shape
carat
color
clarity

Yssie's reset thread!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been following this thread, and am so excited and strangely nervous for you, Yssie! :tongue:

Can't wait to see what you decide. I'd love for you to choose Victor, not least because he's got a couple of my stones right now! :wink2: Seriously though, whomever you decide to go with, I'm sure the results will be stunning (given you have such a keen eye for aesthetics and because you *are* a perfectionist).

I really really puffy heart yr 3-stone ring but this is sooooo very exciting and am sure yr 5-stone ring will be even more gorgeous - yay!! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven - thanks again, for being so supportive through this ::) I know that all things considered this is not exactly a terribly weighty decision, but it's still been an awfully difficult one!

I'll be honest and say part of my hesitation is that I feel like I'm doing WF a disservice by not giving them my continued patronage. They really have been good with me, and I am loyal - perhaps sometimes to a fault.

I started the thread, I don't mind people poking their noses into what I say in it ;)) You are right. This is not just any ring. This is something I need to get right or it will drive me up the wall - and unlike w/ the threestone, I don't have time/inclination/budget for multiple iterations - it's going to have to be perfect from the get-go. I really do believe either vendor could achieve the design I'm going for, though like I said Victor gets the edge on finish and the details.

I'm still shocked that my husband cares about my ring!

MGR - suspense, indeed! IF he decides to take on this project, and IF we decide to go with him (which is pretty much a given at this point) we will definitely have a long conversation to get all our ducks in a row. I trust him to get it right, but I am simply too much of a control nut to leave what is "right" totally up in the air - I will want to see a sketch of the final design detailing the way he plans to twine the trellis, how high the stones will sit. I'll want to put on paper how thick the shank will be, that it should be a rounded comfort-fit type, that it'll be in unplated Ni-wg... I don't need the design to match the specifications exactly - maybe the trellis will wind the opposite way, I'm not going to take an angle to the stones or calipers to the shank (actually I'm sure I will measure my shank, but not to judge one way or the other)... I do need the product to match the overall look and feel of the design though, and I think Victor has the eye to make that happen with or without the protractor.

That's going to be the biggest difference between working w/ WF and VC - w/ WF there will be lots of back and forth, and we'll map out exactly what the ring will look like together. W/ VC I have to put a certain amount of blind faith in him... if he was less communicative, and hadn't explained the pros and cons of going hand-forged for this specific design, the difficulties and if/how he can work around them, voiced misgivings on one element or another (comfort of having that many stones w/ my ring size, specifically)... I could not do this.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice - You have gorgeous pieces :love: I am sure he could turn the sketches I've got so far and his Adobe Illustrator outline into something really breathtaking :sun:

slg - Hah! This was an unexpected turn of events!

He detailed some of the difficulties in our first email conversation. Basically - what all those tradepeople say about some designs just being better suited to one method of manufacturing than another - is actually true! VC hand-forges, you've seen the In The Making photos on here I'm sure - each individual part starts as a bar of metal, or a cylinder, or a slab, that he shapes properly and solders into place. The shank of my design is plain, so that's easy, but the head is a trellis - so however many long cylinders that need to be bent perfectly to twirl around and between each other, soldered exactly symmetrically on L/R and front/back, with minimal room for error since the elements are close enough together that even a mm off would be glaring. Then there's the fact that I want it made specifically in Ni-wg, which is a hard metal - harder to bend and mould than plat., and gold solder is a slightly different colour so the solder joints would have to be well-hidden (mostly on the interior I guess) so that they aren't noticeable. Then there's the perfection of finish, prongs, polish inside and out that his customers have come to expect on all his pieces...

So - all in all he thinks it's a really pretty design, and is intrigued by the challenge of producing it. And clearly, if he pulls it off his reputation as a master of his craft is indisputable! It'd be a portfolio piece (and I promise never to wear anything but a plain rounded band with it, and to take very, very, very, very good care of it!) BUT it promises to be a PITA that he outright stated he wouldn't be reproducing anytime soon.

MrsBB - Thank you!! I appreciate the cheering squad :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer - LOL. It would be a whole lot less expensive if I didn't have so many empty settings lying around!!

