shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.01 K OEC Art Deco Ring

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words :) I'm back with more pictures/video!

Profile shot:
EB1CEA5C-D56C-44AF-A004-DE823F6A5B2A.jpeg

Stamps:
9AC5AF87-273F-4760-96C3-EE56ABEE825B.jpeg
(I wasn't able to get my camera to focus as well as I'd like, but in person, you can see the french dog head stamp for platinum, and the R Fr + oak leaf mark for Rubel Freres)

And some more fun shots:

D44532A5-AFF2-4826-944E-EA05F356D27B.jpeg

E67C7786-72B3-4622-BB78-281BABF36590.jpeg

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the faceting! So mesmerizing and intoxicating hahaa. :). I can just stare at it all day.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I have ring envy! I keep coveting your ring! Will you be pairing it with a band? Would love to see it if you do!

Thank you! I love yours too--it's always fun seeing your new settings! I haven't decided whether to wear a band with her yet. I don't live in an area with much access to nice jewelry stores, so I haven't had a chance to play around with it. I keep hoping the world will return back to normal so I can do a shopping trip, but alas, it's nearly 2022 and still...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous diamond and setting!! I love everything about it. :kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you!

WOW! Looks AMAZING!! Love it! more hand pics please.

Thank you!

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the faceting! So mesmerizing and intoxicating hahaa. :). I can just stare at it all day.

Thank you! I frequently find myself distracted by her lol

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I can so relate to this.

“As I mentioned in the other thread, I have learned so much from PS, and generally love digging into the details with my purchases. Unfortunately, that can lead me to overly focus on looking for potential "issues" with a critical eye, and I wind up second-guessing myself to the point where I make myself unhappy with something that otherwise thrilled me. With my e-ring, I did not want to go down that path. I wanted to find something I simply loved upon seeing it, and was hoping I would be able to find it in a true antique. I've always found something so special about a piece made by hand before the advent of modern technology.”

PS is amazing but also sort of a beast!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond and setting are absolutely gorgeous!!! It’s a terrific example of a well cut antique stone! We can’t use the numbers when looking at anything but modern round brilliants. Antique stones have to be chosen with the eye. The thing is, one has to recognize superior cuts. You did!!! That’s why I always urge people not to settle because there are great stones out there! Yours is a wonderful example! What a bonus that the original setting is fabulous, too!!! Congrats!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Being a normally highly analytical person, it felt weird to say I picked this one just because I loved it and the maker's mark made me feel like the universe wanted me to have it lol

@CircularBrilliant Your PS handle suggests you've been researching old cuts since 2013. To me that's quite enough analyzing, and all that knowledge was in place to inform your heart and allow you to fall in love with that magnificent diamond the moment you set eyes on it.

Now quit analyzing and just enjoy, your mission is complete! :love:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
The diamond and setting are absolutely gorgeous!!! It’s a terrific example of a well cut antique stone! We can’t use the numbers when looking at anything but modern round brilliants. Antique stones have to be chosen with the eye. The thing is, one has to recognize superior cuts. You did!!! That’s why I always urge people not to settle because there are great stones out there! Yours is a wonderful example! What a bonus that the original setting is fabulous, too!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you! I am still sometimes amazed that I was able to find a true antique like this :)

Congratulations on your engagement. Your ER is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you!

@CircularBrilliant Your PS handle suggests you've been researching old cuts since 2013. To me that's quite enough analyzing, and all that knowledge was in place to inform your heart and allow you to fall in love with that magnificent diamond the moment you set eyes on it.

Now quit analyzing and just enjoy, your mission is complete! :love:

Thank you! That is a good point, and I do think all of my knowledge gleaned from PS was there in the background to help me recognize how special this one was and fall in love with her. I wouldn't have even known of the existence of old cuts without PS!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am toodleing through some old PS threads and came across this one.. good lord your Diamond is amazing. Your stone is the big big BIG sister of my own stone, a style that may be called an American Cut. I am so jealous I would love to see your diamond. I know how amazing my 1.89ct looks I can only imagine how spectacular the scintillation and light play is with such large facets

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t believe I missed this back then. This is mind blowing and my new aspiration for e-ring upgrade heaven.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I am toodleing through some old PS threads and came across this one.. good lord your Diamond is amazing. Your stone is the big big BIG sister of my own stone, a style that may be called an American Cut. I am so jealous I would love to see your diamond. I know how amazing my 1.89ct looks I can only imagine how spectacular the scintillation and light play is with such large facets

Thank you!!! Your diamond was actually one of the reasons I fell in love with old cuts! And your educational posts about the different types of old cuts and how to evaluate them were incredibly helpful as I learned about old cuts. I actually still have a few of them pinned :)

Can’t believe I missed this back then. This is mind blowing and my new aspiration for e-ring upgrade heaven.

Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so glad my posts were helpful to you @CircularBrilliant !! I started learning about old cuts on PS back in like 2010 and at that time as you probably know, they were not very common at all. So few vendors carried them. I got all my old cuts on eBay, which today seems absolutely wild. I’m so happy to see that interest is stronger today and so many people like you are searching for these old cuts, especially the really large specimens, and saving them for future generations to see and love. Doesn’t it feel wonderful to wear and enjoy such a rare and beautiful piece of history?

Some day when the stars align I will get my own 3ct old cut. I’d love a very tinted cushion or old miner. I hope they aren’t all gone by the time that day arrives!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I’m so glad my posts were helpful to you @CircularBrilliant !! I started learning about old cuts on PS back in like 2010 and at that time as you probably know, they were not very common at all. So few vendors carried them. I got all my old cuts on eBay, which today seems absolutely wild. I’m so happy to see that interest is stronger today and so many people like you are searching for these old cuts, especially the really large specimens, and saving them for future generations to see and love. Doesn’t it feel wonderful to wear and enjoy such a rare and beautiful piece of history?

Some day when the stars align I will get my own 3ct old cut. I’d love a very tinted cushion or old miner. I hope they aren’t all gone by the time that day arrives!

I would never have known old cuts existed if not for PS! I am so in love with mine, and am constantly in awe of the beauty artisans were able to create by hand without the aid of modern technology. It is truly a treasure <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results