shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.01 K OEC Art Deco Ring

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I have been shy about sharing my e-ring because I took such a non-PS approach to my hunt, but I got some encouragement from @Kim N on another thread, and figured why not :)

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have learned so much from PS, and generally love digging into the details with my purchases. Unfortunately, that can lead me to overly focus on looking for potential "issues" with a critical eye, and I wind up second-guessing myself to the point where I make myself unhappy with something that otherwise thrilled me. With my e-ring, I did not want to go down that path. I wanted to find something I simply loved upon seeing it, and was hoping I would be able to find it in a true antique. I've always found something so special about a piece made by hand before the advent of modern technology.

I was thrilled when I found this one! She is from Jack Weir & Sons, and I spotted the stone loose in their instagram stories. I was so excited when I found out the stone had been unset to be sent to GIA, but came in its original platinum art deco setting. They have a great return policy, so I figured she was worth seeing in person. When she arrived, I discovered an added bonus -- the ring bore the maker's mark for Rubel Freres! The first piece of jewelry my SO got me was from VCA. It meant a lot to me because he does not understand my love for fine jewelry at all, but wanted to get it for me just because he saw that I loved it. The historical ties between Rubel Freres and VCA made the whole thing feel meant to be :)

The stats: 4.01, K, VS1, G symmetry, VG polish, 54% table, 63.1% depth, 9.86-9.96x6.26 mm. GIA designated her a Circular Brilliant.

And now on to pictures/video:

CBE1E2D8-AB52-4CBD-9CD2-16AF895BB03E.jpeg

353B4A56-49F8-4F57-BB4E-CF90175A76A4.jpeg

99E948D4-283E-4B64-87C0-801E330D5AE8.jpeg

4B0EC096-6E07-456D-83C3-4810B08D8637.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful. I love the faceting - honestly it looks like a transitional! That right-on-the-cusp of OEC/transitional faceting is among my favorites…what a score!

I think this diamond could withstand plenty of nitpicking too…it’s really impressive. You have absolutely nothing to be shy about!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond is stunning and the setting is perfect for this stone! The faceting is lovely. Everything is perfect!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been shy about sharing my e-ring because I took such a non-PS approach to my hunt, but I got some encouragement from @Kim N on another thread, and figured why not :)

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have learned so much from PS, and generally love digging into the details with my purchases. Unfortunately, that can lead me to overly focus on looking for potential "issues" with a critical eye, and I wind up second-guessing myself to the point where I make myself unhappy with something that otherwise thrilled me. With my e-ring, I did not want to go down that path. I wanted to find something I simply loved upon seeing it, and was hoping I would be able to find it in a true antique. I've always found something so special about a piece made by hand before the advent of modern technology.

I was thrilled when I found this one! She is from Jack Weir & Sons, and I spotted the stone loose in their instagram stories. I was so excited when I found out the stone had been unset to be sent to GIA, but came in its original platinum art deco setting. They have a great return policy, so I figured she was worth seeing in person. When she arrived, I discovered an added bonus -- the ring bore the maker's mark for Rubel Freres! The first piece of jewelry my SO got me was from VCA. It meant a lot to me because he does not understand my love for fine jewelry at all, but wanted to get it for me just because he saw that I loved it. The historical ties between Rubel Freres and VCA made the whole thing feel meant to be :)

The stats: 4.01, K, VS1, G symmetry, VG polish, 54% table, 63.1% depth, 9.86-9.96x6.26 mm. GIA designated her a Circular Brilliant.

And now on to pictures/video:

CBE1E2D8-AB52-4CBD-9CD2-16AF895BB03E.jpeg

353B4A56-49F8-4F57-BB4E-CF90175A76A4.jpeg

99E948D4-283E-4B64-87C0-801E330D5AE8.jpeg

4B0EC096-6E07-456D-83C3-4810B08D8637.jpeg

I love it !! It’s so beautiful :kiss2:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful. I love the faceting - honestly it looks like a transitional! That right-on-the-cusp of OEC/transitional faceting is among my favorites…what a score!

I think this diamond could withstand plenty of nitpicking too…it’s really impressive. You have absolutely nothing to be shy about!

Thank you! It's been over a year, and I still find myself stunned at times by how pretty she is :)

The diamond is stunning and the setting is perfect for this stone! The faceting is lovely. Everything is perfect!

