shape
carat
color
clarity

AJ''s ering "downgrade"...to a GOG OMC !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 6:17:53 AM
Author: arjunajane
okay, so just remember - you guys asked for more photos!!

So, I braved the surbuban jungle today - angry bees, swooping birds and strange looks
9.gif
- and came back with....well, alot of pics, lol!

We absolutely appreciate your hard work...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 8:10:41 AM
thanks s.sweetie!

Yeah, not sure why but I''ve always loved that colour group.

I''ve been on the hunt for a great violet coloured gem for awhile now, but so far no luck (or often they are very pricey) - so perhaps it''s not just you and I!

here''s a couple more lavender/violet coloured shots for ya..

Oh I LOVE this one! Like how the lavender colour gets reflected in the stone.
18.gif

I have very little knowledge about gems. So what kind of violet coloured gems are available out there? If you ever manage to find one, be sure to post tons of pics!!!
28.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I go away for a while and look what I miss. It''s stunning! I am so going to get me an OMC or antique cushion some day.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
ITS BREATH TAKING!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is just insane! I could never ever get tired of looking at pictures. It's a Pricescope legend.
30.gif
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
OMG you''re KILLING me!!!!! I neeeeeeeeed one! I wonder how small you could go and still appreciate the chunky-ness of the facets?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Aj - this stone is simply magnificent. Each new picture I keep thinking is my favorite and then the next one is even better - it''s endless. What a wonderful stone to take on so many colors and change the way it does.

It has character with a capital C. I think you got such a perfect and amazing new ring. I really love it. Congrats!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 9:35:31 AM
Author: icekid

Date: 7/11/2009 6:17:53 AM
okay, so just remember - you guys asked for more photos!!

So, I braved the surbuban jungle today - angry bees, swooping birds and strange looks
9.gif
- and came back with....well, alot of pics, lol!

We absolutely appreciate your hard work...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks ice! Not work at all, lots of fun
5.gif
But yes, rather perilous at points, lol..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 1:02:29 PM
Author: sillysweetie

Date: 7/12/2009 8:10:41 AM
thanks s.sweetie!

Yeah, not sure why but I've always loved that colour group.

I've been on the hunt for a great violet coloured gem for awhile now, but so far no luck (or often they are very pricey) - so perhaps it's not just you and I!

here's a couple more lavender/violet coloured shots for ya..

Oh I LOVE this one! Like how the lavender colour gets reflected in the stone.
18.gif

I have very little knowledge about gems. So what kind of violet coloured gems are available out there? If you ever manage to find one, be sure to post tons of pics!!!
28.gif
Hey sweetie,

I am still learning about gems too. So far I have found the most attractive violet and purple colours (to me)
to be found in Spinel.
If you head over to CS forum, you can learn lots about spinel, but it's quite a versatile and reasonably hard gem that comes
in a variety of bright and yummy colours.

This one would be mine if I had the $! purple spinel (top of list).

I am currently having a three stone ring made, with a peachy pink tourmaline in the centre, a small violet spinel
on one side and a small antique OEC on the other. I'm very excited to see how it turns out!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Burk, good to see you back, thankyou. You should def. do so!

Thanks Amy!

Whoa, that''s a big call Laila! But I appreciate the sentiment none the less, cheers
1.gif

Hi Kelli - killing you sparkly? lol...okay, that was bad, I know
37.gif

Good question about the size. My instinct is maybe around 0.7ish...but I''m sure
you can always ask!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:12:00 AM
Author: Beacon
Aj - this stone is simply magnificent. Each new picture I keep thinking is my favorite and then the next one is even better - it''s endless. What a wonderful stone to take on so many colors and change the way it does.

It has character with a capital C. I think you got such a perfect and amazing new ring. I really love it. Congrats!
Hello Beacon,
what kind compliments, thankyou. I always love admiring your amazing RB, so the sentiment is returned.
5.gif

Cheers!
35.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hiya AJ *waves*!!

I dont think I have popped in this thread officially to congratulate you on your "downgrade" (a PS first, I think!)!!

I think its lovely on you, mah dear!! Love the chunk in the trunk.....

Wear it in much love, great health, and heaps of happiness always!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
love love love love love love love love love love love love love love LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! this ring.

tata

Rough_Rock
Trade
^ Ditto!!

Such a stunning piece...

I could quite honestly just sit and admire pics of your ring all day.. hmmm....i believe i''m quite envious..haha!!

You have done such a remarkable job in taking pics AJ...it''s very much appreciated as it is such a pleasure to look at. It''s amazing how different it can look with the different coloured flowers behind it....just beautiful!!!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Arjuna! Your stone is absolutely lovely
1.gif

And your pics are incredible, so incredible they actually pushed me over the edge to purchase my own GOG OMC!!!! So a big THANK YOU, you made my decision so easy
36.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 7:18:00 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Hiya AJ *waves*!!

I dont think I have popped in this thread officially to congratulate you on your ''downgrade'' (a PS first, I think!)!!

I think its lovely on you, mah dear!! Love the chunk in the trunk.....

Wear it in much love, great health, and heaps of happiness always!!

Hiya Grace! *waves back*
9.gif

I do think it is possibly a PS first - pretty funny, I thought, considering.

