carat
color
clarity

Beautiful cowhide bags!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1488730235|4136759 said:
^ Yup! I've committed to buy that hobo and just waiting on the PayPal invoice to come my way later today ... Thanks again for all your posts/assistance; really can't wait to see and feel it in person but am willing myself to be patient til the end of the week by which hopefully the parcel will be delivered!

Patience is not my strong suite so I totally understand!

BTW, when we came home last night from the party there was a skunk strolling around in my complex (!!!) and once I got over the shock of the situation all I could think was, that thing would make a great clutch... HAHAHAHAHA! :devil:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry to derail a bit, but wanted to share something I found on Etsy (love that site!) that might be appealing to those of you who like cowhide. This is goat hair, but I think how it's been "carved/cut" is incredible. I'm considering buying one as a laptop case/clutch in order to satiate my newfound desire for "hide" (thanks to Dee and this thread!). Just wanted to share in case others are drawn to it like I am :)

Link to the Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/161766229/13-inch-macbook-air-leather-laptop-bag?ref=related2

Example pics in case people don't want to click links:
il_570xN.498244445_iubd.jpg il_570xN.654330239_l7i0.jpg il_570xN.468366594_e6v4.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really interesting! I wonder how they make them...? I clicked on the link that says learn more about our shop and the process but it doesn't give any info (that I can find) about how the pattern is made. I think it must be stitched/sewn...?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, now I'm super intrigued by these bags! If I end up with seven of THESE you are in big trouble, haha!

I wonder if the process is anything like the red tote on the bottom of the pile! (I thought I had a better pic of this but I can't find it.)

img_0455.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only find better pics of the patterned bags in clutches but I swear I also saw at least one sling as well at the tote at the bottom of the pile. I would love this idea in a light tan with a dark brown or black pattern!

img_0456.png

img_0457.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh interesting! Not sure if that's how it's made. BUT the owner of the store is really nice--I wrote her to ask about a larger size bag and she wrote back quickly (given the time difference!) So I'm sure she'd respond to any questions about how they are made.

LOL if you end up with 7 I'll take all necessary blame for being an enabler :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'mm always amazed when I email people around the world and get a fast reply. I never expect it given the time difference so it's a nice surprise!

And LOL on being an enabler -- I think that's one of the benefits we all provide to each other!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goat hide is officially carved! I requested black and white.

icm_fullxfull.113884088_p5mly3l1uzkg8g0g0o8c.jpg icm_fullxfull.113884096_kuozjtqwlpwco44ogcos.jpg

She also sent me samples of her other carving styles (which I'm 100% getting a clutch/wallet made out of!) She does Koi fish, roses, and dragons.

BTW they are goat hides, not cow. Sorry again for thread jacking!

icm_fullxfull.117473305_mqxea4capysc4sgs48oc-2.jpg icm_fullxfull.117473303_o7oro08l15w0880o88co-2.jpg icm_fullxfull.113411278_fgishabfa1sg4k4gcwsw-2.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes that is so cool lovedogs!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awesome! I can't wait for you to post pics once you get your bags!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dee and Pinto! I'll definitely post pics when I have the bag. I'm excited that she let me choose the size, style, etc. I'm hoping to use it as a computer/work bag, and I got it in a custom size in order to fit. So we will see how it goes!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is cool! It looks like it is carved with very sharp shears cutting the hair into the shapes. Very beautiful!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the privilege of meeting Harriet's Hides' very own Sheryl! Let me tell you, she's an amazing person and I envy her passion for what she does!

I got a few more pieces, but this sling omg... I love it! :love: It's an early Mother's Day present for my mother in law. Here's the front and back of the sling!
IMG_2255.JPG IMG_2256.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't see how cool the back of the sling was too -- I love that white spot in the middle! Kind of looks like a fleur de lis.

ETA: Redwood, I took a few pics of new hobos yesterday that I want to post for you (but tomorrow, because my phone is totally dead right now).

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results