carat
color
clarity

Beautiful cowhide bags!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1487825358|4132450 said:
I want hobo stat!!! I like a little less white because I get scared that the white parts will get dirty. I like the calico cow hides better than the tabbies!

PintoBean|1487825157|4132449 said:
I want to join the Chicago party!!! The PS GTG should be a cowhide bling fest!

PintoBean, I understand you are now in the queue for Friday too! We're all going to have to get together and introduce our cows to each other -- bling and purses GTG at my house!

Hmmm... maybe I should work on that... We haven't had a little Chicago GTG for a while. Red and Lovedogs we fully expect you to come in for the event! :lol:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487863461|4132543 said:
Vintagelover, those fabrics (? - is that the right word?) are just STUNNING! I remember seeing a pic of you carrying your bub in a very colorful wrap a while ago and being so impressed by how beautiful the piece was!

I have quite a few now :rolleyes: Sold my jewels and got into textile arts...not quite as expensive but some mommas are carrying their kids is 2k+ baby wraps/carriers in handwoven textiles. One time I know of a series of wraps (there were I think 5 or 6 pieces of wrap that came from the fabric) went for 23k. So yeah, handwoven isn't for the faint of heart or the cheap of the wallet.

Thank you. I can't take the credit for the weaving but I can for the colorplay. It's quite something seeing it in one form and then it going to another. To have a hand in creating such a beautiful piece of fabric is really rewarding. Knowing just how much enjoyment and joy pretty textiles bring to my life and someone someday wearing and using something I had a hand in creating is quite exciting for me.

Now if I could just learn how to sew so I could weave my own stuff up and make pretty bags and clothing out of it that would be a dream. As of right now I trade for others to do that portion for me. I wonder if your friend likes water color artwork...maybe I'll reach out and try and get myself a small bag in exchange for some art I have on hand. I find that artist tend to be the bartering kind as long as its not a medium they work with themselves!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1487867605|4132584 said:
Vintagelover, those fabrics (? - is that the right word?) are just STUNNING! I remember seeing a pic of you carrying your bub in a very colorful wrap a while ago and being so impressed by how beautiful the piece was!

I have quite a few now :rolleyes: Sold my jewels and got into textile arts...not quite as expensive but some mommas are carrying their kids is 2k+ baby wraps/carriers in handwoven textiles. One time I know of a series of wraps (there were I think 5 or 6 pieces of wrap that came from the fabric) went for 23k. So yeah, handwoven isn't for the faint of heart or the cheap of the wallet.

Thank you. I can't take the credit for the weaving but I can for the colorplay. It's quite something seeing it in one form and then it going to another. To have a hand in creating such a beautiful piece of fabric is really rewarding. Knowing just how much enjoyment and joy pretty textiles bring to my life and someone someday wearing and using something I had a hand in creating is quite exciting for me.

Now if I could just learn how to sew so I could weave my own stuff up and make pretty bags and clothing out of it that would be a dream. As of right now I trade for others to do that portion for me. I wonder if your friend likes water color artwork...maybe I'll reach out and try and get myself a small bag in exchange for some art I have on hand. I find that artist tend to be the bartering kind as long as its not a medium they work with themselves!

That's a really interesting idea! I don't know if she'll go for it but if you have something fun or related (like cows in a field :lol: ) it may be a great trade!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read her story of how she got started and am moved to tears. What a beautiful soul this woman has, and determination and character. Rare gem these days. BUY MORE BAGS LADIES! LOL!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487867762|4132585 said:
vintagelover229|1487867605|4132584 said:

That's a really interesting idea! I don't know if she'll go for it but if you have something fun or related (like cows in a field :lol: ) it may be a great trade!

I reached out. Worse she can say is no! I get a lot of no's but I've traded the artwork for seamstress work, for custom pieces of jewelry being made-currently I am having a pair of custom white fox fur mukluks, matching hat and gauntlets made with beautiful bead work for about 5 of the pieces I had on hand so you never know who is interested in some nice art to add to their collection :) That's just the ones off the top of my head too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1487868456|4132595 said:
I just read her story of how she got started and am moved to tears. What a beautiful soul this woman has, and determination and character. Rare gem these days. BUY MORE BAGS LADIES! LOL!

Vintagelover, I'm so glad you reached out! And yes, her story is very lovely. You should hear her talk about her mother -- so moving! I'm really sorry that I never had the opportunity to meet Harriet because I'm sure she was an amazing person based on everything Sheryl has told me about her.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintagelover your work is impressive and beautiful!!! START A THREAD!!!! i want to see more! The colors make me so happy!

Dee*Jay I sent an e-mail to Sheryl late last night - hopefully I didn't goof the e-mail address or type gibberish because I was getting very tired. I covet a hobo and a sling :love:

I can't wait till we have "Show Me The BAG!!!!" posts!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1487873653|4132629 said:
Vintagelover your work is impressive and beautiful!!! START A THREAD!!!! i want to see more! The colors make me so happy!

