shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

deb,

picture is on page 5 of this thread under your post of october 25, 2005... i had hoped it would come along with the quote....apparently not.

let''s see if this works.

movie zombie

Copy of GurhanCoilRing.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good find, Ana!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew you loved that ring, MZ, and am glad you are now pursuing it! It was probably I who at first mistakenly identified it as a Gurhan. (I could look back in the thread and confirm my suspicion, I bet!)

It is something you loved at first sight, so I am very, very happy that you took the plunge and will soon be wearing it!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2006 11:29:51 AM
Author: valeria101
Somewhere on my HD there is a folder with Edwardian gem settings. I had no idea if anyone does a modern interpretation of the style, if such a thing susrvives at all. Well, until now.

That site is a good find, Ana! Those bezel set stones in the rings look very much like the Gurhan bezel set stones used in the rings he makes! The modern version is just far simpler, no frills. Thank you, as always, for providing wonderful things to see!

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 11:57:22 AM
Author: AGBF

I knew you loved that ring, MZ, and am glad you are now pursuing it! It was probably I who at first mistakenly identified it as a Gurhan. (I could look back in the thread and confirm my suspicion, I bet!)

It is something you loved at first sight, so I am very, very happy that you took the plunge and will soon be wearing it!

Deb
34.gif

well, i inquired about it, got a bit of info, and was invited to give them a call to discuss it further. but i wasn''t home all day and tomorrow we start another film festival....cinequest in san jose and 56-58 movies between now and march 12.

additionally, i''m chasing some andesine...... it crossed my mind to have the ring made using the andesine but it might be even more than just buying the one with the tourmalines.

i may have to decide on it all once i''ve surfaced from the movies!

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 12:01:37 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 3/1/2006 11:29:51 AM
Somewhere on my HD there is a folder with Edwardian gem settings. I had no idea if anyone does a modern interpretation of the style, if such a thing susrvives at all. Well, until now.

That site is a good find, Ana! Those bezel set stones in the rings look very much like the Gurhan bezel set stones used in the rings he makes! The modern version is just far simpler, no frills. Thank you, as always, for providing wonderful things to see!

Deb
34.gif
i, too, was struck by a resemblance to gurhan! i guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was surprised to learn that Holt Renfrew (Canada) will now be carrying the Ippolita line. Now I can go from oogling it online, to perhaps owning a piece or two? Now if only Gurhan would come to town......

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana, did you check out the filligre bezels! they are lovely! i see a particular black spinel in one of those settings.......

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2006 8:27:43 PM
Used to keep a folder with ''google finds''... but this therad is better
1.gif

Ana,

I love the rings in the picture you included with this post!!!! Wow!!!!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love this ring from that same website, Ana! This 22K band contains a ruby and a diamond!!!

Deb
34.gif

Flintstoneevenish.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also very partial to these 22K and aquamarine earrings!!! (Same tempting site posted by Ana!)

Deb
34.gif

GranulatedBlueEarrings.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yes, those ''heavy'' earrings are exactly my style, ana!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new line I have been buying a lot of lately--Flica (Italian). This particular piece is 18K and I loved the brushed finish and the weight--necklace over 34 grams and bracelet close to 18gms. The shape of the link was reminiscent of what I had seen in the Jensen studio in Denmark many years ago, but was 22k if memory serves. That one got away but not this set. (can be worn seperatly as necklace/bracelet or linked together for one long neckchain)

cable1.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
up close and personal

cable2.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll take one of each bracelet, please. There are matte days and shiny days.

Seriously: both those bracelets are glorious!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Actually the Gurhan bracelet I wanted to post but couldn''t find anywhere online, is shown in April''s "W" magazine and advertized selling at "Fragments"--it is also a "link" bracelet...but not in this traditional sense...and it is sublime. If I only had a scanner....
26.gif

cheers--Sharon

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Cool piece, Canuk-gal. I also adore that Gurhan bracelet you posted. This thread is dangerous..... It''s just a matter of time before you all become MY enablers........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 9:30:04 AM
Author: momothree
Cool piece, Canuk-gal. I also adore that Gurhan bracelet you posted. This thread is dangerous..... It''s just a matter of time before you all become MY enablers........
HI:

Thanks MO3: and I totally understand the enabler thing.....
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 9:30:04 AM
Author: momothree

Oh, good! Keep us apprised! I want to see what you decide to buy!

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Gurhan is still one of my favorite designers. Pearlmans has some new Gurhan pieces up. They are definitely worth looking at. I love these earrings. One thing of which I am becoming aware: Gurhan uses other materials in his 24K jewelry. I knew that some pieces have a platinum core. The heavier bangles have a core, too, but I do not know from what that core is made! I prefer solid gold 24K jewelry. If a piece is filled with platinum, that is less than ideal. If it is filled with something other than platinum, I''d like to know with what!!! This is a question one should always ask with Gurhan. That said, go enjoy the beauty of the new pieces!

BillsNewGurhanEarrins.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2006 10:18:33 PM
Author: movie zombie
here's an 18K set that based on past thread discussions reminded me of you:

I love them!!! Unlike many scarf or curtain earrings, these have something at the earlobe level to catch the attention of someone seeing them! Thanks for the heads up. I think. Didn't someone say, "enabler" a little while ago?

Deb ;-)
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, those last Gurhan earrings you posted are fab...I wish I had a pair......

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and my very own 22K ring!

movie zombie

AMM Photos 1664.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2006 4:48:25 AM

Wow!!!! That is truly unique with great, modern, sleek lines! Please tell us the story of how it got designed!!!

PS-The orange stone and yellow gold look stupendous together!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2006 4:48:25 AM

MZ-

Is there a thread on this ring anywhere? I do not usually read Show Me The Ring and have also not been reading Colored Stones lately...and there are yet other fora where you may have started a thread besides those areas! If your ring already has its own thread, please point me there. If it does not, I''d like to see you start one somewhere (be it in Colored Stones, Jewelry Pieces, or Show me the Ring!). I''d like to know the story of how the ring came to be made.

I''d start a thread myself, but I don''t know if there is one somewhere already!!!

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
deb, there is some of the story in the color stone forum and more pictures. see thread titled, ''well, it was a long slog''. i also posted a picture in the show me section of that forum.

i always thought the ''show me the ring'' was for diamonds.....? if not, i could post a picture there also.....

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Roberto Coin does some really nice things in gold, really interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results