shape
carat
color
clarity

Woot! Ebay find! Michael Beaudry Flower Diamond & Platinum band!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple of weeks ago, I was looking around ebay for a floral wedding band since I read that another Pricescoper was looking for one in a size 9. I kept looking on her behalf from time to time. A Beaudry floral band came up with a starting bid of $875. It had no bids. Dismissing it as fake, I didn't think much about it until a few days later when I popped into ebay again.

It was still at $875 with only one bidder and the auction was close to ending. I started googling for Beaudry online and see that he did create designs like this. I also googled "Beaudry fake rings" and came up with nothing. So figuring I might take a chance at it, because I couldn't see it as a design that someone would attempt to fake (and even if it were just platinum and real diamonds, it'd be worth the money), I bid and won at a little over $1000.

Then I got that scam email that I mentioned on this thread. Since everyone seemed to think the seller was innocent, I paid via paypal and told him I was going get it authenticated, so please don't send if he thought it was a fake. (Hey, thought it was worth a shot.)

When I got the ring, honestly, I was not expecting much. It looked good, felt heavy, and the diamonds sparkled. I louped them. Clean. Then I took my H&A viewer to see what the cuts might be like, and to my shock, I saw perfect arrows in many of the diamonds and the other ones had a perfectly symmetrical pattern I had not seen before. I began to think it might be real, because a fake surely would not use such nice diamonds!

Michael Beaudry recently opened a boutique at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills. I spoke to a lady named Sarah over the phone, who was delightful. She told me to bring the ring in and that a gentlmen named Sonny would look at it. I met him today and he was SO nice! He said he thought it was theirs, and then asked another gentleman to look at the ring.

Michael Beaudry himself!

He didn't even need to look at the ring under a loupe. He just said, yes, that is mine. He said he know his all his rings because they are all his children. It didn't have the six digit number that Beaudry has on all their rings now, but Mr. Beaudry said the ring was made before they started doing the numbers.

Sonny was a total doll and even though he knew I wasn't buying anything, gave me a mini tour of the lovely store and told me a lot about the details (ceilings, furniture, etc). Honestly, I have never experienced such lovely service in a jewelry store. Beaudry is smart. Today's chick that bought a ring for a steal on ebay might be tomorrow's Beaudry Couture customer. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience...such a treat and OH MY GOD, the jewelry. Just gorgeous!!

So I bought this ring as my "Amelia Backup". Diamonds are her birthstones, and the flowers to me represent a girl.

Enjoy!!!

Stats:

Michael Beaudry Platinum (10.2 grams) Floral Ring with Diamonds, about .30-.40ctw. Size 6.

ebayMB1.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beaudry stamp

ebayMB3.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful engraving on the rails

ebayMB6.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky girl, what a stunning ring! Congratulations!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bright diamonds (they are very sparkly...the ring is in incredibly fantastic condition, which Sonny actually pointed out to me as well.)

ebayMB2.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only pic I could get threw the H&A viewer

ebayMB7.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
On a flashlight...

ebayMB5.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And lastly, handshot. Hope you enjoyed! I love this ring...it''s much more delicate in real life.

ebayMB4.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! What a fantastic find.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Man, what a stunning ring!! I love, love, love coming on a fabulous ebay find! And all I can say is.......

SCORE!!!!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS on a STUNNING ebay find! I am soooooo jealous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Not only did you hit the "motherload" but you met the designer to authenticate it!! GOOD For YOU!!!! The ring is absolutely Dreamy and a perfect replacement for your Amelia ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a great find! Thats to neat that you got to meet the designer himself when you went to get it authenticated. It has so many lovely details to discover. Thanks for sharing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, you lucky girl!!!!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
**** FAINTING DEAD AWAY ****

That is perfection. Perfection AND a steal?
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
27.gif
18.gif
18.gif
36.gif

Well ... at least it happened to someone I adore. Blerg. JEALOUS! Mixed feeling! ENVY!!

**tilt**

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a find TGal! Amelia is a lucky girl in more ways than one
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That is such a sweet deal! Beautiful ring and it looks fantastic on your finger!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Tgal, you did good! I love the ring!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that''s a beautiful ring, and how great that it was real. looks like you had a great adventure out of it!!
I''m happy for you!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
heehee--I saw that on ebay--I''m so glad you got it!! It''s so pretty--congrats Tgal!
36.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
what a steal!! congrats! =)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m so incredibly delighted for you, while being absolutely green with envy about that ring! Love, love, love it!

I really need to get back on ebay. . . . . .

21.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous - I''ve never seen a design like that before, and I *love* it. Very Renaissance Florentine.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW fantastic find T-gal :) looks beautiful :D

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Awesome find!!! And how great you met Beaudry himself!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find, great story! Congratulations!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

Coati, I''m glad you have slim, beautiful fingers/hands, otherwise I may not have gotten it, lol.

Well, I''m still floored. I never get lucky on ebay. In fact, in the 8 years I''ve been on ebay, I''ve only purchased 7 items including this one. Most have been from retail storefronts (sharper image, etc.) I totally took a chance on this one. Ebay scares me!! I was only really on it to help someone else on PS.

Sarah told me yesterday that Mr. Beaudry might be there, and I told her, yeah, that''s what I want...go up to the man and ask, "Hi Michael, is this a fakey?" I''d have been so mortified if it was. I saw him when I walked in but he looks a bit different from that pic that is posted everywhere of him and he did walk away when I asked for Sonny. I didn''t want to be forward and scream out, "Michael!!!!" LOL.

The seller on ebay sells preowned stuff. A lot of Tiffany and watches and antique pieces. Feedback was mostly good, but a fair about of negative, which made me nervous. Tiffany and other well known items don''t particularly seem like a deal, but Beaudry? Either this guy doesn''t know what he''s selling or figures other people don''t. He sold 2 Beaudry settings with diamonds for around $500 to the same buyer. That''s insane. He still has a couple listed.

Sonny did give me an idea about the price of such a ring by showing me a 18K gold flower one with diamond rails. Let''s just say I would have not been able to afford it any time soon. Even my Amelia ring, once finished, will be more reasonably priced.

Which is why I am going to JM for the pad. As much as Leon was very kind, for the price of one of his settings, I could get this Beaudry, a JM and probably have money left over. Plus I like having two rings to wear so they don''t wear out too much.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 5:52:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Beautiful engraving on the rails
Wow, it is spectacular; I have not seen anything like it. I really love it!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, and such a steal -- congratulations!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It''s marrrrrvelous! A thing of beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results