shape
carat
color
clarity

AJ''s ering "downgrade"...to a GOG OMC !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'm going to start with a photo, as I'm worried this could get a lil long - and than also when I say
that wearing this diamond is just like wearing a rainbow, you folks will see what I mean and not think me a complete looper, he he..

I swear, this is what my new OMC looks like all the time
30.gif

..story to follow..and than tons of pics!

DSC04682rs.JPG

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
more pics! more pics! more pics! It looks GORGEOUS
30.gif

WHAT A TEASE
38.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly, that is the most stunning, awesome OMC ever!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

* swoooon...* look at those colours!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
thats the new OMC.... I LLLOOOVVVEEEEE it.. I think I watch that gosh darned video 5 times..drooling of course!!

its lovely!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So Yep, you read right, I''m not sure if this is a weird PS first, but in the last couple months I have undergone an ering Downgrade! This could get a lil long, but I''ll try my best..

For those that aren''t familiar with my lil story, I did own a 1.25ct K SI1 Isee2 H&A RB from GOG, in the WF Legato setting. I received this new ring about a year or so ago after finding PS.

Well, as some of you are already familiar with, like many others I lost my job without warning near the start of this year. I decided to take this as a major hint to stop dawdling in jobs I don''t actually like, and get back to Uni full time to finish my degree and start a proper career. With Fi also a f/t uni student, well you guys can imagine times started getting a lil tough..
In a desire to take some of the financial pressure off at home, I thought to look at the option of trading back my diamond with GOG. For the record, my Fi wanted me to keep it as he knows how happy the ring makes me, and just find other areas to cut back. But I decided I wanted to do this for us, and despite how much I loved that diamond, I love my Fi and treasure our relationship a heck of a lot more!

So, after a couple weeks agonizing over the decision, I contacted Jon with the original intention of taking advantage of GOG''s buy back policy, and just cutting my losses. I didn''t expect anything more than for GOG to honour their already very good policies, but Jon completely stepped up to the plate in a big way, and went way above and beyond my expectations.
In the end, we devised together a buy back/trade in scenario whereby I received a lil more than the usual 75%, so this meant I was able to keep a gorgeous diamond on my finger, and still free up a reasonable amount of $ to help out at home
36.gif
I couldn''t be happier with this outcome, honestly I have to say, Jon pretty much came to my rescue here - I don''t know what else to say except the guy is a total champ!

Despite it taking many weeks to work out all the logistics of the transaction (and there were more than a couple hurdles!), Jon never once lost his patience and was there with me every single step of the way.
If anybody has watched the Vimeo''s about the value of GOG''s policies, I am a walking talking testament to everything that Jon says. We never thought starting out that we might need to use the buy back feature, but when the unfortunate situation arose, GOG completely rose to the challenge and went beyond their obligations to me and my Fi.
Moreover, Jon was compassionate and generous with both his time and the final deal we worked out together.

All the team at GOG also stepped up on this one 100%. Vicki, Jon''s wife, was a complete doll and made all the shipping, insurance and customs dramas run as smooth as possible. Thankyou Vicki!
35.gif

Marie and the bench team did a fantastic Job of re-using my Legato setting, which surprisingly fit the new cushion pretty much perfectly. They re-sized my ring, did the prongs twice over when I requested pointier, set the OMC, and polished her up better than new, and all within 2 days of my RB arriving back in the US. I was Very impressed to say the least.

I can confidently say that with the help of Jon and the GOG team, they turned what was originally a stressful and sad decision, into a fun and exciting new experience - with an awesome new diamond at the end!

***So a huge, heartfelt Thankyou! to Jon and his awesome team for making this all possible, and helping
a girl out.
36.gif
I was already a fan, but now they have created a loyal client for life
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know that was really long, so thankyou to anyone that reads it. Now onto the fun stuff!

Vital stats: I am now the proud owner of a brand spanking newly cut GOG signature cut Old Mine Cushion:
1.08ct
M
SI1
5.89mm width by 6.32mm length, ratio 1.07.

Verdict - freakin'' stunning!! Just amazing. I don''t know how he did it, but Jon totally Nailed this design. I need to say bravo to his vision and passion in making these beauties possible for us all
36.gif

I know some of you are keen to hear my thoughts on the H&A vs the OMC, which I will happily oblige.
But I think if I don''t post some more photos first the PS mob will come after me, lol!

So, impressions to come...but I''ll give you a hint, I adore my new diamond and have absolutely No regrets!

True to my form, I took a ton of photos, so you guys better grab a cuppa, lol..

DSC04719rs.JPG

yardley

Rough_Rock
That stone is amazing!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
one of my faves, check out that yummy high crown!

DSC04723rs.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Holy Moly AJ! That''s - it''s - WOW. Gorgeous!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know Bruddah, with these diamonds the first thing that comes into my mind is colour....Your new rock is absolutely stunning and the L colour ADDS to it!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This diamond photographs so easily, and I had a heap of fun doing it - hence lots of pics to share!

DSC04756rs.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Chunky yummy gloriousness!

Handshots???

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW!! AJ it is simply breathtaking. Those colours are indescribably beautiful, the whole thing is so alluring... I could lose hours staring into those facets.... ahhhhh it''s almost hypnotic!!!!

