carat
color
clarity

Beautiful cowhide bags!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487790023|4132250 said:
Red - I just talked to Sheryl. She's going to reach out on Friday when she gets home (but if you don't hear from her don't hesitate to email her again because sometimes she gets busy!). She though you were interested in a tote based on your email (and sent me a pic of one to post) but I told her you may be leaning toward the hobos. As I mentioned, she's got some that she just made that she doesn't have any pics of to send me to post unfortunately but she can get them to you on Friday.

The middle one of the hobo that I posted (that you like) may also be the same one as the last hobo I posted on the door knob (or at least it's very similar). The hair is not long though, I think those were smooooooother cows. :lol:

I keep looking at the black and white one! It makes more sense because I already have a brown one. If she could add the extra strap I might be in for that one!

No worries on waiting until Friday. Is that black and white one available?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are totes that Sheryl has with her and she send me pics.

The top one is BEAUTIFUL! I saw it last week.

The middle on is like the big brother to my Pinto!

Cheeta Cow at the bottom is F.U.N.!

tote_2.jpg

tote_1.jpg

tote_3.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! I love the top one too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487790141|4132252 said:
Red - I just talked to Sheryl. She's going to reach out on Friday when she gets home (but if you don't hear from her don't hesitate to email her again because sometimes she gets busy!). She though you were interested in a tote based on your email (and sent me a pic of one to post) but I told her you may be leaning toward the hobos. As I mentioned, she's got some that she just made that she doesn't have any pics of to send me to post unfortunately but she can get them to you on Friday.

The middle one of the hobo that I posted (that you like) may also be the same one as the last hobo I posted on the door knob (or at least it's very similar). The hair is not long though, I think those were smooooooother cows. :lol:

I keep looking at the black and white one! It makes more sense because I already have a brown one. If she could add the extra strap I might be in for that one!

I *believe* the black and white one is still available (I'm 99% sure I saw it last week in the studio) but it makes me nervous to say 100% sure! If you think that is something you're interested in let her know because Murphy's Law -- you'll decide you can't live without it and she'll sell it out of the trunk of her car, ha ha! The second extra strap will likely be a little bit of extra money (I just wanted to mention that because she sells two kids of straps for the slings, leather and chain, and if people get both to swap them out that is a little more). And make sure she knows you're talking about a HOBO (couldn't hurt to send her a pic if possible so there's no confusion).

BTW, I'm really digging this long extra strap idea -- I may ask for one myself to swap out on Moo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487790416|4132256 said:
Those are beautiful! I love the top one too.

The top one actually tempted me to trade Spot in... but I somehow resisted!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a messenger bag she has with her. These are really a great size! note the curved flap -- some of them are straight across (like mine) and some have a little "flair" to them.

messenger_curved_flap.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd I NEED a "Dee*Jay" bag!!! Friday can't come soon enough Sheryl!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheryl has given me permission to post prices. She wanted me to be clear that these are sale prices for Feb/Mar for you ladies to buy direct from her. (She doesn't want to give the impression these are retail prices because if anyone has a store and sees these then I guess they try to go in and get the bags in bulk for half of that or something... ??? I don't really understand the world of pricing in this context so I'm just making sure I put out there what she told me.

I also didn't realize the hobos are harder/cost more to make than the totes because they use the same amount of hide but the straps are more expensive due to the hardware, but she's offering them at the same price.

Tote $250

Hobo $250

Messenger $235

Slings $95

Mini-slings $75

Clutch $75

Cell phone cases $25

Eyeglass cases $25

Flasks $30

Shipping is extra, and I imagine any other things (like additional straps) are also extra.

LOL, my little bag obsession has really taken on a life of its own!

P.S. - I feel like I should give the caveat that if I'm made any mistakes here Sheryl reserves the right to correct me. Once a compliance officer, always a compliance officer! :cheeky:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487790699|4132259 said:

I *believe* the black and white one is still available (I'm 99% sure I saw it last week in the studio) but it makes me nervous to say 100% sure! If you think that is something you're interested in let her know because Murphy's Law -- you'll decide you can't live without it and she'll sell it out of the trunk of her car, ha ha! The second extra strap will likely be a little bit of extra money (I just wanted to mention that because she sells two kids of straps for the slings, leather and chain, and if people get both to swap them out that is a little more). And make sure she knows you're talking about a HOBO (couldn't hurt to send her a pic if possible so there's no confusion).

