shape
carat
color
clarity

Yssie's reset thread!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella, DS, MGR, Christina, missy - good grief, my fingers are itching! The last leg of the wait really is the worst :errrr:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Good grief woman.....you'd better be careful your left arm doesn't get longer from carrying that honker around. :lol:

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Hey girl, long time no chat. So you decided to go to Victor? that's sooo great!! I love the man and I'm sooo glad that he's making my ring. I wouldn't go with anyone else.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texas - hah! I fenced in college - it got to the point where I just couldn't wear jeans, period, one leg was so obviously heftier than the other :-o

CB - awesome! What design did you choose? VC is living up to his reputation :sun:

Another pic :love:

T3.jpg

goodgal

Rough_Rock
That is the most beautiful 6 prong ring I have ever seen!
Yssie|1317260165|3028377 said:
Some of you know the story and the reasons for my recent decision to reset. I must say I'm getting really excited!!

DH and I had a long discussion a few days ago, and compressed his thoughts and pictures from three years ago into
-Five-stone
-Graduated stones
-Trellis design - swoopy and curvy
-White metal
-Handmade

Since then I've been drawing (albeit badly, my artistic skill leaves much to the imagination ;( ), bugging DH for his opinion, calling vendors, bugging DH for his opinion again... and DH has mostly been sitting beside me yelling at baseball on TV, occasionally leaning over my shoulder to point at various bits and pieces and tell me why they should be like this instead. It's really cute ::) - bizarre, but so sweet!

I sent this off a couple of days ago. DH assured me that he thinks it's pretty, and very much in the spirit of what he had in mind. And added that it looks like a turnip. Oh well. The two long prongs coming up to the middle of the centre are on the outside - like the splits in the inspiration solitaire. The eight will be evenly spaced around the centre - that's one of the few things I'm sure I want right now!

JR-5Stone-1%20copy.jpg

The five-stone trellis with graduated stones bit is final. The metal will be white gold, unplated, just like my current ring, I adore the colour :love: I really want to try the eight-prong centre (the number of prongs just keeps going up...) and I'll have the last pair of stones held in three prongs. The graduation of the stones is sorta predetermined, my current three are 8.9mm and 4.9mm, and I'm thinking 3.5mm for the last pair, like this set I put together for one of Dreamer's reset threads last year (is that stealing? I hope you don't mind Dreamer!!)

5stonegraduated.jpg
3.5-4.9-8.9-4.9-3.jpg

My inspiration pieces - FireStar's wife's WF custom 7stone, I adore the proportions :love: ttp://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/custom-7-stone-whiteflash-motherhood-ring-t164798.html

file.jpg

and this CAD I found in CS a long time ago, I wish I could find the thread! If anyone knows where I got it please do let me know!

EightProngSolitaire.jpg

And here's my current ring - I want to keep all of the swoopiness and just add two stones! The eight prong becomes the difficult part - how to make sure all eight are integrated all over the head? What I don't want is basically a four-prong centre, wherein the four prongs are split-prongs..

J-RingAltered-8.png

The handmade bit, or even handmade-ish - now that's turning out to be something of a problem.

1. Victor Canera. Will work with the metal, but noted that the trellis design didn't lend itself to hand-forging: all those swoops and curves and prongs weaving in and out - exactly what I love about it - are precisely the things that are apparently very difficult and time consuming to make, measure, solder in exactly the right places. He expressed interest in the design, but observed that he could create 2.5 other rings in the time it would take to make this one, and, well, the quote was priced accordingly! Which is quite a bit out of budget, unfortunately. On the plus side he's super responsive and seems like a really great guy to work with, given the right project! He's definitely on my shortlist.

2. Steven Kirsch. Doesn't work with gold at all, only plat. I don't love the very delicate look that's his forte in any case, but.. it was worth inquiring.

3. Mark Morell. Another very friendly, personable artisan who clearly does amazing work. But... he doesn't work with the nickel alloys for mountings - apparently he did once, and decided never to again. They are apparently too hard to bend by hand (hand tools?), and he described having to hammer the prongs onto the diamond, and I was cringing into my office chair :sick: He did say he's "with me in the spirit" of loving the unplated colour, though, so there's that I suppose...

