carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Tali

Rough_Rock
Deb, I really like these.
1.gif
I''m a white metal person myself, but the design, in particular the free form nature of the twist of gold, I love. Hurray for a new purchase!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pretzels!!!!!
30.gif
18.gif

widget

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Tali and Widget, should I mention that Yossi has matching pendants (all of which can also be sold as pins) in four sizes? One can get then "salted" or, "unsalted" and one size (I forget which one) even comes either "lightly salted" or, "highly salted"!!! They are not cheap, and the chains that match them are even more expensive than some sizes of the pendants (around $2,000!).

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F4J3810_mp.jpg

wonderful wonderful Gurhan

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY5759_mp.jpg

Talisman Unlimited 24K

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY5756_mp.jpg

Again Talisman Unlimited

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY6580_mp.jpg

Gurhan again

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY6322_mp.jpg

Roberto Coin woven hoop

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY6244_mp.jpg

Gurhan yum yum

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY6243_mp.jpg

Someone stop me....Gurhan 24k and black diamonds....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY5757_mp.jpg

another Talisman Unlimited

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F4J3821_mp.jpg

OKOK last but not least, Gurhan yum-e

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....thanks Canuk-gal!!!!!

I LOVE almost every piece you posted! I''m especially taken with the rough-hewn Gurhan and Talisman ones...

It''s so weird...this is one of my very favorite threads on Pricescope...I just love looking at this sumptuous gold jewelry. There''s something so rich, lush, organic and almost sexy about it. And I personally wear almost nothing but cold, standoffish WG and Platinum...

Go figure.....

widget

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 6:52:36 PM
Author: widget
Wow....thanks Canuk-gal!!!!!
I'm especially taken with the rough-hewn Gurhan and Talisman ones...
It's so weird...this is one of my very favorite threads on Pricescope...

I second what widget said, canuk-gal! I had never heard of Talisman Unlimited before now. Now I have someone (a company, I assume) besides Yossi Harari and Gurhan to dream about! At some point I am going to have to post photos of the Gurhan and Yossi Harari jewelry I have acquired. I bought two pairs of Gurhan earrings and some stackable Gurhan rings from Bill Pearlman. I also have tiny Gurhan amulet earrings I bought from another dealer before I knew Bill carried Gurhan's line. And I have another pair of Yossi Harari earrings besides the pretzel ones I have posted here.

The bad news is that I have now PROMISED my husband not to buy anything I don't need. That means I will be buying no jewelry at all, since I don't need jewelry! The good news is that I have already paid for some pieces that I do not yet have...so I will still be receiving some more jewelry even though I cannot buy anymore. And everything that is coming is yellow gold!!! I am going to wait until I have everything to post more photos. Bill Pearlman currently has back one of the pairs of Gurhan earrings I bought from him and is tweaking them to be more what I wanted. (I had wanted round cultured pearls and they came with huge, dew drop shaped, South Sea pearls. Those pearls were FABULOUS, but not the look I had wanted!)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 5:34:22 PM
Author: canuk-gal
NMY5757_mp.jpg

I love this. Besides having sworn to spend no more money, however, this looks too, "jeune fille" for me. It''s a pity, but when one ages, some things just look out of place. Luckily, huge rubies are not among the items one must eschew after 50! (I wouldn''t mind buying this bracelet for my daughter, though.... Hmmm. I am afraid that still falls into the, "not really needed" category. It''s amazing how many pieces of jewelry and diamonds are not, strictly speaking, "needed"!)

Deb

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Deb....wasn''t I reminded recently that you have a diamond that desperately "needs" a home???
31.gif
I think you said that it couldn''t be mounted in a Gurhan ring...why the heck not??? That makes not sense to me...

By the way...I can''t wait to see your YG collection! I bet it''s fabulous, and I''ll be pea green with envy...

widget

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 7:35:21 PM
Author: widget
Hey, Deb....wasn''t I reminded recently that you have a diamond that desperately ''needs'' a home???
31.gif
I think you said that it couldn''t be mounted in a Gurhan ring...why the heck not??? That makes not sense to me...

I suspect that it would not have been secure in the setting I liked. Gurhan recommended another setting, but I didn''t like it. I do not like clunky, "masculine" rings. I like a stone with a thin band. Have you ever seen my solitaire? If so, you will see what I like. I will post it in this thread. The Gurhan ring I wanted is already here with an orange spessartite set in it.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the setting I wanted for my diamond, but Gurhan said it couldn''t be done. Remember, I wanted 24K gold (or 24K gold over platinum).

Deb

NoGurhanNoCry.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my solitaire. As you can see, I think less is more! That is why I had jackets made for the ring, so that I can give it a different look when I am in the mood to do so!

Deb

SolitaireAndJackets.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring Gurhan suggested I have made instead of the one above. It is not remotely what I wanted. In fact, I dislike it.

Deb

GurhanCounterproposal.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2005 2:45:16 AM
Author: valeria101
Date: 10/2/2005 9:24:18 PM
Author: AGBF
This is the setting I wanted for my diamond, but Gurhan said it couldn't be done.
Well, someone else did it. I do not know what the underside of those bezels looks like, and definitely do not know why such a ring cannot be done. Was it some technical reason?

No reason was given. In fact, I asked Bill to go back to them and ask again!

No one suggested I could hold the stone in with platinum as an alternative to a clunky ring, either!

On the other hand, I want yellow gold around my stone. All of the above appear to be held by a white metal...platinum?

What I don't understand is why Gurhan couldn't use platinum and yellow gold together as they do for many of their pieces!

PS-Why do those diamonds look strangely faceted?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2005 9:07:49 AM
Author: valeria101
Take a look on the website of Malcolm Betts: there are several rings with (relatively) narrow bands of high carat gold and others with the main stone set in pink or yellow gold bezels.

Oh, Ana, no! Unfair! That site is mouth watering! How unfair to show it to me just after I pledge not to spend more money!!!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 5:34:22 PM
NMY5757_mp.jpg

Is this the Diamond Bar Anchor Chain Bracelet (B5209)?

Deborah

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2005 10:15:28 PM
Author: movie zombie
deb, this is for you!

Thanks for the links, MZ. The rings are gorgeous. They are not what I want for my diamond, but it will help me not to spend money to have more websites where I covet everything I see ;-).

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMJ4567_mp.jpg

My absolute faves of Gurhan--just my style

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY6347_mp.jpg

Talsiman Unlimited--great BD present for me!!!

BTW Deb, I am unsure of that # you specified regarding the TU diamond bar bracelet--all pics transposed here are from the Neiman Marcus website.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2005 4:29:41 PM
NMJ4567_mp.jpg

My absolute faves of Gurhan--just my style

I had seen these earrings done with pink and pale blue stones (the latter, I think, being aquamarines). I liked them with those stones. I do not think I ever saw them with pearls, however. They are very nice. How much do they cost? (Not that I am buying. I am not buying right now!!!) Who sells them? (I mean, who had this photo of them up on his website? I have been buying my Gurhan from Bill Pearlman and would see no reason to buy it elsewhere!)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Those Gurhan pearl earrings are $700 US, and all pics are from the Neiman Marcus website.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results