Dee*Jay I sent an e-mail to Sheryl late last night - hopefully I didn't goof the e-mail address or type gibberish because I was getting very tired. I covet a hobo and a sling :love:

PintoBean, according to the message I got from Sheryl your email must have been perfectly coherent, and she did mention a hobo and a sling. Be careful girlfriend, next thing you know you'll be in the Seven Bag Club! :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay said:
PintoBean|1487873653|4132629 said:

PintoBean, according to the message I got from Sheryl your email must have been perfectly coherent, and she did mention a hobo and a sling. Be careful girlfriend, next thing you know you'll be in the Seven Bag Club! :naughty:
SQUEEEEE! I mean MOOOOOOO!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487864025|4132549 said:
I want hobo stat!!! I like a little less white because I get scared that the white parts will get dirty. I like the calico cow hides better than the tabbies!

PintoBean, I understand you are now in the queue for Friday too! We're all going to have to get together and introduce our cows to each other -- bling and purses GTG at my house!

Hmmm... maybe I should work on that... We haven't had a little Chicago GTG for a while. Red and Lovedogs we fully expect you to come in for the event! :lol:

Let's do it. Name a weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1487879178|4132667 said:

OK! I'll put up a thread now and see if there's any interest. Maybe end of March, beginning of April...? I'll throw out Mar. 25 and April 1 and see what people think!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487879471|4132669 said:

OK! I'll put up a thread now and see if there's any interest. Maybe end of March, beginning of April...? I'll throw out Mar. 25 and April 1 and see what people think!

I would love to but I am on a travel ban. LOL. You all have a wonderful time!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487879532|4132670 said:
Dee*Jay|1487879471|4132669 said:

I would love to but I am on a travel ban
. LOL. You all have a wonderful time!!

What?!? NO! Whoever instituted that ban please put them in touch immediately, we will set them straight! (And if it is a SELF instituted ban please be advised that we will be using all manner of persuasion!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487807787|4132354 said:
monarch64|1487803764|4132338 said:
I just want to know one thing: how the hell did a cow bag thread pile up 3 pages of comments in mere hours? DeeJay, you need to take over Hangout, obv.

And not one mean word among us all day!

Cows trump Chump! :cheeky:

And Dee is Queen Bee!!!!!!!
I nominate Dee ambassador of Pricescope and friend to all...except those poor cows that is... :lol: I keeed, I keeed... :lol:

Love you Dee! :kiss:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487779597|4132135 said:
redwood66|1487779262|4132131 said:
Thank you!!!!

OMG I love this one because it is a long hair!!!!

Red, she has another one that I saw last week that also has long hair and it's got the "swirl" on the side -- SO adorable!!!

She also just made one that is almost all black and has a tiny bit of brown but the hide is super dense and wavy. I just wanted to pet it, ha ha!

I'm surprised no one pointed this out, but isn't the "swirl" a cowlick? Isn't that where the word came from? BTW I LOVE calf hair bags and these are awesome!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1487944547|4132878 said:
Dee*Jay|1487807787|4132354 said:
monarch64|1487803764|4132338 said:
I just want to know one thing: how the hell did a cow bag thread pile up 3 pages of comments in mere hours? DeeJay, you need to take over Hangout, obv.

And not one mean word among us all day!

Cows trump Chump! :cheeky:

And Dee is Queen Bee!!!!!!!
I nominate Dee ambassador of Pricescope and friend to all...except those poor cows that is... :lol: I keeed, I keeed... :lol:

Love you Dee! :kiss:

LOL Missy, I actually have a stemless wine glass that says Queen Bee! I rarely use it though because it's so big that I need two hands to hold it and any wine glass that can contain that much wine is probably a bad idea -- "But honey, I've only had ONE!" :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DAF|1487945999|4132892 said:
Thank you!!!!

Red, she has another one that I saw last week that also has long hair and it's got the "swirl" on the side -- SO adorable!!!

She also just made one that is almost all black and has a tiny bit of brown but the hide is super dense and wavy. I just wanted to pet it, ha ha!

I'm surprised no one pointed this out, but isn't the "swirl" a cowlick? Isn't that where the word came from? BTW I LOVE calf hair bags and these are awesome!

:lol: Actually the word cowlick comes from the fact that a cow licks its calf and a curly pattern appears. Cows lick in a circle pattern with their tongue.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!!!

DAF, LOL! There are a variety of little swirls on a cow but the "main swirl" is the one in the exact center of it's back. Lightening has a a great main swirl (not sure if you can see it in any of the pics I've posted because it's on the opposite side of the bag from the while lightening bolt so it's usually back where I bend my elbow). I've also seen some other swirls on bags in Sheryl's studios that were pretty awesome -- that's my favorite part of the hide! I've got three cowhide rugs in my living room and they all have cool swirls too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487947103|4132901 said:
Thank you!!!!