So.. that's my list! Unless Haven's jeweller does out-of-state work I guess :cheeky: Thing is, the things Victor's and Mark hesitated over and warned me about, any jeweller will face them. Which means I'll have the same issues with any jeweller who's planning on doing the job properly. This seems to be one of those designs that is just indisputably suited to CAD/CAM.

Which has its perks - like being able to see the final design before manufacture! I should get WF's quote tomorrow, assuming it's not off the wall I think I've got my vendor :appl:

It's going to be really interesting, watching that pic turn into an actual ring. Last time - actually every other time - I've had a very specific image in mind, this time I really don't - I really can't visualize exactly how everything will work together. I'll definitely be posting CADs and requesting opinions when they come in! :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1320242940|3052477 said:
texas - hah! I fenced in college - it got to the point where I just couldn't wear jeans, period, one leg was so obviously heftier than the other :-o

CB - awesome! What design did you choose? VC is living up to his reputation :sun:

oh wow, in the video it was gorgeous, but in the picture you can really see that teeny tiny milgrain detail so well, and I love the color of the unplated WG (I wonder if it will be the same as your others? whatever it is it looks really beautiful)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1320242940|3052477 said:

This is, hands-down, the most beautiful 5-stone ring I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the handshots ... I bet it's *amazing.* I am suddenly feeling a strong urge to check with VC to see how he feels about fishtail prongs ....

AndGabe

Rough_Rock
WOWOWOWOW!!.... I LOOOOVE the 8 prongs look! Your ring looks divine.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I thought your three stone ring was beautiful, but this new creation is just drop dead gorgeous and it is so special that you and your husband worked on it together. The lines of the ring are so elegant. VC is obviously an outstanding craftsman.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have it! It's *amazing* - the prongs, the trellis wires.. are exquisite :love: OMG. The prongs. The prongs.

I'm going to be a terrible tease and not post pics or more info for the moment, though... DH needs to see it first, and it's going back to VC tomorrow for a stone reorientation and a couple of other tweaks. And I want a matching band, so I need to ask him about that.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That seriously has to be one of the most amazing rings on PS!! :love: :love: :love: I can not wait to see more pics!!!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
When I first read your post that your husband was unhappy with your ring and you were going to reset I thought, ohh, how sad...after all the time, labour and cost spent on creating such a drop-dead gorgeous 3-stone. But now.....HOLY MOTHER OF BLING!!!!! Be still my heart. Your new ring is even more incredible than your 3-stone. I didn''t think it was possible. WOW {picks jaw up off floor}. If you ever want to change careers you should definitely consider custom designing jewelry. I think you'd make a killing! I can hardly wait to see handshots of your new ring. PLEASE.....don't make us wait too long. Congratulations and enjoy your new {and hopefully} forever ring.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie, I fenced in college too! But it was just a gym class and I'm sure I'm a few more years removed from college than you. The instructor was impressed with my lunges one day and had everyone watch; after about the 10th one I somehow managed to pop my hamstring and being without a car, had to drag my leg around campus like Quasimodo for the next month. He gave out awards at the end of the class and I won Best Pin Cushion. :D
The milgrain on your ring is perfection. Score another one for Victor. Can't wait to see what he does for a wedding band.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait!!! Hope VC sends it back to you soon!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!! :love:

I've been researching 5 stone threads over the past few days for my own reset and I can't believe I have only stumbled across yours just now!! What an amazing job you have done (again!)

Have you got it back yet? I'll be stalking SMTB Until I see it. :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any sort of timeline for completion? I guess he'll get it to you when it's done, huh? The waiting must be torture!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor estimates the tweaks will be done by mid next week!! So... it's *almost* home :appl:

goodgal - thank you :)) I'll be looking for some nice orangy dark red garnets (the sort that make me swoon, but probably make the CS regulars cringe ;)) ) to set in it. That setting is now available at WF btw - I called it "Butterflies".

slg - the milgrain is *amazing* IRL. I had no idea milgrain could be so fine until I saw thing2's Leons a couple of weeks ago... VC's is, to my eyes, ever bit as perfect. He really is a master with metal!

