color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, what do you think of this style-wise, also its platinum so did you definitely want white gold or would you consider platinum too? The challenge of course is finding one that is in excellent condition, I see these bands often but more times than not they are very worn down.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/636317...latinum-9-diamond-hand?ref=user_profile&frs=1
You are something! Thank you! I love the engraved sides but I don’t like sideway designs between the diamonds in the front. I like it to be straight. I prefer white gold because my ering is 18k white gold..so soft..and I would prefer to not wear a spacer..If a really pretty platinum one came up I would get it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, okay I'll do some looking later on.

Today is so crazy! Locked the keys in the car so had to take a taxi to get my son to school and the day started with an Etsy customer accusing me of conspiring with gypsies and sending her something she didn't order (she did though) and wanting a refund after two months. Oy Vey!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, okay I'll do some looking later on.

Today is so crazy! Locked the keys in the car so had to take a taxi to get my son to school and the day started with an Etsy customer accusing me of conspiring with gypsies and sending her something she didn't order (she did though) and wanting a refund after two months. Oy Vey!
Oh no! I hope your day gets better!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hold the phone! How about this @Mamabean?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/603077...nd&ref=sr_gallery-8-37&organic_search_click=1

I also found this one, no diamonds but really pretty and Ostby Barton is very collectible:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/573865...=sr_gallery-8-25&organic_search_click=1&pro=1

Sorry I have no idea how to shorten links and still have them work!
I love them but they’re too thin. I don’t want to drive you crazy so no need to specifically look for me unless you’re looking and you see one in my size. I have a lot of thin diamond bands so looking more for a floral and it doesn’t have to have diamonds in it.I have a thin carved one but it doesn’t show up in the stack. I’ll take it out later and post it in the stack of the day thread so you can see it. It’s lovely up close but when I put it on it just disappears. It’s too small to see the detail. I’m never going to find one like this van craeynest one pre-owned but I’m debating about having David Klass make one similiar to it without the center diamond. I like the carved flowers and I do have some little diamonds from a tennis bracelet that I think I want him to set inside the flower...or alongside it..It would be from my Christmas or birthday money..Thank you so much for looking for me! You’re so sweet!
I just realized I posted all my bands in a post..I also forgot to post the van craeynest I like!
86217329-B4DE-4379-85A7-E5D833DDB19D.jpeg

Attachments

• 2F8E2F2B-7943-4410-BC33-1A7074B2F806.jpeg
    2F8E2F2B-7943-4410-BC33-1A7074B2F806.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 25

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see them! There is a shop on Etsy called "That Vintage Sparkle" they tend to have some really pretty bands regularly, put them on your favorite list so if something comes up you'll be notified. Also look at RubyLane because I see nice ones on there regularly, Ebay of course but it can be touch and go, I'm waiting to receive a band I'm afraid might be lost and the seller is not being helpful at all. I much prefer Etsy but then I'm a bit biased lol!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see them! There is a shop on Etsy called "That Vintage Sparkle" they tend to have some really pretty bands regularly, put them on your favorite list so if something comes up you'll be notified. Also look at RubyLane because I see nice ones on there regularly, Ebay of course but it can be touch and go, I'm waiting to receive a band I'm afraid might be lost and the seller is not being helpful at all. I much prefer Etsy but then I'm a bit biased lol!
I love Etsy but have been on eBay forever..I bought so many rings on eBay. I mainly buy new things on Etsy but never realized they also have pre-owned too!
Here you go! It’s the fourth one up from my wedding set! Please excuse my old lady hands!
C3F4A0B0-920E-4B14-85B7-17DCC19DA45B.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..I saw a ring I like on the Vintage Sparkle but it was a size 8.5 or 8.75..Waaa! I would have bought it because it was wide enough!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg..I saw a ring I like on the Vintage Sparkle but it was a size 8.5 or 8.75..Waaa! I would have bought it because it was wide enough!

I LOVE your collection!! OMG so many options, and I adore that band of yours, it looks like it's in really good condition. We are going to find you something, not to worry, best of all a lot of sellers are marking their jewelry down to get it to sell for the holiday season!

Do you have a budge in mind and are you just looking for one band?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! It’s a new band that I bought early this year on Etsy. It’s beautiful but just too thin to show up next to my ering. I could get the wider one but want to get something different and preferably pre-loved. After Christmas I’ll know what I can spend. If it’s a few hundred I would do it now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday brought bad news in the way of a $600 car repair bill, but today is a new day and a new band to talk about :appl:

This is the band I bought off EBay that I thought might have been lost. 18K and turns out it's made by J.R. Wood, when I tell you it glides on like butter it's no exaggeration. I'm up in the air on whether I will keep or sell it because I feel like it kind of disappears when I stack it, also the three rings have very different tones to them.

What say the vintage jury? Yay or nay?

IMG_1865.JPG IMG_1866.JPG IMG_1867.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1871.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about that car bill. Grrrr! I lose sleep over stuff like that.
The band is gorgeous! And the milgrain is still intact!
I love it:love:
Wear it for a while and when you get tired of it, sell it. Easy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday brought bad news in the way of a $600 car repair bill, but today is a new day and a new band to talk about :appl:

This is the band I bought off EBay that I thought might have been lost. 18K and turns out it's made by J.R. Wood, when I tell you it glides on like butter it's no exaggeration. I'm up in the air on whether I will keep or sell it because I feel like it kind of disappears when I stack it, also the three rings have very different tones to them.

What say the vintage jury? Yay or nay?