Thank you! So many people in my normal life have been shocked to hear how old she is--art deco style is truly timeless :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely. Feels like a transitional. Old cuts are based on the feeling it evokes in you. And you clearly love it. Also, from a distance, you can see the symmetry in the faceting, which would make sense given their work was fine enough for VCA. Congratulations on such a find. Enjoy her. She must blow your socks off IRL.

Also just found this write up on the maker.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning diamond it is! And the original setting is the icing on the cake! It’s a perfect size on you too, enjoy it for many years to come.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
It’s just beautiful!

Thank you!

Very lovely. Feels like a transitional. Old cuts are based on the feeling it evokes in you. And you clearly love it. Also, from a distance, you can see the symmetry in the faceting, which would make sense given their work was fine enough for VCA. Congratulations on such a find. Enjoy her. She must blow your socks off IRL.

Also just found this write up on the maker.

Thank you, and I really appreciate that link!

Drop.Dead.Gorgeous. Just wow.

Thank you!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Breathtaking!! Congrats!! Would love to see tons more pics!

Thank you! Haha I have soooo many pictures and video of her, it's ridiculous. I'll post more tomorrow :)

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is perfect! I think it is stunning! Congratulations!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is a stunning special ring. Thank you for sharing your joy with us, it is a truly wonderful diamond and setting.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so glad you made a dedicated SMTB post for her! I hope you wear her proudly, she’s so gorgeous! If I can find something that makes me as happy as this makes you, it’ll make all this exhausting hunt worth it. I think this ring was meant to be yours with the maker’s mark and ties to your first ring

On an unrelated note, would you mind sharing how you uploaded your ring videos? I had to take mine down in my thread for privacy reasons and don’t know how else to share them.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo amazing. This is truly breathtaking. Congratulations!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Such a beauty! What’s your ring size? She looks so perfect (and huge) on your hand!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, she's so beautiful. She's my favorite type of old cut, and her faceting is perfection. The setting complements her so well and looks absolutely lovely on your hand. Thank you for taking the time to create a thread for her. Can't wait to see more photos!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA!! Such a beautiful stone and setting- just perfect :kiss2: !!
Congrats on a great find!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
She is stunningly beautiful and with gorgeous faceting! Congrats on your fab find!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The facet pattern is stunning & I love that it has it's original setting by a designer that you have an emotional connection with.

She was meant to be yours :kiss2:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
It is perfect! I think it is stunning! Congratulations!

Thank you!

Wow, this is a stunning special ring. Thank you for sharing your joy with us, it is a truly wonderful diamond and setting.

Thank you!

I’m so glad you made a dedicated SMTB post for her! I hope you wear her proudly, she’s so gorgeous! If I can find something that makes me as happy as this makes you, it’ll make all this exhausting hunt worth it. I think this ring was meant to be yours with the maker’s mark and ties to your first ring

On an unrelated note, would you mind sharing how you uploaded your ring videos? I had to take mine down in my thread for privacy reasons and don’t know how else to share them.

Thank you! I used Vimeo--for some reason, drag and drop wouldn't work for me to upload, but I was able to get videos uploaded the slower way (by selecting the files).

Sooooo amazing. This is truly breathtaking. Congratulations!!!

Thank you!

Such a beauty! What’s your ring size? She looks so perfect (and huge) on your hand!

Thank you! My ring size is 3.5, but I have her sized at a 3.75 to allow for swelling in the summer.

Oh my goodness, she's so beautiful. She's my favorite type of old cut, and her faceting is perfection. The setting complements her so well and looks absolutely lovely on your hand. Thank you for taking the time to create a thread for her. Can't wait to see more photos!

Thank you! And I really appreciate your encouragement to do a thread for her :)

WOWZA!! Such a beautiful stone and setting- just perfect :kiss2: !!
Congrats on a great find!

Thank you!

Absolutely gorgeous and I love the meaning behind it!

Thank you!

She is stunningly beautiful and with gorgeous faceting! Congrats on your fab find!

Thank you!

Beautiful! The facet pattern is stunning & I love that it has it's original setting by a designer that you have an emotional connection with.

She was meant to be yours :kiss2:

Thank you!

Absolutely stunning, congratulations!

Thank you!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It. Is. Absolutely. Stunning!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Continue wearing in blingy joy and good health. :appl:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, she’s a real beauty!
Thanks for sharing.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results