I'm actually not worried about resetting this time - I'm confident that I have sufficient experience w/ resets at this point to know what I'm looking for, and what needs to be done to make that happen. Confidence through experience is not, though, the sort I recommend anyone else aim to acquire...

Can you tell that the idea of resetting *again* is really bugging me? All that talk about keeping the set I was married with forever... forever lasted a whole year. And yet - I haven't worn my ring at all for more than a few minutes at a time since DH told me he didn't like it, I just can't stomach it. So *something* needs to be done! This WILL be the last reset, for better or worse. I simply can't imagine ever putting more money into this thing.

I did email him about minimizing the demarcation between endstones and setting. Keeping the cathedral shoulder that pinches in toward the prong, and at the last minute swooping out into a semi-bezel, or a flatter prong perhaps... we'll see what he says.

Laila, Dreamer - That is one concern. I agree with the first point - I suspect that A) he is too proud of his work to let anything other than perfection out of his shop, and B) aware that if this piece specifically does not wind up being worthy of being added to the portfolio, it's time and effort wasted. So the real concern is that while lovely, it won't match the vision I have in mind, but I am reassured by our conversations, which have thus far indicated that he understands exactly what sort of feel I'm going for. There are two ways to make me happy - with an artist who intuitively "gets it", or with a lot of back and forth, and I'm really, truly fine with either! And we'll put what we can into words and pictures if we do decide to go ahead. Here's the Illustrator model to-scale w/ stone/finger sizes and required metal widths, w/ 3.3mm end-stones. I'm thinking of dropping even further to 3.1, 3.2ish.

Trel-01.jpg

I remember Charmy's saga... I do think there is an important difference though: she was looking for a very specific product that incorporated specific elements, and she greatly values delicate detailing - and her piece has lots of pave which highlights the artists' skill w/ the pave on minimal metal look. I, on the other hand, am (really, believe it or not) more interested in preserving the overall look and feel of my design than in the minutiae of how exactly that's done, wrt what curves through where say, and I have no objection to thicker pieces w/ extra metal - and of course I don't have any pave... but you are both right, it is something to think about and make a decision on! From my conversations with various vendors about handmade pieces, noone seems to have experience with trellises - and it turns out there's a reason for that! So if we must go handmade we're going to have to do it blind, and I think we picked a good vendor for that.

Phoenix What projects do you have in the works? I don't remember reading about any - I'll have to go back through your threads! If he agrees, we will be going with VC.

Thank you!! I do adore my threestone. And I'm so happy it's part of WF's stock - I love the idea that other people love it too, enough to choose it for themselves ::) I'll be keeping the setting, I think a trio of bright red garnets in the creamy metal will be spectacular :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie thank you for the explanation! I suppose that is why most of the handmade three-stone rings are the more 'straight' style (I am not sure what this is called...I was about to use the word 'blocky' but in hand-made pieces these are quite refined and not blocky at all, just more...straight)

I think your new design is lovely (and the sheer size of your center stone in relation to your small finger is apparent when it is mapped out like that!) I do agree about minimizing the demarcation between the two side stones and the setting though.

Do you already have side stones or are you looking for some currently?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1318003088|3035357 said:
yssie thank you for the explanation! I suppose that is why most of the handmade three-stone rings are the more 'straight' style (I am not sure what this is called...I was about to use the word 'blocky' but in hand-made pieces these are quite refined and not blocky at all, just more...straight)

I think your new design is lovely (and the sheer size of your center stone in relation to your small finger is apparent when it is mapped out like that!) I do agree about minimizing the demarcation between the two side stones and the setting though.

Do you already have side stones or are you looking for some currently?

Yeah - that sems to be why! I never actually thought about it before this - I remember Victor posting on here about how such a design would be incredibly difficult by hand, and that casting would just be more cost effective, with little loss.

I'm curious about what he'll say regarding the end-prong situation. I feel like I shouldn't contact him too much, I don't want to scare him off the project, but on the other hand not emailing with every last thought is just - not *me*, so if he's going to work with me he should know up front what sort of person he's dealing with, right?