BTW, I'm really digging this long extra strap idea -- I may ask for one myself to swap out on Moo!

I just emailed her again and asked about the extra strap. I love versatility and I think this would be great! Yes you need one for Moo too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487791252|4132268 said:

I just emailed her again and asked about the extra strap. I love versatility and I think this would be great! Yes you need one for Moo too!

I *think* it would just be a matter of putting the hobo hardware on a messenger strap so you could just swap them out. Here's the hardware on Moo.

img_0207.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1487791186|4132266 said:
Ermagherd I NEED a "Dee*Jay" bag!!! Friday can't come soon enough Sheryl!!!!

Hahahahahah! Pinto you crack me up!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487791998|4132274 said:
redwood66|1487791252|4132268 said:

I *think* it would just be a matter of putting the hobo hardware on a messenger strap so you could just swap them out. Here's the hardware on Moo.

I see. Yes I think that would work! Then one does not have to leave the shoulder strap on there. Good idea.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487790806|4132261 said:
Here's a messenger bag she has with her. These are really a great size! note the curved flap -- some of them are straight across (like mine) and some have a little "flair" to them.

BAHHHHHH this curved flap changes the game for me! I don't really like messenger bags with straight across flaps, but now I'm wanting this too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what Sheryl's day looks like on Friday since she'll just be getting home then but I can run up there then or this weekend (more likely Sunday than Saturday though) if you ladies need anything specific (pics of what stuff looks like on a real -- albeit SHORT! -- person, opinions on different choices, etc.). She's got more totes, messengers and hobos that what I've been able to post pics of, and has a TON of clutches and slings/mini slings so if there's anything in particular you want I can go through the inventory and post photos. I'm using a clutch as a wallet right now BTW and I really like it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487792149|4132277 said:
Dee*Jay|1487790806|4132261 said:

BAHHHHHH this curved flap changes the game for me! I don't really like messenger bags with straight across flaps, but now I'm wanting this too!

Oh Lovedogs, that's a whole new world then! She has a lot of messengers with interesting flaps! I have pics of a few and she had one messenger there last week that was like the love child of Spot and Lightening with a cool flap! No pic of that one but it's more brown/black with white on the front and then the back is more white with brown/black. If I didn't already have a messenger that I'm in love with I would have bought it on the spot! Let me see if I've got to post...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487792474|4132278 said:
I'm not sure what Sheryl's day looks like on Friday since she'll just be getting home then but I can run up there then or this weekend (more likely Sunday than Saturday though) if you ladies need anything specific (pics of what stuff looks like on a real -- albeit SHORT! -- person, opinions on different choices, etc.). She's got more totes, messengers and hobos that what I've been able to post pics of, and has a TON of clutches and slings/mini slings so if there's anything in particular you want I can go through the inventory and post photos. I'm using a clutch as a wallet right now BTW and I really like it!

You are such a dear! I guess my only request would be the flat measurements of Moo (hobo). I have a suede Dooney crossbody that is my favorite bag and it is about 12x12 square. Does it have a bottom piece to add width or is it just two pieces sewn together? I can't really tell from the pics.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She also sent me some photos last week to share with my friend (who decided to go with Blaze). Let me look for those too.

img_0208.png

img_0209.png

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those bags!

I have a friend who's daughter in law also makes stunning leather bags, they don't have hair on them but for anyone ISO something a bit more structured, who also carries vegan leather options she has some super sexy high quality hand made bags as well. If I was a purse person I would have one of the cow hide ones and one of these!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/lyonhartbagco

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1487793614|4132287 said:
I love those bags!

I have a friend who's daughter in law also makes stunning leather bags, they don't have hair on them but for anyone ISO something a bit more structured, who also carries vegan leather options she has some super sexy high quality hand made bags as well. If I was a purse person I would have one of the cow hide ones and one of these!