IMG_1865.JPG IMG_1866.JPG IMG_1867.JPG IMG_1868.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1871.JPG
I love it! It looks like the same width of the beautiful band I have that gets lost in my stack. It’s so petty though..I would do as @stracci2000 said and wear it for a while and enjoy it..You’ll know eventually if you want to sell it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Stracci and @Mamabean, I like the idea of wearing it for awhile:mrgreen2:

@stracci2000 so the car repair is a real PIA because basically a car parts place sold me the wrong battery, it was too powerful and it fried my alternator. So because they sold me the wrong battery I had to get the right one and a new alternator yesterday morning because the car was surging and all of my lights and electronics were going haywire. So mad!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Stracci and @Mamabean, I like the idea of wearing it for awhile:mrgreen2:

@stracci2000 so the car repair is a real PIA because basically a car parts place sold me the wrong battery, it was too powerful and it fried my alternator. So because they sold me the wrong battery I had to get the right one and a new alternator yesterday morning because the car was surging and all of my lights and electronics were going haywire. So mad!

Wow, that's awful!
I wonder how they could've made a mistake like that? They are supposed to look up your car model and give you the correct battery.
Yeah, I just spent $600 on new tires recently. Car stuff sucks.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's awful!
I wonder how they could've made a mistake like that? They are supposed to look up your car model and give you the correct battery.
Yeah, I just spent $600 on new tires recently. Car stuff sucks.

Oh man, so you really feel my pain! Sorry about the tires, they are so expensive and you gotta have good tires. Everything car related is just so darn expensive.

Here is the thing, when they looked in the computer it said that you can put an AGM battery in a Toyota Highlander, but AGM batteries are supposed to be in vehicles like Jeeps and Mercedes because they require more power output. The correct battery for the Highlander is a 24F. Anyways their computer is wrong, so if someone else goes in to the parts store with a Highlander (which is a popular vehicle) they could also be given the wrong battery which can damage the alternator and the electrical system in the car.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, so you really feel my pain! Sorry about the tires, they are so expensive and you gotta have good tires. Everything car related is just so darn expensive.

Here is the thing, when they looked in the computer it said that you can put an AGM battery in a Toyota Highlander, but AGM batteries are supposed to be in vehicles like Jeeps and Mercedes because they require more power output. The correct battery for the Highlander is a 24F. Anyways their computer is wrong, so if someone else goes in to the parts store with a Highlander (which is a popular vehicle) they could also be given the wrong battery which can damage the alternator and the electrical system in the car.
Can you complain to the car parts store? Maybe they have insurance for such mistakes? I'm just guessing here.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I'm going to try, first I have to see if the auto place that fixed the car will put in writing that the battery was the cause of the alternator being fried. I already returned the battery and got a refund on that at least.

The garage that worked on the car said with a lot of these places they include the labor "free" so it becomes a gray area when there is a problem. Well in any case I learned a lesson, don't let an auto parts store (Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts) do any work on a car because they may not be liable for damages with free labor.

In better news I am going to the big indoor flea market Sunday so excited about that. I'm sure you will be out and about too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Omg! I missed this! I didn’t read the test yet but I hope they’re replacing the alternator for free..It’s their fault!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I bought a ring on Etsy! It’s new..I bought the wider version of the carved ring I already have.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/525621...h-milgrain-edge-275-mm?show_sold_out_detail=1

I LOVE! I think this will be perfect, you'll be able to see it and appreciate all the detail, it's really pretty.

As for the alternator, i had to fight to return the battery, I haven't even attempted the alternator issue yet because I have to go to the corporate level for that. Ugh, adulting stinks, apart from the bling part anyways!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE! I think this will be perfect, you'll be able to see it and appreciate all the detail, it's really pretty.

As for the alternator, i had to fight to return the battery, I haven't even attempted the alternator issue yet because I have to go to the corporate level for that. Ugh, adulting stinks, apart from the bling part anyways!
Thank you..It’s 2.75mm so just a bit wider..
It does stink..I hate doing things like that but it would be awful for them to get away with it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you..It’s 2.75mm so just a bit wider..
It does stink..I hate doing things like that but it would be awful for them to get away with it.

Two words:

Social Media

All it takes is one review of a customer that says they were sold the wrong product that damaged their car. I'm certainly not trying to ruin them but someone put the wrong information in the computer so who knows how many other people could be affected or how many other errors there are.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two words:

Social Media

All it takes is one review of a customer that says they were sold the wrong product that damaged their car. I'm certainly not trying to ruin them but someone put the wrong information in the computer so who knows how many other people could be affected or how many other errors there are.
There’s nothing wrong with telling the truth. I rely on reviews for everything I buy including hotels, etc. That’s how I felt about GoldenBird...I was trying to
prevent anyone else having the problem I had.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just came back from my Antique mall.
It seems that someone tried to cut the lock off my glass case!
They didn't get very far. I guess the metal was no match for their wirecutters, or whatever tool they used.
We actually have 2 padlocks on the door, one near the top and one near the bottom. This damage was on the top lock. They wouldve had to cut through both locks to open the door.
In the photo below, you can see two V shaped cuts in the metal. And that side of the "loop" is squashed.
I reluctantly removed the six or 7 gold jewelry items. I only have sterling jewelry in there now.
I told management, but there's nothing they can do, really. They have cameras and employees walk the store, but they cannot stop thieves from entering, I suppose.

IMG_20181207_160444.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a lighter note, I found this nice Cole Haan wallet at the thrift store for $1.00, like new!
IMG_20181207_165538471.jpg IMG_20181207_165753358.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results