He has already expressed concern that it's just too much stone, and that it won't be comfortable between my fingers. I replied that it was a risk that for this specific piece I'm willing to take - I don't actually wear it all that much anyway as it is, and my fingers have got used to some pretty rough milgrain/pronged eternities pretty quickly so I think I'd just get used to whatever restrictions such a design would create. Actually I posted about that in one of Phoenix's old threads - if I shove my ring all the way to one side there's a surprising amount of room left, so I'm not sure it's even going to be a problem, but better safe than sorry... I NEED this design. I LOVE it, and I MUST have it. I feel like a 4yo who's found the halloween stash... whatever inherent issues it comes with, well, we'll just have to take them as they come!

He'll provide the last pair of sidestones. They'll be Js or Ks by GIA standard, since the other three are Js. I am interested to see how I feel about having melee so near my centrestone - it's one thing I've always been adamantly against, because of the differences in light return... but given that there's no way around it, I've decided to consider it an academic exercise and appreciate the different look it brings :cheeky:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer brings up a really good point, though I'm inclined to believe that VC won't let anything leave his bench unless it is perfect. Especially since he knows you're going to come here on PS and report every single detail! :cheeky:

Yssie--I understand the feeling you have towards WF, and your desire to continue working with them. I feel the exact same way about Burdeen's, and it would be difficult for me to have a piece made with another jeweler. However, if I were in your position, and working on a ring that isn't just any ring, and is also one that my husband was very invested in, I'd have to go with the best man for the job. I don't have experience with WF or VC, but it definitely seems like VC is the man *you'd* prefer for this job, all else being equal. (Which of course, it's not equal where money is concerned.)

If you do go with VC, this is going to make for a fascinating look into the boundaries of an artist's limits. I'm confident that he wouldn't take on this job if he couldn't pull it off, and if he does craft your ring, I can't wait to see it.

Whatever you choose to do, choose it with confidence. You really can't make the wrong decision here, and I imagine some more time thinking on it will bring you closer to knowing whom to choose.

I'm so excited and happy and nervous for you. Thank you for letting us be a part of this journey!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is my preferred vendor.. though I feel guilty for thinking that. Because he is an artist who understands my vision, and because of the details, the finish, and the knowledge that it'll be truly one-of-a-kind in so many ways.

He also hasn't yet *agreed* to do this, so maybe I'm climbing the walls over nothing! In my email this morning I made it clear that if he is amenable, we will be working with him. I feel better having (sort-of) made the decision.. though I will be calling WF after that has been finalized, they deserve an explanation - from me, not from a thread on PS.

It really is going to be utterly fascinating! I asked for photos as he creates the piece, and I assume he anticipates me asking for details on his thoughts and the process when it's done ::)

I'm honoured that he liked the design. Liked the design enough to consider it worth trying, and worth making a statement with, whatever he ultimately decides. And if he declines - it's not like I'd be sacrificing with my second option :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK Yssie, I am going to throw something out there and you might bristle at it but I would not feel right as your friend if I did not mention it.

Based on your comments about big stones and the desire for a five stone, and now wearing one myself with so much smaller diamonds, I honestly think your center stone is too large for a ring like this from a more practical perspective, and somewhat from an esthetic one. If you had ham hands like me and were a size 6-7, then I might feel a little differently, but as a size 1 or whatever you are :cheeky: I think it will be unwieldy on a daily basis.

I share VCs concern that the sides will be too large but also am concerned if you go small enough to make it comfortable, then it defeats the whole purpose of a five stone ring! I think you need at least 30 point stones on the ends to have a five stone look. And I don't think your husband knows enough about diamonds to know that, perhaps, if he has con complained about using 3.2mm stones on the ends? Because using little dudes like that, and adding the fact that they will mostly be hidden between your fingers because the spread is so large, I think the ring when worn will look a lot like the one you already own. I don't want you going through all this and being in the same spot.

Since you want this iteration to last, before you commit, I think you should give serious thought to upgrading color/clarity on the center and going down in size a little. I know your husband feels sentimental about the diamond you were married with, but he really can't have it all ;)) He can't feel ambivalent about big Mary there in the middle *and* get a true five stone look *and* keep the marriage stones (in my opinion)

Food for though my dear. I truly adore the design you came up with, but I do think it will look and wear better with a 2xt or even smaller stone :halo:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1318011801|3035438 said:
OK Yssie, I am going to throw something out there and you might bristle at it but I would not feel right as your friend if I did not mention it.

