shape
carat
color
clarity

3.321 ACA in Stuller Crown Setting

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I just love a lower set larger-sized soli! I hear you on the size... it's perfect (and, yes, I'm biased). HA! I would say we're soli-twins, but your rock is a freakin' ACA :love: -- I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious!! :love::love::halo:

I really love your setting -- it's one of my faves as well (it does NOT look like a temp setting AT ALL)!! ...and it looks so lovely on your hand!
Thanks again! I am very happy with it but I will eventually reset it. At least aim not in a rush trying to decide.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again! I am very happy with it but I will eventually reset it. At least aim not in a rush trying to decide.

Any ideas as to how you'll set it?? Soli? Halo? Three stone? :))

P

PierreBear

Hubba hubba! Great stone and setting. Love the proportions and looks so graceful on your finger. Interested to hear how you will place it in it's forever setting. Enjoy for many years to come!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any ideas as to how you'll set it?? Soli? Halo? Three stone? :))
Soli for sure. Not a three stone and definitely not a halo. The size of the diamond is just right but sometimes I am slightly embarassed bc it is big. I hid it the other day! From my husband's cousin who came to America to visit!
So I don't want anything that will make it bigger!
I love Mark Morrell settings, especially Scorpio Love's. I love the Margot by EW. I love all of CVB's settings. I love the Emilya by VC.

I know I want a rose gold shank and platinum prongs. I want 8 prongs. I love my old Dahlia setting too but I want a more open basket.
That's all I know. Did you see the recent Abby setting that CVB made? It's in the show me CADs thread. It looks like a modified Jovyn, similar to yours but different. That's very pretty too!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubba hubba! Great stone and setting. Love the proportions and looks so graceful on your finger. Interested to hear how you will place it in it's forever setting. Enjoy for many years to come!
Thank you! I might just reorder this one in platinum and call it a day!

P

PierreBear

I just read your post above. I too was admiring the Abby that I just saw CVB created! Oh the 8 prongs would be gorgeous with your stone. Good luck with the process and don't think you can go wrong with your great taste!

Thank you! I might just reorder this one in platinum and call it a day!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting! Although admittedly it took my eyes a while to get past your stunning stone to appreciate the setting!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soli for sure. Not a three stone and definitely not a halo. The size of the diamond is just right but sometimes I am slightly embarassed bc it is big. I hid it the other day! From my husband's cousin who came to America to visit!
So I don't want anything that will make it bigger!
I love Mark Morrell settings, especially Scorpio Love's. I love the Margot by EW. I love all of CVB's settings. I love the Emilya by VC.

I know I want a rose gold shank and platinum prongs. I want 8 prongs. I love my old Dahlia setting too but I want a more open basket.
That's all I know. Did you see the recent Abby setting that CVB made? It's in the show me CADs thread. It looks like a modified Jovyn, similar to yours but different. That's very pretty too!

I did see CVB's Abby -- it's soooo pretty! For 8 prongs, that would be my first choice, then EW's Margot...

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read your post above. I too was admiring the Abby that I just saw CVB created! Oh the 8 prongs would be gorgeous with your stone. Good luck with the process and don't think you can go wrong with your great taste![/QUOTE
Thanks!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting! Although admittedly it took my eyes a while to get past your stunning stone to appreciate the setting!
Thank you!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did see CVB's Abby -- it's soooo pretty! For 8 prongs, that would be my first choice, then EW's Margot...
I did get a quote for the Margot with rose gold shank and it was way above budget. Like I would have to make sure this was my forever forever diamond before I would choose it.
I could buy 2 CVB settings and have money left over for a wedding band for the price! And my quote was for no diamonds on the shank! Even VC's price for the Emilya with rose gold shank was considerably less.
Not to say that I don't love the Margot but I don't want to change my mind later down the road. And my mind is fickle. Lol!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did get a quote for the Margot with rose gold shank and it was way above budget. Like I would have to make sure this was my forever forever diamond before I would choose it.
I could buy 2 CVB settings and have money left over for a wedding band for the price! Even VC's price for the Emilya with rose gold shank was considerably less.
Not to say that I don't love the Margot but I don't want to change my mind later down the road. And my mind is fickle. Lol!

