shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful cowhide bags!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In LLJsmom's thread about organizing purses I mentioned that I have become friends with a lady who makes gorgeous cowhide bags. I met her at the One Of A Kind Show in December (it's an event in Chicago where artists an artisans get together and display and sell their wares) and I just adore her!

I now own SEVEN of her bags (yikes!) and Distracts asked for pics, so in an effort not to further take LLJsmom's thread even further off track (sorry about that!) here is a separate thread.

In this pic I'm carrying a tote (I named him Spot!), my friend on the left has a sling, and on the right is my friend with a messenger bag (which is actually mine, but she had it in the pic). Sorry we are all bundled up to the gills -- it was freezing that day and we didn't think to take the pic until we all had our coats on to leave!

3_muskateers.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of Sheryl's bags on display.

_39084.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:think: ...Are these bags made from Trump hide?... :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my three totes.

The top one - Spot - is my favorite!

Lightening (the middle one) is super fun!

The bottom one (Shimomma) is hard to capture in a pic -- it's very shimmery and goes between taupe and grey.

(And yes, LOL, I've named them all!)

tote_-_spot.jpg

tote_-_lightening.jpg

tote_-_shimomma.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ I love the one you have called Spot! Looks like a gorgeous brindle Longhorn cowhide.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here I am with Lightening at a holiday market. This sign was so cute I had to hold it up with my bag!

holy_cow.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hobo -- Moo!

It's hard to get a good sense of the hobos because they are a soft U-shape, but Sheryl posted a pic on her Facebook page of someone holding one that I'll put up here too.

hobo_-_moo.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bags! I like the pattern on the Lightening.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is from a trunk show that Sheryl did (pic is from Facebook).

hobo.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my friend's messenger, Blaze. I forgot to get a pic of her carrying it when we were in Aspen last week.

messenger_-_blaze.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my sling and clutch.

sling_-_pinto.jpg

clutch_-_maizie.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of them DJ!!!!!

Can I show you mine? My DH had this custom made for me with silver conchos and my initials.

dscn1898.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Sheryl have a website because I LOVE Spot!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the website: http://www.harrietshides.com/

And this is Sheryl and a pic with her lovely mom, Harriet.

Sheryl hand stamps a red rose as her "logo" on every bag in honor of her mother (who unfortunately passed away) because she was a teacher and wore a red rose every day to school. The story is one the website if you click on the "About Harriet's Hide's" link at the top. So touching!

sheryl.jpg

with_mom.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!!!

OMG I love this one because it is a long hair!!!!

tote3.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487779070|4132128 said:

Red -- I LOVE your bag!!!

Her website is: http://www.harrietshides.com/

Note that her website is under construction and she has other things than what are displayed on there. If you want something specific like a "Spot" she can send you pics from her current inventory in her studio. I was just in her studio last week and she's got some GORGEOUS new bags that she JUST made!

Here is her contact info -- she's very responsive on email. (She is in a short trip for her birthday this week though so please don't be disappointed in you reach out to her and don't get an immediate response today/tomorrow!)

email: [email protected]

(847) 668 8668

If you reach out to her tell her Dee sent you!

Her pricing is also VERY reasonable. I don't want to post it her without her permission, but I'll ask her if I she would be comfortable giving me numbers that I can share.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487779262|4132131 said:
Thank you!!!!

OMG I love this one because it is a long hair!!!!

Red, she has another one that I saw last week that also has long hair and it's got the "swirl" on the side -- SO adorable!!!

She also just made one that is almost all black and has a tiny bit of brown but the hide is super dense and wavy. I just wanted to pet it, ha ha!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1487778761|4132121 said:
Gorgeous bags! I like the pattern on the Lightening.

Baby Monster, Lightening is so much fun! Here's a cute story... I was flying back from somewhere and I had Lightening laying flat on my lap. I took a little nap and when I woke up the lady in the seat next to me was reading her book with one hand and petting Lightening with the other. When she realized it she was so embarrassed, but I thought it was funny!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487779513|4132134 said:

Note that her website is under construction and she has other things than what are displayed on there. If you want something specific like a "Spot" she can send you pics from her current inventory in her studio. I was just in her studio last week and she's got some GORGEOUS new bags that she JUST made!

Here is her contact info -- she's very responsive on email. (She is in a short trip for her birthday this week though so please don't be disappointed in you reach out to her and don't get an immediate response today/tomorrow!)

(847) 668 8668

Her pricing is also VERY reasonable. I don't want to post it her without her permission, but I'll ask her if I she would be comfortable giving me numbers that I can share.

I just emailed her. Thank you! I love bags that are different and have always loved cowhide ones. Must be the cowgirl in me. :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty and very unique looking...they look really soft like you would want to pat it all day! :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a link to her public Facebook page with more pics. https://www.facebook.com/HarrietsHides/

I really think she's got a great business and I'm trying to think of ways to help her. I've reach out to two people I know in the PR world, I think a monthly email distribution with new stuff would be a good idea, and I'd love to do a "purse party" at my house.

Being a legal/numbers person I am just in awe of the creative types!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487779789|4132139 said:
Dee*Jay|1487779513|4132134 said:

(847) 668 8668

I just emailed her. Thank you! I love bags that are different and have always loved cowhide ones. Must be the cowgirl in me. :lol:

Red, I just emailed her for you too. Can't wait to see what you get! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1487779859|4132140 said:
Pretty and very unique looking...they look really soft like you would want to pat it all day! :)

tyty, I confess I just *might* give the bags a stroke or two every now and then when I'm carrying them or sitting down with one on my lap. ;))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bags!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! I wish they were a bit more structured. My problem is that every unstructured bag I have, I filled that badboy to the rim with useless crap :lol:

right now I carry my vintage Coach Willis. It keeps me in line. ;-)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1487780855|4132158 said:
Beautiful bags!!

LOL, I actually think of YOU all the time because I named my sling Pinto (like Pinto pony) but most of the time I can it Pinto Bean!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1487780948|4132159 said:
Nice! I wish they were a bit more structured. My problem is that every unstructured bag I have, I filled that badboy to the rim with useless crap :lol:

right now I carry my vintage Coach Willis. It keeps me in line. ;-)

You need one of those organizers we were talking about in LLJsmom's thread, ha ha! Last week when I flew to Aspen I took Spot and had my laptop (in it's protective cover), a bunch of charging cords, a couple of magazines, my baggie of liquids (I'm pre-check but you just never know...), some granola bars and my wallet. I don't normally carry nearly that much stuff, but on that trip I did and it all fit with room to spare.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487780385|4132148 said:

tyty, I confess I just *might* give the bags a stroke or two every now and then when I'm carrying them or sitting down with one on my lap. ;))

I knew it! :))

Have you thought about posting some of her bags on pinterest? Might get her some hits.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1487781776|4132168 said:
Dee*Jay|1487780385|4132148 said:

I knew it! :))

Have you thought about posting some of her bags on pinterest? Might get her some hits.

tyty, what an awesome idea! I'm not on pinterest but I'll ask if she is. She also had an etsy site at one point but it was a bit complicated managing the inventory as she also sells directly out of her studio so that is not up and running at this time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results