Holy Cow that necklace is beautiful!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Wear it in the best of health.
1.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
oh dear...I think i have the YG bug. I must say a lot of this stuff looks more like "precious" metal to me than what I think of when I see white metal, even though I know it costs more. Also satisfies my archeological bent...

OK, does anyone know how bad an idea it is to get prongs in YG? I really dont like the look of the prongs in white. BUT, I lost an opal out of an all gold ring once.

I like some of the scott kay designs...did anyone ever answer the query for which PS vendors sell them?

Thanks!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you should have no problem with 18K gold prongs, that is if the prongs are properly shaped and sized for the stone. i can't imagine a stone falling out of the attached!

however, prongs and 22K gold is a very bad idea.

movie zombie

eta: that's a citrine!

2ct_citineOval.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to share this photo which I received from Bill Pearlman. The Gurhan plain (i.e. without diamonds) bangles are available in 7.5 mm; 9 mm; 10 mm; and 13.5 mm. (They may also be available in narrower widths, but I wasn''t interested in those!)

I still have to decide which to save for, these bangles or a tennis bracelet, but someday I would like to have (I think) two of the 9mm bracelets and one of the 13.5 mm bracelets! I think it should be three or five bangles, don''t you? ;-)

Deb...just dreaming!

GurhanPlainBangles.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Deb....hmmm those would be nice...I think about five of them would do it! ;-)

Actually, if I were going to get an armload of bangles, I probablly prefer Ippolita''s slightly more primitive ones....remember Mrs. Jam''s?
30.gif
(picture follows)

By the way...forgive me if I''m having a ''senior moment''...but did you ever get your diamond mounted in a Gurhanesque ring? If so could you direct me to the thread? I''ve forgotten!
20.gif

widget

209lytr.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hands down, not doubt in my mind: i''d be saving for the gold gurhan bangle....i''m not a tennis bracelet fan. and i''d be saving for the bigger one!

movie zombie

ps yes, add me to the senior moment with widget: is the diamond ala gurhan set and done?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget and MZ...it''s not you! I did have the "old" (i.e. sitting in my safety deposit box) diamond set in a 24K gold hammered ring. I just haven''t posted a photo of it yet! I have been having memory stick problems. (My digital camera is part of my videocamera and it is "old" by today''s standards. It is now hard to find a memory stick for it. People keep asking me how old it is. Since when is five years old "old"? Is this planned obsolescence?)

At any rate, I have paid for a memory stick I saw on eBay and when it arrives I should have space for photos of items I have been saying I will post!

Ana...all I needed was another link to yellow gold. More temptation. Thanks. ;-)

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ana, that link has given me ideas for the spess rough i''m going to have cut!!!

deb, can''t wait to see pictues!

widget, i''m so glad we haven''t entirely lost the memory cells!

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a sad day: i walked through nordstrom''s jewelry department today and even wandered into their fine jewelry department for a look-see. i saw nothing that appealed to me...heavy sigh. the best of the lot was in the ''costume'' section and was a pair of $68 ralph lauren petal earrings....very heavy and looked like brushed gold. i think they were silver with 18k gold on top. pretty sad when i walk through a place and nothing appeals to me.

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
could be, could be! you''ll understand this, ana: nothing ''rustic'' like gurhan et al............ and no high carat gold at all!

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so i failed to find anything eye catching yesterday live and in person.....but even though this is not high gold, take a look at the design on this ring[#16] i found online:

http://www.judithkupermanndesign.com/collection_02_04.html

like i said, its not ''high'' gold but i like looking at it!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of the ring I had made by Grunberger's in Stamford, Connecticut. The setting is a Gurhan-like style (after Gurhan declined to set this stone in a ring for me). This diamond had been sitting in my safety deposit box for years...which was a shame! The stone is a 1.38 carat G color VS clarity stone. The setting is a handmade 24K hammered gold ring. It is a very custom-made ring! I sat next to Rupert as he filed it down until it had exactly the proportions I wanted it to have! My daughter is modelling it for the photo :).

