shape
carat
color
clarity

AJ''s ering "downgrade"...to a GOG OMC !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Keep ''em comin lady! LOL!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 8:43:32 AM
Author: Chrono

Wow, 3 cheers for Jon to be able to work with you to still be able to keep a diamond on your finger AND get you some cash in the bank.

I just love the tiny table and with the crazy coloured return; I rarely see the true colour of the diamond. I’m sure yours is the same way too, AJ. I love how the diamond is always “working”. There is never one moment where it isn’t returning some fire back to the eye. The setting you have really showcases the OMC too. Just beautiful!

Hey Chrono,
I must thank you for all your advice and support along this pretty long trip.
Upon yours and others'' encouragement I went with the OMC over the OEC or another H&A, and I''m
not looking back
9.gif

Always working is exactly right - mine seems to never look the same, which of course makes for a heap of fun.
At least for now, I''m really glad I kept the Legato and didn''t have a bezel made, as I''m enjoying just
"getting to know" this diamond, yanno?
5.gif

DSC04722rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And this is supposed to an M, lol!
3.gif

DSC04780rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

DSC04820rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

DSC04839rs.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you can get a bad pic of this rock Bruddah, its just too beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
5.gif

DSC04883rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 9:03:00 AM
Author: Lorelei
I don't think you can get a bad pic of this rock Bruddah, its just too beautiful!

Thankyou Lozza, I think you are right.. I did take alot of pics, as I find it fun, but you're right
there's not really a bad one in the bunch!
(Oh, and I've borrowed some neighbours flowers and other props
for the photo shoot,
9.gif
I just took my bike for a lil tour around the neighbourhood, lol..)

I'll leave you for now with a fireshot, as I need to make dinner before I starve, lol..
promise to be back later
35.gif

DSC04848rs.JPG

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey AJ
35.gif

Your story made me smile. I''m glad everything worked out perfectly for you! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL, I love the rainbow it throws, and that fireshot???? LOVERLY, lol!

I think this new ring is so pretty she should have a name,lol!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its gorgeous! Love the Chunky facets!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 9:19:53 AM
Author: SparklyLibra
Hey AJ
35.gif

Your story made me smile. I''m glad everything worked out perfectly for you! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL, I love the rainbow it throws, and that fireshot???? LOVERLY, lol!

I think this new ring is so pretty she should have a name,lol!
36.gif
Good idea. I would call her Peachy as she is so pretty and throws off those lovely peachy pastels....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My GOODNESS, that rock is just stunning!! I love every little thing about it. I don''t think you could ever take a bad picture of it as it catches the light in any direction you put it. It''s an amazing stone. How fantastic that you were able to work out such a wonderful conclusion with GOG and Jon. They Rock!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
wowzer.gif
WOW!!! AJ, that diamond is rockin''. Somehow you managed to turn a "downgrade" into an upgrade.

Date: 7/2/2009 9:09:43 AM
Author: arjunajane

I''ll leave you for now with a fireshot, as I need to make dinner before I starve, lol..
Be careful with that ring or you''ll need one of these -------->
fireman1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Seriously. It is so gorgeous!

kimmyintexas

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!! Congrats!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so gorgeous!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its stunning...I love everything about it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your ring is delicious!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, this is one of my favorite rings i''ve ever seen on PS!!!! I am absolutely green with envy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
SWOON!!!
30.gif

That is one gorgeous cushion! And it reminds me a lot of my own chunky baby.
2.gif

What I want to know is, wher the h-e-double-hockey-sticks was GOG when I spent months and months trying to find an antique-style stone?!?!
3.gif
Oh, well, at least now I know where to go for an upgrade!

Wear that beauty in good health! The great thing about chunky cushions is that they are always coming up with new tricks.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!

AJ, I might be giving up my dream of owning one of those beauties for the time being (because I''m getting a second kitten instead) but whenever i see your pictures, I keep wavering!!! More pictures please?
1.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous diamond and the pictures are stunning!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ, it''s a beautiful beautiful stone, and I love the description of the color - vintage lace, although I''ve got to say, no one would ever believe that she''s an M. And using your old Legato setting? I think it looks perfect and to tell you the truth? I don''t know that I''d ever take her out of that mounting. The scallops on the sides of the Legato just lends itself to the antique-y nature of the cut and color of your stone. That stone actually looks like it belongs in that mounting. I think she''s home!

I just had a bout of Carlin-esque humor run through my head (''ya know "jumbo shrimp", "military intelligence?) LOL! You have a new antique! Quite an oxymoron but absolutely true. It''s gorgeous. Wear it in the best of health and happiness.

Just a word about the times we''ve been living in.... Honey, you don''t have to explain to anyone. Some of us, my house included, were hit very hard by the downturn on our economy that started at the end of last summer, and truth be told, I sold a small mountain of gold jewelry and my husband sold a load of tackle on Ebay to make some extra money for us. But we do what we have to do for our households to be OK. You didn''t downgrade, you just changed the shape of your stone and who knows? My guess is in years to come, you''ll be growing that diamond to a larger size. Don''t think of this in a negative way. You''ve got one gorgeous new rock on your finger! That''s just my two cents
2.gif

More photos please!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZA ... you know, I think the setting suits it perfectly. Just simple & clean & lets that kalidescopic (sp?) jewel strut its rainbow stuff.

And you got $$$ back from this transaction?
27.gif
*Without* a firearm or hostage?
9.gif
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m back from dinner...so, More peeetures!!!
9.gif

Wow, what an awesome response, thankyou everyone
36.gif

DSC04807rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Libra and Lozza,
on the name front (you gals are funny), I'm thinking an incantation of rainbow?

How about in Hindi, indradhanuṣa - we could call her Nusa? Or Indra?
Actually, that'd be a pretty daughter's name, Indra...may have to write that one down, lol..
9.gif

eta: as per Wiki "In Hindu mythology, the rainbow is called "Indradhanush", meaning the bow of Indra, the God of lightning, thunder and rain."

pretty fancy name for a ring, rofl..
3.gif

DSC04800rs.JPG

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I seriously just gasped! Your ring takes my breath away! Every time I scrolled down I just was in heaven!!!!

This was the perfect way to start my morning, thank you
1.gif

Congratulations on this amazing stone, and it looks perfect in the setting you chose.

May I ask what camera you were using?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
a couple hand shots...(size 4.75 - 5 btw, for reference)..

DSC04740rs.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote Indra!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results