Based on your comments about big stones and the desire for a five stone, and now wearing one myself with so much smaller diamonds, I honestly think your center stone is too large for a ring like this from a more practical perspective, and somewhat from an esthetic one. If you had ham hands like me and were a size 6-7, then I might feel a little differently, but as a size 1 or whatever you are :cheeky: I think it will be unwieldy on a daily basis.

I share VCs concern that the sides will be too large but also am concerned if you go small enough to make it comfortable, then it defeats the whole purpose of a five stone ring! I think you need at least 30 point stones on the ends to have a five stone look. And I don't think your husband knows enough about diamonds to know that, perhaps, if he has con complained about using 3.2mm stones on the ends? Because using little dudes like that, and adding the fact that they will mostly be hidden between your fingers because the spread is so large, I think the ring when worn will look a lot like the one you already own. I don't want you going through all this and being in the same spot.

Since you want this iteration to last, before you commit, I think you should give serious thought to upgrading color/clarity on the center and going down in size a little. I know your husband feels sentimental about the diamond you were married with, but he really can't have it all ;)) He can't feel ambivalent about big Mary there in the middle *and* get a true five stone look *and* keep the marriage stones (in my opinion)

Food for though my dear. I truly adore the design you came up with, but I do think it will look and wear better with a 2xt or even smaller stone :halo:
I have to agree with Dreamer_D on this!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer - I am not bristling ;)) I know that you have a good head on your shoulders.

I actually thought about doing exactly that. Going down in size on the centre, and up in clarity (unlike you I'm not the least bit interested in higher colour ::) ) the problem is that for the price we paid for my lil' guy right now I'm looking at trading for 2ct K SI1s - that is a LOT less stone and a colour drop - not that I feel strongly about the colour, but from a value perspective it's clearly a losing proposition. And since my stone does not have the branding and H&A pedigree that yours did, I can't imagine selling it outright would result in anything other than a painful loss... with prices the way they are, much like you found w/ the AVC, it's all-or-nothing - either sell/consign/whatever without replacement, or for replacement w/ something totally different like you did, or keep what you have - selling or trading for something "similar" just doesn't make any sense at all. Especially since I do love my stone, it has sentimental value... DH was adamantly against the idea, and I do not think this is the right choice for us either, given that I would in fact want a "similar" stone.

I considered switching to a different shape or style - maybe an OEC, which I have fallen in love with, but I keep coming back to plain ol' RBs - they have the OOMPH I know that I would get bored without long-term!

I've also considered dropping sidestone size, and avoiding the giant value hit, but then that would highlight the centre more and I don't want that at all.

Ultimately I think he has a better idea than I gave him credit for originally, but no, I don't think he "sees" how it will all come together... but I also don't think he cares! Famous last words, right? To scale outlines -

As to what I see IRL - I've thought long and hard about this. This might sound kooky, but bear with me - I'm going to try to explain why I am positive that I will see the difference even w/ melee.

We know that photos make the stones look bigger, and that they look to stick out further across the finger than they actually look to IRL. IRL when my ring is on exactly the top of my finger and I look down at my hand, the white of the sidestones and end-prongs is *exactly* in-line with my finger - you could draw straight lines from my fingertips down the sides of my finger to my palm, and the sidestones would hit those two lines dead on.

It's a very unflattering look IRL, actually. (Of course, it's new to this iteration, since my older ring had smaller stones, so you could see the sides of the fingers and the band wrapping around.) I started letting it just spin to one side and stay there, not re-centering it, to create some delineation between ring and finger boundaries... Now, though, that this opportunity has come up, it's the perfect time to *fix* it - even the teeny tiny stones at significant angles would jut out just enough to create some 3D effect that I like to see.

Did that make sense? It's one of the reasons I love the look of eternity bands - the way they protrude from the finger head-on and in profile.

ETA: pic might explain better

ETA: Bright Ice also.. :))

Attachments

• lines.bmp
    340.3 KB · Views: 582
  • sizes.bmp
    152.8 KB · Views: 561

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie--I totally understand what you're saying about the face-down view of your ring, and how you prefer it if it protrudes from your finger on the sides. I completely agree. That's one of the aspects I love about my eternity band, and one reason that I don't love rings that have multiple stones only on the very top.