:lol: Actually the word cowlick comes from the fact that a cow licks its calf and a curly pattern appears. Cows lick in a circle pattern with their tongue.

How funny is that?! I had forgotten about reading that little bit of trivia until you mentioned it. We are a group full of interesting information! If there were a Trivial Pursuit contest pitting PS against any other group I have no doubt we would win!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487947575|4132909 said:
Thank you!!!!

How funny is that?! I had forgotten about reading that little bit of trivia until you mentioned it. We are a group full of interesting information! If there were a Trivial Pursuit contest pitting PS against any other group I have no doubt we would win!

I retained some info in my many years of growing up around hundreds of mama cows and babies. :lol:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm coveting the silvery bag!

RE: cowlicks - I have a few at my hairline and a huge one where my natural part ends towards the back of my head. I swear they're genetic, as my sibs and I share them as well as a mole on the right cheek (face).

A cow licking itself in that swirl pattern is what came to mind when I read the post. Kinda makes the bag more personalized (by the cow, that is).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DAF|1487951421|4132937 said:
I'm coveting the silvery bag!

RE: cowlicks - I have a few at my hairline and a huge one where my natural part ends towards the back of my head. I swear they're genetic, as my sibs and I share them as well as a mole on the right cheek (face).

A cow licking itself in that swirl pattern is what came to mind when I read the post. Kinda makes the bag more personalized (by the cow, that is).

I bet I know where you can get a silver bag JUST like that! :wink2:

As for cowlicks, I've got two also. One in the back of my head, more toward the middle, and other on the left side in front, which sometimes cooperates with my bangs and sometimes doesn't... Since my hair is in a short pixie it makes it a challenge for the people who cut my hair since those two areas will stick up if they aren't careful and account for the "swirl". I've suffered through some really bad "Alfalfa" from the Little Rascals situations over the years after a bad cut!

Now that you mention it, my brother has the same one I do in the front on the left. I'll have to see if he's got the one in back too!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squee! I just picked out a MOOOvelous hobo! I'm refreshing my e-mail like crazy awaiting my sling options from Sheryl. :dance:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487947831|4132911 said:
Thank you!!!!

I retained some info in my many years of growing up around hundreds of mama cows and babies. :lol:

Cows are some of my favorite animals. I am so jealous that you grew up around them. There is a house near ours that has a few cows, and it's the first time I've ever lived anywhere near them. I've wanted to go to the house since I moved and ask if they need someone to brush/talk to/snuggle their cows, but DH told me that was creepy. So now I'm embarrassed and have't done it. :oops:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487978025|4133260 said:
Thank you!!!!

Cows are some of my favorite animals. I am so jealous that you grew up around them. There is a house near ours that has a few cows, and it's the first time I've ever lived anywhere near them. I've wanted to go to the house since I moved and ask if they need someone to brush/talk to/snuggle their cows, but DH told me that was creepy. So now I'm embarrassed and have't done it. :oops:

:lol: Their cows may not be tame for that kind of interaction. Most aren't. I have to tell you that on a scale of smart animals cows are not anywhere near the top. Pretty dumb actually. That is sweet of you to want to though!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red and Lovedogs, Sheryl is getting stuff ready to email to you ladies!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487978578|4133268 said:
lovedogs|1487978025|4133260 said:
Thank you!!!!

:lol: Their cows may not be tame for that kind of interaction. Most aren't. I have to tell you that on a scale of smart animals cows are not anywhere near the top. Pretty dumb actually. That is sweet of you to want to though!

I knew they weren't the brightest. But I didn't know they might not be ok with interaction. I always assumed they were big, goofy, and nice. haha probably wishful thinking from the person who wants to cuddle them!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cows are so dumb.
Good thing they're so tasty.

Once I watched a cow laying down on the grass just resting peacefully, chewing her cud.
The cow standing above her crapped right on her face.
She didn't move, or even turn her head. :nono: :knockout:

I'm not making this up.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1487982799|4133285 said:
Cows are so dumb.

Once I watched a cow laying down on the grass just resting peacefully, chewing her cud.

I'm not making this up.

hahahahahhaaha :lol:
But to be fair, I've seen dogs run in order to dive into another dog's pee stream :errrr: :errrr:

Somehow that only makes cows more endearing to me.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487986868|4133315 said:
kenny|1487982799|4133285 said:
Cows are so dumb.

I'm not making this up.

hahahahahhaaha :lol:
But to be fair, I've seen dogs run in order to dive into another dog's pee stream :errrr: :errrr:

Somehow that only makes cows more endearing to me.

LOLOL good lord!! Crazy animals!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results