DiamondFindsAHome.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m having ring envy! its gorgeous, Deb.

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2006 7:15:01 PM
Author: movie zombie
its gorgeous, Deb.

Thanks, MZ. I will try to take some more photos of it. This one does not do the ring justice. If I just saw this shot of it, I don''t think I''d buy the ring!

Deb ;-)

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Deb,

I have ring envy, too. That''s gorgeous!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me three, I love that ring. I hear yellow gold calling my name!!! It''s gorgeous Deb!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few photographs of Gurhan and Yossi Harari 24K gold jewelry this morning. This photo is not one I took, but a professional photo taken of a pair or Gurhan earrings. I wanted to buy this pair, but they were no longer being made. Gurhan made up a pair for me, but I suspect they are not exactly identical.

ProfessionalShotGurhanEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my earrings.

MyGurhanPearlandHoopEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have posted commercial photos of this spessartite ring by Gurhan many, many times! This photo is of my own Gurhan spessartite ring! I love the orange with the 24K, intense, yellow gold (although I never liked orange stones or the color orange until now!).

MyGurhanSpessRing.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a photo of my spessartite ring by Gurhan alongside the diamond ring I had made up by Grunberger Jewelers after Gurhan declined to set my diamond in a ring of the same style as the spessartite. I should mention that the spessartite ring was bought through Bill Pearlman, who carries the entire Gurhan line!

MyGurhanSpessandGrunBDiamond.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this picture of my Gurhan spessartite ring and the matching earrings.

MyGurhanSpessRingandEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love this photo of my small Gurhan earrings. These are all truly tiny.

MyGurhanSmallEarrings.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful! I get great pleasure out of browsing through this thread!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a hand shot of my Gurhan stackable rings, but my hands were so chapped that I couldn''t display it! (There''s nothing like a close-up of very chapped skin!) I tried to crop the photo to show the rings, but not my hand!

MyGurhanStackableRings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are 24K gold earrings designed by Yossi Harari (the same man who designed the salted pretzel worn on, "Sex and the City"). I love his work as well as Gurhan Orhan''s!

MyYossiHarariEarrings.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Deb....Thank you!!

I LOVE your entire collection!
30.gif
The diamond ring looks great. I''m SO GLAD that stone is finally released from it''s safe deposit box prison!

I especially like the teensy gemstone studs, and probably the stack rings...I wiish I could see a hand shot with them!

What amazes me about your taste is not only that it''s so good, but that it''s so consistant! I still love your original E-ring!
5.gif

widget

PS: Now I''m more convinced than ever: You NEED those bangles!!!!
31.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
deb, i'm lustiing after your jewelry budget!
31.gif

those gold ball earrings are simple and divine.
21.gif

i'm so glad you got that camera to working so i can get my high gold fix!
36.gif

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2006 1:23:19 PM
Author: widget
What amazes me about your taste is not only that it''s so good, but that it''s so consistant! I still love your original E-ring!
5.gif

Thank you, widget, although I have to tell you that my current purchases are, for me, walking on the wild side! I was a strictly pearl earrings and a strand of pearls type when I taught at a prep school as a young woman. And I would NEVER have bought those Yossi Harari gold balls even five years ago!!!

I appreciate the compliment on my taste, though, and must reply that I envy you for having one of the most colorful and beautiful gemstone collections I have ever seen!

Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 5:41:37 PM
Author: AGBF
This Gurhan coil ring contains three colors of tourmaline in bezel settings.

Deb
well, after viewing all deb''s beautiful high carat gold i finally took the blunge and conacted the jeweler that carries this ring. but its not a gurhan! made in turkey, but not a gurhan. will fit a size 5-8 because of its construction. i still love it!

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2006 7:34:12 PM
Author: movie zombie
well, after viewing all deb''s beautiful high carat gold i finally took the blunge and conacted the jeweler that carries this ring. but its not a gurhan! made in turkey, but not a gurhan. will fit a size 5-8 because of its construction. i still love it!

MZ-

Did you post a photo? I am seeing a weird message where the attachment should be! Where is this ring?

Deb
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results