Oh wow vintagelover, those are really cool! I especially like the saddle bag style!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, those are the only two I can find but here are a couple from her site. She also makes clutches with a more interesting flap (here's the pic from her site).

messenger_from_site_1.jpg

messenger_from_site_2.jpg

clutches_2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***** CAVEAT *****

I should point out that these are all ONE OF A KIND! I don't know what Sheryl does or doesn't have in inventory so please (unless SHE tells you otherwise!) look at these as EXAMPLES! In addition to what she has in her studio (where people come and make purchases) she also has inventory with her literally in the trunk of her car (!) that is available for sale. This message is just to set expectations -- I would hate for someone to fall in love with something and then find out it's sold so I want to make sure I put that caveat out there. If it makes you feel any better though, I fell in love with something off her site and when I went looking for it at the One Of A Kind Show it was sold but I got things I liked BETTER.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1487793614|4132287 said:
I love those bags!

Those are lovely! I like the foldover ones especially!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487792998|4132282 said:

You are such a dear! I guess my only request would be the flat measurements of Moo (hobo). I have a suede Dooney crossbody that is my favorite bag and it is about 12x12 square. Does it have a bottom piece to add width or is it just two pieces sewn together? I can't really tell from the pics.

Red, I'm going to do my best to explain this and hope it makes sense!

The bag is made from one piece of hide and the "bottom" is squared off by virtue of the way the corners are sewn but it is a soft structure. I hope my pics explain this better!

The bottom of the bag across is about 12" but the top is about 16" across when I measure it perfectly flat. So if the bag is empty it *looks* wider at the top than at the bottom. Does that make sense...?

The squared off width at the bottom is about 4-1/2". The bottom has a *bit* of structure just because it's sewn in a way that makes it flat, but there's nothing hard in there.

These are hand made items so I'm sure it's possible for bags to have slightly different measurements but I think in general they are relatively standard.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics

img_15220.jpg

img_0217.jpg

img_15221.jpg

img_15222.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The totes, messengers, slings and clutches are different than the hobos BTW because they are not squared off/wider at the bottom. I can take pics of those too if anyone wants them to show how they are sewn.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487795303|4132296 said:

The bag is made from one piece of hide and the "bottom" is squared off by virtue of the way the corners are sewn but it is a soft structure. I hope my pics explain this better!

The bottom of the bag across is about 12" but the top is about 16" across when I measure it perfectly flat. So if the bag is empty it *looks* wider at the top than at the bottom. Does that make sense...?

The squared off width at the bottom is about 4-1/2". The bottom has a *bit* of structure just because it's sewn in a way that makes it flat, but there's nothing hard in there.

These are hand made items so I'm sure it's possible for bags to have slightly different measurements but I think in general they are relatively standard.

Actually you made total sense. The top being wider allows for that lovely kind of fold when it is slung. The bottom sounds kind of like a gusset on each side to give a bit of shape? I am excited to get one of these! You have been so sweet to spend so much time posting pics and info. :appl:

edit - I was typing while you were posting pics. I can see now and that is what I was thinking.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487795765|4132300 said:
Dee*Jay|1487795303|4132296 said:

Actually you made total sense. The top being wider allows for that lovely kind of fold when it is slung. The bottom sounds kind of like a gusset on each side to give a bit of shape? I am excited to get one of these! You have been so sweet to spend so much time posting pics and info. :appl:

edit - I was typing while you were posting pics. I can see now and that is what I was thinking.

Yes, sorry, I hit send before I attached the pics the first time -- oops!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto or Lovedogs, not sure which one of you it was but Sheryl said she received an email from you too.

(Or I guess it could be someone else entirely, but I'm assuming it was one of you two. Whoever it was, she got your message! :lol: )

Sheryl's gonna be very busy on Friday processing the PS orders, ha ha!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, this one has your name written all over it (and I'm pretty sure I saw it in the studio last week)!

BTW, this is much prettier in person -- it looks drab in the photo.

img_0223.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the tote is made from the same hide as my sling and this is truer depiction of the coloring (on my screen anyway).

sling_-_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results