ETA: I love your illustrations.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you on the value thing having just gone through it myself. I did not think it would be such a loss, but clearly that is not a good move based on your description :knockout:

From your drawings, going from L-R, I do think the second (with smaller stones) and the fourth (with outside guys) look the best on the mock ups. I see your point! As to size, I sort of like the "larger" 3.5 because you will see some contrast in the optics, whereas I wonder if opting for the 3.1 you are getting in ot the "white dot" size range.

Eyes wide open is my saying about this stuff, and it sounds like you are going in that way.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Yssie, I'm the same way! I call it 'dimensional,' i.e. the setting has to be dimensional and stick out a bit on the sides for me to like it. When it's just flat against the finger I don't like it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, folks, saga is over. I have a VENDOR!!!!

The winner is....

VC :bigsmile:

Now, who's actually surprised? :cheeky: I am quite literally giddy. DH is grinning ear to ear, I love it!

We decided to go with the 3.3mm stones. I think that's the best compromise between looking good, gaining a wee bit more finger room, and staying out of Little White Dot territory... though I kinda think even a 3.5mm would be a little white dot, so maybe that's just chasing rainbows!

He suggested doing a tri-wire type, which I'm very intrigued by: two wires on the bottom soldered together, and one wire on top. The two bottom wires would branch off to create those long prongs that come up to the middle of centrestone. It'd keep the "wire" look throughout, which sounds appealing - he's sending a pic of a piece he made for another customer for me to preview, and we'll make up a sketch of what my design will look like. I clarified the way in which that the prongs will twine together to form the actual head... he said that this will be "the prettiest trellis design he's ever seen", which gives me the fuzzies just imagining it :bigsmile:

I also asked for this change:

Trel-01_0.jpg

On a less-giddy note: VC has made it clear he prefers In The Making photos not be posted on the public domain, as he wishes to withhold some details on the creation process. So I will not be posting (or in fact even receiving) anything of that sort, and any further explanation posts will have to be sent to him first to be vetted. I plan on sharing as much of this process as he is comfortable with ::)

Thank you Haven! It's another of those things that I didn't spend any time thinking about beforehand, and now know better about.

Dreamer - yeah, it's not pretty! I was surprised actually - I hadn't expected that the lower clarity/lower colour combos were subject to stratospheric increases like the G/H VSs :sick: it's an ugly time to be engagement ring shopping, that's for sure.

At first I liked the 3.5s best too, but... after looking and looking and looking I think it looks a bit like centre & accents? W/ the 3.3 the clear graduation seems to pull my attention away from the centre - the centre blob actually looks smaller than the other two to me, even though I know they are all identical! The 3.1 takes it too far, and puts all the focus back on the centre. What do you think?

Laila - Dimensional is a really good word for it. I want it to be dimensional - in all dimensions!

Then I go back over my post and I think wow, we really are all a bit nutty - just how many people would bother with such observations? :halo:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: I am very happy for you Yssie :bigsmile: I think Victor will do an outstanding design for you. I can't WAIT to see it!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This is going to be one gorgeous ring, Yssie! I can't wait to see the final piece. When do you expect to have the finished ring?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! I can't wait to see the ring :)

it seems like the change you have made might make the ring uncomfortable? or do you expect that part to rest on the fingers?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1318034388|3035670 said:
congratulations! I can't wait to see the ring :)

it seems like the change you have made might make the ring uncomfortable? or do you expect that part to rest on the fingers?

Darn it, you're totally right! That won't be high enough to always rest on fingers, esp since my rings DO spin... veto, veto!

ETA - email sent. Thank you slg!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheers BI, stargurl, slg :bigsmile:

Timeline - not a clue. I imagine several weeks. That's fine, it's not like it has to get to the altar on time ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
of course! I think if the design is smoother, it may be more comfortable? of course you will still want it to look swoopy and elegant...

2 ideas

1) (left side) reduce curvature, still trying to maintain a graceful line

2) (right side) add a small wire that could perhaps participate in the semi-bezeling of the last stone? might be uncomfortable as you are adding width? you could also 'fill in' with metal but this seems like it would take away from the beautiful lines of the ring?

yssiegiant5stonering.jpg

I'd see what Victor has to say...I'm sure can come up with an elegant solution to get all of those diamonds on your tiny finger :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the way on the R - I do think it takes away from the swoopiness.