Circe - goodness, how amazing that you think so! This fivestone looks - at home - in-person. It looks just right on my finger, somehow. I'm glad we went with the smaller sidestones than the 3.5mm I was originally considering - there's *just* enough room to manoeuvre that it's perfectly comfortable, but I think even a few tenths of a mm further down the shank and it might've been a different story...

If you're interested, of course I'm biased, but I would definitely recommend you consider contacting him! He's been very easy and reassuring to work with, and I know that I have not by any means been an easygoing customer.

AndGabe - thank you! the eight pronged centre was the cornerstone of the design, so obviously very important to me, too ::) the rest all just fell into place so perfectly!

Sundial - that's really the best part. The way he grinned from ear to ear when it came in 8) I'm so happy we decided to go forward with this project. At the end of the day it's making us both happy!

Farley - aww, that's such generous praise! I can't take all the credit for this one though, afterall he turned the drawings into a sculpture :love: I promise, I'll post dozens of pics when I get it back!!

texas - what a coincidence! What weapon? I was epee... figured I was short enough not to present an accomodating target, neglected to realize that my arms were also proportionally shorter. So - lots of, um, give and take, shall we say? And bruises! But oh, I loved it ::) Goodness, though, that sounds utterly painful! Best pincushion, indeed... ::snort::

I actually just asked him for an engraved band with milgrain edges like LittleSparkle's, which I've been salivating over since I saw it (here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-victor-canera-1-8mm-platinum-engraved-wedding-band.167540/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-victor-canera-1-8mm-platinum-engraved-wedding-band.167540/[/URL]) - I'll be wearing my plain band between them. I can't wait to see them both!

Bella, MGR - thank you! He works very quickly - so I believe him when he says it's only going to be a few more days. I can't wait!

HOT - ohh I didn't know you were thinking about a reset! Have you posted about it? I'll have to go back through your threads... yeah, it was an unexpected decision, but the husband and I are very happy with it :bigsmile:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I admit, I was skeptical. I loved your last setting and didn't think you could go 5 stone with so much finger coverage already. I couldn't envision how the new "trellis" would look. But now that I have seen it... OMG WOW!! :appl: It's literally the only 8 prong I've ever liked... and I don't just like it, I LOVE it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks spectacular, I can't wait to see hand shots et al.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
That is the most beautiful five stone I have ever seen.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, yssie! :appl: It's beautiful! I can't wait to see close-ups of the milgrain. It's so elegant :love: .

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
HandSHOTS! HandSHOTS! HandSHOTS! HANDSHOTS!!!!

(tap tap tap . . . tap tap tap . . . )

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see :appl:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful ring :lickout:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is so amazingly stunning. I saw it on VC's site and marveled at the beautiful unplated metal and general perfection. Then, I saw this thread and it makes sense that it was a PSer!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Easily one of the best 5 stone rings on PS. Eagerly awaiting hand shots! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any word now on ETA?

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to see handshots!! I just know its going to look amazing :love: :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
the suspense..oh the suspense...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Dreamer, lknvrb, Haven, Skippy, Sky, SC, MGR, Future Mrs. W, Bella!! I finally put up the SMTB thread - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-two-new-victor-canera-masterpieces.168402/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-two-new-victor-canera-masterpieces.168402/[/URL]
I've actually had them for several days, I just couldn't get photos - my new workplace doesn't allow cameras on-site, and I kept missing the sunlight! Oh well, they're up now ::)

MissSC - Wow, thank you! I was sceptical myself, too, actually, at first - when I gave WF my drawings for my threestone I knew *exactly* what I wanted it to look like, and I had steps 1-15 outlined to get there. With this one... I couldn't quite see how all the details would fit together. I'm really glad I went with VC - he turned my vision into something really beautiful :appl:

Lula - the milgrain is gorgeous. It's SO delicate, on both the trellis and the band, and I really think that one little detail changes the "look" quite a bit - it gives it a lovely antique-y feel...

preg - how funny :bigsmile: and thank you! DH and I are super happy ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results