I understand being fickle... I'm terrible like that. I'm constantly "browsing" for something else. However, I truly love my CVB and I am pretty sure I'd never change it. Even if I ever upgraded, I think I'd still have Caysie make my setting... most likely a Jovyn. ;-)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could buy 2 CVB settings and have money left over for a wedding band for the price! And my quote was for no diamonds on the shank! Even VC's price for the Emilya with rose gold shank was considerably less.

I love the Abby. I'd do that over the Margot.

MichelleMaya

Rough_Rock
beautiful!!! what grade fluorescence does it have? It looks so bright you cannot even tell its an I color! It looks so big on ur finger. What size finger are you?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!!! what grade fluorescence does it have? It looks so bright you cannot even tell its an I color! It looks so big on ur finger. What size finger are you?
Hi, thank you! It's negligible flourescence. I am a size 5.25.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla, any news on your upgrade? I keep checking in to see!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla, any news on your upgrade? I keep checking in to see!
Hi! No, nothing new. The new diamond is 3.098 I VS1 and WF is going to put it into the same Stuller setting for now. It's a little smaller than the 3.321 burr I think I'll be much happier with the better clarity.
My 25th anniversary is technically next June 2018 so I'll work on a new setting sometime later this year or beginning of next year.
Thank you for asking!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! No, nothing new. The new diamond is 3.098 I VS1 and WF is going to put it into the same Stuller setting for now. It's a little smaller than the 3.321 burr I think I'll be much happier with the better clarity.
My 25th anniversary is technically next June 2018 so I'll work on a new setting sometime later this year or beginning of next year.
Thank you for asking!
Kayla, I didn't know this was happening. Congratulations! That's spectacular!! Congrats on finding a VS1. That is awesome! Can't wait to see it!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for asking!

OK, I'll be waiting for pictures of your new ring. So glad that WF got a stone that was better suited to you. You will absolutely love it I'm sure!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla, I didn't know this was happening. Congratulations! That's spectacular!! Congrats on finding a VS1. That is awesome! Can't wait to see it!! :appl:
Thanks! I do love the 3.321 but the internal graining was bothering me. VS1 is probably overkill but there were not many choices to look at when I started my search and even now there really aren't many in this size. If this new one had been available when I was first looking, I would have probably purchased it to begin with.
It's a newly cut diamond so I'm excited about that too! And it's cheaper so I'm getting a nice refund in the difference.
Now, on to the more complicated stuff like deciding on a permanent setting!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I do love the 3.321 but the internal graining was bothering me. VS1 is probably overkill but there were not many choices to look at when I started my search and even now there really aren't many in this size. If this new one had been available when I was first looking, I would have probably purchased it to begin with.
It's a newly cut diamond so I'm excited about that too! And it's cheaper so I'm getting a nice refund in the difference.
Now, on to the more complicated stuff like deciding on a permanent setting!
Internal groaning bugs me too. The OCD in me Loves vs1. Congratulations! Works out in every aspect. So excited for you!!

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see you new ring, it's going to be a stunner!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insert: happy, excited dance!:dance:
Thanks! It's beautiful and mind clean for me! Now to decide on how to set it. It's currently in the same Stuller setting but I had WF rhodium plate it bc it was starting to turn yellow. What a difference that makes.

Shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! It's beautiful and mind clean for me! Now to decide on how to set it. It's currently in the same Stuller setting but I had WF rhodium plate it bc it was starting to turn yellow. What a difference that makes.

Show us the bling!!! LOL!

I'm sure that diamond will mesmerize in any setting you settle on.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla it looks beautiful! You need to do a SMTB thread on this new beauty! It really does look gorgeous on your hand - so happy for you!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning!!!! :love::love::love: Happy early anniversary to you!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla it looks beautiful! You need to do a SMTB thread on this new beauty! It really does look gorgeous on your hand - so happy for you!!
Thank you! I'll post a new thread once I get it officially set. Still trying to decide on a setting but hopefully by November I'll have it done.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results