I do like the L idea - maybe reduce the curve at the top where the prong meets the stone, and then hyperextend the bulge outward as it meets the shank - maybe even add a full inflection point - so that it's virtually impossible to even reach that pointy end? But.. will that take away too much usable finger space?

I'll have to ask!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lions tigers and several weeks - oh no! J/K - I know these things take time and you want to give an artist all the time he needs to make it gorgeous. It will be a long wait though, huh?

You've made such progress! A vendor and a design! I think the size of the last stones will be good and I totally agree with Dreamer - a white dot look at the end would just not flow. The real task is keeping the correct curvature for the finger (for aesthetics AND comfort) while maintaining the integrity of the design! Wow - quite a job but I've no doubt he's up to the task.

So excited for you and it's been such fun to watch the idea and design grow and evolve. We'll try to keep you company as you wait!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask about the comfort of the tri-wire shank. There is a beverly k ring with a shank that I think is like the one you areplanning, and Uppy or D&T were saying it is a little like a knife edge in terms of comfort.

My vote is to have the shank rise smoothly to meet the last diamond in some way with either smooth prongs or bezel for comfort. You do not want anytthing jutting out there.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks said:
Lions tigers and several weeks - oh no! J/K - I know these things take time and you want to give an artist all the time he needs to make it gorgeous. It will be a long wait though, huh?

I think so - I don't think I ever asked outright! He's talked about how it's a labour-intensive piece though, and said at first that he could make 2.5 other rings in the time it would take to make this one, so I'm probably safe not expecting anything for several weeks. Maybe I'll be happily surprised :))
You've made such progress! A vendor and a design! I think the size of the last stones will be good and I totally agree with Dreamer - a white dot look at the end would just not flow. The real task is keeping the correct curvature for the finger (for aesthetics AND comfort) while maintaining the integrity of the design! Wow - quite a job but I've no doubt he's up to the task.

So excited for you and it's been such fun to watch the idea and design grow and evolve. We'll try to keep you company as you wait!

Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to watching it come alive. How amazing - put together an inspiration CAD and an artist and five requirements your husband wrote out years ago and from the cauldron emerges something that promises to be - really something!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will it sit pretty close to your wedding band like before? Also, did you ultimately decide on platinum or gold?

Can't wait to see the final product!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1318037592|3035710 said:
Ask about the comfort of the tri-wire shank. There is a beverly k ring with a shank that I think is like the one you areplanning, and Uppy or D&T were saying it is a little like a knife edge in terms of comfort.

My vote is to have the shank rise smoothly to meet the last diamond in some way with either smooth prongs or bezel for comfort. You do not want anytthing jutting out there.

I see... I will have to find some to try on. I'll post a pic in a bit that should highlight exactly what we're talking about here, and request some opinions on that...

Yup. Flat prong.

mom2boys said:
Will it sit pretty close to your wedding band like before? Also, did you ultimately decide on platinum or gold?

Can't wait to see the final product!!!

Gold - unplated 18k Ni-alloy white, just like my current ring (might be a slightly different shade of yellow depending on what alloy is used).

I'm not sure about the gap - I like a gap though, so I would be disappointed if it was totally flush ::)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie do you know what alloy of unplated WG he uses? I remember that you had to order a special wedding band to match your other ring...will you get VC to make you a new wedding band or wear your current one (even if it does not match?)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a clue slg! I'll find out if what he uses matches my ring at all... if not I might have him make a plain band, too, or just get another from e-wb. Fortunately they're just plain bands, so nothing special needed!

I've decided against the tri-wire. It's a cute, quirky idea, and I bet it'd look really nifty, but it just doesn't say "classic" - or, well, "classy" to me the way a plain polished shank does, and I want to think "classic and classy" when I look at my ring.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: I was hoping you would have made the big reveal by the time I got home from services tonight! Woohooo! I'm excited for you, Yssie!

Okay, I was a bit :-o when I first read about the three wire idea, so I'm glad to hear that you nixed it. I definitely don't think it's a terrible design, but it's certainly not a classic design, that's for sure.

I can understand VC's desire to keep some elements of his creation process under wraps. Makes total sense to me.

This ring is going to be AMAZING!!!! I'm so excited to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results