Ha ha, yup I like having the chunk in the trunk too, it would seem (but mainly on my
diamonds only!)
2.gif

Thankyou hon, hope you are well
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:22:43 PM
Author: the rube
love love love love love love love love love love love love love love LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! this ring.

lol...I''m not sure how you feel about the ring rube...your post was rather
ambiguous..
3.gif

ha ha, thankyou - glad you liked it.

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:25:46 PM

Hey sweetie,

I am still learning about gems too. So far I have found the most attractive violet and purple colours (to me)

to be found in Spinel.

If you head over to CS forum, you can learn lots about spinel, but it''s quite a versatile and reasonably hard gem that comes

in a variety of bright and yummy colours.

This one would be mine if I had the $! purple spinel (top of list).

I am currently having a three stone ring made, with a peachy pink tourmaline in the centre, a small violet spinel

on one side and a small antique OEC on the other. I''m very excited to see how it turns out!

Sounds like an interesting ring project!
9.gif

I''ve browsed through the CS forum and a number of vendors'' sites, trying to grasp an idea how each types of gems look. And wow, they really come in all different shapes and cuts and colours as well!. So far pink sapphires have caught my attention (Pink is my second favourite
2.gif
). And the colour of this purple sapphire look very nice to me: http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|1544 . No idea how much such a stone would cost....
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t checked back here in a week, and OMG, DROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ, you''re making it VERY hard for me to not email Jon to see about trading in my ACA!
3.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring! it is sooo beautiful!!! it makes me want to have one!!!

oh... did i tell you i just LOVE YOUR RING?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I replied earlier but now I don''t know but I will say again, or for the first time
3.gif
, wooooooowza! I love this diamond! It is so lovely! Great photos, you are really talented at capturing the personality of diamonds, not an easy feat.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

zavy

Rough_Rock
omg! BEAUTIFUL! Now I NEED an OMC...

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AJ!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep coming back to look at this, as I am obsessed with it. :)

I have a question for you though - back on the page where you did the RB vs cushion hand shots, do I see the 12 and 6 o''clock facets on the cushion? Are they "dark" at all in real life (i.e. any windowing as you''d see in some colored stones)? Just really curious! Thank you -

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:54:16 PM
Author: tata
^ Ditto!!

Such a stunning piece...

I could quite honestly just sit and admire pics of your ring all day.. hmmm....i believe i''m quite envious..haha!!

You have done such a remarkable job in taking pics AJ...it''s very much appreciated as it is such a pleasure to look at. It''s amazing how different it can look with the different coloured flowers behind it....just beautiful!!!

Thanks tata!
It''s my pleasure on the pics - I have fun taking them, and I''m glad folks enjoy
seeing the different faces/colours of my diamond.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:44:28 PM
Author: shimmer
Hi Arjuna! Your stone is absolutely lovely
1.gif

And your pics are incredible, so incredible they actually pushed me over the edge to purchase my own GOG OMC!!!! So a big THANK YOU, you made my decision so easy
36.gif
9.gif

Hey Shimmer!
Awesome, what exciting news!!
36.gif

Can you share any details, ie. size, will it be a RHR? etc..?
I''m happy to have been your bad influence
11.gif
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:10:47 PM
Author: sillysweetie

Sounds like an interesting ring project!
9.gif

I''ve browsed through the CS forum and a number of vendors'' sites, trying to grasp an idea how each types of gems look. And wow, they really come in all different shapes and cuts and colours as well!. So far pink sapphires have caught my attention (Pink is my second favourite
2.gif
). And the colour of this purple sapphire look very nice to me: http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|1544 . No idea how much such a stone would cost....
1.gif

Yup, coloured stones are a whole different monster than diamonds - and can be just as addictive!
I''m pretty sure purple sapphs are quite expensive (although I guess most folks have
a different definition of expensive).
My favourite way to buy any CS is straight from the faceter, such as Gene at Precision Gem or Barry at ACS stones.

You can get lots of variety in pink gems - both in species and different shades. Have you seen my purple/pink Umbalite garnet ring?
(just incase, here''s the link to the thread with, of course, lots of pics - lol

garnet JM ring)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:30:42 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I haven''t checked back here in a week, and OMG, DROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ, you''re making it VERY hard for me to not email Jon to see about trading in my ACA!
3.gif

11.gif
9.gif

Cheers Lauren - I think your ACA ring is lovely, and still admire everyone''s ideal cuts all the time (including the old pics of my own).

I say you need both!
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ha ha... thankyou Cleo hon.

Thankyou zavy - it''s amazing how many folks have said that
in this thread, lol..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:10:52 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I think I replied earlier but now I don't know but I will say again, or for the first time
3.gif
, wooooooowza! I love this diamond! It is so lovely! Great photos, you are really talented at capturing the personality of diamonds, not an easy feat.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thankyou Dreamer, very kind comments. It's pretty hard not to get the personality
of this diamond coming through, tbh!
35.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry to threadjack, I just haven''t made a thread on it yet! It''s the L VS1 1.09, an upgrade of my ering.

It will be in the 18K wg legato setting (I swear I''m not copying... I already had it sitting around empty, lol!) but with a standard 4 prong head as the legato head didn''t work
7.gif
I''m sad about ''breaking up'' the setting, but GOG assures me it will be beautiful, and they''ll try to do split prongs if they can!

Here''s the linky http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6026

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results