shape
carat
color
clarity

Yssie's reset thread!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oy, Yssie, so sorry to hear about the crossbars, especially because I know you've gone over the design in your head hundreds of times. I'm sure that when you've put so much thought and effort into the design process, even a little crossbar hiccup feels frustrating. I have no doubt that they will be very unobtrusive and am so looking forward to seeing the final piece!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I have been waiting till you decided whom to go with till I commented....this is going to be a very stunning ring and I cannot wait to see the finished ring, I love the design of the trellis :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1318623811|3040461 said:
Oy, Yssie, so sorry to hear about the crossbars, especially because I know you've gone over the design in your head hundreds of times. I'm sure that when you've put so much thought and effort into the design process, even a little crossbar hiccup feels frustrating. I have no doubt that they will be very unobtrusive and am so looking forward to seeing the final piece!

Thanks NEL. I feel kinda silly for probably overreacting, but... it wasn't part of my vision, darn it! Apparently the inspiration WF 7-stone could get away without them because of all the solid metal below the stones, which mine of course won't have.

Well, delicate crossbars on the sides are by no means the end of the world - it'll still look like The Design, and I'm confident he'll make them as unobtrusive as possible. It's the centre that I'm really worried about.

Thank you diamondrng! So far said vendor choice seems to have been a good one ::)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you illustrate on your design how it would look w/ the crossbars?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys - basically this way I think, only those curves are actually circles all the way around the stone.

Trel-01%20crossbars_0.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well shoot, I'm sorry it won't be exactly like you'd hoped, but I think it will be gorgeous still!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1318627823|3040518 said:
Well shoot, I'm sorry it won't be exactly like you'd hoped, but I think it will be gorgeous still!

Yeah... it does look different in the pics. I wonder how visibly that difference will translate IRL? Not at all from face-up, but from profile obviously it is a change...

Do you think it'd look *better* with a band around the centre, too?

Edit - okay, my gut answered the question. I don't want a band around the centre! 8)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1318624360|3040471 said:
NewEnglandLady|1318623811|3040461 said:

Thanks NEL. I feel kinda silly for probably overreacting, but... it wasn't part of my vision, darn it! Apparently the inspiration WF 7-stone could get away without them because of all the solid metal below the stones, which mine of course won't have.

Well, delicate crossbars on the sides are by no means the end of the world - it'll still look like The Design, and I'm confident he'll make them as unobtrusive as possible. It's the centre that I'm really worried about.

Thank you diamondrng! So far said vendor choice seems to have been a good one ::)

Bummer about the cross bars! But I'm sure they'll be very delicate and still look great.

Just curiously, would you consider maybe having Victor do something similar to the WF 7-stone design instead, to avoid the cross bars?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1318628758|3040530 said:
packrat|1318627823|3040518 said:

Yeah... it does look different in the pics. I wonder how visibly that difference will translate IRL? Not at all from face-up, but from profile obviously it is a change...

Do you think it'd look *better* with a band around the centre, too?

Edit - okay, my gut answered the question. I don't want a band around the centre! 8)

Maybe for uniformity since the others have it but..having the center be different would draw your eye to it when you look at it from the side, and I like that..plus, it's a big ole honker and it would be nice to be able to leave it alone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news - no crossbars needed on the centre! Apparently if it was plat. it'd be a different story, but with gold it'll be okay :appl:

Laila - I did think about it, for a few minutes. All in all though I just love the design too much to drastically change it, y'know? Even the bits that you won't see from face-up, like the wires weaving underneath. The crossbars on the sides was the lesser of two evils in this case.

If crossbars had been necessary on the centre - that would've necessitated some sort of significant alteration, because I really didn't want that.

Packy - exactly! The centre is so much bigger, and I *want* the attention to be on the profile of the centre - the way the two long wires split off from the shank and come up to the middle of the stone... so you couldn't help but focus on crossbars if they were there. The sides are smaller and of relatively low interest, so, well, they just matter less.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie I am glad that you won't need the crossbars on the center stone...I really like the way the trellis wires curve up around the center stone.

it is too bad that you need the crossbars on the side stones but I don't think it will detract from the beauty of the ring and it sounds like VC is trying to make the ring structurally sound as well as beautiful :)

will the number of prongs be 3/4/8?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie--I just saw your VC Jana Five Stone Trellis ring on you tube! How do you like it?! I think it's absolutely beautiful and a true work of art! Can't wait til we see handshots soon!

Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s49PhlzRr7Y&feature=related

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1320165425|3051742 said:
Yssie--I just saw your VC Jana Five Stone Trellis ring on you tube! How do you like it?! I think it's absolutely beautiful and a true work of art! Can't wait til we see handshots soon!

Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s49PhlzRr7Y&feature=related

JAW DROPPING Gorgeous Yssie! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: This has got to be the ultimate five stone ring Sweetie! I bet it looks stunning on your finger!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, mom2boys, you are fast! I hadn't even seen the video myself, and just got a pic from Victor this afternoon :bigsmile: It's still on its way, I can't *wait* to see it - it looks spectacular!

