carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.01 K OEC Art Deco Ring

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a treasure! :kiss2: :appl: I visit JW & S website on a regular basis--great place to visit IRL as well!

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a member of the circular brilliant club, it is one of my faves and yours is a beauty!! I’d love some close ups of the setting if you have them. It’s so unusual to find a piece intact like that! Congrats on a stunning work of art!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
HI:

What a treasure! :kiss2: :appl: I visit JW & S website on a regular basis--great place to visit IRL as well!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you! It would be so fun to visit them in IRL -- they have such beautiful pieces.

Beautiful stone and I love the setting and its connections for you.

Thank you!

I was hoping you'd make this thread! Just gorgeous!

Thank you!

As a member of the circular brilliant club, it is one of my faves and yours is a beauty!! I’d love some close ups of the setting if you have them. It’s so unusual to find a piece intact like that! Congrats on a stunning work of art!

Thank you! I'll try to post some tonight :)

Stunning, breathtaking, beautiful!!! And I feel those words are not capturing the beauty of this piece of art adequately

Thank you!

Gorgeous! Thrilled for you! Enjoy!

Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be one of the most beautiful stones I've ever seen. And the ring is so beautiful. So glad she's got her own thread :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunningly gorgeous facets! That is a magnificent transitional diamond and you are one lucky lady! :kiss2:
Thank you for sharing her with us.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
This has to be one of the most beautiful stones I've ever seen. And the ring is so beautiful. So glad she's got her own thread :love:

Thank you!

Stunningly gorgeous facets! That is a magnificent transitional diamond and you are one lucky lady! :kiss2:
Thank you for sharing her with us.

Thank you!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you!

Wow. That is some rock. I don’t think I could pull off wearing one that size but it looks amazing on you.

Thank you!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words :) I'm back with more pictures/video!

Profile shot:
EB1CEA5C-D56C-44AF-A004-DE823F6A5B2A.jpeg

Stamps:
9AC5AF87-273F-4760-96C3-EE56ABEE825B.jpeg
(I wasn't able to get my camera to focus as well as I'd like, but in person, you can see the french dog head stamp for platinum, and the R Fr + oak leaf mark for Rubel Freres)

And some more fun shots:

D44532A5-AFF2-4826-944E-EA05F356D27B.jpeg

E67C7786-72B3-4622-BB78-281BABF36590.jpeg

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Oh and I would be remiss if I did not compliment the skill of JWS's bench -- I can't remember exactly how much they had to size the ring down for me, but it was at least three sizes, and they managed to do it while preserving the stamps!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I am OB . SESSED with this diamond. What an amazing find! Congratulations.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I am OB . SESSED with this diamond. What an amazing find! Congratulations.

Thank you!

Absolutely beautiful! More pics!

Thank you!

This rock is just positively dreamy :love::love::love:

Edit to add that I’m so jealous of your 3.5 finger size, sigh…

Thank you! Haha to be honest, I was aiming for something in the 2.75-3ct range, thinking that was plenty big for my finger. But then this one popped up, and I fell in love, and figured I could make it work :-p

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Wow!! What an absolutely GORGEOUS stone and I love the setting!!!!!:appl:

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Wow!! What an absolutely GORGEOUS stone and I love the setting!!!!!:appl:

Thank you!

I don't understand why you were shy about sharing this ring, it's absolutely fabulous in every way! :love:

Thank you! Being a normally highly analytical person, it felt weird to say I picked this one just because I loved it and the maker's mark made me feel like the universe wanted me to have it lol

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ring envy! I keep coveting your ring! Will you be pairing it with a band? Would love to see it if you do!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely gorgeous diamond and setting!! I love everything about it. :kiss2::kiss2:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I have been shy about sharing my e-ring because I took such a non-PS approach to my hunt, but I got some encouragement from @Kim N on another thread, and figured why not :)

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have learned so much from PS, and generally love digging into the details with my purchases. Unfortunately, that can lead me to overly focus on looking for potential "issues" with a critical eye, and I wind up second-guessing myself to the point where I make myself unhappy with something that otherwise thrilled me. With my e-ring, I did not want to go down that path. I wanted to find something I simply loved upon seeing it, and was hoping I would be able to find it in a true antique. I've always found something so special about a piece made by hand before the advent of modern technology.

I was thrilled when I found this one! She is from Jack Weir & Sons, and I spotted the stone loose in their instagram stories. I was so excited when I found out the stone had been unset to be sent to GIA, but came in its original platinum art deco setting. They have a great return policy, so I figured she was worth seeing in person. When she arrived, I discovered an added bonus -- the ring bore the maker's mark for Rubel Freres! The first piece of jewelry my SO got me was from VCA. It meant a lot to me because he does not understand my love for fine jewelry at all, but wanted to get it for me just because he saw that I loved it. The historical ties between Rubel Freres and VCA made the whole thing feel meant to be :)

The stats: 4.01, K, VS1, G symmetry, VG polish, 54% table, 63.1% depth, 9.86-9.96x6.26 mm. GIA designated her a Circular Brilliant.

And now on to pictures/video:

CBE1E2D8-AB52-4CBD-9CD2-16AF895BB03E.jpeg

353B4A56-49F8-4F57-BB4E-CF90175A76A4.jpeg

99E948D4-283E-4B64-87C0-801E330D5AE8.jpeg

4B0EC096-6E07-456D-83C3-4810B08D8637.jpeg

WOW! Looks AMAZING!! Love it! more hand pics please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results