shape
carat
color
clarity

Put a Fork in Me -- I''m Done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
As some of you know, I’ve been wanting to trade in my round and emerald cut towards the purchase of a similar sized round, but with better color, clarity, and cut. I knew that my round was gorgeous and that I was lucky to have it, but, for me, it just wasn’t “mind clean” on any level. And my emerald cut was just collecting dust in my jewelry box.

I knew going into this that whatever stone I chose had to be IT for me for a very long time, if not forever. My requirements, therefore, were quite strict. I knew from my original 1.5 ct that a G, VS2 combo was my sweet spot; I knew that I didn’t want to sacrifice much, if any, size; and I knew that I wanted a stone that was cut to superideal proportions. I also knew I had my work cut out for me finding such a stone.

After a lot of footwork, however, I eventually found a jeweler who happened to have in her possession the stone of my dreams – a 2.36 ct, G, VS2, AGS 0, H&A. Fortunately, of all the jewelers I spoke to during this process, she was also the most helpful in terms of getting me the most money for my stones AND she offered me a lifetime trade up policy (one of my hubby’s requirements). It was all coming together.

To make sure it was indeed the “stone of my dreams,” I sent it off to Rich Sherwood for a pre-purchase evaluation. He really does amazing work. His evaluation is so detailed and so thorough and the presentation so impressive – I can’t say enough good things about him. He analyzes each aspect of the stone, complete with color photographs and a narrative portion detailing his own thoughts about the 5 Cs as they relate to the stone under examination.

Happily, Rich’s report on this stone was glowing. He said that the spectral colors the stone exhibits in all kinds of lighting situations were “positively amazing”! He also said the stone qualifies as a “Super Ideal Make”, his lab’s most prestigious designation for cut quality. I was grinning from ear to ear as I read the report.

So, as of Friday, it’s a done deal! I drove down to Washington (yet again – logged lots of miles this last week!) and had my jeweler set the stone. It all happened very fast – much faster than I expected, but as soon as this stone came up, I knew I had to jump. I am thrilled, elated, overjoyed, and over the moon! I have no reservations, no regrets, no niggling questions or concerns, and that feels damn good!!

So, without further ado, here is my new stone!

AGS 0, H&A
Carat: 2.36
Measurements: 8.63-8.67 x 5.22
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56.8%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Girdle: 1.3-2.0%
Culet: None
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Light Performance: Ideal

upcloseGVS0001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

upcloseGVS0002.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
WOW! Congrats!!! I want more pics:)

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about how big they are -- hopefully this one will be a bit smaller!

UpcloseGVS10001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
One more....

UpcloseGVS10001_2.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Magnificent!!!
30.gif
I am jealous! I am excited to see you kept your SC setting! It's perfection! So she took both of your other stones??? Wow again!!!

Need handshots, too!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snooper and DS!

DS -- Yup, she took in both stones!!! Pretty sweet deal!! I was very happy to be able to keep my SC setting too. That was one of the reasons I wanted to stay in a similar size range. If I had gone smaller, I would have had to get a new setting, and we all know what a nightmare that can be. This stone has almost the exact same measurements as my old one, so they just swapped the stones. Piece of cake!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dem I'm so happy this all worked out for you! That stone is GEORGOUS -- it looks there there are pink and green fireworks exploding inside of it in that last shot!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks just lovely!!! so happy that you managed to get it all worked out and end up with exactly what you wanted!! and fab that it''s basically the same size as your old stone so there''s no pesky shrinkage issues!

your camera is taking some sweet shots there....love that last one with the pinks and greens!! now where are the flowers?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay Dem. it''s sooooo beautiful. I''m so glad you were able to get everything you wanted and not your mind can rest at ease. love, love, love it. once i get my new stone we''ll have to start a "show me your G''s" thread
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow- it''s absolutely incredible Demelza

What a spectacular stone

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, Dee Jay, and Mrs S!!

Yes, it''s so nice to be done with all this craziness and just feel at peace.

I think a "Show me Your G Stones" thread sounds like a great idea, Mrs S! Can''t wait for you to get yours!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Dem!!!! Please give us some more pics when you get a chance. Just love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Wooohoo, that stone is just stunning!!!! We definitely need many more photos! Hand shots are also mandatory!! I''m so glad it all worked out--you really got a beauty. Congratulations!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WHOAAAAA girl, you have been ***BUSY***!!!
23.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
OHMYWORD! Unbelievable!

Well! What a SAW-WEET stone!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It is GORGEOUS -- positively STUNNING! I think the word "PERFECT" may also be quite appropriate! May this one thrill your eyes (and your MIND!
2.gif
) for may, many years!!! Congratulations!

And MORE PICTURES, PLEEEEEEASE!!!

xoxoxo
Lynn

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the new stone-- it''s GORGEOUS-- I love all the different colors emitting from it. More and more photos please.
31.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Dem, it''s gorgeous!!!!!! I love it, and it''s got crazy fire!!!!!
30.gif
29.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Demelza I''m so glad that you got a trade all worked out! Your new diamond is absolutely spectacular and the specs are terrific!!!
10.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
GREAT shots! What a beauty.
21.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! So glad that everything worked out for you and you got a stone you are very happy with. Congrats and best wishes for many years to come!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Dem, I go away for 3 days and come home to this stunner....AAAAAAHHHHH. Cognratulations on finding a super ideal!!! No small feat and the stone is just dazzling. I could get lost just staring for hours. I''m also very, very happy you decided to stick with your SC setting. I was always hoping you would since it looks totally at home and perfect on your hand! And now with this beauty of a rock....you have really done it!!!!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, Dem, that stone is just AMAZING!!!!!
30.gif
18.gif

So happy for you that it all worked out in the end!
Cant wait to see the hand pics! Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza, that is without a doubt the most fabulous diamond I have ever seen, honestly you have my dream stone!!!! Please post more pictures!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS stone!!!! I love the green & pink pic - stunning!!
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza

That is the most amazing diamond!! Just exceptionally beautiful, really spectacular!!!
Hand shots please.
36.gif
I want to see that puppy on your hand!!! It''s incredible!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 3:33:40 PM
Author:Demelza

AND she offered me a lifetime trade up policy (one of my hubby’s requirements). It was all coming together.
Your DH is one smart cookie!!!!lol
1.gif
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Alex, it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all SO much for your kind words. I know it probably seems kind of crazy to "upgrade" to a stone that's exactly the same size, especially given that my old stone really was beautiful. But this one just SINGS to me and feels just right. The lesson I learned here is never to talk myself into something that I know deep down isn't right. I told the baby all about the new stone and she's very happy about it too, hehe.

I have a few more pics. No hand pics yet. It's easier for me to get good shots when I can move the stone around, but I'll get a hand shot tomorrow. Speaking of hands, I'm wondering how much longer I'll even be able to wear the ring before my fingers get too swollen from pregnancy. Is that inevitable? Is it possible my hands won't change size? I sure hope so!

Okay, more pics....

ETA I feel like a lot of these pictures are repetitive. Hopefully they're different enough to be interesting!

GVS2360001.JPG

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so dreamy!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
This reminds me of a shot Kristy got of her stone that I just loved.

GVS2360004.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results