carat
color
clarity

3.321 ACA in Stuller Crown Setting

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
I figured I would start a thread for those of you that have been following my upgrade journey.
So, I recently upgraded to a 3.54 J VS2 A Cut Above but the tint on the diamond from the side really bothered me. I decided to go a little smaller but go up in color to an I. I'm so glad I did.
This is a 3.321 I VS2 ACA. It's the perfect cut, size, color and clarity for me. I do see tint from the sides at times but nothing like the J I returned.
As for the setting, I had a hard time deciding what to get so I decided to get a temporary Stuller Crown setting for now in 18kt. white gold. It was a very affordable solution and allows me to take my time deciding on a permanent setting. But in all honesty, there's really nothing about this setting I would change except maybe doing rose gold on the shank and possibly eight prongs.
I absolutely love it. It has a larger donut which I thought I wouldn't like at first, but I love that you can see my whole wedding band and it helps to make the diamond sit low. I love the way Whiteflash did the prongs as well. Perfect soft claw prongs.
Without further ado, here she is.

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5365.PNG

IMG_5731.PNG

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my FAVORITE solitaire settings! Beautiful:love::love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That actually is one of my favorite settings, too! It looks great and I love the specs of the stone, too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Kayla! I love ACAs stones! I have seen that setting a few times on PS and I love it! Matter of fact at one time I was going to put
my 1 carat OEC in that setting but decided to make it a pendant instead. The setting has beautiful details like a much more expensive setting.
Congrats on your lovely upgrade!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures! The first two pictures were taken at dusk. I love how bright she looks! The last picture was taken right when I opened the box in the car at the Fed Ex station.

IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5741.PNG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And pictures of the Stuller setting. For those of you interested in a setting that sits low, is 6 prongs and extremely affordable, this is it!
It starts around $500 in 14 kt white gold but has a lot more detail than the typical 6 prong settings and you can get it in platinum, palladium, etc.
I had WF add tiny ruby melee to the inside of the shank.

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5280.JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And as a big surprise, she has negigible flourescence but when I put my UV flashlight on her, she glows blue!

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! A perfect size and beautiful details on the ring. I love it with your bands. Congratulations!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With different bands! I wear a rose gold 1mm spacer in between-
1- BGD five diamond trellis band.
2- Whiteflash Harmony 3/4 diamond band
3- David Klass princess cut eternity band
4- Tiffany shared prong seven diamond band

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5482.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That actually is one of my favorite settings, too! It looks great and I love the specs of the stone, too!
Thanks DS! You have been great this whole time putting up with all of my indecisions! I appreciate it tremendously!

Last edited:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Kayla! I love ACAs stones! I have seen that setting a few times on PS and I love it! Matter of fact at one time I was going to put
my 1 carat OEC in that setting but decided to make it a pendant instead. The setting has beautiful details like a much more expensive setting.
Congrats on your lovely upgrade!
Thanks! I did the same thing. I couldn't decide what to do with my .90 OEC so finally just had it set into a pendant instead.
I feel like this setting is almost like a poor man's Margot!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! A perfect size and beautiful details on the ring. I love it with your bands. Congratulations!
Thank you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a beauty and looks so great on you!!! :love::love::love: So have you decided to definitely keep her? That setting is truly a bargain and I really love the detail. It's awesome to have so many options to stack with, too!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a beauty and looks so great on you!!! :love::love::love: So have you decided to definitely keep her? That setting is truly a bargain and I really love the detail. It's awesome to have so many options to stack with, too!
I haven't decided! I love everything about her TBH and I love that she has flourescence too.
I'm definitely not is a rush to trade her in.
But I can see myself trading her in for a better VS2 clarity or maybe even VS1.
The setting is truly amazing for the price.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting too!! It's perfect! Your stone is gorgeous and all of your diamond bands look amazing with it! May I ask where you got your spacer?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting! :love: Whiteflash ACAs are amazing and I am glad you found just the right one for you. It looks huge on your hand, too... what is your finger size? (Sorry if I missed this detail earlier!) I love your ring with each of your bands as well! Bravo!! :clap:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and setting! :love: Whiteflash ACAs are amazing and I am glad you found just the right one for you. It looks huge on your hand, too... what is your finger size? (Sorry if I missed this detail earlier!) I love your ring with each of your bands as well! Bravo!! :clap:
Thanks carbonfan! I love your ACA as well!
I'm a size 5.25 to 5.5. Usually I get eternities in 5.75. I have big knuckles and I don't want to have to resize eternity bands bc it would be a pain to do. Plus I get to wear them on my right hand as well.
This setting is 5.25. The shank is thin. About 1.8 mm.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!,:love: Congrats!:appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting for you to post this beauty, and it doesn't disappoint! Stunning!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade and great choice! :appl::appl::appl:

ajunes16

Rough_Rock
Premium
Kayla, your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you're happy with your new stone. Congrats and enjoy!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An absolute beauty!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your stunning new ACA. Your opinion on "I color" is an interesting observation. I adore that Stuller setting. Your ring is amazing!! Wear it in good health.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!! She's HUGE. congratulations Kayla!!! It's beautiful and amazing. An ACA. Enjoy this temp setting. It looks great and shows off with that enormous rock. I love how low set it is too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results