Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

fatgirldancing

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 10:48:04 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/3/2005 10:15:28 PM
Author: movie zombie
deb, this is for you!

Thanks for the links, MZ. The rings are gorgeous. They are not what I want for my diamond, but it will help me not to spend money to have more websites where I covet everything I see ;-).

Deb
Deb..if you are looking for a really special design for that diamond of yours, try Stan Pawlowski owner of SKI SCULPTURES AND FINE JEWELRY in Long Beach, CA.This man is beyond talent! He has incredible references. Not only is he talented, he is one of the most credible, enduring friends my husband and myself have ever had. Go to this link and read an article on him entitled ''Peanuts'' sculpture in works: http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/~bang/clips6.html Also more at http://www.metroactive.com/arts/art-feat00.html If you want your own creation, Stan will design what you describe and it won''t cost you your first child like other much less talented artists. Give him a call, he has a great shop in Long Beach, CA D
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remembered having seen these earrings and went on a search for them through many websites that had been recommended by posters to this thread. I finally found them and went to save them (as,"MalcolmBettsEarrings"). My computer told me I already had a photo with that name, and asked me if I wanted to replace it. I said, "no" and labeled the new photo "MalcolmBettsEarrings2". Sure enough. I had saved them the first time I saw them, although I hadn''t made them into photos of the right size to post here! I guess I loved them at first sight! I have no idea what they cost. I already have two pairs of diamond earrings and would not buy another pair, anyway. I wouldn''t mind having these made with blue aquamarines, though. Or perhaps having a pair of earrings I now own reset. (The latter is too costly! It''s just a thought. More like a dream!)

Deb

MalcolmBettsEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Malcolm Betts has been quite unhelpful. They answered my e-mails; they were not rude; but they made my choices very, very narrow. I don''t think they need my custom! Luckily, I do not need their services, either!

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am posting a link to an article about gold that is coming out in today's, "The New York Times".

"In that long and tortuous history, gold has now arrived at a new moment of opportunity and peril.

The price of gold is higher than it has been in 17 years - pushing $500 an ounce. But much of the gold left to be mined is microscopic and is being wrung from the earth at enormous environmental cost, often in some of the poorest corners of the world.

And unlike past gold manias, from the time of the pharoahs to the forty-niners, this one has little to do with girding empires, economies or currencies. It is almost all about the soaring demand for jewelry in places like China and India, which consume 80 percent or more of gold mined today."

article on gold

Deborah

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hey, MZ...where do you find these websites?
9.gif
This one''s interesting...looks like a father/sons operation based in Israel...

Here''s another of their high-K gold creations...it takes the term "organic" to new heights...or perhaps depths
23.gif

fd8f67db216x271.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i''m having way tooooo much fun today researching various things. now i''ve found a guy that mines california gold and fashions 20K jewelry!

http://www.brackensgoldrush.com/Bands_rich_diggins.htm

anyone from the lala land area been into his store in santa monica?

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, i''m always surprised at what shows up when i''m looking for something else.......!

that ring from israel is certainly ''organic''!

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
geez. be still my beating heart! http://www.just-jewelz.com/rings/rings.html

check out the red cab top right column....

the high gold hammered ring at the bottom right is very gurhan in style.

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2005 10:03:40 PM
the high gold hammered ring at the bottom right is very gurhan in style.

Nice site. Did you see the bracelets? I like the 18K Italian gold cuff with the "lacey" design, but there was a 23.6 carat (?) gold bracelet with emerald beads (that looked blue on my monitor) that was also done in the Gurhan style.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this orange quartz ring by Gurhan, MZ? It''s your color!

Deb

GurhanOrangeQuartz.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Gurhan coil ring contains three colors of tourmaline in bezel settings.

Deb

GurhanCoilRing.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
drool drool drool on the gurhans, especially the ''stack'' ring

i see a gurhan in my future....

peace, movie zombie

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 10:03:40 PM
geez. be still my beating heart! http://www.just-jewelz.com/rings/rings.html

check out the red cab top right column....

That red cab caught my eye right away too. They have quite a few really stunning items there.

Man, I should take a trip to the other side of the state. Well, gather together a few grand and then take a trip to the other side of the state.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried on some Gurhan today! wow! i think i have a Gurhan in my future. i tried on one plain band that was a ''wrinkle'' ring wrinkled vertically......it looked like it had been made for me. also tried on a bracelet with grey pearls that looked divine and rendered any hand jewelry unncessary.

there''s a Gurhan trunk show in san francisco this weekend and i''m going to go. he won''t be there, though......oh, well. i''m on the list for notification next time he''s in palo alto in person.

peace, movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

mashr

Rough_Rock
I stumbled upon this thread/forum while researching Niessing as well as Bikakis & Johns. Today was actually the last day of a weekend trunk show with B&J at the shop I recently started working for (hence the research). They regularly carry a fairly extensive line from B&J (and Niessing, among others). Website for for our shop: www.hamiltonhilljewelry.com. Hopefully the pretty pretty pictures will ease the icky feeling of random second-hand self-promotion...

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I collect Elizabeth Locke. She used to be an editor at Town and Country Magazine and has traveled extensively worldwide.

Here''s my favorite--an 1875-1895 micromosaic, set in 19K gold and aquamarine. Along with it is a matching "paper link" chain. All her pieces are handmade in Thailand.

ElizLockMicro.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that bracelet is to DIE for! wow!

peace, move zombie

widget

Ideal_Rock
that bracelet is to DIE for! wow!
That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

They''re all beautiful...but that bracelet...WOW!!!
23.gif
30.gif

widget

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gurhan''s newest collection contains "Delicate Dot" pieces in 24K gold and pearls. I have only seen them on the official Gurhan site and cannot copy a photo of them to post here! The pearl and gold necklaces look great together on his website. If anyone else can post a photo of them, I would be delighted!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On page 4 of this thread I posted some photos of Yossi Harari pretzel earrings I had bought. Today I (finally) took two photos of the pretzel pendant/pin on a chain which I bought since then. I have had this necklace for several months, but have fallen behind in my picture taking! The chain is also made by Yossi Harari but had to be purchased separately. It, like the pendant, is 24k gold.

My pretzel, although "heavily salted" is the large, not the extra-large worn by Sarah Jessica Parker in "Sex and the City". (I don''t watch television, but found a picture of her in the extra large size! I will post that, too! Wow!!!)

SaltedPretzel1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another photo of my necklace.

SaltedPretzel2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Sarah Jessica Parker in the extra-large size salted pretzel. It was she who made the design famous.

SarahJessicaPretzel.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''v missed this thread....so very glad you''ve revived it with new pictures! lovely, i might add.

question re the 24K chain: is this something that can be worn 24/7 w/o damage if one so desired?

movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 12:19:12 AM
question re the 24K chain: is this something that can be worn 24/7 w/o damage if one so desired?

I have operated on the principle working so very well for our armed forces...you know...the, "don''t ask; don''t tell" thing. :)

Seriously, I haven''t got a clue!

Deb
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results