I haven't been posting much recently - and slg, sorry I missed your post :(sad Though I guess that answers the question... It's been a difficult couple of weeks, but things should settle after this weekend. And I will of course go totally overboard on the pics when I get it!!

Thank you D&T!!

ETA: oh, VC just emailed me the video link ::)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1320167853|3051758 said:
Wow, mom2boys, you are fast! I hadn't even seen the video myself, and just got a pic from Victor this afternoon :bigsmile: It's still on its way, I can't *wait* to see it - it looks spectacular!

I haven't been posting much recently - and slg, sorry I missed your post :(sad Though I guess that answers the question... It's been a difficult couple of weeks, but things should settle after this weekend. And I will of course go totally overboard on the pics when I get it!!

Thank you D&T!!

ETA: oh, VC just emailed me the video link ::)

oh, no worries yssie! I can't wait to see your pics and handshots. the video is pretty spectacular IMO :) sorry things have been difficult recently :(sad

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks slg. DH and I had a difficult decision, but we're on the same page. We're dealing with it all this weekend, so hopefully by next week everything will be back to normal. He's made me promise not to actually put it on until next week, I guess we'll see how long my resolve lasts - well, at least he had the good sense not to try to make me agree not to see it or something!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1320169063|3051778 said:
Thanks slg. DH and I had a difficult decision, but we're on the same page. We're dealing with it all this weekend, so hopefully by next week everything will be back to normal. He's made me promise not to actually put it on until next week, I guess we'll see how long my resolve lasts - well, at least he had the good sense not to try to make me agree not to see it or something!

you mean...we have to /wait/ for handshots???? well if you have to wait to put it on, we can wait for handshots (and support you in waiting to try it on!) sending **hugs** to you and your DH

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell us more about the size of the diamonds on the ends and how they match up in color/clarity compared to the center stone? Are they ideal cut also? Did VC source those for you?

Sorry to hear there's some drama going on in your life. We'll be waiting patiently for your new thread!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1320171953|3051820 said:
Can you tell us more about the size of the diamonds on the ends and how they match up in color/clarity compared to the center stone? Are they ideal cut also? Did VC source those for you?

Gosh, I think they're 12pointers? I'll have to ask! Or just take calipers to them when I get it. Yes, they're his stones, I just specified K body colour, or whatever best matched the other three (which are GIA Js). Not a clue on the clarity I'm afraid!

I'll be interested to see how well they match up IRL. Not so much in terms of body colour, but Little White Dot effect... how visible will this be? Will it bother me? Does the overall effect make the centre less pronounced from a distance, which would be my guess?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The turn around time for your ring was amazingly fast, especially considering that it was an original hand forged piece!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1320173941|3051858 said:
The turn around time for your ring was amazingly fast, especially considering that it was an original hand forged piece!

It really was!! I got a call yesterday and I was expecting him to say that he'd chosen the metal colour, which was one of our discussions... not that it was almost done and just needed polishing and what type of milgrain would I like! I was seriously fully prepared to be waiting for a couple of months at least.

He did say that he thought it was the most difficult ring they'd made. I wasn't sure whether to be delighted it was almost done or apologetic ::) His turnaround is super quick in general, it seems. I remember he just recently got another PSer's solitaire out in 4 days...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think some men like a challenge, so I think you should take VC's comments as a compliment! I wonder if he is going to make it one of his standard pieces available to others, especially given it's difficulty of execution?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOLY YSSIE!! Lordy but I can't wait to see how it looks on your finger!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1320177394|3051902 said:
I think some men like a challenge, so I think you should take VC's comments as a compliment! I wonder if he is going to make it one of his standard pieces available to others, especially given it's difficulty of execution?

::snort:: :bigsmile:

I don't actually know! I rather suspect DH and I couldn't afford what he'd want for another, though 8) he very sweetly worked with my budget, and flat out stated at one point that he'd never do it again, but that was before we got started, so now who knows?

Cheers Packy!! I have to check on your thread... do we have stones yet??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, not yet! Couple more weeks they said..I'm about ready to go nuts, waiting!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly Yssie!!!! that is amazing!!!! I can't wait to see handshots!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Yssie! Looks like Victor nailed this one!!!! Can't wait to see handshots!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, the ring looks beautiful! It looks as though he's taken the WF design and refined it. The wires or whatever of the trellis are thin and draped in a very flowing design. Looks to be a beautiful rendering - I too can't wait to see it on your hand!

How are you ever going to wait? I guess you've waited this long - and they always say that dessert comes last so hoping this is a double hot fudge sundae with triple cherries on top!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited for you Yssie!! It's gorgeous and I think I really really like the crossbars! I don't know how you can stand waiting, I'm impatient just waiting for hand shots and hearing your reaction to this beauty!! :lickout: :love: :love: :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, the ring is stunning. It's just amazing!! :love: :love: :love:
I cannot wait for you to be able to wear it!! Enjoy in health and happiness!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results