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 8:12:22 AM
Author: arjunajane
This diamond photographs so easily, and I had a heap of fun doing it - hence lots of pics to share!
MONEY shot!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s seriously STUNNING! I know more pics are on the way but I have to go to work and I wanted to tell you how much I LOVE it before I go!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 8:11:59 AM
Author: Lorelei
You know Bruddah, with these diamonds the first thing that comes into my mind is colour....Your new rock is absolutely stunning and the L colour ADDS to it!!!

You''re exactly right bruddah Lozza!

That''s what I was going to say about comparing a K to an M..so I''ll add it here now..

Thoughts on going from a K H&A RB to an M fancy: is the slight tint noticeable? Yes, in some lightings.
But it is in no way a bad thing, just simply being that soft egg-shell, vintage lace type warmth that
other PS''ers comment on. Sure, my K RB did face up slightly whiter. But this ain''t no ordinary fancy!

As Lozza mentioned, the thing with this diamond is like it almost doesn''t want to just sit there and be white!
Because it''s *constantly* changing bright colours, and this is my absolute *favourite* thing about it. From blues to purples to oranges, yellows and greens, the facets are always changing and lighting up, and switching on and off in a total rainbow light show, regardless really of the surroundings or lighting I''m in. In natural light it is sincerely like wearing a mini rainbow, as cheesy at that sounds, it''s true!

Those who own or appreciate vintage diamonds will know what I mean, when I say they have this magical ability of drawing in all the colours and lights surrounding them - well, these OMC''s do just that, but on crack, lol! Even if I''m wearing black, this thing is shooting rainbows.

My RB was beautiful and sparkly and I enjoyed the arrows, but the large flashing facets and continuous play of colour and fire in the OMC has won me over, no doubt.

This is how it looks, all the time, but imagine those awesome colours dancing and playing - I know it sounds dippy and romantic, but it''s just what I see, lol!
30.gif

DSC04694rs.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 8:21:23 AM

Date: 7/2/2009 8:11:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

You''re exactly right bruddah Lozza!

That''s what I was going to say about comparing a K to an M..so I''ll add it here now..

Thoughts on going from a K H&A RB to an M fancy: is the slight tint noticeable? Yes, in some lightings.
But it is in no way a bad thing, just simply being that soft egg-shell, vintage lace type warmth that
other PS''ers comment on. Sure, my K RB did face up slightly whiter. But this ain''t no ordinary fancy!

As Lozza mentioned, the thing with this diamond is like it almost doesn''t want to just sit there and be white!
Because it''s *constantly* changing bright colours, and this is my absolute *favourite* thing about it. From blues to purples to oranges, yellows and greens, the facets are always changing and lighting up, and switching on and off in a total rainbow light show, regardless really of the surroundings or lighting I''m in. In natural light it is sincerely like wearing a mini rainbow, as cheesy at that sounds, it''s true!

Those who own or appreciate vintage diamonds will know what I mean, when I say they have this magical ability of drawing in all the colours and lights surrounding them - well, these OMC''s do just that, but on crack, lol! Even if I''m wearing black, this thing is shooting rainbows.

My RB was beautiful and sparkly and I enjoyed the arrows, but the large flashing facets and continuous play of colour and fire in the OMC has won me over, no doubt.

This is how it looks, all the time, but imagine those awesome colours dancing and playing - I know it sounds dippy and romantic, but it''s just what I see, lol!
30.gif
Thats it in a nutshell and this comes across strongly in the pics!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh! That diamond is just absolutely freaking fantastic!!! I could stare at that baby all day.

I don''t know how you get anything done with that on your hand!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone, I am reading all your lovely compliments and I''m so glad you''re enjoying the pics..

I will keep posting more and say thankyou at the end individually ok..
5.gif

handshots, as per request..lots more to come!

As soon as we had a sunny day for the first time this week, I headed straight to the nearest shady tree, lol..

Honestly, I could''ve stayed there all day admiring my diamond!

DSC04821rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

So, for those curious...size wise, going from a 1.25 to a 1.08, do I miss the extra mm..?
Honestly, and surprisingly, not really!

I''m not gonna lie, I would love to try out a 2 or 3ct one of these beauties..

But somehow, this size and cut diamond just seems to be more "me"
1.gif

DSC04871rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
some kozibe fun..

DSC04768rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''ll call these the "tree series", lol..

DSC04789rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
a shot of the setting..

DSC04790rs.JPG

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I normally don''t comment much on others'' rings (they''re all beautiful!), but I had to say that this is amazing! Love everything about it- the yellow gold, the stone, the setting! Congrats!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, 3 cheers for Jon to be able to work with you to still be able to keep a diamond on your finger AND get you some cash in the bank.

I just love the tiny table and with the crazy coloured return; I rarely see the true colour of the diamond. I’m sure yours is the same way too, AJ. I love how the diamond is always “working”. There is never one moment where it isn’t returning some fire back to the eye. The setting you have really showcases the OMC too. Just beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy guys, I have an awful lot of pics now that I''m looking through, lol...I hope you''re all keen to see more!

I''ll post a few more faves, and than I should be off to make dinner...

Thankyou for all the lovely comments so far!

DSC04857rs.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 8:44:39 AM
Oh boy guys, I have an awful lot of pics now that I''m looking through, lol...I hope you''re all keen to see more!

I''ll post a few more faves, and than I should be off to make dinner...

Thankyou for all the lovely comments so far!
Oh yes!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that is just one STUNNING STONE! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results