new ''auctions.'' I have a feeling he is putting fake ones on there to get people to post theirs (for real).
I didn''t even read that thread, til just now. *click*

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 9:04:16 PM
Date: 3/6/2008 8:56:28 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

You know I thought it was awful strange that ''james'' responded SOOO quickly to the other thread. I guess he was trolling for some new ''auctions.'' I have a feeling he is putting fake ones on there to get people to post theirs (for real).
I didn''t even read that thread, til just now. *click*

It is horrible and shows a lot about their character (if the founder & his sister know about it....) I can''t imagine how he could not. Such a shame. BBB complaint anyone???

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i think the most disturbing thing isn''t even that these our ''our'' picutres, but that these sellers have taken something from a site that is about consumer protection and educating buyers and twist it into a misrepresentation of their product. the site operator can disclaim responsibility all they want but once the are aware that the vendors are misrepresenting the items, it seems like they should be on the hook if they allow those vendors to continue to sell through their site, especially letting them continue to use their pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results